• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

SciFiAuthor

Pall Mall's are back in style. They're cheap, but better than the other cheap brands.

Belles

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 23, 2018, 11:46:39 PM
While I like the McRib, I resent McDonald's for introducing it to us, and then periodically taking it away FOR YEARS. Then there was the Szechuan sauce affair. The McDonald's menu is a cruel, fickle bitch of a mistress indeed.

They came out with chicken strips sometime around last August. They were the best chicken strips I've ever eaten. About a month later they stopped selling chicken strips. When I asked they said they were changing suppliers. The newest ones suck.

GravitySucks

Any chance your subconscious saw the pack of Pall Malls on your way in?

Quote from: chefist on May 23, 2018, 11:50:08 PM
Yup...my pop was a pipe smoker too (no dirty jokes)...that's old school...citronella candles and  kerosene lanterns...

smoking jacket, no pants.

Bluejay

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 23, 2018, 11:46:39 PM
While I like the McRib, I resent McDonald's for introducing it to us, and then periodically taking it away FOR YEARS. Then there was the Szechuan sauce affair. The McDonald's menu is a cruel, fickle bitch of a mistress indeed.

I loved PT Cruisers for the same reason, Dave.
Never got one though.

Sean92008

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 23, 2018, 11:46:21 PM
i watched Lawrence Welk with my grandma, im only 33.

I watched with my kids.  Maybe that was the gateway for Mormonism into America.

(I'm not old, just limited the types of TV into our house, no cable, etc.). 

PT Cruisers suck!

timebandit

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 23, 2018, 11:25:24 PM
It never shows when you try to 'Preview' it. Post it and it should work.

right, tried that. I'll keep experimenting

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Belles on May 23, 2018, 11:50:30 PM
They came out with chicken strips sometime around last August. They were the best chicken strips I've ever eaten. About a month later they stopped selling chicken strips. When I asked they said they were changing suppliers. The newest ones suck.

Yeah, and McNuggets aren't what they used to be. Used to be good, but now sort of spongy.

Dr. MD MD

Purple PT Cruiser?! Another check in the con column.  ::) ;D

Falkie only sees Newport cigarettes.

Kolchak

Ever since Pall Mall stopped being able to advertise on radio and television, everyone began mispronouncing their brand uncorrected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr4duBBcCpA

painter17

theres also a lot of people named john

Quote from: Kolchak on May 23, 2018, 11:52:27 PM
Ever since Pall Mall stopped being able to advertise on radio and television, everyone began mispronouncing their brand uncorrected.

"greater length is only half the story"

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Kolchak on May 23, 2018, 11:52:27 PM

I've been smoking those for 15 years when Marlboro Light got too pricey and never knew that.

chefist

I'm skeptical of most orb pictures too but there have been a few that must muster.  Usually the best ones are the ones captured on videos not still pictures.

69CheckMate

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 23, 2018, 11:49:07 PM
That's not funny. When all the other kids were playing guitar and starting garage bands I was stuck in a chair practicing my squeeze box.

Now I picture you as Drew Carey
😃

albrecht

Quote from: painter17 on May 23, 2018, 11:52:58 PM
theres also a lot of people named john
Pall Mall, maybe the Brit commies can chime in? Is the famous street in London pronouced like the cigs? Or both/either mispronouced?

>he doesn't believe in orbs

Belles

My ex mother-in-law , whom I love dearly, smoked unfiltered Pall Malls til she quite smoking 30 odd years ago.

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 23, 2018, 11:49:07 PM
That's not funny. When all the other kids were playing guitar and starting garage bands I was stuck in a chair practicing my squeeze box.

I love squeeze boxes myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYgRYlhMW4

painter17

Jim Harold's podcast is a good one, I've been listening for a few years now

Aquarius

G'night all, time to get to sleep, thanks for the chat... and please stop vaping and smoking! <g>

albrecht

Quote from: painter17 on May 24, 2018, 12:02:47 AM
Jim Harold's podcast is a good one, I've been listening for a few years now
Agree.