• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell Quits Dark Matter

Started by DesertFox, November 01, 2013, 08:13:24 AM

maren

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on November 08, 2013, 08:41:16 PM
I was pretty sure he was an act when he called in once and started quoting pink floyd as part of his rhetoric.  He did disguise it well but if you are a fan of The Wall it's fairly obvious.  And there's no reason a Bible thumper like the JC character would ever have to listen to Pink Floyd enough to actually pick up some of the lyrics.

At any rate what he said was basically 'fire the ovens for the queens and the coons and the reds and the jews' which is a direct quote out of 'waiting for the worms' from the wall.  It's very sneaky because Roger Waters is saying this line via a megaphone on the song and so maybe some people wouldn't pick up on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7zRrX_17bw

Link if you want to listen to it :)

I'm SCREAMING!  Too funny!  I hadn't heard that one.  And now I love JC even more -- he has good taste in music.   :)   I sent him a Friend Request on Facebook -- waiting with bated breath to see if I'll be welcomed into the fold.  Thanks!

DanTSX

Quote from: tertiaryimam on November 08, 2013, 08:57:07 PM
That's unimaginably fantastic. How'd you do? How'd he do?

It was a lonnnnngggggg time ago.  I can't really remember.  Probably wasn't even keeping score.

Heather Wade

Quote from: PathoJen on November 08, 2013, 09:20:41 PM
From the looks of her post (btw, had no idea a "gal" ran that page), she's annoyed b/c Art has not made a statement on her page. He didn't make a statement on my page either, doesn't mean I'm closing it.

No kidding.  Kind of silly on her part to expect anything. 

Bigfoot

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 08, 2013, 09:15:12 PM
Anyone who's savvy knows fb sucks.  I say this in the spirit of friendly debate.  Nothing personal; actually I've been trying to find Bigfoot since forever.  Where you been hiding? lol
But fb sucks.   :D

No offense taken, fellow cryptidhunter.  Personally, I deleted mine and I agree that it is terrible.  But that page is set to public so you can go look at it.   :)

ItsOver

Crap.  Noory's flown C2C into the ground and Art's cooling his heels in Pahrump.  Is running a decent paranormal radio show really this difficult???  Christ, you'd think it was the Manhattan Project. 

Bigfoot

From the looks of her post (btw, had no idea a "gal" ran that page), she's annoyed b/c Art has not made a statement on her page. He didn't make a statement on my page either, doesn't mean I'm closing it.

You probably don't have almost 4k followers, though.

nomobjustice

Would you at least consider it?

Producer-Paul

Quote from: DanTSX on November 08, 2013, 09:11:45 PM
So who lost the bet that resulted in those two silly ghost buster gala from the trailer park on?

I take full responsibility.

And it wasn't a bet.

Jnthn932

Quote from: ItsOver on November 08, 2013, 09:26:48 PM
Crap.  Noory's flown C2C into the ground and Art's cooling his heels in Pahrump.  Is running a decent paranormal radio show really this difficult???  Christ, you'd think it was the Manhattan Project.
you've probably seen where I've said this before but Darkness Radio is actually pretty damn good.

Producer-Paul

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 08, 2013, 09:14:00 PM
Just curious, how much input did Art put into it?  Were there some gems he specifically requested?

Now we are asking the sorts of questions that I'd love to answer on a future podcast.
My NC expires in 30 days.   

urbie88

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 08, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

And it wasn't a bet.

Booking Macafee was great. Those ghost buster girls ... Not so much

PathoJen

Quote from: nomobjustice on November 08, 2013, 09:28:43 PM
Would you at least consider it?

no..what's the point. It's People Who Love ARt Bell...not people who KNOW Art Bell...or people who art bell talks to. I think it's a irrational thing to do.

urbie88

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 08, 2013, 09:31:42 PM
Now we are asking the sorts of questions that I'd love to answer on a future podcast.
My NC expires in 30 days.

I smell a spin off!  The producer Paul show

Quote from: (Redacted) on November 08, 2013, 09:15:12 PM
Anyone who's savvy knows fb sucks.  I say this in the spirit of friendly debate.  Nothing personal; actually I've been trying to find Bigfoot since forever.  Where you been hiding? lol
But fb sucks.   :D

I agree, Facebook is crummy.  I'm not on it but most of the rest of the world is.  And Art HAD a fb page, so he must have bought into it as a way to connect with a lot of fans.  So, if there were maybe thousands on that "friends of Art", or whatever, page, then yeah, I think it would be in Art's interest to throw them a little cup of cheer, to keep morale up and to keep them in his corner.

God knows he strokes us pretty well here!

maren

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 08, 2013, 09:01:24 PM
I'm glad you asked this question.

I've heard a podcaster or two say that we had trouble finding guests...
Let me tell ya,...
That is far from the reality,

I was FLOODED with requests for people to be on the program.
Being Art's producer is a total dream gig for someone who is
looking for and booking guests because I never actually had to look.

I did have to sift through a monstrous pile of publicists and promoters (and self
promoters) to find the good ones.

So basically,  finding the gold nuggets in all that noise was the real hard part
of the gig. That and managing several hundred to several thousand emails a day.

Well, you handled it stellarly (word?) Paul.  Thanks for all you did!!

Job

Quote from: Producer-Paul on November 08, 2013, 09:29:43 PM

And it wasn't a bet.
The CIA guy made up for it.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 08, 2013, 09:30:52 PM
you've probably seen where I've said this before but Darkness Radio is actually pretty damn good.

I'm listening right now and, so far, I'm not into it. Too much cutesy banter and fluff for me.  I'll give it a few more chances, but not impressed yet.

ItsOver

I think I have but refresh my memory, if you would.  I've tried Clyde Lewis, off and on, but he's like riding a roller coaster and bounces all over the place, with his rants and personal bizarre fascinations.

Phaedra

Being a huge AB fan for years, I ran out and purchased a radio and car kit for our big rig (yes, I am one of those much-maligned trucker types). I have to admit I was pretty unhappy when this new debacle began. Unhappy with Art, unhappy with Sirius, blah, blah, blah. While I'm still not thrilled with the situation or being out over a hundred bucks for hardware that's pretty much worthless to me after six weeks, when it comes down to it I'm STILL a huge fan and - foolishly or not - would pay that hundred-and-something all over again if Art announced tomorrow that he was taking his talent to some other platform that required it.  He's irreplaceable in his genre and this whole thing is a damned shame for everyone.

Now, speaking of shame...hey, that refreshing, ice cold beer you're enjoying?  You're able to because of a trucker. More than likely, same goes for whatever you had for dinner.  Oh, and next time you're on the crapper, think of me when you have the luxury of wiping your ass with toilet paper.   ;) :P  As I write, I'm laying in my sleeper, looking out at a gorgeous night sky, free and wondering where the road will take me tomorrow. AWESOME.  That stuffy office I left to do this?  You can have it.

Stan_Holeman

Quote from: urbie88 on November 08, 2013, 09:31:48 PM
Booking Macafee was great. Those ghost buster girls ... Not so much

The Ghostbuster Gals were surprisingly ok, I thought. Yes, the whole thing was ridiculous, but they kept my attention with their huuuu, and their ghost fighting space rock.

Jnthn932

Quote from: HorrorRetro on November 08, 2013, 09:34:42 PM
I'm listening right now and, so far, I'm not into it. Too much cutesy banter and fluff for me.  I'll give it a few more chances, but not impressed yet.
Some shows are like that. When it's just Dave Schrader and the other guy, it's great. I know what you mean though. Where are you listening?

PathoJen

I take it no one liked the ghostbuster gals.

MikeJ

I have been listening to that through "I heart radio" since Art quit.

maren

Quote from: Bigfoot on November 08, 2013, 09:09:51 PM
Art, it takes 2 minutes to set up a profile.  Hell, FB probably still has your info, even if you "deleted" your profile.  Just sign in and blamo! it's all still there.  (The wonders of the NSA Age.)

It would be a nice thing if you went over there and maybe even just copy/pasted what you have written here...there.  Looking at it, there are thousands of fans over there.  The lady who runs it has asked repeatedly for some kind of response from you.

That's a lovely suggestion.  She's very kind and nice, and I know it would mean a lot to her.  She's been tireless in her devotion to Art.  And good on you for being so considerate.

ytsejames

Apologies if this was already covered in this explosive thread, but it appears that the expiration date for the On Demand Dark Matter shows is now in 2 days. As late as yesterday my player was showing these to expire in the thousands of days, many years from now.

tertiaryimam

Quote from: Phaedra on November 08, 2013, 09:35:43 PM
Now, speaking of shame...hey, that refreshing, ice cold beer you're enjoying?  You're able to because of a trucker. More than likely, same goes for whatever you had for dinner.  Oh, and next time you're on the crapper, think of me when you have the luxury of wiping your ass with toilet paper.   ;) :P  As I write, I'm laying in my sleeper, looking out at a gorgeous night sky, free and wondering where the road will take me tomorrow. AWESOME.  That stuffy office I left to do this?  You can have it.

Rock on, Sister.

Art is irreplaceable, yes, but there's a lot of good paranormal podcasts out there and such. Its not all Noories.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Jnthn932 on November 08, 2013, 09:36:22 PM
Some shows are like that. When it's just Dave Schrader and the other guy, it's great. I know what you mean though. Where are you listening?

I'm using IHeartRadio on my Kindle, tuning into 1130.

PathoJen

Quote from: MikeJ on November 08, 2013, 09:37:26 PM
I have been listening to that through "I heart radio" since Art quit.
Is "I heart radio" an app? or a website?

Stan_Holeman

Quote from: PathoJen on November 08, 2013, 09:36:28 PM
I take it no one liked the ghostbuster gals.

They were ok. Podiatrist Leir was grumpy and beyond stupid with his secret frequencies...but even then I guess it kept my attention.  Greer I always find interesting, even if he's kind of a bs artist.

Jnthn932

Quote from: ItsOver on November 08, 2013, 09:35:17 PM
I think I have but refresh my memory, if you would.  I've tried Clyde Lewis, off and on, but he's like riding a roller coaster and bounces all over the place, with his rants and personal bizarre fascinations.
Well, basically it's your typical paranormal type show except with a host that is somewhat skeptic and challenges guest. When I say typical paranormal, I mean Art Bell paranormal. Not Dave's version of the paranormal. I listen on Tunein. Check em out! Obviously it's not Art and the shows with four hosts get a little annoying but find the ones with Dave Schrader and the other guy(forget his name, he doesn't say much) and I think you'll enjoy it.