• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

and now for Dark Matter - Bumper Music - Be Right Back

Belles

Quote from: Jackstar on February 25, 2016, 01:51:05 AM
Well that is too bad.

I was really taking a shine to that caller.
[/quote

She had a wonderful radio voice.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Roswells, Art on February 25, 2016, 01:49:40 AM
Their eyes glow only if their dilithium crystals have recently been replaced.

Haha I was thinking they might be powered by friction motors like those toy cars with the glowing red light inside.

Well, that sucks. I really wanted to hear the caller's question.

I refreshed the pop-up player and it is working now.

lurkernerge

Hearing chipmunk speed in TuneIn...wtf...

jjsmooth

Quote from: K_Dubb on February 25, 2016, 01:46:37 AM
Ah, thanks!  So there's no way you can think of to fake the results she's reporting?

Well you could fake results by lying about what's in the data. Or you could be incompetent in your analyses and get incorrect results. Until she releases her data, it is impossible to verify her claims or figure out what went wrong.

BTW, it is standard practice in science to release data upon publication to allow independent verification of results. Refusal to do so would be immediate grounds for rejection at any reputable journal.

GravitySucks

Quote from: jjsmooth on February 25, 2016, 02:17:15 AM
Well you could fake results by lying about what's in the data. Or you could be incompetent in your analyses and get incorrect results. Until she releases her data, it is impossible to verify her claims or figure out what went wrong.

BTW, it is standard practice in science to release data upon publication to allow independent verification of results. Refusal to do so would be immediate grounds for rejection at any reputable journal.

Could you make any sense of the stuff on her website?

jjsmooth

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 25, 2016, 02:18:15 AM
Could you make any sense of the stuff on her website?

I scanned through her website specifically for the raw data, which should be gigabytes of data. But that's not available. There are just a few snippets of mitochondrial DNA and other small sequences.

Buried in the supplemental data, there are some phylogenetic trees, but they weren't performed in a way to be meaningul. She would need to include dozens of primate species and all three of her sequenced samples together in the same analysis, and she would need to analyze hundreds or thousands of individual gene sequences.

All in all, what I saw did not encourage me to delve deeper.

Auslandia

Quote from: jjsmooth on February 25, 2016, 02:59:08 AM
I scanned through her website specifically for the raw data, which should be gigabytes of data. But that's not available. There are just a few snippets of mitochondrial DNA and other small sequences.

Buried in the supplemental data, there are some phylogenetic trees, but they weren't performed in a way to be meaningul. She would need to include dozens of primate species and all three of her sequenced samples together in the same analysis, and she would need to analyze hundreds or thousands of individual gene sequences.

It's because she's researching to prove her own theory and not following the data.

swordpoint9

I figured it out (Bigfoot) is really some strange late 40's Anime . It was radiated bY OUR Bombs .  It comes and goes through a separate dialectic and forms Physically here in the US . using 19.5 Gigawatts at the speed of a torsion field and it is the science . I am no scientist but it makes as much sense as anything she said !

Lilith

Quote from: Auslandia on February 25, 2016, 04:35:59 AM

It's because she's researching to prove her own theory and not following the data.

I have to admit I enjoyed the show in my own kind of warped humor way.  We had an expert interviewing an expert.  They were perfectly balanced in their degree of expertise, which made for a perfect comedy IMO.

PKaiser

Hello all!  I've been "lurking" here for about four months now after discovering this forum while listening to Art/Heather discuss it on MitD and thought it was about time to create a profile and jump in!  Yes, that is me in my avatar, I've been a professional musician here in Indianapolis for longer than I care to remember, which is how I came to hear Art back in the early '90s while driving from gig to gig in the middle of the night.  I have a BS degree in US History and have a passion for this country and its politics.  I recently married for the first time to the first girl I dated when I was 13 (we re-met online on that Facebook thingy) and I have no children (that I know of, heh, heh).  I think this forum is a riot, although I did cancel my TT subscription just last week (I've done a fair bit of radio in my day, used to work with the Bob & Tom Show, and was a Producer/on-air talent for Maine in the Morning up in Bangor for example) because I cannot deal with amateurs on the radio!  No offense, but she is what she is.  Anyway, I find most of you thoughtful, fairly respectful and open to new ideas.  And of course some of you are funnier than hell and I have a great time reading your back and forths!  So that's enough from me, I'll be around and if you'd like to see if I'm for real or fulla shit just clik here and you can see all my bands, see videos of me singing with Lou Gramm, Dennis DeYoung and the Bob & Tom crew and you can listen to my original songs where I wrote, played and sang everything on them  Just go to:

www.reverbnation.com/philkaiser

Hope to talk to you all soon!

Oh, and Praise MV!

K_Dubb

Quote from: jjsmooth on February 25, 2016, 02:17:15 AM

Thanks, sorry I meant to ask if you could think of a way to engineer a sample so that when sequenced independently by other researchers it would yield the results she reports -- human mitochondrial DNA but the rest an unknown species, presumably primate.

K_Dubb

Quote from: jjsmooth on February 25, 2016, 02:59:08 AM

Oh, that is discouraging.  Were the inadequacies you perceive in her data the ones you'd expect to see with insufficient funding, or could you detect deliberate deception?

PKaiser

Thanks IB!

I want to ask you all a question I have asked in the regular AB thread (if that's bad manners please let me know as I'm very knew to this) as it seems many members don't do many other threads:

Why is it that nobody has ever mentioned (as far as I can tell) that Art Bell is a GEMINI, and that could be the reason he goes off half-cocked and cuts his nose off to spite his face time after time like he does?  CLASSIC Gemini reactions he has, imho.

I lived with a Gemini for four years in my late teens-early 20s and am actually married to one, so I do have a bit of experience, however anecdotal, lol.

Just curious what you all think because I've read all kinds of reasons/excuses for his snap decisions here for the past four months but not the astrological one, which I would think would be right up this forum's alley, so to speak.

And Art:  BIG fan here, please take no offense, just asking... (slowly slinks away...)  :D

Praise MV!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: PKaiser on February 25, 2016, 11:57:15 AM
Why is it that nobody has ever mentioned (as far as I can tell) that Art Bell is a GEMINI, and that could be the reason he goes off half-cocked and cuts his nose off to spite his face time after time like he does?  CLASSIC Gemini reactions he has, imho.

I can answer this. Because horoscopy makes about as much sense as a cheese condom. It's only of interest to cat ladies.

Talking of which, here's somewhere you might get a different answer. It might take some time, though, because it's frightfully busy, as you can see:

http://mysticstars.net/smf/

PKaiser

Thanks Sred, I knew from reading you intently the past four months (I'm a severe Anglophile) that I could rely on you!  You are a very funny guy!  ;)

But nahh, I've been around for a long time and if one pays attention one can correlate certain predispositions to the time of year people were born.  I never put much stock in it when I was younger, and I don't have a single book, chart, blah, blah in my home, but as I've grown older I just see things and put two and two together.  I doesn't help that I have a mind for dates, which make me remember all kinds of folks' birthdays....

RoseGirl

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 25, 2016, 12:08:37 PM
I can answer this. Because horoscopy makes about as much sense as a cheese condom. It's only of interest to cat ladies.

Talking of which, here's somewhere you might get a different answer. It might take some time, though, because it's frightfully busy, as you can see:

http://mysticstars.net/smf/

Hey, thanks for the shout-out, Svend. Much appreciated. Yes, not as busy as it should be and eventually will be, but we do get usually about 4 to 6 people signing up per day. And, of course, we are new and not yet out in the search engines. But again, thanks for your interest.

Do you have a web site, by the way? And what do you do for a living? Just wondering.

Jackstar

I mentioned this once and was immediately banned.

Praise MV!

Do you have a library card?

CLASSIC Gemini reactions he has, imho.

I tend to find Gemini's to be 2 faced. Isn't Whorge a Gemini? June 4th Bday.

Jackstar

Quote from: SredniVashtar on February 25, 2016, 12:08:37 PM