• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 13, 2018, 10:46:04 AM
This one is going to be different.  It's her long looked forward to Art Bell tribute show.  She's going to have callers call in and cry, laugh, tell their Art Bell stories - and she's going to do multiple shows until everyone has had a chance to have their say.

I haven't gone back to listen, but isn't that what she said on Joe Meth's show?  I would imagine she'll begin right after she sets Keith and everyone else straight on the legacy mantle he left her.

I think so too but, it's a month on. Isn't everyone really past the grieving?

Metron2267

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 13, 2018, 11:28:30 AM

With women it's hard to say, should be, but their emotional module is far stronger than mens'.

Nobody

Quote from: albrecht on May 13, 2018, 11:09:58 AM
I notice that Paul seems to be posting loyalty posts to Heather under his own account and is less and less frequently mentioning Ella or using the Paul & Ella handle/sign-off. I just trying to get updated

That makes one of us.  :)

(When it comes to Paul and Ella, I Don't Want to Know.)

Sean92008

Factor in the crazy and all stages of grief are off the table.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 11, 2018, 11:46:34 PM
Here are mine:

First off, she's not very bright.  Walking around insisting Art ''gave'' her this or that doesn't mean it's so just because he's not around to contradict her.  No matter how much of a performance she put on, sobbing over losing her best friend, blah blah blah.  If he did own it, then Airyn owns it now, not her.  And apparently Keith owns it anyway. 

Art did say no had no financial interest in the show or network, if that's true (and I don't take his word on anything) he can't have given it to her. 

As far as she being Art's legacy or whatever the claim is:  when did Art ever say that?  All I heard from him is that he thought there should be more female voices on the air, and he thought she was doing well.  Not ''I'm passing my legacy on to her, she's the next me''.  Never heard that from him.  Only from her.  It's BS, and shame on these backwoods hick hosts for enabling her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 13, 2018, 11:27:10 AM
Apparently her fans don’t know that Dave’s flagship is KYNE. Lol. Oh and bonus sexism after that because you know we should base jobs off of gender and not talent.  ::)

;D ;D

Her poor brainless fans. They’d be smarter if they were BellGabbers.  :D

Metron2267

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 13, 2018, 11:32:28 AM
Factor in the crazy and all stages of grief are off the table.

Yes, your craziness is ON the table!

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 13, 2018, 11:39:16 AM
;D ;D

Lol, you should be turned in to the Fantastic Forum pirates for that!

:o

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 13, 2018, 11:07:53 AM
That's a strong possibility.

She did OK in Vara's welcome to the network hugfest, but real open lines and a bellgabberer's bum's rush might just send her over the edge back into raw grief.

You can bet all the obsessors who "won't be listening" will be lighting up the phone lines.

Uh huh.

I think she will turn the sobbing back on. She's got to tie it to her 2 weeks of grieving and why she couldn't possibly carry on and how wrong it was of Keith to attack her when she was so vulnerable.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 13, 2018, 11:39:16 AM
;D ;D

I think some might be or they are just sick of her BS. Either way it is a fun read.

Metron2267

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 13, 2018, 11:40:37 AM
I think she will turn the sobbing back on. She's got to tie it to her 2 weeks of grieving and why she couldn't possibly carry on and how wrong it was of Keith to attack her when she was so vulnerable.

I'm going to wager anger replaces the sobbing, bet me a Cherry Dr. Pepper on that?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: WinWinS on May 11, 2018, 11:49:16 PM
he definitely has skillz!

What's I love about his interviewing skills, he asks the questions that the LISTENERS want the answers to

There's nothing more frustrating than listening to a guest and not get the questions in your head asked by the host. Art was always really good at asking the guest what I was wondering while listening.

damon

Most normal people are done grieving. It does sucks that Art's wife has to do tie the loose ends after art's death. She and her kids should still be in a grieving stage. For Heather Wade, she is just a wacky nutjob.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 13, 2018, 11:42:14 AM
I think some might be or they are just sick of her BS. Either way it is a fun read.

Too bad I can’t respond to that guy or I’d be all over it.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 13, 2018, 11:42:17 AM
There's nothing more frustrating than listening to a guest and not get the questions in your head asked by the host. Art was always really good at asking what I was wondering while listening.
Did you just compare Good Dave to Art? Uh-oh the Heather police are coming for you. Lol. You vulture. Lol. I agree btw about Dave.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 13, 2018, 11:44:26 AM
Did you just compare Good Dave to Art? Uh-oh the Heather police are coming for you. Lol. You vulture. Lol. I agree btw about Dave.

...I hate to say it but I haven't listened to Good Dave yet. I just took her word for it. lol. I think I might have some time coming up where I can listen to stuff.

Nobody

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 13, 2018, 11:27:10 AM
Apparently her fans don’t know that Dave’s flagship is KYNE.

Speaking of radio stations: Can someone please confirm whether LNM actually broadcasts over any terrestrial radio stations?

(I am not loading their appalling webpage again; once was quite enough.)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 13, 2018, 11:48:01 AM
...I hate to say it but I haven't listened to good Dave yet. I just took her word for it. lol. I think I might have some time coming up where I can listen to stuff.
Well it’s bellgab all opinions are welcome. I hope you enjoy it. He has chops.

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 13, 2018, 11:42:16 AM
I'm going to wager anger replaces the sobbing, bet me a Cherry Dr. Pepper on that?

You could be right. I do think anger will be in there somewhere. She has to rally her troops. But sobbing is a must.

No bet but a cherry Dr. Pepper does sound good. I've not had one.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Nobody on May 13, 2018, 11:48:30 AM
Speaking of radio stations: Can someone please confirm whether LNM actually broadcasts over any terrestrial radio stations?

No clue. I can’t find shit on that site so I am not going back there either. Lol.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 13, 2018, 09:01:00 AM
I’m guessing drugs are involved.

OK, Nancy Reagan. Settle down now! ::)

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 13, 2018, 11:42:17 AM
There's nothing more frustrating than listening to a guest and not get the questions in your head asked by the host. Art was always really good at asking the guest what I was wondering while listening.

The sign of a good interviewer. Also not missing an opening.

Sean92008

Quote from: Nobody on May 13, 2018, 11:48:30 AM

No.  He's online only.  He did (at least once) have a fundraiser to pay to get airtime on a station (in Georgia, maybe).  If you can't do it with talent, money is the next best qualifier.

Metron2267

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 13, 2018, 11:49:31 AM
You could be right. I do think anger will be in there somewhere. She has to rally her troops. But sobbing is a must.

Gee I hate to see disappointment in the offing, maybe if I can call in and work up some weepiness...

:'(

QuoteNo bet but a cherry Dr. Pepper does sound good. I've not had one.

Elixir of the gods, the f(l)avored beverage of Club 19.5!

8)

Metron2267

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 13, 2018, 11:57:22 AM
No.  He's online only.  He did (at least once) have a fundraiser to pay to get airtime on a station (in Georgia, maybe).  If you can't do it with talent, money is the next best qualifier.

And yet he had enough talent for Keith to recruit him to DMDN...

Go figure.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 13, 2018, 11:49:49 AM

Bill Bennett 's holding on line 2 - something about a cracked egg?

;)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on May 13, 2018, 11:49:31 AM

No bet but a cherry Dr. Pepper does sound good. I've not had one.

Not had one? Oh, you have to try it! :-*

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 13, 2018, 11:49:49 AM
I did quite enjoy having a “sit” on Mr. T’s lap that one time. *giggle*

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 13, 2018, 12:04:04 PM
I did quite enjoy having a “sit” on Mr. T’s lap that one time. *giggle*

Was Starbuck along for the ride?