• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20151110 - Jim Elvidge - Digital Simulated Reality - Live Show Chat Thread

Started by jazmunda, November 10, 2015, 04:40:50 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Juan Cena on November 11, 2015, 01:48:11 AM
I've pretty much given out with trying to call into RCH. It seems his knowledge of both science and SF both ended some time in the late 60's/early 70's

He's badly outdated, there's no question. It's like he stopped reading sci fi and keeping up on science in 1972. He actually brought up the steady state universe idea recently.

http://www.eoht.info/page/Human+molecule

QuoteIt is often a neglected fact that humans are molecules that walk, run, and sometimes fly, on or above a 'surface', which from a chemical-definitions sense can be defined as either substrate or catalyst, depending on the context of discussion, which varies depending on subject mode: surface chemistry, surface physics, or surface thermodynamics. In this perspective, an intuitive way to better come to understand human behavior (movement and reactions) is to use the conception or reality that humans are 'walking molecules' on a surface and, using this perspective, study the behaviors and operation of smaller nano-size 'walking molecules'. The first operational walking molecules were developed in 2005 by German-born American physical chemist Ludwig Bartels at the University of California Riverside designed a molecule, called 9,10-dithioanthracene (DTA), that can walk in a straight line on a flat surface, like a little person.

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 01:49:03 AM
Good question, though.  (By "Dick" I'm assuming you mean Hoagland?  I'm SO out of that loop)

Richard and Dick now refer to Dave Noorie since someone discovered a CBS article calling him Richard Noory.  Just sayin'.

maren

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on November 11, 2015, 01:48:25 AM
Dumb caller.  Everyone knows thunder is God bowling.

Don't mean to impugn you, but I was raised Catholic and I know the real truth.  It's the ANGELS bowling.  Good plays pool.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 01:50:41 AM
Don't mean to impugn you, but I was raised Catholic and I know the real truth.  It's the ANGELS bowling.  God plays pool.
God also plays chess, checkers and Michigan rummy.

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 01:50:41 AM
Don't mean to impugn you, but I was raised Catholic and I know the real truth.  It's the ANGELS bowling.  Good plays pool.

How many bowling pins can you fit on the head of an angel?

maren

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 11, 2015, 01:50:06 AM
Richard and Dick now refer to Dave Noorie since someone discovered a CBS article calling him Richard Noory.  Just sayin'.

Oh, yeah - I think that's coming back to me.  Hard to keep up with all of his names!   ;D

Juan Cena

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 11, 2015, 01:49:34 AM
He's badly outdated, there's no question. It's like he stopped reading sci fi and keeping up on science in 1972. He actually brought up the steady state universe idea recently.

I guess he only discusses the Big Bang Theory with Robin.

maren

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on November 11, 2015, 01:51:54 AM
God also plays chess, checkers and Michigan rummy.

Yeah, but he's just so-so at those (although I've heard everybody lets him win).  I think he legitimately runs the table when it comes to pool, though.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: maren on November 11, 2015, 01:54:58 AM
Yeah, but he's just so-so at those (although I've heard everybody lets him win).  I think he legitimately runs the table when it comes to pool, though.
::)