• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

HorrorRetro

What lazy-ass scumbags. It's not surprising, but it's still disgusting.  >:(

Heather Wade

Quote from: bateman on February 05, 2014, 11:16:33 PM
I have an email out to someone who may be able to tell me what happened.

???  I agree with eddie dean, you're doing something right if they are paying that much attention to you and Dark Weekend.

Let us know what you find out, if possible. 

And, yeah, congratulations... I think.   ;)

Rasputin

Your obviously doing something right Steve, or else C2C would not be trying to poach your guests. I would not be too concerned though, you actually prepare for the interview, ask great questions and actually follow up instead of the usual Nooryisims we all know and loath.

Stay at it man, your show is going places!

area51drone

Jazmunda, will you please just call in to C2C every night like you did Art's show so that Noory will be taken off the air for good?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bateman on February 05, 2014, 10:22:20 PM
I also got what I thought was a weird email the other day, someone asking where I post upcoming show topics. Nowhere, fucko. Everything's embargoed from here on out.

Steve: Take it as a compliment mate. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. You know you do a great show. The people who listen know it too, and your audience will grow. You're keeping to a format and style that works very well. Nothing more to add really without it sounding obsequious.

You know you've arrived when...

Miranda

Quote from: Rasputin on February 06, 2014, 02:59:47 AM
Your obviously doing something right Steve, or else C2C would not be trying to poach your guests. I would not be too concerned though, you actually prepare for the interview, ask great questions and actually follow up instead of the usual Nooryisims we all know and loath.

Stay at it man, your show is going places!

Agreed! I never miss a show and look forward to each time a new one is posted. Every show so far has been fantastic and the hour goes by entirely too fast. Keep it up!

popple

Thanks for doing the show with Dr. Aubrey De Grey. I have had his book on my kindle for a while and this is a easy introduction to what he's trying to relay. Pretty interesting that he explained that the "anti aging" products or tricks out there do work but only for people who have unusual rapid aging. Even though they wont help the masses they're still put out there for wide consumption. I still see products in the store blasting that they have resveratrol in them and of course other magic ingredients :P The best anti aging is avoiding things that accelerate the process.

popple

Quote from: bateman on February 05, 2014, 10:22:20 PM
I also got what I thought was a weird email the other day, someone asking where I post upcoming show topics. Nowhere, fucko. Everything's embargoed from here on out.

OK, so this list I found online is not legit?

Upcoming featured guests

Ghost Buster Gals
Casio
The guy from Pittsburgh

What I really want to happen is for Mr. Bateman to go full troll mode & give the performance of his career.
1.Create believable character with online bio, etc
2.Get booked on Dark weekend (if you do a whole interview with yourself that would be amaaaaaaaaazing)
3.Get booked on C2C
4.Troll troll troll troll troll (Jaz you skype george97313 & act like a super fan)

All the trollolympic golds & "demonic" oscars tew yewwwwwww!!!

bateman

Quote from: popple on February 07, 2014, 03:12:39 PM
OK, so this list I found online is not legit?

Upcoming featured guests

Ghost Buster Gals
Casio
The guy from Pittsburgh

What I really want to happen is for Mr. Bateman to go full troll mode & give the performance of his career.
1.Create believable character with online bio, etc
2.Get booked on Dark weekend (if you do a whole interview with yourself that would be amaaaaaaaaazing)
3.Get booked on C2C
4.Troll troll troll troll troll (Jaz you skype george97313 & act like a super fan)

All the trollolympic golds & "demonic" oscars tew yewwwwwww!!!

Hahahahaha, I miss your posts, Popple.

bateman

And thanks, everyone. I'm really biting my tongue here.

Just read the thread. Wow, what underhanded BS this is. Congratulations, Bateman. You've made it when the sleazeballs over on Premrat have to poach, when they have a staff and budget to book their own guests. It's a compliment to you.

bateman

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on February 07, 2014, 06:07:18 PM
Just read the thread. Wow, what underhanded BS this is. Congratulations, Bateman. You've made it when the sleazeballs over on Premrat have to poach, when they have a staff and budget to book their own guests. It's a compliment to you.

Oh, there's even more, but I have to see how a certain something plays out before I can comment further.

Gemstone

Quote from: bateman on February 07, 2014, 06:34:57 PM
Oh, there's even more, but I have to see how a certain something plays out before I can comment further.

Wow. Looking forward to your updates.  I love your show!! You are doing a great job.

George Drooly

Hey George, Tommy, and Lisa:

Don't tell Bateman, but I found out who a few of his upcoming guests are going to be and I'd thought I'd slip you the info. Have fun googling these interesting fellows, and I look forward to hearing George mumble distractedly at them in the coming weeks:

Randy West
Peter North
Ed Powers
Rocco Siffredi
Nacho Vidal
James Deen

Maybe one of these guests will do to George's mouth what it's already been doing to our ears for the last decade.

Can't wait to hear this. I was just thinking how ironic it is that your show is on the WABC network which bounced C2C a couple of years after Art left. Noory might be on WOR now, I haven't been keeping up with his NY area stations, but he definitely got dumped from the super station. He's a petty little man, and I'd say you're rattling his cage. Keep up the good work!

RADEO

Bateman, Steve, Super Host,

I have too much to say so I'll kiss.

The priest was nearly intolerable and that made him unbelievable. You were fab as all.

His laughter, I know, nervous laughter, his simpleton like interaction and his flippant answers to nearly all of your questions was just annoying.  I really got the impression, topic aside, that he was not genuine.  I know he's out there in other places where he was interviewed but I haven't listened yet.  I simply could not stand him.

How do YOU feel about him Bateman!  He seemed so moronic that I can't believe he's anything other than a greeter at Walmart, oh I'm sorry there are really nice people who work there.

This has nothing to do with you.  He was simply < no pun, Noorian.

That's the other thing I wanted to say, that spec sheet where Noory called in was a trip!  He was SO confident it was just gross.  It is quite clear from the destruction of c2c that this pussy has not a shred of confidence.  He's a moronic simpleton as well.  How he faked it I'll never know but I saw through him.  Tommy must have been talking into his ear.

What I would LOVVVEEE to hear is the priest and Noory together.  If this has already happened, somebody please direct me.  I can't even google it for fear of actually pulling it up.  My other fear, if it has not happened, is having Satan himself show up sitting on the end of my bed asking me what the hell I was thinking with that fucked up request!

Oh?  I'm intrigued.

popple

I'm on the edge of my seat! Will you soon announce you've replaced Jorch as the cover model for P90X?

gbneely

Quote from: popple on February 08, 2014, 02:18:53 PM
I'm on the edge of my seat! Will you soon announce you've replaced Jorch as the cover model for P90X?

That would be huge!

HorrorRetro

Quote from: popple on February 08, 2014, 02:18:53 PM

One can only hope.  ;D

bateman

Heh. Just an FYI, the one airing on the stream tonight is Fr. Mike, so look for the Lyn Buchanan/James Carman episode in the next few days. I've been pretty preoccupied with "this other thing" so things have slowed down this past week. I'm hoping to be able to make some comments about everything that's been going on soon. Kind of in a holding pattern right now.

cweb

all the best, bateman! don't let anyone "wind you down!"

wr250

Quote from: Juan on February 08, 2014, 07:24:58 PM
Do you "get it?"

better yet will george say "Bateman gets it"  ?

Yorkshire pud

I just hope 'it' isn't C2C throwing out overtures. Not because I don't think 'our' Bateman wouldn't excel; but I think unless he had it written in blood, his style will be compromised, as well as his content.

Gemstone

Quote from: bateman on February 08, 2014, 06:52:47 PM
Heh. Just an FYI, the one airing on the stream tonight is Fr. Mike, so look for the Lyn Buchanan/James Carman episode in the next few days. I've been pretty preoccupied with "this other thing" so things have slowed down this past week. I'm hoping to be able to make some comments about everything that's been going on soon. Kind of in a holding pattern right now.

Looking forward to your next show - thanks for the FYI

saucerlike

Fuck Noory and Premrat.  It's a big mistake for them to poach guests for C2C, we all know it's because bateman will blow them out of the water with his show prep & skills.  Find someone who is a noob to this material and they would surely pick bateman as the more professional of the 2.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: saucerlike on February 09, 2014, 01:20:12 PM
Fuck Noory and Premrat.  It's a big mistake for them to poach guests for C2C, we all know it's because bateman will blow them out of the water with his show prep & skills.  Find someone who is a noob to this material and they would surely pick bateman as the more professional of the 2.

Exactly....so if you were a C2C exec, and heard Bateman (as they certainly will have), wouldn't you make even little steps to sounding out someone with the 'ingredient X' that Bateman has? I would, but there style won't be Bateman's, that's the rub.

Quote from: saucerlike on February 09, 2014, 01:20:12 PM

How is George supposed to compete with someone who can:

A) Be bothered to familiarize themselves with a guests work, even if it means sitting down and reading an ENTIRE book (Gosh.)
B) Consider it on a critical level
C) Make insightful comments and
D) Ask well thought and relevant questions

Ask George and he'll tell you, it's unposhabull.