• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Chefist's BlogGab: A Gossip Thread About BellGab!

Started by chefist, April 10, 2016, 04:10:11 PM

Would you go to Vegas if Falkie was attending?

Yes
No

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 16, 2016, 11:43:23 PM
The draft ended before you were born youngin

but he said, in present tense, that you don't take the ASVAB unless you're already going into the armed forces.  that's the part i'm addressing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on April 17, 2016, 12:44:55 AM
really? wow...I've never heard of that!

Did you remember the name of the test?

i recall it simply being called the ASVAB test.

edit:   and it was administered by military people.

MR. Spock

Good show chefist.  I enjoyed all of the callers too.

chefist

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 12:03:38 AM
Chefist is full of shit. Go listen to his own words on the January 18th GABCAST. Especially this part.

Lol hope you enjoyed The show!

norland2424

Quote from: MV on April 17, 2016, 12:53:54 AM
but he said, in present tense, that you don't take the ASVAB unless you're already going into the armed forces.  that's the part i'm addressing.

yea in my HS anyone could take it, often recruiters would use your score to get you to join up.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on April 17, 2016, 12:53:54 AM

Yep. Once the draft stopped, the recruiters starting reaching out to HS seniors and college campuses and would administer the ASVAB to try and identify possible candidates. I was in the lottery, but they stopped the draft before they got to my year. I didn't have to take the ASVAB until I actually went to talk to the recruiter to enlist.

area51drone

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 12:59:06 AM
Yep. Once the draft stopped, the recruiters starting reaching out to HS seniors and college campuses and would administer the ASVAB to try and identify possible candidates. I was in the lottery, but they stopped the draft before they got to my year. I didn't have to take the ASVAB until I actually went to talk to the recruiter to enlist.

The asvab was available for us to take when I was in HS, but it wasn't like you had to take it.  You'd only take it if you wanted to go into the armed services.

Corona Kitty

Thank you boys for playing, its too bad mr senda did not phone in.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: username on April 17, 2016, 01:05:51 AM

You're welcome.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Noorynoid on April 17, 2016, 12:48:19 AM
Excellent broadcast EOD, very entertaining! Thank you and all the cool cats who participated, maybe next time Falkie will join in the festivities!

He needs to.

chefist

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on April 17, 2016, 01:12:15 AM
It was great. Hope it went well.

If people were generally entertained, then I think it went well!

A yearly George Senda show would probably be sufficient for most!

WOTR

Quote from: username on April 17, 2016, 01:05:51 AM
So George did not call in?  Seems like without his voice the show would have been a long, drawn out monologue.  Did you at least get LC or Drone on the line?  Did you deliver the promised bombshells?  Is Sendas fortress still intact- did you breach the wall to allow a hostage or two to escape?  Will there be a follow up broadcast?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Lilith

The show was fun enough to keep me awake, and its now 3:17AM.  I always enjoy hearing bellgabbers, especially ones I havent heard before.  Thank You Michael and Daniel, and thank you to all the bellgabbers in the chat. It was fun seeing MV there in the chat just like another bellgabber!  ;D :-*

GravitySucks

Quote from: area51drone on April 17, 2016, 01:04:45 AM
The asvab was available for us to take when I was in HS, but it wasn't like you had to take it.  You'd only take it if you wanted to go into the armed services.

Falkie might be lying about even taking the test. According to this, the Air Force didn't even start using the ASVAB test until 1973. It was developed in 1968, but the Air Force didn't use it until 1973 after the draft had ended.

http://official-asvab.com/history_res.htm

It's alway a bummer when facts get in the way of Senda's stories. I so want at least one of them to be true.

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 17, 2016, 01:19:26 AM
Falkie might be lying about taking the test.
I am less and less convinced that it is simply old age or a failing memory and not outright, purposeful deception on the part of Senda.  Perhaps he was just one of their early test subjects chosen to ensure that the test was not too difficult for mere mortals and those not gifted?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on April 17, 2016, 01:19:12 AM
The show was fun enough to keep me awake, and its now 3:17AM.  I always enjoy hearing bellgabbers, especially ones I havent heard before.  Thank You Michael and Daniel, and thank you to all the bellgabbers in the chat. It was fun seeing MV there in the chat just like another bellgabber!  ;D :-*

Love you.

Hail mv

pate

Quote from: norland2424 on April 17, 2016, 12:58:50 AM
yea in my HS anyone could take it, often recruiters would use your score to get you to join up.

True story, I got an unasked for "pause" so I could work it out with paper in pencil, so the young'uns wouldn't feel bad that I "ACED" it.  Heh...

Them kids are so much sneakier way back when than I was!

Hoo-boy!

Fun side-bar, I got everything I asked for and more than that from the military...

bqwhatevah!  ahaha

ediot:  punch card Href, not intended.  Much appreciated!

Corona Kitty

Quote from: brig on April 17, 2016, 01:27:11 AM
Love You TOO!

Praise MV!

Dammit brig, havent you learned anything? Falkie does not like the praise mv stuff.

Lilith

Quote from: username on April 17, 2016, 01:37:47 AM

Dammit brig, havent you learned anything? Falkie does not like the praise mv stuff.

I think he is trying to get used to it.  I haven't gotten in any trouble yet.  :)