• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

ShayP

Just checked out his site.  All of the art is still there.  Even my favorite.  ;D

Quote from: ShayP on May 02, 2016, 03:47:54 PM
Just checked out his site.  All of the art is still there.  Even my favorite.  ;D

Hoagie Priest?

triola

Well in any case, RCH may have made the right move. Considering Fred Lundgren's business background, track record and ideological 'fit' with Hoagy's viewpoint, he may well have found a 'home' and a better chance of success than on DMRN, if he doesn't fuck it up.

http://www.kcaaradio.com/Lundgren.html

If you don't want load a player, google analytics, tunein, ad-tracking, beacons, multiple third-party html and js bloat, this is the direct link to the live stream:

http://stream.kcaastreaming.com:8000/kcaa.mp3

ShayP

Quote from: triola on May 02, 2016, 03:59:02 PM
If you don't want load a player, google analytics, tunein, ad-tracking, beacons, multiple third-party html and js bloat, this is the direct link to the live stream:

http://stream.kcaastreaming.com:8000/kcaa.mp3

8) Thanks!

Morgus

Quote from: expat on May 02, 2016, 08:26:53 AM
Not only that, www.enterprisemission.com has gone tits up too. RCH too poor to pay his annual domain name fee?

Funny -- according to whois it's good through Dec 2017.
Ah, I recall Keith Rowland was RCH's webmaster for the enterprisemission.com site all these years, Hoagie called him "Scotty"
Maybe that relationship is now terminated too?

zeebo

Quote from: triola on May 02, 2016, 03:59:02 PM
...If you don't want load a player, google analytics, tunein, ad-tracking, beacons, multiple third-party html and js bloat, this is the direct link to the live stream

aw I love that stuff, but ok thanks  ;)

Ciardelo

Quote from: ShayP on May 02, 2016, 03:40:43 PM
LOL!  ...an RT original.  I'm surprised Hoagie shows anything with 'braaps' on it since he hates BellGab and those who once gave him some respect. :(
We're not perfect around here but he really shouldn't have dissed us like that.

GravitySucks

Quote from: VoteQuimby on July 21, 2015, 01:58:23 AM
This show is madness. Between the technical screw ups, weird spacey music and RCH going on weird 5-10 minute rants without letting his guest get a word is just madness. It's strangely soothing but absolute madness.

Some things will never change.

expat

It's a muzo from Cardiff tonight, to inaugurate the New Deal. Wonder what they'll talk about...

Ohhh, silly me. Of course they'll talk about Hoagland's GREAT FRIENDSHIPS with Cronkite, Clarke, Sagan, Azimov....

Faustina

Who is the guest on tonight's show?  I see none listed on his new website.  Nor do I see anywhere on his new site where it says that the show is now on KCAA 1050.  Hmmmmm.....

Morgus

The only place with updated info listing tonight's planned guest appears to be  the OSOM facebook page:

*******************Leo Lyons on Other Side of Midnight - 5/3/16 *****************
Born in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire in November 1943, Leo became a professional musician at the age of 16 and as a founding member of the band Ten Years After, has been an on-stage eyewitness to some of the most pivotal moments in Rock and Roll history. He has produced records for UFO, Magnum, Waysted, Procol Harem, Frankie Miller, Richard and Linda Thompson, Brigitte St John, John Martin, Kevin Coyne, Sassafras, MotorHead, Hatfield and The North, The Bogie Boys, The Winkies,Chris Farlowe, Chevy and many more. Leo continues to write for tv and film and performs around the world. Leo’s interests outside music include the paranormal, alternative medicine, martial arts and all new technology. He is a vegetarian, married with two grown up sons and currently resides in Cardiff, Wales.

norland2424

Quote from: Faustina on May 02, 2016, 08:30:50 PM
Who is the guest on tonight's show?  I see none listed on his new website.  Nor do I see anywhere on his new site where it says that the show is now on KCAA 1050.  Hmmmmm.....

His new site was just a copy of the old one, he said it would be updated this week.

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on May 02, 2016, 08:31:29 PM
The only place with updated info listing tonight's planned guest appears to be  the OSOM facebook page:

*******************Leo Lyons on Other Side of Midnight - 5/3/16 *****************
Born in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire in November 1943, Leo became a professional musician at the age of 16 and as a founding member of the band Ten Years After, has been an on-stage eyewitness to some of the most pivotal moments in Rock and Roll history. He has produced records for UFO, Magnum, Waysted, Procol Harem, Frankie Miller, Richard and Linda Thompson, Brigitte St John, John Martin, Kevin Coyne, Sassafras, MotorHead, Hatfield and The North, The Bogie Boys, The Winkies,Chris Farlowe, Chevy and many more. Leo continues to write for tv and film and performs around the world. Leo’s interests outside music include the paranormal, alternative medicine, martial arts and all new technology. He is a vegetarian, married with two grown up sons and currently resides in Cardiff, Wales.
Thanks. I hope to hear some good stories about Lemmy etc (if I can find a place that is playing it.) I was hoping that the guest would've been a producer for "FOCUS." Would love to hear RCH imitate the odd vocal stylings in their works like Hocus Pocus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDW9b_ejfI

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on May 02, 2016, 08:31:29 PM

:o  That looks incredibly interesting!  I figured Hoagie would roll out his usual cast of apple polishers to christen his new surroundings.  Dammit all.  I may have to listen even though I am not up for it.  :-\

Quote from: bateman on May 02, 2016, 08:39:12 PM
I predict tonight's show will be braaptastic.

Translation: more bullshit. (From a "scientific" person without a college degree) Wooo!

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on May 02, 2016, 08:35:51 PM
Thanks. I hope to hear some good stories about Lemmy etc (if I can find a place that is playing it.) I was hoping that the guest would've been a producer for "FOCUS." Would love to hear RCH imitate the odd vocal stylings in their works like Hocus Pocus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDW9b_ejfI

Sooo that's who does that song?   ???  I have to watch/listen again.  8)

trostol

Quote from: bateman on May 02, 2016, 08:39:12 PM
I predict tonight's show will be braaptastic.

i predict something will happen for it not to work at all lol

Faustina

Quote from: brig on May 02, 2016, 11:11:27 AM
My advice to Hoagie would have been to broadcast from UFOship.com   and put a donate button on his website.

I was sort of hoping he'd land on the Deep Talk Network.  It certainly would have been a lot cheaper.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on May 02, 2016, 11:11:27 AM
My advice to Hoagie would have been to broadcast from UFOship.com

i would have loved to make that happen.

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on May 02, 2016, 08:43:54 PM
Sooo that's who does that song?   ???  I have to watch/listen again.  8)
Head guy, Thijs van Leer, is still around and an accomplished flaustist and organ player in addition with his yodeling and vocal range. An amazing sound with one of the better guitar riffs in history and than oddly combined with yodeling, flute, whistling, and singing range? Something special and in a time that cannot likely be repeated or be popular now.

Catsmile

Quote from: MV on May 02, 2016, 08:50:16 PM
i would have loved to make that happen.

His ego will blow it all sky high. It's in the data.

I'm sure you can be his next producer, if you want to cup his nuts with warm hands, and deal with his tantrums. Maybe even have to change his diapers. Careful what you wish for...

Lilith

Quote from: Catsmile on May 02, 2016, 09:06:15 PM
His ego will blow it all sky high. It's in the data.

I'm sure you can be his next producer, if you want to cup his nuts with warm hands, and deal with his tantrums. Maybe even have to change his diapers. Careful what you wish for...

Sure, but it would probably be one heck of a ride while it lasted.  Probably one that ONLY MV could handle.

Praise MV!

bateman

Quote from: brig on May 02, 2016, 09:08:20 PM
Sure, but it would probably be one heck of a ride while it lasted.  Probably one that ONLY MV could handle.

Praise MV!

His hands are very warm.