• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

DanTSX

Quote from: 1964kid on November 11, 2013, 11:54:58 PM
ROSS MITCHELL ! Another reason to call Cumulus is that Cimulus hired Ross (Art's announcer on Dark Matter and former Coast To Coast announcer) when Clear Channel/Premiere canned him. Ross now works for Cumulus. So Art, go be with your friend, Ross Mitchell. Go home. Go to Cumulus.

But,  yes, the Non-Compete may be an issue.

I think this guy knows the radio business.

Just a hunch folks.

popple

Quote from: wotr1 on November 11, 2013, 11:51:58 PM
Taking risks like those... Do you have producer Paul on speed dial and does he know where the nearest hospital is?

Was he born in the area?

Quote from: jazmunda on November 11, 2013, 10:00:57 PM
Paul if you are around what did you have for dinner and/or what is your weapon of choice? :)
dinner: Hamburger
weapon of choice: crowbar

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 11, 2013, 11:41:15 PM
Really?  Did you just say that?

So you condone shit slinging when it comes to Noory by Art in this thread, but you're too tender to allow that some FANS of Art can level entirely legitimate complaint against his behavior?  So silly.

He was making a comparison between himself and Noory, not sure how you don't get the first part.

I don't have any problem with shit-slinging, I just think you've made your opinion clear by now and wonder why you continue.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Colorado ESQ on November 11, 2013, 10:49:32 PM
I agree, content counts along with the skill and talent of the interviewer/host. Art is the master at this. Question for Art is this: what kind of things do you think are going on behind the scenes? I am not sure where you are going with this. Do you mean things going on as in considering the deal or going on as in pressures against it. Also, why do you think you will receive a further reply?

Art:

I was waiting for someone to ask this question.  Throw in your previous comment about "big power and money" and sounds to me like you are implying someone or some corporate entity with deep pockets is working behind the scenes to keep you on the sidelines.  If true, I can accept you don't want to say "who", but care to expound on "why"?

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on November 11, 2013, 11:50:13 PM
Aren't all you folks chest thumping this post forgetting the non-compete Art has says he will honor?

Shhhhhh!  Let's not disturb the kiddies.  They're enjoying the latest bedtime fairy tales.  ;) :D

Just because there's a 2 year NC and he may never come back to the air doesn't mean that you have to act like an anonymous piece of shit on the internet.

"Ok kiddies"

Fucking creeps on this forum lately.

ItsOver

I'll tip toe lighter next time.  ;)

steelbot

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 12, 2013, 12:02:14 AM
Just because there's a 2 year NC and he may never come back to the air doesn't mean that you have to act like an anonymous piece of shit on the internet.

"Ok kiddies"

Fucking creeps on this forum lately.
:D

Catsmile

Quote from: Ravenna on November 11, 2013, 11:47:57 PM
Jazzmundo sounds cooler, anyhow.  Sounds like some weird kind of yoga mixed with martial arts, all done to a jazz soundtrack.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Falkie2013 on November 11, 2013, 11:39:28 PM
Well, here's my latest commentary on the whole mess.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHlkPKO_rKc&feature=youtu.be

And my announcing the moves toward getting a podcast with me and Tertiary Imam. It WILL happen but it will NOT compete with Gabcast ( which I could emulate but not probably surpass ), but it might compete with the Gaffecast we hear every night on Premiere.

http://youtu.be/AZyBwZf7XaA

I only see ONE fan. Where are the rest?

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 11, 2013, 11:57:22 PM
I don't have any problem with shit-slinging, I just think you've made your opinion clear by now and wonder why you continue.

Sure, because this thread has been all about clarifying opinion and exiting the discussion.  If you are so tender that you can't handle the repetition of opinions that differ from your own, CENSOR them, use the IGNORE list.  It's there to comfort the fragile.

zeebo

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 10, 2013, 09:27:56 PM
But what the fuck ever, people will say what they want. I was just making a point.

I love this.  I think it should be the default tagline of every post on this board.

Quote from: ItsOver on November 12, 2013, 12:00:14 AM
Shhhhhh!  Let's not disturb the kiddies.  They're enjoying the latest bedtime fairy tales.  ;) :D

lmao.

Luna

Hi people! How are you! It snowed for the first time this winter. I'm cold, lonely and aching to curl up in bed with some talk radio. Is Art on KNYE yet? :<

steelbot

DAMNIT - I WASN'T POST #10000 in a thread of 335+ pages....

steelbot

Quote from: zeebo on November 12, 2013, 12:09:59 AM
I love this.  I think it should be the default tagline of every post on this board.
....or ......OR.....Rolling a Joint... ::)

eddie dean

Hey falkie
Why do you mirror your videos.  The image is flipped vertically. Horizontally.
Btw I'm not being sarcastic or flippant, just want to know if there is a reason

Falkie2013

Quote from: dortmunder on November 11, 2013, 11:44:34 PM
I won't believe it's actually you until I see a picture of that Snoopy phone!

As the late and great Art Baker used to say :

" YOU asked for it !!! "

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgpoFkJ7nK0&feature=youtu.be

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Luna on November 12, 2013, 12:11:12 AM
Hi people! Bow are you! It snowed for the first time this winter. I'm cold, lonely and aching for some good radio. Is Art on KNYE yet? :<

No, but he did have pizza rolls for dinner.

And I'm great.

SaucyRossy

Haha indeed

ringthane

Quote from: Ravenna on November 11, 2013, 08:24:08 PM
As I recall, Dreamland was on my radio on Sunday nights.  I think some markets ran the previous week's Dreamland in a Saturday night slot, though.  I seem to recall that, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

When I lived in Phoenix (late 90s) they replayed the previous Dreamland on Saturday night.

jazmunda

Quote from: eddie dean on November 12, 2013, 12:13:55 AM
Hey falkie
Why do you mirror you videos.  The image is flipped vertically.
Btw I'm not being sarcastic or flippant, just want to know if there is a reason

Don't you mean horizontally?

1964kid

If we believe that there is someone working behind the scenes with Sirius/XM, the only one could be Clear Channel/Premiere. Why? Clear Channel, under their I-Heart brand, owns Z-100/New York and KIIS/Los Angeles, both of which are carried on Sirius/XM. In other words, SiriusXM and Clear Channel have a working relationship. In fact, Clear Channel had an ownership interest (shares) in SiriusXM until mid-2013 when it sold its interest in SiriusXM for $135.5 million. It would make sense that Clear Channel would try to protect their "nighttime baby," Coast To Coast AM. So, with Cumulus being the arch-rival of Clear Channel, this is why Cumulus is where Art needs to go, to be successful, once the non-compete issue is resolved. And Cumulus has very DEEP pockets. $$

Luna

Quote from: SaucyRossy on November 12, 2013, 12:14:21 AM
No, but he did have pizza rolls for dinner.

And I'm great.
Pardon for my horrible typos. I'm on my kindle fire (1st gen and well worn).....
The power supply on my BRAND NEW computer died!!! *woe*

Catsmile

For most adults on an open forum, it's already implied.

Quote from: malachi.martini on November 12, 2013, 12:09:55 AM
Sure, because this thread has been all about clarifying opinion and exiting the discussion.  If you are so tender that you can't handle the repetition of opinions that differ from your own, CENSOR them, use the IGNORE list.  It's there to comfort the fragile.

I can handle it, I'll be fine. I'll probably just punch a pillow until the anger subsides. Then I'll have warm milk and cuddle with a blanket. Your mother takes care of me well when I'm feeling this fragile!

BOOM, IN YOUR FACE, LOSER.

SciFiAuthor

As I recall, and I may be wrong, but Art said before DM started that he had refused two major offers. Presumably one of those was from Cumulus. I don't know if the circumstances have changed or or not, but I'm fairly sure he said it. He also doesn't seem to be too big on the idea of extensive commercial breaks, which I would imagine Cumulus would want just as much as Premiere did.

Independence does work these days. You can certainly do it in publishing now. Hugh Howey broke a million copies sold with a sci fi novel that he self-pubbed on Amazon initially in e-book format only for Christ's sake. It made the NYT list and was finally optioned by Ridley Scott. How did that book do it? Word of mouth on the internet snowballed and he built an audience far more rapidly than trad published authors do (oh god how I wish it were faster). This may well work in the radio show industry, a hard-hitter like Art could go viral and end up with more listeners than he would have had in a broadcast deal. A lot of it depends on luck, but Art's resume and fame would go a long way in making some luck.

But, what do I know. I can turn a radio on, and that's about the extent of my understanding of the broadcast industry. But it was worth tossing out there. 

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Luna on November 12, 2013, 12:17:39 AM
Pardon for my horrible typos. I'm on my kindle fire (1st gen and well worn).....
The power supply on my BRAND NEW computer died!!! *woe*

No problems, navigating a forum on a tablet can be hard

Falkie2013

Quote from: jazmunda on November 12, 2013, 12:16:28 AM
Don't you mean horizontally?

I don't know. I just turn on the Imac camera and start talking.
For some reason it makes everything look backwards including print.
If anyone knows how to fix it, please let me know in an inbox.
What in the hell am I saying ?
I'm gettin' advice from a guy who lives upside down ...