• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: trostol on August 08, 2016, 10:18:18 PM
she was complaining cause she cant advertise tonights show...

Heather Wade
6 hrs ·
ArtBell.Com
·
FaceBook won't let me pay to advertise this show because they say it is promoting tobacco products. Mr. Conley and I are simply going to talk about vaping and the new laws that went into effect today.

FB did her a favour, and saved her money. It's not like a lot of people would tune into her show anyway.

It doesn't seem that her time at Hogwarts helped her broadcasting any.  ;D

Taco Bell

Waiting for next week's episode on Skoal Bandits vs Red Man pouches.

What does Keith "Hoagland isn't paranormal enough" Rowland think about vaping? I guess as long as Art keeps the cheques coming he doesn't care.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on August 09, 2016, 08:50:29 AM
What does Keith "Hoagland isn't paranormal enough" Rowland think about vaping? I guess as long as Art keeps the cheques coming he doesn't care.

if keith made that statement, it's because he's out of his element when it comes to programming.  setting up the "network" to be "all paranormal all the time" is probably one of the biggest mistakes that could be made, i think.  there needs to be variety and texture.  for example, i would have seen nothing wrong with DMRN airing a gardening show on the weekend, and i mean that.  maybe a financial show?  no reason not to.

Jackstar

Quote from: mv on August 09, 2016, 09:48:19 AM
setting up the "network" to be "all paranormal all the time" is probably one of the biggest mistakes that could be made, i think.

The next biggest mistake would be removing the /ignore function.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on August 09, 2016, 09:56:40 AM

but i want your posts to be seen.

if keith made that statement, it's because he's out of his element when it comes to programming.  setting up the "network" to be "all paranormal all the time" is probably one of the biggest mistakes that could be made, i think.  there needs to be variety and texture.  for example, i would have seen nothing wrong with DMRN airing a gardening show on the weekend, and i mean that.  maybe a financial show?  no reason not to.

A lot of this points to the MITD "Organization", or lack of it.
Keith is obviously not a people person; as evidenced by the many complaints against him in this area.
He should just stick to the technical side of things.
How many producers did they have, before they hired someone with little or no experience?
They then gave her the power to fire people; IMHO, not a smart thing to do.
Art should have had an agent/ handler; he should never have been allowed to post public comments without someone screening them first. Look at the disaster that happened, as proof of this.
Also, some type of CEO position should have been created to act as liaison between everyone.
This person should of had the authority to hire/dismiss.
After Art left, his spot was given to Heather; who had little or no experience, or natural broadcasting ability. Though, in this case; no one else wanted the job. MITD was damaged goods.
What else is there left to say, that hasn't already been said. :(

zeebo

... for example, i would have seen nothing wrong with DMRN airing a gardening show on the weekend...

Especially if the topic is garden-dwelling faerie folk.

ItsOver

Quote from: god of thunder on August 09, 2016, 10:42:31 AM
A lot of this points to the MITD "Organization", or lack of it.
Keith is obviously not a people person; as evidenced by the many complaints against him in this area.
He should just stick to the technical side of things.
How many producers did they have, before they hired someone with little or no experience?
They then gave her the power to fire people; IMHO, not a smart thing to do.
Art should have had an agent/ handler; he should never have been allowed to post public comments without someone screening them first. Look at the disaster that happened, as proof of this.
Also, some type of CEO position should have been created to act as liaison between everyone.
This person should of had the authority to hire/dismiss.
After Art left, his spot was given to Heather; who had little or no experience, or natural broadcasting ability. Though, in this case; no one else wanted the job. MITD was damaged goods.
What else is there left to say, that hasn't already been said. :(
This whole circle-jerk makes PremRat really look premier.

ShayP

Quote from: god of thunder on August 09, 2016, 10:12:07 AM
And tonight's show is.........http://midnightinthedesert.com/

Part of her bio:

....She also taught death and dying at the University of Washington School of Medicine and is a retired clinical assistant professor.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/kimberly-clark-sharp/

How does one teach death?  Is she a murderer?

AZZERAE

I've given Heather a listen. The qualities of hers I dislike most are the smugness and careerism.

AZZERAE

Its rather pathetic watching folks tryna make do with such a sub-par fill in

K_Dubb

My biggest problem with Heather is that while Art was a Seeker, she is a Finder.  In the model followed by Art, and by Noory at first, the Seeker sits behind the desk asking questions and serving as a substitute for the audience, while the Finders sit in the chairs speaking from positions of authority (and largely serving, for me, as objects of derision).

Heather sits uncomfortably in Art's chair and can't help jumping across the desk every now and then to join the guest in lecturing the audience.  The chance to speak from that position of authority is irresistible no matter how ill-prepared she is to do so -- she often simply restates what the guest just said.  I remember how unpleasant it was the first time I heard JBW do this.  It destroys whatever rapport the audience has with the host as a fellow Seeker and turns the show into a hectoring infomercial for a book I'll never read.

CornyCrow

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 09, 2016, 02:58:25 PM
My biggest problem with Heather is that while Art was a Seeker, she is a Finder.  In the model followed by Art, and by Noory at first, the Seeker sits behind the desk asking questions and serving as a substitute for the audience, while the Finders sit in the chairs speaking from positions of authority (and largely serving, for me, as objects of derision).

Heather sits uncomfortably in Art's chair and can't help jumping across the desk every now and then to join the guest in lecturing the audience.  The chance to speak from that position of authority is irresistible no matter how ill-prepared she is to do so -- she often simply restates what the guest just said.  I remember how unpleasant it was the first time I heard JBW do this.  It destroys whatever rapport the audience has with the host as a fellow Seeker and turns the show into a hectoring infomercial for a book I'll never read.
Yes.  I was thinking that some of her past work was to keep the person on the line as long as possible.  She perhaps learned the art of talking a lot while transmitting little of value.
Perhaps her current position should at least not be wasting the time of the listener or the guest?  Maybe people want either good information or good questions. 

I think your observation is spot on.  A good host is often a step or two beyond the guest so he can anticipate scenarios and ask great questions. 

Quote from: Azzerae on August 09, 2016, 12:20:24 PM
I've given Heather a listen. The qualities of hers I dislike most are the smugness and careerism.

What do you mean by careerism?

Quote from: Azzerae on August 09, 2016, 03:51:31 PM
What do you think I mean?

I'm not sure, I haven't listened in months. Is she Noorying herself?

Morgus

Rowland did allow somebody's computer tech program on the dark matter network at one point for awhile didn't he? 
I guess that didn't work out too well for him? 8)

Epaphroditus

Quote from: K_Dubb on August 09, 2016, 02:58:25 PM

2 points for being sane among the cesspool , I cringe when Heather begins the interview with my friend such as the bore known as ken mathis

Lilith

Quote from: Jackstar on August 09, 2016, 09:56:40 AM

It always shocks me Jack, but once in a while, you ARE wrong.  :-*

Taco Bell

Quote from: rekcuf on August 09, 2016, 03:53:32 PM
Her career isn't worth a rope of jism.

Man, you gotta get laid. So many posts about creamy man ropes and phone sex...

Quote from: Taco Bell on August 09, 2016, 05:22:54 PM
Man, you gotta get laid. So many posts about creamy man ropes and phone sex...

Are you available?

PS: I never said "creamy"...

AZZERAE

Quote from: VoteQuimby on August 09, 2016, 03:55:04 PM
Is she Noorying herself?

She's shamelessly inhabited Art's show, lined her pockets and gloated about it, mind you. She's pushy, insincere and sycophantic. She's overconfident and snarky.

I guess you could say she's Noorying herself... But somehow I think she's doing worse.