• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Taco Bell

What a dipshit. Here's the topic, let's ask something irrelevant.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 10, 2016, 12:39:08 AM
Can you recommend any books that cover the De Soto accounts?  I don't think I can handle the originals.

There really isn't much out there. The only one I can really suggest would be "Hernando de Soto: A Savage Quest in the Americas" by David Duncan. The actual accounts, of which there are four, are much better and are easily available. "A Narrative of the Expedition of Hernando de Soto into Florida" by a Gentleman from Elvas is free for kindle because it's public domain. The unreal brutality of that expedition is perfect for a historical fiction novel, but I haven't finished my attempt at it yet.

Hi all. This is the first show I've listened to in a few weeks.  I was just sitting in the dark listening to the show on my phone.  I've dabbled a bit in ghost hunting.  I've done a bit in Gettysburg, Savannah, St. Augustine, Virginia City and at the Stanley Hotel. Also some good local places here in Marietta and Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield.

One of the scariest was this old sports club and grill in St. Augustine.  There was some sort of mob murder a number of years ago and now nature is reclaiming the place.  Anyway, my EMF meter went crazy and the atmosphere became heavy and oppressive.   As I got close to a certain room, my "spider-senses" went wild and then I heard an evil voice laugh in my head.  Not through my ears but in my head. That really chilled me to the bone. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. I got the hell out of there real fast.    I've got other scary stories but that experience only stoked my curiosity even more and ghost-hunting particularly when you are by yourself is such a rush.

akwilly

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 10, 2016, 12:48:46 AM
Hi all. This is the first show I've listened to in a few weeks.  I was just sitting in the dark listening to the show on my phone.  I've dabbled a bit in ghost hunting.  I've done a bit in Gettysburg, Savannah, St. Augustine, Virginia City and at the Stanley Hotel. Also some good local places here in Marietta and Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield.

One of the scariest was this old sports club and grill in St. Augustine.  There was some sort of mob murder a number of years ago and now nature is reclaiming the place.  Anyway, my EMF meter went crazy and the atmosphere became heavy and oppressive.   As I got close to a certain room, my spider-senses went wild and then I heard an evil voice laugh in my head.  Not through my ears but in my head. That really chilled me to the bone, nothing like that has ever happened to me. I got the hell out of there real fast.    I've got other scary stories but that experience only stoked my curiosity even more and ghost-hunting particularly when you are by yourself is such a rush.
Pretty ballsy to do that stuff by yourself.

K_Dubb

Thanks Monk and Dolphin; I ordered them both.

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 10, 2016, 12:51:58 AM
Thanks Monk and Dolphin

Monk and Dolphin-the new animated comedy taking America by storm.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 10, 2016, 12:53:29 AM

I like it! It's got real potential  :D

Can anyone else hear the dolphin talking besides the monk?  ???

trostol

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 10, 2016, 12:53:29 AM

nope..new detective pairing

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 10, 2016, 12:48:46 AM

One of the scariest was this old sports club and grill in St. Augustine.  There was some sort of mob murder a number of years ago and now nature is reclaiming the place.  Anyway, my EMF meter went crazy and the atmosphere became heavy and oppressive.   As I got close to a certain room, my spider-senses went wild and then I heard an evil voice laugh in my head.  Not through my ears but in my head. That really chilled me to the bone, nothing like that has ever happened to me. I got the hell out of there real fast.    I've got other scary stories but that experience only stoked my curiosity even more and ghost-hunting particularly when you are by yourself is such a rush.

Hey 21CM. Glad you joined us. Thanks for sharing. I don't believe in reincarnation, at least not in this life, but two places I have not been able to set foot on are Gettysburg and Antietam. I have been researching which units fought at both battles. So far I have found one from Massachusetts and one from Minnesota. Haven't checked the Confederate ones yet.

If reincarnation is real, I was at Antietam and died at Gettysburg. I base that on the strength of emotions I got from the two. I recognized the area around Antietam before I knew where I was. I planned several jaunts to Gettysburg when I was working in WV, but could never complete the trip. Just overcome with anxiety. 

Quote from: akwilly on March 10, 2016, 12:50:27 AM
Pretty ballsy to do that stuff by yourself.

Not really.  My wife sometimes come along but she is really not into it.  She warns me but I just shrug my shoulders and do my thing.   One place in St. Augustine that we both went to was the old Lighthouse and I got some unusual temperature readings in the teens and 20's in certain areas where the actual air temperature was about 55.  My EMF meter went off a little bit but I didn't experience anything else.  My wife hated the place.  We went back 4 or 5 times and every time she would get a sick stomach and the atmosphere was oppressive to her but I felt nothing.

akwilly

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2016, 12:55:55 AM
Hey 21CM. Glad you joined us. Thanks for sharing. I don't believe in reincarnation, at least not in this life, but two places I have not been able to set foot on are Gettysburg and Antietam. I have been researching which units fought at both battles. So far I have found one from Massachusetts and one from Minnesota. Haven't checked the Confederate ones yet.

If reincarnation is real, I was at Antietam and died at Gettysburg. I base that on the strength of emotions I got from the two. I recognized the area around Antietam before I knew where I was. I planned several jaunts to Gettysburg when I was working in WV, but could never complete the trip. Just overcome with anxiety.
interesting! I know some people that had similar feelings when visiting Little Bighorn.

akwilly

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 10, 2016, 12:58:02 AM
Not really.  My wife sometimes come along but she is really not into it.  She warns me but I just shrug my shoulders and do my thing.   One place in St. Augustine that we both went to was the old Lighthouse and I got some unusual temperature readings in the teens and 20's in certain areas where the actual air temperature was about 55.  My EMF meter went off a little bit but I didn't experience anything else.  My wife hated the place.  We went back 4 or 5 times and every time she would get a sick stomach and the atmosphere was oppressive to her but I felt nothing.
Maybe because the lighthouse is close to water it could help explain the temperature change?

GravitySucks

Quote from: akwilly on March 10, 2016, 12:58:12 AM
interesting! I know some people that had similar feelings when visiting Little Bighorn.

It is hard to describe. Even more than anxiety. More like dread.

akwilly

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2016, 01:01:07 AM
Oh man I hope you get to visit those places and report back to us in the future.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2016, 01:01:07 AM

Perhaps it could be some sort of psychic resonance rather than evidence of reincarnation? Not that I'm discounting that.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2016, 12:55:55 AM
Hey 21CM. Glad you joined us. Thanks for sharing. I don't believe in reincarnation,at least not in this life[, but two places I have not been able to set foot on are Gettysburg and Antietam. I have been researching which units fought at both battles. So far I have found one from Massachusetts and one from Minnesota. Haven't checked the Confederate ones yet.

Uh huh
Since we're sharing, I grew up with a ghost. When I was 9 we moved into a house where the previous owners,  the mom had died. They had a daughter a few years older than me. I have 9 years worth of ghost stories just from there

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 10, 2016, 01:03:34 AM
Perhaps it could be some sort of psychic resonance rather than evidence of reincarnation? Not that I'm discounting that.

It's hard to say, because like I said, I don't have any belief in reincarnation. I have an open mind to most phenomena. At times I do have sensitivities that I can't explain.  You may be right, because my life experiences allow me to be more open to psychic phenomena.

akwilly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 10, 2016, 01:03:34 AM
Ya some places just have a bad vibe. But there is flip side to that as well.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on March 10, 2016, 01:06:21 AM
Uh huh
Since we're sharing, I grew up with a ghost. When I was 9 we moved into a house where the previous owners,  the mom had died. They had a daughter a few years older than me. I have 9 years worth of ghost stories just from there

Wow... Now I will be waiting for you to call in.

TigerLily

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 10, 2016, 01:02:33 AM
It was a bitch learning English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnVAv77gEqo
Specist! Peter was trying to teach her dolphinese but obviously she was too dumb

Taco Bell

Quote from: TigerLily on March 10, 2016, 01:06:21 AM
Uh huh

Had a lot of weird stuff happen at my parents house, mainly in the basement. Neighbors did too in their basement. Both my dad and the neighbors had seen a lady in an old nurse uniform in their respective homes.