• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

ShayP

When I hear the Robert Goulet portion of the network's commercial, it only makes me want Watergate Salad so much more.

comaphobe

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 24, 2017, 11:13:37 PM
Oh good!  I've been busy and haven't had much time for listening to shows lately.  Relaxing with a beer right now.  How ya doing?

Tonight is laundry and domestication stuff. Have to work in 4.5 hours and just got home from that hole 2 hours ago. 

comaphobe

Quote from: Nobody on June 24, 2017, 11:23:37 PM
Only a radio show host as inept as Hoagland would ever try to claim that his programme "doesn't quite work" without pictures.  ::)

Real radio hosts have the ability to describe things.

One time in May or June 2008 Ian Punnett kicked a guest off after one segment and explained that if a radio host can not wing a 3.5 hour show off the cuff then maybe they are in the wrong business. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was awesome, especially after kicking the guest who wanted to answer no questions at all and insisted listeners buy his book to find out where his mind was at. An unknown pompous asshole of a guest got the boot and I am sure the show improved greatly.

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on June 25, 2017, 12:00:12 AM
Is this bumper Krokus?  :o

Such ecclectic bumper choices this time around.  What was that last one, Traffic?

comaphobe

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on June 24, 2017, 11:13:32 PM
wow is this guest boring, sounds very effeminate as well.

I don't mind the guest as much as the auto-corrects from RCH which cause speedbumps.

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on June 25, 2017, 12:02:32 AM
Such ecclectic bumper choices this time around.  What was that last one, Traffic?

I think so.  I actually enjoy the variety, however I still miss the old weird spaced out stuff from time to time.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on June 24, 2017, 11:54:20 PM
Every now and then, science jumps the gun and accepts theories a little too quick.  They would have you believe that the earth is not flat, if you listened to them.

There's probably just as many cases of them not accepting new theories soon enough.  ;)

ShayP

Okay.  I stepped away.  Who's this guy Hoagie's speaking to?

zeebo

Quote from: ShayP on June 25, 2017, 12:08:13 AM

I think it's Brandenburg, the "Nukes on Mars" guy.  Have no idea what he's doing here and I don't think Hoagie's other guest does either.

CozyRozie

Quote from: comaphobe on June 25, 2017, 12:02:15 AM
One time in May or June 2008 Ian Punnett kicked a guest off after one segment and explained that if a radio host can not wing a 3.5 hour show off the cuff then maybe they are in the wrong business. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was awesome, especially after kicking the guest who wanted to answer no questions at all and insisted listeners buy his book to find out where his mind was at. An unknown pompous asshole of a guest got the boot and I am sure the show improved greatly.

I remember that show, it was a blast

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on June 25, 2017, 12:09:35 AM
I think it's Brandenburg, the "Nukes on Mars" guy.  Have no idea what he's doing here and I don't think Hoagie's other guest does either.

LOL!  Par for the course.

comaphobe

Quote from: ShayP on June 25, 2017, 12:08:13 AM

It's the Area51 Guy's dad.

comaphobe

<transcript>

"The great and terrible....

First.

Martian.

War."

</transcript>

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on June 25, 2017, 12:09:35 AM

John is definitely not a good story teller, lol.

ShayP

ShayP

WOTR

Join club 19.5. Follow me on Facebook, but my music.  Lots of requests for me to act crammed into 10 of 15 seconds...

Who is the guy promoting Hoaggie (while promoting himself?)

zeebo

Hoagie's got a soft spot for those folksy girl ballads. 

WOTR

Quote from: ShayP on June 25, 2017, 12:19:48 AM
Mike Spent's promo is still awful.  Kinda like him.
That must be my answer... Thanks.  Time to look him up.

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on June 25, 2017, 12:21:07 AM
Join club 19.5. Follow me on Facebook, but my music.  Lots of requests for me to act crammed into 10 of 15 seconds...

Who is the guy promoting Hoaggie (while promoting himself?)

All you need to know is he's cool, because he says so, and if you wanna be cool like him just follow along bro.