• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

HumanBeing

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 06, 2013, 08:37:30 PM
Art bell,

In all seriousness --- and I hope most of you know I'm not always serious --- the only reason Skype calls sound better to some is because the Skype call's volume is up and there's less bass in it compared to your voice. On some speakers, the bass in your voice doesn't cut through as well as the Skype calls do. Case in point: I had a fan on and was just on the edge of consciousness, but I could hear the Skype caller clearly whereas the fan shitted all over your voice. I know not everyone has a fan on, but, yes, the Skype calls volume is up and the frequencies are different. Bass is sexy in a radio voice, but it is actually less intelligible than the mid-range and treble you get on a Skype call.

AND I'M DEAD SERIOUS ABOUT THIS: Consider having a distortion on your Skype line which makes them sound like good landline phones. The Skype shit is jarring and doesn't fit in with my Nostalgia at all. Who's with me on this?

???
That doesn't sound very good man. Purposely create inferior audio quality solely for nostalgia's sake haha I understand the sentiment. But that is all it should be.

This is one of my main points exactly. It is these zombie listeners who fail to do anything really to help bring the show to the next level because they are too busy spending time in the past.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 07, 2013, 03:01:10 AM
      But you'll still check.

They all will, it's like battered woman syndrome.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 07, 2013, 02:58:59 AM
Most of his posts are unnecessary and uncalled for. And then there's the personal insults.
You're right. Troll might not be the right word for him.

You're shoveling shit against the tide. Put me on ignore. NOW. I forbid you from reading my lapidary insights.

shell88

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on November 07, 2013, 03:01:10 AM
      But you'll still check.

Isn't "88" a neo-Nazi thing?
lol

phrodo

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on November 07, 2013, 02:58:59 AM
Most of his posts are unnecessary and uncalled for. And then there's the personal insults.
You're right. Troll might not be the right word for him.

You may have a point there -- that would be an insult to trolls all over the interwebs....  8)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: phrodo on November 07, 2013, 03:04:40 AM
You may have a point there -- that would be an insult to trolls all over the interwebs....  8)

And you are...

HumanBeing

Quote from: spruce tree on November 06, 2013, 08:37:47 PM
I do believe you may have gone to the dick-eating well one or two too many times. At this point, I hope you are at least getting some enjoyment out of reading your posts, because while I can't speak for anyone else, I am quite sure your comments are just being scrolled past on the way to much more enlightening ones. why don't you just return to riding Noory's, since you seem to have such a phallic Infatuation.  Please return to your hole, a-hole. You are offering nada here. Stop taking up space. You're stinking up the forum with your penis breath

I wanted to acknowledge your post...

But to spend much more time than this post would be clearly wasting my time.

Have you heard the saying...
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." ?

This applies to me regarding you right at this moment.
So... I'll save myself the trouble of arguing with you, the idiot.
Have a nice day  :)

SciFiAuthor

You are your own worst enemy Eddie. You hate Art, you hate George, and you're in a forum dedicated to discussing their shows. That's like being in the room but not the bed during sex, it's just weird. Seriously, what the hell are you thinking? People are going to beat you over the head with this for years. I don't get it.

HumanBeing

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 07, 2013, 01:23:18 AM
That was sarcasm, dude.

Yeah your attempt at portraying a character you are not is very bad.

ziznak

Damn eddie thats some obscure neo nazi knowledge you have there... 8th letter being H... 2 H's standing for Hail Hitler. 

Pretty sure it's probly just a birth year tho...

Ok so... cmon now Art are you at your computer now typing out your next post here??

Nighthawk

I'm tuned into that station out of redding so that I can hear what this is all about coming up. I want to hear hendrie do his Art impression again.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: ziznak on November 07, 2013, 03:21:43 AM
Damn eddie thats some obscure neo nazi knowledge you have there... 8th letter being H... 2 H's standing for Hail Hitler. 

Pretty sure it's probly just a birth year tho...

Ok so... cmon now Art are you at your computer now typing out your next post here??

He logged off. Last I checked.

Hello, Art.

Are you going to listen to Phil Hendrie at 2am? 

SciFiAuthor

I couldn't get the stream to work for Hendrie. It was some political talker. But I can say that I went over to Hendrie's site and he offers a 2 day free trial. Catch it and then unsubscribe tomorrow if the feed doesn't work.

ziznak

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 07, 2013, 03:23:38 AM

He logged off. Last I checked.
Ha... he looked at the thread said "fuck this" and went to bed

Xtreme1

Phil should start in 20 minutes or so Nighthawk.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Xtreme1 on November 07, 2013, 03:26:06 AM
Phil should start in 20 minutes or so Nighthawk.

Can someone post a link to where I can hear this stuff?

Nighthawk

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 07, 2013, 03:24:34 AM
I couldn't get the stream to work for Hendrie. It was some political talker. But I can say that I went over to Hendrie's site and he offers a 2 day free trial. Catch it and then unsubscribe tomorrow if the feed doesn't work.

Try tuning KCNR 1460 AM in Redding CA. I have it on via the tune in app and it is working great. The show is on repeat now and the part we want to hear should be on in a half hour.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on November 07, 2013, 03:24:34 AM

The show is on now, at TuneIn Radio, KCNR 1460

HumanBeing

Quote from: shell88 on November 07, 2013, 01:27:23 AM
Here comes the ugly troll again. I thought you were banned. Your dummer than you look.

Ban me for what?
For stating my opinion and expressing my feelings.
If that gets me banned then good, because I would not want to participate on a Message Board if that was their way of moderating.
Fortunately it appears they allow freedom of expression.
You have the right to disagree with me. Go right ahead.
But to try to take out your self righteous paintbrush and paint me as a troll because you disagree with me is awfully mature of you  ::)

I hope you find someone to watch your back when you end up at a FEMA camp lol
You are a zombie who clearly has not been paying attention the last 48 hours.

Yeah I am "dummer" than I look, so what?  ;D

SciFiAuthor

Ah! It's working now. Thanks all.

Count me in the camp who is pessimistic that Art will be back on the air tomorrow. I think airing his behind the scenes issues with Sirius XM out in the open isn't going to help. This is what he posted on his website for Thursday's show:

11/07 - Thu - Waiting on SiriusXM

I feel that by framing things like this, Art already suspects Sirius XM isn't inclined to broadcast his stream. I also got this vibe when Art announced he wanted free streaming of his show last Thursday. I could be wrong, but...

HumanBeing

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 07, 2013, 01:54:14 AM
For my part, it's called constructive criticism.  Emphasis on the criticism. 

(Something I'd rather see more of in this situation than "please sir, may I have another?")

:D hey dude.. stop making all sorts of sense and stuff... stop it right now.. haha  ;)

tertiaryimam

Quote from: General Johnson Jamison on November 07, 2013, 03:30:21 AM
Count me in the camp who is pessimistic that Art will be back on the air tomorrow. I think airing his behind the scenes issues with Sirius XM out in the open isn't going to help. This is what he posted on his website for Thursday's show:

11/07 - Thu - Waiting on SiriusXM

I feel that by framing things like this, Art already suspects Sirius XM isn't inclined to broadcast his stream. I also got this vibe when Art announced he wanted free streaming of his show last Thursday. I could be wrong, but...

Nah, he'll be back. He didn't test his stream thing out just as a ruse. And, plus, I think Sirius's bottom line is the bottom line, and they know, financially, they're better off to agree to art's requests.

Quote from: General Johnson Jamison on November 07, 2013, 03:30:21 AM

General!  The timing is amazing!  Do you know that Phil Hendrie is going to be YOU, talking with "Art Bell" at 2am?