• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I'm shocked at the buzz about Art's return

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, November 03, 2013, 09:31:22 PM

I'm shocked with the buzz about Art's return. I always thought Art's show was kind of a secretive thing that only night dwellers and those into conspiracy things knew about. But since Art's return I've heard and seen so many people talking about it and virtually every single person has had an anti-Noory sentiment as well. I'm a 28-year old in the entertainment business and posted a message about being stoked about Art being back on Facebook and it blew up with all kinds of people posting. My favorite Stern site just dedicated a sub-forum to it. When bringing Art Bell up around both younger and older people virtually everyone knows what I'm talking about and are all about it.

Slowly the excitement is starting to get out there and people have an awesome almost fanatical reaction to the news that Art Bell is back.

I almost think we at BellGab need to start a campaign to get the word out because a lot of people don't know Art is back yet. Something like the Conan "I'm with Coco" campaign or whatever. Because I'm not shocked to hear so many people hate George Noory but I am shocked to watch the excitement for Art's show building.

georgesucks

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on November 03, 2013, 09:31:22 PM
I'm shocked with the buzz about Art's return. I always thought Art's show was kind of a secretive thing that only night dwellers and those into conspiracy things knew about. But since Art's return I've heard and seen so many people talking about it and virtually every single person has had an anti-Noory sentiment as well. I'm a 28-year old in the entertainment business and posted a message about being stoked about Art being back on Facebook and it blew up with all kinds of people posting. My favorite Stern site just dedicated a sub-forum to it. When bringing Art Bell up around both younger and older people virtually everyone knows what I'm talking about and are all about it.

Slowly the excitement is starting to get out there and people have an awesome almost fanatical reaction to the news that Art Bell is back.

I almost think we at BellGab need to start a campaign to get the word out because a lot of people don't know Art is back yet. Something like the Conan "I'm with Coco" campaign or whatever. Because I'm not shocked to hear so many people hate George Noory but I am shocked to watch the excitement for Art's show building.
Im not shocked.

onan

No one I work with has a clue about Art. I recently was in a mandatory company wide "training". We each had to get up and tell something about ourselves. Something that we were looking forward to.

I mentioned Art Bell... not a glimmer from anyone.

Marc.Knight

I almost think we at BellGab need to start a campaign to get the word out because a lot of people don't know Art is back yet.

I'll let SiriusXM worry about promoting Art's show.  Although, I have a feeling that they didn't really understand the dominance that Art would bring to their lineup, nor the potential that lies ahead.  Just conjecture, however.

onan

Quote from: Philosopher on November 03, 2013, 09:53:27 PM

I'll let SiriusXM worry about promoting Art's show.  Although, I have a feeling that they didn't really understand the dominance that Art would bring to their lineup, nor the potential that lies ahead.  Just conjecture, however.

You always were a slacker. :)

jazmunda

I live in a country of 22.68 million people and probably only a hand full of us know about Art Bell. ;)

I think Art is underestimating how many listeners he as because of the inability to do true ratings.  I bet he is having as effect on Coast.  Their reaction certainly seems to prove that.

Quote from: Philosopher on November 03, 2013, 09:53:27 PM

Agree.  Opie and Anthony have their own channel and are also on terrestrial radio.  That is where the money is, and where Art can crush George in a final countdown - by going into syndication.

Art v George - radio cagematch!

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on November 03, 2013, 10:01:02 PM
I think Art is underestimating how many listeners he as because of the inability to do true ratings.  I bet he is having as effect on Coast.  Their reaction certainly seems to prove that.

It's funny to watch what little bitches they're being about this.

I almost feel bad for them. I mean I'm sure Noory and Lisa Lyons as human beings mean well but they've been giving us a decade of scummy pond water after we all got hooked on champagne. Noory should be doing a show about depressed divorcees, not a show that was practically a threat to national security in it's hey day.

Heather Wade

The cable guy that installed my internets asked me to go to some random sites to verify the connection was a go.  I went to artbell.com first, and he asks, "Who's Art Bell?"

"The finest radio host the Earth has ever known," I replied. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: jazmunda on November 03, 2013, 10:00:26 PM
I live in a country of 22.68 million people and probably only a hand full of us know about Art Bell. ;)

I live in a country of 330 Million and each and every one of us know Colin Hay's birthday and Vernon Wells hat size. C'mon, 'strailia you need to get with the program!

Or else.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on November 03, 2013, 10:00:26 PM

There are only 22 million people in Australia?

There are like 2 million people in the county I live in.

I've only known one person who knew who Art Bell is, and he thought he was still hosting C2C. 

What's with these people who go to bed at 9 or 10?

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 03, 2013, 10:17:57 PM
There are only 22 million people in Australia?

There are like 2 million people in the county I live in.

Yep and most of us live on the coasts. The middle of the country (the Outback) is deserted.

jazmunda

Quote from: Paper*Boy on November 03, 2013, 10:42:21 PM
I've only known one person who knew who Art Bell is, and he thought he was still hosting C2C. 

What's with these people who go to bed at 9 or 10?

I think you should ask whether they listen to the radio or not.

I don't think that the people who don't know who Art is are going to bed early. I think they don't listen to talk radio.

Ask them if they know any talk radio hosts beside knowing who Rush is.

Scully

I think it's a matter of night people vs. day people, for one thing.  Either you are or you aren't.  My doctor usually asks me about my radio program because she's so fascinated by my sleep habits.  She has no idea who Art Bell is, nor does anyone else in my "normal" world.

I think we have to be at least a little bit "weird" to be here, y'know. ;)

Quote from: jazmunda on November 03, 2013, 10:46:26 PM
I think you should ask whether they listen to the radio or not.

I don't think that the people who don't know who Art is are going to bed early. I think they don't listen to talk radio.

Ask them if they know any talk radio hosts beside knowing who Rush is.

Jaz, do you think anyone in Tazmania listens to Art?

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on November 03, 2013, 10:43:03 PM
Yep and most of us live on the coasts. The middle of the country (the Outback) is deserted.

Makes sense that most of the country is on the coast, I need to refresh my geographical knowledge.

I want to visit there and New Zealand.

jazmunda

Quote from: Étouffée on November 03, 2013, 11:18:20 PM
Jaz, do you think anyone in Tazmania listens to Art?

Over the years I've heard callers on C2CAM (w/Art) call from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth but never anyone from Tasmania.

JimAlmquist

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on November 03, 2013, 10:05:27 PM
Agree.  Opie and Anthony have their own channel and are also on terrestrial radio.  That is where the money is, and where Art can crush George in a final countdown - by going into syndication.

Art v George - radio cagematch!
Opie & Anthony are no longer doing terrestrial radio, it's only SiriusXM now. When they were seperat companies XM made a deal with CBS radio to simulcast their terrestrial show on XM from 6-9am & then 9-11am on XM only. What ensued was a disaster. Their show suffered greatly due to the constant spots(commercials) every 20 minutes & restrictions on the content due to FCC regulations during the 6-9 CBS show. When Sirius & XM merged they let the CBS contract runout. The lesson to be learned is twofold. First why would you want to go from 3 1/2 hours of content, on Dark Matter, then chop off about an hour of content. Second, C2C is doing a great job at alienating its fan base & is dying a slow painful death. Wouldn't you rather have it fail all on Dave's shoulders rather then Art going head to head & destroying something he built. It just comes down to content & terrestrial radio can't provide for Art what satellite does. If Art wanted to he could stay on air all the way up to 6am in the east he wanted to. This is something that terrestrial radio can't offer...

ItsOver

....I almost think we at BellGab need to start a campaign to get the word out because a lot of people don't know Art is back yet. Something like the Conan "I'm with Coco" campaign ...

What's the "I'm with Coco" campaign?

BobGrau

Quote from: jazmunda on November 03, 2013, 10:43:03 PM

The grey represents spiders, the blue is jellyfish.

jazmunda

Quote from: BobGrau on November 04, 2013, 12:20:05 PM

The grey represents spiders, the blue is jellyfish.

You forgot the snakes. We have 9 out of the 10 most deadliest snakes.