• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Taco Bell

Where's Juan? He can make open lines great again.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: brig on April 01, 2017, 12:18:26 AM
That's how it feels, like canned laughter on a comedy show that wants you to know when you should laugh...

only worse.

I don't get it.  :-\

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iYVO5bUFww0

Lilith

michio

The host must have learned her alternative science facts from the other GNS!

GravitySucks

Uri Geller might make for an interesting show tonight.

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 04, 2017, 09:55:52 PM

Didn't realize he was still alive

Kolchak

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 04, 2017, 09:55:52 PM

James Randi exposed Uri Geller's shitty parlor tricks over 30 years ago. I doubt Heather will mention that.

https://youtu.be/TNKmhv9uoiQ

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kolchak on April 04, 2017, 10:54:49 PM
James Randi exposed Uri Geller's shitty parlor tricks
over 30 years ago. I doubt Heather will mention that.

Johnny Carson got him before that.  ;)

Kolchak

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 04, 2017, 10:55:44 PM
Johnny Carson got him before that.  ;)

Randi was the advisor brought in by Carson to make sure Geller couldn't meddle with the props.

RoseGirl

James Randi exposed Uri Geller's shitty parlor tricks over 30 years ago. I doubt Heather will mention that.

https://youtu.be/TNKmhv9uoiQ

That's it? He couldn't do it on the Johnny Carson show so he must be a fake? Johnny is better than the CIA and the NSA and SRI combined, eh?

mikuthing01

I have a broken pocket watch and i am going to see if uri geller will fix it.... It's a old Swiss Army pocket watch

mikuthing01

If Uri Geller can fix this watch then the Holocaust did happen and i will stop making anti-Semetic comments. DO IT JEW BOY!

Kolchak

Quote from: RoseGirl on April 04, 2017, 11:05:27 PM
That's it? He couldn't do it on the Johnny Carson show so he must be a fake? Johnny is better than the CIA and the NSA and SRI combined, eh?

Basically, yes. Because the methodological flaws employed by people like Puthoff and Targ were accounted for and corrected there. Even fellow members of the SRI had problems with these studies at the time.

Geller's methods are extremely rudimentary. Watch his televised appearances closely and it's fairly easy to see when he's using misdirection, thumb tips or just blatantly cheating.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Kolchak on April 04, 2017, 10:58:13 PM
Randi was the advisor brought in by Carson to make sure Geller couldn't meddle with the props.

I've always heard it was Johnny's idea to switch his spoon because he started out as a magician himself.

TigerLily

James Randi exposed Uri Geller's shitty parlor tricks over 30 years ago. I doubt Heather will mention  that.

I remember Randi. He was Amazing

RoseGirl

Quote from: Kolchak on April 04, 2017, 11:33:12 PM
Basically, yes. Because the methodological flaws employed by people like Puthoff and Targ were accounted for and corrected there. Even fellow members of the SRI had problems with these studies at the time.

Geller's methods are extremely rudimentary. Watch his televised appearances closely and it's fairly easy to see when he's using misdirection, thumb tips or just blatantly cheating.

Didn't know that. I will have to check it out. Methodological flaws, eh? hmmm

GravitySucks

I bet my broken crystal on my watch does not get fixed.

TigerLily

Both my laptop and printer are broken. Worth a shot

Dyna-X

Had 2 broken watches, 1 started again, 1 didn't. The one that started isn't keeping time (which is probably why it was tossed in the drawer 20 years ago, anyway) :/

Dyna-X

Quote from: TigerLily on April 04, 2017, 11:43:54 PM
Both my laptop and printer are broken. Worth a shot
Any results with either, TL?

TigerLily

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on April 05, 2017, 12:11:26 AM
Any results with either, TL?

I'm upstairs and they are downstairs. And I don't care enough to check it out. So will have to wait until tomorrow. Oh, the anticipation!

mikuthing01

Is anyone listening to this shit? Heather said she used to practice in her head hosting a radio show and that's why she was able to do the show when Art got "shot" at and quit. She didn't even mention bellgab lulz!

TigerLily

I knew she was going to say Art. Does that make me psychic?

TigerLily

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on April 05, 2017, 12:02:23 AM
Had 2 broken watches, 1 started again, 1 didn't. The one that started isn't keeping time (which is probably why it was tossed in the drawer 20 years ago, anyway) :/

So I can't figure out if that is a hit or a miss