• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on May 11, 2016, 12:38:24 PM
Of course. Not sure I'm convinced.

heh heh, well, yeah, anyone would deny it, but i just thought i'd put that out there.

trostol

in the end...does it matter..from the looks of it she is over there posting to herself any way lol

Roswells, Art

I listened to about an hour of last night's show. I thought the guest was interesting but damn, the host wasn't. So many lost opportunities to ask good questions. The atmosphere of the whole show just brings me down. Contrast that with Amy's show, big difference. Putting aside the better interviewing technique, just the mood is lighter and more pleasant.

As an example of a missed opportunity, the guest was talking about pushing his seven year old niece on a swing and she was looking up and talking to something that wasn't there then wanted to leave the park because she was scared. A few questions came to my mind that could have been asked, like did you ask her what it was she was seeing, what did it look like, what was the unseen entity talking to her about, what made her scared? Heather just said, 'that's a little too young for seeing ghosts' or something like that then moved on. I'm not an interviewer but I would think they should be better at asking questions then I am.

norland2424

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 11, 2016, 04:41:58 PM
I listened to about an hour of last night's show. I thought the guest was interesting but damn, the host wasn't. So many lost opportunities to ask good questions. The atmosphere of the whole show just brings me down. Contrast that with Amy's show, big difference. Putting aside the better interviewing technique, just the mood is lighter and more pleasant.

As an example of a missed opportunity, the guest was talking about pushing his seven year old niece on a swing and she was looking up and talking to something that wasn't there then wanted to leave the park because she was scared. A few questions came to my mind that could have been asked, like did you ask her what it was she was seeing, what did it look like, what was the unseen entity talking to her about, what made her scared? Heather just said, 'that's a little too young for seeing ghosts' or something like that then moved on. I'm not an interviewer but I would think they should be better at asking questions then I am.

Did Heather really ask that noory like question?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: norland2424 on May 11, 2016, 05:18:52 PM
Did Heather really ask that noory like question?

Yes, and even she knows (I would think) that the general consensus if you believe in any of that crap is that children are more apt to see ghosts because they haven't learned that it's impossible yet. Maybe she wasn't really listening to the guest.

Roswells, Art

Also, the phonecalls, ug. She invited people to call in with their ghost stories so they did. She probably should have invited the callers to call in if they had questions for the guest. The two callers I listened to were mainly telling their ghost stories to Heather both the caller and host were pretty much ignoring the guest.

ge30542

Heather is amateur hour.

73s

Contrast that with Amy's show, big difference. Putting aside the better interviewing technique, just the mood is lighter and more pleasant.

I noticed it right away. There's an electricity with Amy that Heather doesn't possess. There's an enthusiasm and cheerfulness and also a sense that she doesn't take herself too seriously and is having fun. Heather seems more stiff, slow and plodding and clumsy, even after all these months. And does not seem to be having fun whatsoever.

QuoteI'm not an interviewer but I would think they should be better at asking questions then I am.

Yeah. It's frustrating. I was never anti-Heather and didn't know the whole backstory with the "interview" and the test show till very recently, the meltdowns, etc. I wanted her to succeed. But I get the sense she's not willing or able to change. Too bad.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 73s on May 11, 2016, 06:12:06 PM
And does not seem to be having fun whatsoever.

she is absolutely not having fun.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 11, 2016, 06:21:48 PM
That pervades the whole show.

yeah, people can and do sense this sort of stuff when listening to a talk show, regardless of any efforts to conceal it.

norland2424

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2016, 06:33:02 PM
yeah, people can and do sense this sort of stuff when listening to a talk show, regardless of any efforts to conceal it.

It also doesn't work doing 5 hours when your not Art bell.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: norland2424 on May 11, 2016, 06:36:50 PM

five hours might be fine if it's done for the right reasons, but i think there were ulterior motives in expanding this show to five.

venix

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2016, 06:40:50 PM
five hours might be fine if it's done for the right reasons, but i think there were ulterior motives in expanding this show to five.

Art and Heather

Roswells, Art

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2016, 06:33:02 PM

My recommendation for her is to quit and take a three month vacation on a tropical island and not think about broadcasting for two of those months. It might do wonders. I think they sell black swimming suits so she can still wear black. I think she should try pink or something for a change, just for those three months. If she still sounds miserable when she comes back then maybe hang it up.

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2016, 06:40:50 PM

Hostility toward Hoagie, more ad revenue, and increasing perceived value of an expanded show with the hope that more rubes will subscribe and keep the show alive?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on May 11, 2016, 06:50:32 PM
Hostility toward Hoagie, more ad revenue, and increasing perceived value of an expanded show with the hope that more rubes will subscribe and keep the show alive?

nope.  all of this is probably what they had in mind, but it's not the immediate reaction i had when i heard they were going to expand.  keep guessing?  heh heh

Ciardelo

Quote from: norland2424 on May 11, 2016, 06:36:50 PM
My favorite incarnation of Art was back when he was doing 5 hours a night, no sweat, no fuss, no muss.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Ciardelo on May 11, 2016, 07:00:51 PM
My favorite incarnation of Art was back when he was doing 5 hours a night, no sweat, no fuss, no muss.

Yeah man, he was doing five hours a night five nights a week then doing Dreamland one night a week I think then after he finished the five hours on Coast to Coast am he would go onto shortwave for awhile.

73s

Who misses the old Dreamland? I sure do. I loved that intro music and his line about "every bit as real as the air we breathe, but don't see".

bateman

Quote from: 73s on May 11, 2016, 07:18:11 PM
Who misses the old Dreamland? I sure do. I loved that intro music and his line about "every bit as real as the air we breathe, but don't see".

I liked it better than Coast. Tighter format.

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2016, 06:54:10 PM
nope.  all of this is probably what they had in mind, but it's not the immediate reaction i had when i heard they were going to expand.  keep guessing?  heh heh

How about a lap dance instead?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 73s on May 11, 2016, 07:18:11 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGTAR3ODSE

bateman

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2016, 06:54:10 PM

Well it certainly wasn't because anyone asked for it.

Quote from: MV on May 11, 2016, 07:27:36 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGTAR3ODSE

That song brings back some great memories.

73s

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on May 11, 2016, 07:29:22 PM
That song brings back some great memories.

For some reason I always felt like Ramona was the inspiration for that show. I don't know if I heard him say that or it just struck me that way.