• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 11, 2016, 06:31:14 PM
Sorry dude. All of your thoughts are property of Vandevan Enterprises. Don't ever post a picture of your wife.

I was wondering if anybody was going to say that.  Just don't mention it outside of this thread.  What MV doesn't know can't hurt him.  Got that?

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 11, 2016, 07:11:03 PM
LOL.  Yes, you are quite right!   ;D Also, nobody caught my gaffe in the post you quoted from  me.  Twelve Angry Men not Seven Angry Men.  I'm afraid everybody failed the test.  Yeah, that's the ticket!  LOL.

Gaffe, sir?  I see none quoted.  You correctly stated twelve and twelve was correctly quoted.

What is this "seven" of which you speak?

Heh.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 11, 2016, 07:20:23 PM
Gaffe, sir?  I see none quoted.  You correctly stated twelve and twelve was correctly quoted.

What is this "seven" of which you speak?

Heh.

I have no idea what you are talking about!  Did someone say seven? Not me!!!  LOL

analog kid

Wayward Pines I hadn't heard of it. It was recommended somewhere and so far it's very interesting. If you're looking for a mystery/suspense show like 11.22.63, this is recommended. A Secret Service agent has a car accident in nowhere Idaho and wakes up in a hospital room, where things are weird and keep getting weirder the more he learns. The less you know about it going in the better (some of the TV show's cover art gives away a huge spoiler), and as with most shows, you can watch it on Putlocker.

Chine

21st... It's so enjoyable to write on film if you're a cinephile and appreciate filmmaking.

The upside is that film companies, filmmakers are flocking to bloggers for the PR. Film companies follow these bloggers, film writers and want their voices. Of course your Hollywood Reporter, Vanity Fair ate primary. When I was hired to write on film and review for our city's online magazine, I was being read and followed by Miramax and others. Film directors too and sharing.

But the pay came from my editor receiving ad space revenue I brought in. It wasn't much. Maybe a nice dinner out. It was exhilarating and exhausting. During the Oscars, I saw every film nominated in various categories. Watch it one night and have to formulate a decent article the next day. Filmmakers and Film Co's will send you screeners if they like your work and the hits you bring in on the site. How many shares generated on social media. I was doing extremely well on that end. Many of my pieces on film for their national release got lots of readers. But sometimes you need to digest the film, what element do I want as primary focus to begin? , research etc to bring into it.

My full time gig that brings in my main money was suffering. It boils down to priorities and rationing energy for a small paying gig. I still am certain you could do it beautifully because you knock out smart reviews here on the thread with such ease. Concise, articulate and crafted so spot on.

Ciardelo

Quote from: analog kid on May 12, 2016, 08:10:17 AM
Wayward Pines I hadn't heard of it. It was recommended somewhere and so far it's very interesting. If you're looking for a mystery/suspense show like 11.22.63, this is recommended. A Secret Service agent has a car accident in nowhere Idaho and wakes up in a hospital room, where things are weird and keep getting weirder the more he learns. The less you know about it going in the better (some of the TV show's cover art gives away a huge spoiler), and as with most shows, you can watch it on Putlocker.
Yeah, I watched it when it was broadcast. One BIG warning! Stay away from the IMDB board unless you want the show spoiled! Seriously, even the thread titles have spoilers. Just watch it with "fresh eyes" and enjoy  :D

Quote from: Chine on May 12, 2016, 01:09:27 PM
21st... It's so enjoyable to write on film if you're a cinephile and appreciate filmmaking.

The upside is that film companies, filmmakers are flocking to bloggers for the PR. Film companies follow these bloggers, film writers and want their voices. Of course your Hollywood Reporter, Vanity Fair ate primary. When I was hired to write on film and review for our city's online magazine, I was being read and followed by Miramax and others. Film directors too and sharing.

But the pay came from my editor receiving ad space revenue I brought in. It wasn't much. Maybe a nice dinner out. It was exhilarating and exhausting. During the Oscars, I saw every film nominated in various categories. Watch it one night and have to formulate a decent article the next day. Filmmakers and Film Co's will send you screeners if they like your work and the hits you bring in on the site. How many shares generated on social media. I was doing extremely well on that end. Many of my pieces on film for their national release got lots of readers. But sometimes you need to digest the film, what element do I want as primary focus to begin? , research etc to bring into it.

My full time gig that brings in my main money was suffering. It boils down to priorities and rationing energy for a small paying gig. I still am certain you could do it beautifully because you knock out smart reviews here on the thread with such ease. Concise, articulate and crafted so spot on.

Thank you for your kind words,  Chine. :D  I may decide to do it if for nothing else than to get free movies on dvd, blu-ray, or download. 

analog kid

Quote from: Ciardelo on May 12, 2016, 02:08:06 PM
Yeah, I watched it when it was broadcast. One BIG warning! Stay away from the IMDB board unless you want the show spoiled! Seriously, even the thread titles have spoilers. Just watch it with "fresh eyes" and enjoy  :D

Absolutely. I made that mistake. I don't even think one should look at the different poster art. Because right around episode 3 or 4, the plot changes into a much bigger picture, and some of the cover art spoils it.

akwilly

I am watching The Fifth Wave. Started out decent but pretty much sucks. A poor example of a movie that tried to gain the teenage crowd. I blame the success of Twilight for the crap that they keep putting out

Quote from: analog kid on May 13, 2016, 03:46:26 AM
Absolutely. I made that mistake. I don't even think one should look at the different poster art. Because right around episode 3 or 4, the plot changes into a much bigger picture, and some of the cover art spoils it.

Yeah.  That's very annoying and bizarre.

Society will one day reach critical mass, to the point that as soon as any infant emerges from the void, the first thing it will see is a screen monitor displaying a damned snow sled with - - - E - - - printed on it.  (I won't even spoil that.)

My father is King Spoiler and a skilled TV/film addict.

Recently, I made the mistake of mentioning that I was watching a Showtime or HBO series that ended a while back, and he immediately piped up, "They killed that guy, you know."

WHAT

THE

HELL

DAD

If I am really into something, I have to unplug from the internet's virtual madness, and if he asks, tell dear old dad I'm holed up watching The Night Stalker and not mention the actual unseen series or movie at hand.

Kolchak is a solid and powerful distraction that is able to send him on a tangent.

Kolchak is Strong Medicine.  Big Smoke. 

He is the Sun that burns the mountains, Ke-mo sah-bee, and laughs at your silver bullets.

GaborSweden

;D ;D ::)
I saying good night and good morning happy  Usa.
Here I coming whit my bike in youtube. We're are my happy pancakes.
Are 16 small record vidoes on is play list
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt2DLqHRiEA&list=PLCA9F3A13A959AFE8

Quote from: GaborSweden on May 13, 2016, 08:00:32 PM
Here I coming whit my bike in youtube. We're are my happy pancakes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt2DLqHRiEA&list=PLCA9F3A13A959AFE8

Good night, Sweden.  I'm happy pancakes too!!!  :D ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 11, 2016, 07:19:35 PM
I was wondering if anybody was going to say that.  Just don't mention it outside of this thread.  What MV doesn't know can't hurt him.  Got that?

10-4 good buddie. No problemo.

zeebo

Quote from: GaborSweden on May 13, 2016, 08:00:32 PM
Here I coming whit my bike in youtube. We're are my happy pancakes. ...

Good to see you Gabor, and Many Happy Pancakes to you.  :)

coaster

I am really enjoying the show Narcos on Netflix.Wagner Moura plays Pablo Escobar. We all know the story of Pablo Escarbo, but Moura turned him into a frightening, endearing, fun guy. I really don't think they could have cast a better actor to play Escobar.The rest of the cast is hit or miss. Boyd Holbrook is ok.  Perhaps his scenes are too short. I havent got a good read of the guy yet. Watch it for Moura. This guy is good.
Narcos es muy bueno.

Chine

Quote from: coaster on May 13, 2016, 11:19:00 PM
I am really enjoying the show Narcos on Netflix.Wagner Moura plays Pablo Escobar. We all know the story of Pablo Escarbo, but Moura turned him into a frightening, endearing, fun guy. I really don't think they could have cast a better actor to play Escobar.The rest of the cast is hit or miss. Boyd Holbrook is ok.  Perhaps his scenes are too short. I havent got a good read of the guy yet. Watch it for Moura. This guy is good.
Narcos es muy bueno.

Yeah, quite good.  I enjoyed the first season. Have you seen Bloodline yet? It's also on Netflix and it's amazing. Stellar cast and intense storyline. Yet, it takes several episodes until the crazy shit really starts. That slow momentum is to build up the family dynamic and characters. Season 2 starts this month and from the trailer it looks insane. Highly recommend it.

Ben Mendelsohn is superb. Extraordinary performance.  I've always liked his work in film. He was nominated for a Golden Globe for his role as 'Danny' in Bloodline.

Whitechapel (Dark British drama/detective television series, 2009 - 2013) Recommended

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 15, 2016, 12:46:34 AM
Bob's Burger, season 1, episode 4
I just found out that Bob's wife is voiced by a guy-Dan Mintz.

albrecht

Saw Linklater's latest "Everybody Wants Some!!" yesterday. I enjoyed it and had a lot of laughs. Filmed at a local school and area so you recognize some locations and the scenarios bring back funny memories of college days. It is what it is. Not politically correct and no real deep messages but a fun, nostalgia movie. Probably guys will like it more than gals because it is a buddy movie, basically.

zeebo

Quote from: albrecht on May 15, 2016, 01:43:56 PM
Saw Linklater's latest ...

I wonder how many here have seen "Waking Life", one of my fave movies.  I'm surprised I never hear about it or its themes on various consciousness-themed shows.

Chine

Wow... Yeow.

Tonight's episode of Game of Thrones.

Being courteous and won't drop spoilers.

zeebo

Quote from: Chine on May 16, 2016, 12:22:53 AM
Wow... Yeow.

I can't believe I read 3000 friggin pages and now I'm way behind the story.   :-\ :)

Chine

Quote from: zeebo on May 16, 2016, 12:27:51 AM
I can't believe I read 3000 friggin pages and now I'm way behind the story.   :-\ :)

I have book 1 and haven't finished it. Probably should return to it and follow the book series.

My dog (Dire Wolf) is a funny pisser. She knew that my attention was so focused on GOT and not her that she pulled all kinds of attention antics. Once I finished the episode she was 'Nevermjnd. I don't need you now.'

bigchucka

Quote from: Chine on May 16, 2016, 12:22:53 AM
Wow... Yeow.

The way that ended probably means it won't be on next week.  Possibly for 2 or 3.  Haven't went and looked it up yet.

Chine

I summon Dragons. La la la psychic artists brings the paranormal into physical reality. ;)

Sharing a Dragon watercolor that I just began 30 min ago. The wings will take the most time.

Quote from: Chine on May 16, 2016, 03:46:17 PM
I summon Dragons. La la la psychic artists brings the paranormal into physical reality. ;)

Sharing a Dragon watercolor that I just began 30 min ago. The wings will take the most time.

Very nice.
I just noticed your necklace is your dog.

Chine

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 16, 2016, 04:02:38 PM
Very nice.
I just noticed your necklace is your dog.

Thanks. Will take a while to get through and when finished will share. Yes, special Magickal Afghan Hound amulet. ;)

Been meaning to tell you that I love your new avatar.

have always liked/watched it more than once. if you know it, this will be enough cuz you can fill in the gaps. enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfIcZtjAch8