• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The General Musings of Falkie2013 (George Senda, The Guy From Pittsburgh)

Started by heater, December 19, 2013, 09:37:40 PM

Should this thread be removed from the forum?

Yes
1296 (66.7%)
No
647 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1937

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 06, 2015, 11:55:38 AM
Speaking of head. 

Is that you OLG being dwarfed by the Sendahead?

No, that is unfortunately not Ol' Gerry himself.   I came across the mug shot somewhere - don't recall - and thought that the vacant - yet somehow menacing - facial expression was too amusing to not put it to good use.  I hope that it portrays my blind devotion to George, but this particular avatar "project" will soon come to an end.

It's ok if you picture Open Lines Gerry in your mind as appearing that way!  LOL

coaster

I was abhorred at the idea of eating animals while growing up.  No one in my family had apparently heard of vegetarianism, so I was just called weird.  I conformed and now am lost without meat.

3OctaveFart

I'm just worried about a possible iron deficiency, if I go full veg.
I don't want to have to rely on a tablet form of an essential mineral that has been in our diets for 40,000 years on the planet.

coaster

I do some of my shopping at a place down the road that's nothing but hippies. They say everything is free range and organic, but They ate far more expensive. The name is New or Open Harvest I think. Not  sure. It costs a bit more but you really can taste the difference. Their food tastes like food.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 06, 2015, 05:40:03 PM
I was abhorred at the idea of eating animals while growing up.  No one in my family had apparently heard of vegetarianism, so I was just called weird.
Same here. After decades meatless, just recently took up with some occasional bacon and a bit of chicken (the organic junk) but still have a difficult time consuming more than a taste of either. So far I haven't been able to eat beef but did enjoy a small portion of mostly disguised bison. I can't get near fish. I guess if meat was all there was to eat I would have withered away long ago.

PathoJen

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 05:45:52 PM
I don't want to have to rely on a tablet form of an essential mineral that has been in our diets for 40,000 years on the planet.
You can get iron and protein and everything else you need from other sources. If I were to eat meat, I would make sure said meat is from small local farms, with grazing animals, even though that kind of meat coasts 4 times as much as regular meat. Still worth it to me.

coaster

Vitamins are a sham. Also, I think there are plenty of iron rich vegetables. Spinach I think? Dark leafy greens.

PathoJen

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 06, 2015, 05:52:28 PM
Same here. After decades meatless, just recently took up with some occasional bacon and a bit of chicken (the organic junk) but still have a difficult time consuming more than a taste of either. So far I haven't been able to eat beef but did enjoy a small portion of mostly disguised bison. I can't get near fish. I guess if meat was all there was to eat I would have withered away long ago.
You just don't like fish?

PathoJen

P.S. I would never preach my vegetarian ways to anyone at all. It's strictly a personal preference. I work around the clock in animal rescue (as a volunteer)., so my reasons are strictly based on my own moral compass.

PathoJen

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 06, 2015, 06:00:28 PM
Right. Just can't go for that.
I feel you. I only like sea bass, and I have to catch it myself, fresh from the ocean. And I've only caught a sea bass once, and it was a baby so back it went. needless to say, I don't eat much fish.

aldousburbank

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 06:00:30 PM
P.S. I would never preach my vegetarian ways to anyone at all. It's strictly a personal preference. I work around the clock in animal rescue (as a volunteer)., so my reasons are strictly based on my own moral compass.
My moral compass is in the shop for repairs. I just eat everything I enjoy.

3OctaveFart

I had bison rillettes at a delightful French restaurant in a 350-year-old building a few years ago.
That is the kind of shit I would really miss if I went vegetarian.
It's just not much fun crushing beers while eating your greens.

aldousburbank

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 06:02:49 PM
I feel you. I only like sea bass, and I have to catch it myself, fresh from the ocean. And I've only caught a sea bass once, and it was a baby so back it went. needless to say, I don't eat much fish.
Eyenoeyeno and PaleHorse took this hippie out for sushi recently, trying to expose me to the finer things in life. I appreciated seeing them enjoy their sushi but it was largely a fail for me.

PathoJen

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 06, 2015, 06:05:33 PM
Eyenoeyeno and PaleHorse took this hippie out for sushi recently, trying to expose me to the finer things in life. I appreciated seeing them enjoy their sushi but it was largely a fail for me.
Please tell me you at least tried something! California roll perhaps? There is a roll for everyone.

aldousburbank

Falkie, what is your take on the inculcation of flesh into the body as a dietary element?

PathoJen

MP you can eat french fries, and fried crap with your beers! That's always satisfying. I love tortilla too, I make homemade, thick corn tortillas all the time with refried beans, salsa, lettuce, cheese and tomato, it needs no meat.

aldousburbank

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 06:07:55 PM
Please tell me you at least tried something! California roll perhaps? There is a roll for everyone.
I tried. I guess I enjoy straight up Nori a much as I do a California roll. I just don't get sushi. Of course I don't get a lot of things.

PathoJen

I work hard to maintain my avatars hourglass figure.

coaster

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 06, 2015, 06:08:21 PM
Falkie, what is your take on the inculcation of flesh into the body as a dietary element?
He's for it.

coaster

???I'm sure falkie has scarfed down a few Hungry Man TV dinners today. Theres meat in those right?

3OctaveFart

Quote from: PathoJen on June 06, 2015, 06:09:52 PM
MP you can eat french fries, and fried crap with your beers! That's always satisfying. I love tortilla too, I make homemade, thick corn tortillas all the time with refried beans, salsa, lettuce, cheese and tomato, it needs no meat.
Now you're making me think of Mexican food.
I miss Mexican terribly. I live in a large city but they just don't do it well here. It's not in their blood.

aldousburbank

Quote from: coaster on June 06, 2015, 06:16:57 PM
I'm sure falkie has scarfwed down a few Hungry Man TV dinners today. Theres meat in those right?
Meat by products

PathoJen

Quote from: Meatie Pie on June 06, 2015, 06:18:04 PM
Now you're making me think of Mexican food.
I miss Mexican terribly. I live in a large city but they just don't do it well here. It's not in their blood.
What state are you in?

coaster

It is fucking impossible to the on a tablet. Just saying.
Type.god damnit

It's not iron you have to worry about, it's some of the amino acids

Daggit

I'm glad the Falkie thread has degenerated into a discussion on the merits of vegetarianism. Falkie will love that. Carry on hippies.