• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

JesusJuice

Quote from: trostol on March 05, 2016, 02:37:45 AM
sorry..your wrong on that..there is a huge difference in the guest quality between Ross, Scotty and M...

You're letting your imaginary friendship with Ross cloud your judgement.

akwilly

Did I just hear her say that we should put people in microwaves?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 05, 2016, 02:36:10 AM

The show is pretty much now the way it was in the beginning. There's no difference between Miss M and Ross producing. If you didn't know the producer's name you wouldn't even know there was a difference.

It's just the middle period where Scott was producing that was trainwreck material. He was so incompetent that he nearly tanked the show by himself.

No. Things have changed. The show ostensibly started as a scientific examination of the paranormal but since the new year has become a show about new age healing charlatans and politics.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 05, 2016, 02:36:10 AM

The show is pretty much now the way it was in the beginning. There's no difference between Miss M and Ross producing. If you didn't know the producer's name you wouldn't even know there was a difference.

You're deliberately avoiding the period where the show was actually good and why that was. Don't be disingenuous. It started out sucking, then didn't, and then has sucked ass since. All of that is concurrent with the point that Ross started producing and quit.

It's just the middle period where Scott was producing that was trainwreck material. He was so incompetent that he nearly tanked the show by himself.

Well, what's so good about what we're listening to now under Ms. M.? Hoagland often isn't even showing up to broadcast.

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on March 05, 2016, 02:36:12 AM
So far the best part of this show is that link trostol posted, pure entertainment there.

For me, the bellgabbers posts are usually the best half of MITD and/or OSOM.  Once in a while there's a guest I really enjoy on both of the shows, but more often on OSOM.  Just speaking for myself.

JesusJuice

Ross was so great at getting guests that he had Keith Laney six times during his time. Much of Producer Ross' period were guests talking about pictures of rocks on Mars and Pluto with the occasional has been actor.

trostol

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 05, 2016, 02:38:55 AM

You're letting your imaginary friendship with Ross cloud your judgement.

nope...look at the facts of the guests Ross had on compared to what is on since he left...and to be frank..i just got here only months before both shows came on so i am as ..close to uninfluenced as there is..no one has gottne the quality the likes of one of the Lone Gunman..someone from Star Trek..he got guests that were not in Dick's realm of comfortability which made him a better interviewer...now he is just as crazy as he ever was on C2C

Dyna-X

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 05, 2016, 02:39:42 AM
No. Things have changed. The show ostensibly started as a scientific examination of the paranormal but since the new year has become a show about new age healing charlatans and politics.

I'm seeing that on the increase as well.  I can't say Hoagie was ever really science, but when he put up a nice facade of that and asked some good questions it made for some good shows.

Dr. MD MD

Ok, I'm really unplugging myself from this cosmic light socket now. Goodnight, everyone.  :D

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 05, 2016, 02:44:10 AM
Ross was so great at getting guests that he had Keith Laney six times during his time. Much of Producer Ross' period were guests talking about pictures of rocks on Mars and Pluto with the occasional has been actor.

Where are the good guests now?

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 05, 2016, 02:45:41 AM
Ok, I'm really unplugging myself from this cosmic light socket now. Goodnight, everyone.  :D

later

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dyna-X on March 05, 2016, 02:45:29 AM
I'm seeing that on the increase as well.  I can't say Hoagie was ever really science, but when he put up a nice facade of that and asked some good questions it made for some good shows.

Agree.

Lilith

I think my favorite all time guest so far, was Tim Wallace Murphy.

JesusJuice

Quote from: trostol on March 05, 2016, 02:44:46 AM
nope...look at the facts of the guests Ross had on compared to what is on since he left...and to be frank..i just got here only months before both shows came on so i am as ..close to uninfluenced as there is..no one has gottne the quality the likes of one of the Lone Gunman..someone from Star Trek..he got guests that were not in Dick's realm of comfortability which made him a better interviewer...now he is just as crazy as he ever was on C2C

C list actors from long ago cancelled tv shows aren't great quality guests.

"now he is just as crazy as he ever was on C2C". That was his whole appeal to begin with.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 05, 2016, 02:47:45 AM

"now he is just as crazy as he ever was on C2C". That was his whole appeal to begin with.

And that's worse than the shit we're listening to now?

trostol

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 05, 2016, 02:47:45 AM

C list actors or not..they were far better then the shit that is on right at this moment lol..it was fun..entertaining..now its cringe worthy let me turn the stream off and look for something else to do

JesusJuice

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 05, 2016, 02:49:13 AM
And that's worse than the shit we're listening to now?

No I said the quality of guests under Ross and Miss M are the same.

=Schlyder=

what the fuck is this?  show guests/topics have been sucking balls lately.  What the hell is the problem?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: JesusJuice on March 05, 2016, 02:50:25 AM

No I said the quality of guests under Ross and Miss M are the same.

Well, which guest under Miss M equals a C grade Hollywood actor? As far as I've heard, the show sucks ass only a little bit less than when MmmmKay was winging it. Where is the interest? I haven't been interested and have been falling asleep, you've been bitching and not around every night either, so tell me where the improvement was?

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 05, 2016, 02:39:42 AM
... since the new year has become a show about new age healing charlatans and politics.

we're slipping into nooryesque c2c  :(

Dyna-X

=Schlyder=

LOL turned off the show ... listening to an old C2C with Art and guest RCH and David Wilcock