• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell replacement host now that he's gone for good, maybe, again

Started by Just Me, December 12, 2015, 10:01:35 PM

Just Me

I nominate the DARK JOURNALIST aka Daniel Liszt

Forget those annoyances like Jimmy Church, Dave Shrader, Richard Syrett and all the rest of those weirdos and jerks that think they can run the radio racket.

Daniel Liszt aka dark journalist for host of dark matter radio midnight in the desert.

Just do it!

Just Me

Dark Journalist is the man. He never blinks and perhaps he is a droid robot of some kind that has a good handle on the radio racket

Claudius

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 10:05:32 PM
Heather Wade is probably better at this time.
Why have you been and apparently still are so fanatically in favor of her?

She's a well meaning amateur who you want to fill Art's shoes, why would a radio station keep the show on for her? Also you're assuming that she even wants to do this, what if she has no intention of continuing to do this?

Just Me

I'd nominate George Knapp but this is a young mans game and not for womenz or old people. George is over extended and will not quit coast or his reporting gig.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 10:07:33 PM
Why have you been and apparently still are so fanatically in favor of her?

She's a well meaning amateur who you want to fill Art's shoes, why would a radio station keep the show on for her? Also you're assuming that she even wants to do this, what if she has no intention of continuing to do this?
Ummm maybe because she said so? You people are acting like we get a vote. Where did Art say we get to vote on the replacement? That's why I keep saying Heather Wade. She is going to be the replacement.

Just Me

Any body check parabnormaldate .com for heathers profile and is she lusting after the snoron shoe shine boy for radio racket points

Claudius

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 10:15:22 PM
Ummm maybe because she said so? You people are acting like we get a vote. Where did Art say we get to vote on the replacement? That's why I keep saying Heather Wade. She is going to be the replacement.
Replacement for what? The show is done with. As much as people on here want to pretend otherwise that show is done for. Again you and so many people on her fail to address the fact that DM is collapsing and radio stations have already started to throw the show overboard.

Also I would like a link to where she said she wants to take over the full mantle, and not just a platitude on the D-Day show last night.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 10:20:18 PM
Replacement for what? The show is done with. As much as people on here want to pretend otherwise that show is done for. Again you and so many people on her fail to address the fact that DM is collapsing and radio stations have already started to throw the show overboard.

Also I would like a link to where she said she wants to take over the full mantle, and not just a platitude on the D-Day show last night.
ha. Sorry pal, you need the subscription to hear the show.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 10:15:22 PM

Well, he didn't. He also said he's leaving the network and so why would he have any say in it anymore? Unless he's not and is going to stick around as host emeritus, doing the occasional show; which he hinted at last night. Then I suppose he should. Although, he did pick Noory once. Just because he can host doesn't necessarily mean he's good at picking a host. Regardless, why not just let people suggest and speculate if it makes them feel better?

ziznak

pretty sure I heard Art say Heather is his replacement tho?  womenz can be great broadcasters too ya know... their positions in radio should not always have them relegated to being "the hole" on morning zoo shows.

give our girl a chance

Ciardelo

Please feel free to go ahead and keep voting. Don't let anything dissuade you from pretending.

Just Me

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 10:20:18 PM

Wait for it, someones gonna come out with, it's to big to fail.

Ok than, I'll say it, it's to big to fail!. there, I said it.

Claudius

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 12, 2015, 10:22:57 PM
ha. Sorry pal, you need the subscription to hear the show.
I do have a sub, why would I want to go back and listen to that radio equivalent of the Hindenburg Disaster?

Again don't address the point I have laid out.   

The funny thing is, I don't care who the host "is" because there isn't going to be a show.

Quote from: malachi.martini on December 12, 2015, 10:09:22 PM
A thousand times this.

Not sure if Knapp was even approached to come over to Rowland's network.  One would assume that he was.
If so, he was smart enough to stay put........   I can't see how the network continues but assuming it does
I'd probably go with the Stoner dude out of San Diego or Mr. Hughes from the U.K.    Assuming either could
swing it and would be willing to take the risk.  I didn't listen to Heather's show so I have no opinion there.
I have listened to the stoner and Hughes and both are good - way better than Noory.   Next time I get some
vacation I'll have to stay up late and give Heather a listen - assuming the whole network hasn't imploded by
then.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ziznak on December 12, 2015, 10:23:15 PM
pretty sure I heard Art say Heather is his replacement tho?  womenz can be great broadcasters too ya know... their positions in radio should not always have them relegated to being "the hole" on morning zoo shows.

give our girl a chance

I'd give her a few more listens, though I wasn't getting a real promising vibe from her. Man or woman for an adequate Art Bell replacement we need 1. Someone with a genuine interest in the subject matter. 2. Someone with an interesting voice. 3. Someone who can think on their feet and 4. Someone who will dig for the truth by challenging people and asking interesting or at least obvious follow up questions. She seemed nice and would certainly pass criteria 1 but not the rest.

TacoTuesday

Joke answer, Phil Hendrie with Gen. Johnson Jameson

Real answer, Brian Alverez, maybe he could explain how Papa Shango  made the Ulitamate Warrior ooze that black shit.

Rix Gins

I'd like to see how Heather develops.  But if we are looking for other fish in the sea...anyone but Ian Punnett.  Yeah, I know he's popular with lots a folk and I'm sure he's a nice guy.  I just can't get behind that snide like voice of his.

I just laugh at people who think Heather is even a logical candidate. No offense, you think someone who told a few jokes with friends a couple times should host The Tonight Show? Then you want to make it a feminist issue? Good luck with that.

She has been a great producer, she's a good person and blah blah blah. But none of that negates that she hasn't developed the talent to be a radio show host. It's not some magic that happens overnight. It takes years of developing. Her being put in this position to fail is shitty for everyone.

This is purely business. Most if not all the subs will dry up, the backlash will be intense and it will be a hellish pointless experience for everyone involved.

At this point there isn't a realistic replacement out there. Maybe Alvarez but paranormal radio is a side gig behind pro wrestling (which he's awesome at) and he doesn't have enough of a fan base to make it work.

Just Me

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 12, 2015, 10:33:50 PM
I'd like to see how Heather develops.  But if we are looking for other fish in the sea...anyone but Ian Punnett.  Yeah, I know he's popular with lots a folk and I'm sure he's a nice guy.  I just can't get behind that snide like voice of his.

Yikes!!!, that guy lost his mind and smokes way to much to be of any use to dark matters

Ciardelo

Jeezus. has anybody mentioned Daniel Liszt? I'm watching his YT w/ LMH. That fucker never blinks! OK, I'm switching my vote. Nobody never said no take-backs up in here.  8)

ziznak

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 12, 2015, 10:34:17 PM
I just laugh at people who think Heather is even a logical candidate. No offense, you think someone who told a few jokes with friends a couple times should host The Tonight Show? Then you want to make it a feminist issue? Good luck with that.

This is purely business. Most if not all the subs will dry up, the backlash will be intense and it will be a hellish pointless experience for everyone involved.

At this point there isn't a realistic replacement out there.
i wasn't making it a feminist issue the guy from lincoln park brought it up.  Give her a chance is all.  I don't think there will be any other host guys this is it.  Once she gets into a groove she will be fine.  Most of the time she asked a question I asked my self is this the question Art would have asked.  She was there asking the questions I thought she would although the premise of this guests appearance did have caveats limiting her arsenal.  I'd like to see how she is in a week.  Once she gets into a flow with running the bumpers and taking calls all while thinking on her feet... shit man it's gotta be exhausting mentally.

Ciardelo

Poor LMH keeps trying to make it look like she isn't reading her notes.  :( That Liszt  just keeps staring a hole in her.

Robert

Here's a thought: me.  I'm willing to interview people on, &  discuss, fringe topics.  I've got the time to do the background research, and I could stay up late if I got paid to do so.  I think I have the right attitude.  My voice & delivery are great, and I've always been a good public speaker.  I have a good deal of experience interviewing people on a candidate screening committee in such a way as to not prejudice their answers.  However, I can shill just enough to make my hosting them attractive to people who want favorable exposure, yet not so much as to lose credibility with the audience.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Robert on December 12, 2015, 10:43:56 PM
Here's a thought: me.  I'm willing to interview people on, &  discuss, fringe topics.  I've got the time to do the background research, and I could stay up late if I got paid to do so.  I think I have the right attitude.  My voice & delivery are great, and I've always been a good public speaker.  I have a good deal of experience interviewing people on a candidate screening committee in such a way as to not prejudice their answers.  However, I can shill just enough to make my hosting them attractive to people who want favorable exposure, yet not so much as to lose credibility with the audience.
And you can sell your soap bubbles that won't hurt your hoo hoo! Do you have an audition tape or a youtube vid or something?