• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: Dyna-X Ⓤ on April 24, 2017, 09:10:54 AM
Ditto. He's bound to have another UFO guest soon by the law of averages.
Let's hope so.  I'm not going to be thrilled if Knapp joins the Wallach Tangy Tangerine mafia.

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on April 24, 2017, 08:13:24 AM
Sorry, Neb.  I was of the same opinion as our favorite squirrel and conked-out early.  I'm pretty much an Area 51, aliens, and UFO Knapper of the non-Blink 182 variety.

Agreed!

albrecht

Just started on the latest Knapp show. I liked Knapp calling out callers, in advance. "Bring your A game. Say it out loud first. Tonight is not the night for a story about the time your Uncle Buck saw a UFO behind the barn." Ouch. Hint: "Annie, Corny, Jeff, Bill(s,) etc don't call in tonight.

yumyumtree

Looks like I'll be staying up late again tonight.  Tonight's show sounds like the kind of thing I like.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on April 25, 2017, 02:18:34 PM
Just started on the latest Knapp show. I liked Knapp calling out callers, in advance. "Bring your A game. Say it out loud first. Tonight is not the night for a story about the time your Uncle Buck saw a UFO behind the barn." Ouch. Hint: "Annie, Corny, Jeff, Bill(s,) etc don't call in tonight.

One of the reasons we love Knapp.  ;D

ShayP

Quote from: yumyumtree on April 30, 2017, 04:32:19 PM
Looks like I'll be staying up late again tonight.  Tonight's show sounds like the kind of thing I like.

First Half: Paul Fronczak discovered via a DNA test that he is not who he thought he wasâ€" and set out to solve two fifty-year-old mysteries at once. He joins George Knapp for an update on his story and to discuss how along the way he upturned the genealogy industry, unearthed his family’s deepest secrets, and broke open the second longest cold-case in US history, all in a desperate bid to find out who he really is.

Second Half: In 1986, a shy and intelligent twenty-year-old named Christopher Knight left his home in Massachusetts, drove to Maine, and disappeared into the forest. He would not have a conversation with another human being until nearly three decades later, when he was arrested for stealing food. Based on extensive interviews with Knight himself, journalist Michael Finkel will discuss his secluded life as well as the challenges he has faced since returning to the "real" world.

I think I heard the Fronczak guy a while back.  I can't remember when.  I do remember being skeptical of his story.  :-\   I just read an article about the second guest.  Maybe a week or so ago.  Hmmm.... I need to listen tonight.   8)

Morgus

Quote from: ShayP on April 30, 2017, 05:25:41 PM
I think I heard the Fronczak guy a while back.  I can't remember when.  I do remember being skeptical of his story.  :-\   I just read an article about the second guest.  Maybe a week or so ago.  Hmmm.... I need to listen tonight.   8)
Yep, Knapp had that guy on at least a couple times before, a few years back, so this is an update on his story.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Morgus on April 30, 2017, 05:28:50 PM
Yep, Knapp had that guy on at least a couple times before, a few years back, so this is an update on his story.

Here is the original GQ article on Christopher Knight.

http://www.gq.com/story/the-last-true-hermit

TigerLily

Hope everyone has a Knice Knapp Knight

starrmtn001

Hey, Knappsters, where the heck are ya? ???  It's show time! :-* ;D

zeebo

Hello, are we in the right place at the right time?  What's hapeneen?

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on April 30, 2017, 11:07:01 PM
Hope everyone has a Knice Knapp Knight
Hey there, Sister TigerLily! :-*

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on April 30, 2017, 11:09:33 PM
Hello, are we in right place at the right time?  What's hapeneen?
Hello, Zeebo! ;D

zeebo

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on April 30, 2017, 11:10:21 PM
Hello, Zeebo! ;D

Hey Starr, looks like we're back on track after a rare Knapp speed bump.  Enjoy the show all.   8)

ShayP

Hello TL, Starr, and zeebo!!!! Seems it's been a while.  Cheers!  8)...as usual.  ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: ShayP on April 30, 2017, 11:12:27 PM
Hello TL, Starr, and zeebo!!!! Seems it's been a while.  Cheers!  8)...as usual.  ;)
ShayP!  How ya been?  Good to see you again. ;D

ShayP

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on April 30, 2017, 11:13:54 PM
ShayP!  How ya been?  Good to see you again. ;D

I'm pretty good.  It's nice to see you as well.  :)

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on April 30, 2017, 11:11:13 PM
Hey Starr, looks like we're back on track after a rare Knapp speed bump.  Enjoy the show all.   8)
Right you are. ;)

Knapp has another great line up for tonight.  I'll do my best to stay up for the whole show.

ShayP

I'll put this out here now.  Not sure how you all feel about the hermit guy.  I don't have any sympathy for him.  I understand what it's like to want to get away and maybe leave it all behind.  Quite frankly I just think he's a petty thief.  I read the article GS posted.  The writer seemed to like the guy.  Me...no.  I think the guy had this fantasy and lived it at the expense of his own sanity and other people's property.  A real hermit would live off the land.  Just my 2 cents.  ;)

After hearing the segment I may change my view somewhat.  We shall see.

ShayP

Knapp is having a tough time with the tech tonight.  :o 

starrmtn001

Quote from: ShayP on April 30, 2017, 11:19:58 PM
I'll put this out here now.  Not sure how you all feel about the hermit guy.  I don't have any sympathy for him.  I understand what it's like to want to get away and maybe leave it all behind.  Quite frankly I just think he's a petty thief.  I read the article GS posted.  The writer seemed to like the guy.  Me...no.  I think the guy had this fantasy and lived it at the expense of his own sanity and other people's property.  A real hermit would live off the land.  Just my 2 cents.  ;)

After hearing the segment I may change my view somewhat.  We shall see.
I've never heard this story before, at least I don't remember it.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ShayP on April 30, 2017, 11:22:16 PM
Knapp is having a tough time with the tech tonight.  :o
Seems to be going around.  wonder whether it has anything to do with the "outages" in California, New York, and Canada. :o

ShayP

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on April 30, 2017, 11:22:48 PM
I've never heard this story before, at least I don't remember it.

Well you're gonna hear it tonight; provided you stay awake.  ;D ;)

I should talk.  :-[  ;D

ShayP

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on April 30, 2017, 11:25:20 PM
Seems to be going around.  wonder whether it has anything to do with the "outages" in California, New York, and Canada. :o

Hmmm....are we still getting those solar flares? I read something about it a few days ago.  They were supposed to be very strong.  Should we call Ed Dames?  ;D

zeebo

Story's new to me too, but I shall consider Shay's view on it as I give it a listen.   :)

starrmtn001

Quote from: ShayP on April 30, 2017, 11:25:28 PM
Well you're gonna hear it tonight; provided you stay awake.  ;D ;)

I should talk.  :-[  ;D
Lol, um yep. ;) ;D

ShayP

The store he is referring to:

starrmtn001

Quote from: ShayP on April 30, 2017, 11:26:50 PM
Hmmm....are we still getting those solar flares? I read something about it a few days ago.  They were supposed to be very strong.  Should we call Ed Dames?  ;D
You're right. 

Shot across the bow?  Maybe we should. :o   ;D

TigerLily

Unlike Garbo, I'm happy to see all the Knappstars. A special aloha to Shay. Yes, seems like a long time