• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 30, 2016, 11:46:31 PM
I think you're forgetting about a little movie called john carter of mars.  ;)

Also, Star Wars was 1977  ;) ;)

John Carter is still based on a booked published in the relatively early part of the 20th century.

But saying RCH's knowledge of SF is stuck in the 70s is probably not that far off.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on May 30, 2016, 11:51:46 PM
Hmmm. Closer to Helen Mirren than Minnie Pearl

Too snooty and British. Minnie Pearl!  ;)

Juan Cena

Quote from: Nobody on May 30, 2016, 11:50:20 PM
That sentence is rich in cringeworthy mental imagery.

(On the plus side, I'm a lot less hungry than I thought I was after reading it.)

You don't want Art to have a fulfilling sexual relationship with his wife? You clod! 😄

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 30, 2016, 11:46:31 PM
I think you're forgetting about a little movie called john carter of mars.  ;)

Also, Star Wars was 1977  ;) ;)

You got me. That should be sci fi books 1970.  Movies 1980

Lilith

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 30, 2016, 11:43:32 PM
I like to think of brig as the Minnie Pearl of Bellgab.  ;)

You're MUCH to nice!   ;D  :-*

Juan Cena

I'd like to hear someone claim that Watchmen was trying to tell everyone there was a secret plot to end the threat of nuclear war by creating a "space alien" to attack Earth.

Or was that "The Architects of Fear" episode of The Outer Limits? Same thing 😉

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: brig on May 31, 2016, 12:01:10 AM
You're MUCH to nice!   ;D  :-*

I did mean it as a compliment. She was awesome and funny and always wore a hat with flowers too. The only thing you're missing is the price tag still dangling off it.  ;)

Juan Cena

Quote from: TigerLily on May 30, 2016, 11:58:33 PM
You got me. That should be sci fi books 1970.  Movies 1980

Would make sense, as I'm not even sure RCH ever saw Star Trek IV. He had a hard time with the idea his precious glass dome on the moon might have been made of transparent aluminum.

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2016, 12:05:59 AM
I did mean it as a compliment. She was awesome and funny and always wore a hat with flowers too. The only thing you're missing is the price tag still dangling off it.  ;)

I think I saw her hat in either the Country Music Hall of Fame or the Smithsonian.

Nobody

Quote from: TigerLily on May 30, 2016, 11:51:46 PM
Hmmm. Closer to Helen Mirren than Minnie Pearl

Oh, I don't know.  Helen Mirren is very elegant, no question, but I always found the price tag dangling off of Minnie Pearl's hat quite endearing:

Perhaps Brig could chime in and tell us which woman she would prefer to be thought as?  :-*

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 31, 2016, 12:06:06 AM

Would make sense, as I'm not even sure RCH ever saw Star Trek IV. He had a hard time with the idea his precious glass dome on the moon might have been made of transparent aluminum.

Yeah but how do we know he wasn't the guy that made the transparent domes on the moon in the first place.  ;)

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2016, 12:08:36 AM
Yeah but how do we know he wasn't the guy that made the transparent domes on the moon in the first place.  ;)

I see what you're implying, and I think it's more likely my theory about Nessie has more chances of being real than your theory about RCH there. 😝

Lilith

Quote from: TigerLily on May 31, 2016, 12:07:39 AM
Ok.... Diane Keaton

I have a hat exactly like that.  I put a silk flower on it tho.

TigerLily

Quote from: brig on May 31, 2016, 12:13:51 AM
I have a hat exactly like that.  I put a silk flower on it tho.

Yes! I was thinking if I wasn't so sleepy I would Photoshop a flower on it

TigerLily

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 31, 2016, 12:15:07 AM
Is that anything like Bananas in Pajamas?

Only if that is your password

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 31, 2016, 12:11:31 AM
I see what you're implying, and I think it's more likely my theory about Nessie has more chances of being real than your theory about RCH there. 😝

I don't think you do. It's a joke that didn't quite work out. See, in the STIV McCoy and Scotty get over the fact that they could be altering the spacetime continuum in giving the guy the formula for transparent aluminum by saying, "how do we know he didn't invent it?! Always seemed cheap to me and doesn't make any sense because all they would've had to do was consult the ship's computer to find out who actually did invent it.  ::)  :D

Juan Cena

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2016, 12:16:39 AM
I don't think you do. It's a joke that didn't quite work out. See, in the STIV McCoy and Scotty get over the fact that they could be altering the spacetime continuum in giving the guy the formula for transparent aluminum by saying, "how do we know he didn't invent it?! Always seemed cheap to me and doesn't make any sense because all they would've had to do was consult the ship's computer to find out who actually did invent it.  ::)  :D

It's just too early in the morning for me to make connections like that.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 31, 2016, 12:16:39 AM

Why did it have to be transparent to begin with. They were building a tank. Why did it have to look like an aquarium?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 31, 2016, 12:19:00 AM
It's just too early in the morning for me to make connections like that.

Someone get this guy some coffee!  :D

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2016, 12:08:03 AM
Article about what Gary McKinnon says he found.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/624901/WATCH-Proof-NASA-edits-out-UFOs-What-Gary-McKinnon-found-on-2-year-hack-spree

That is interesting. He found evidence of "non-terrestrial bases" with movement of goods back and forth. Alien outposts?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2016, 12:19:24 AM
Why did it have to be transparent to begin with. They were building a tank. Why did it have to look like an aquarium?

I can't remember. So the whales wouldn't get freaked out?  ???