• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

People Who Miss Art Bell On Facebook!

Started by timpate, November 17, 2012, 12:17:12 AM

onan

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 18, 2013, 02:40:41 AM

I prefer CoastGab where knee pads are optional, not required.

They're optional!!! Fuck.

Scully

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 18, 2013, 02:40:41 AM
            All that's missing from that site are E-Meters, Nike running shoes, vats of Flavor Aid and pews.

I prefer CoastGab where knee pads are optional, not required.

Eddie, please explain your meaning of Nike running shoes in reference to People Who Miss Art Bell on FB.  And am I correct that E-Meters refer to Scientology, and vats of Flavor Aid refers to Jonestown, Guyana and knee pads to the Catholic tradition of kneeling?  I have a vested and unholy interest in that site and the woman who runs it.

Quote from: onan on January 23, 2013, 08:29:49 AM

They're optional!!! Fuck.

And Onan, are you agreeing or disagreeing with Eddie? I really would like to know.  :-\

onan

Quote from: Scully on January 28, 2013, 05:20:26 AM

And Onan, are you agreeing or disagreeing with Eddie? I really would like to know.  :-\

I almost always agree with the Coyle.

I was making a crude joke about knee pads. Suggesting I had sucked something I hadn't needed to.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Scully on January 28, 2013, 05:20:26 AM

Eddie, please explain your meaning of Nike running shoes in reference to People Who Miss Art Bell on FB.  And am I correct that E-Meters refer to Scientology, and vats of Flavor Aid refers to Jonestown, Guyana and knee pads to the Catholic tradition of kneeling?  I have a vested and unholy interest in that site and the woman who runs it.

Nike running shoes were in regard to Marshall Applewhite/Heaven's Gate. The knee pads could also have a rather "dirty" aspect as well :-[ 

What prompted my snark was going to the site one night and seeing about 10 posts, almost consecutively, miscontruing what Art said during his visit here a few weeks back. His rather measured shots at Noory and ambivalence about his own plans, becoming a subtext of "Art's coming back!!!"...which is fine, but I prefer some shade with the light, and CG has that.

jazmunda

I once perused the "We miss Art" mod's twitter feed as she posted it once on the site and Art isn't the only "celeb" that she stalks? She was hounding Ellen Degeneres and asking her why she's not replying to anything she asks. She seems to be a few sausages short of a bbq.

Scully

Thanks for responding, Eddie and Onan.  I thought you were referring to religiosity on that site, which wouldn't have surprised me.  Boy, was I way off base there!!!!

I feel like a Goody Two-Shoes now, but my itch to know has been scratched, so it was worth it.  I gotta remember I'm not in Kansas anymore when I come here.  ;)

P.S. Jazmunda, your diagnosis is entirely accurate.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Scully on January 29, 2013, 04:18:23 AM
Thanks for responding, Eddie and Onan.  I thought you were referring to religiosity on that site, which wouldn't have surprised me.  Boy, was I way off base there!!!!

I feel like a Goody Two-Shoes now, but my itch to know has been scratched, so it was worth it.  I gotta remember I'm not in Kansas anymore when I come here.  ;)

Yes, we're more 42nd Street than Yellow Brick Road. If there's a reference that has possible multiple meanings and one of them is in the gutter...then that's probably the one I'm speaking of.  :D

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: MV on January 17, 2013, 04:27:39 PM
i've heard complaints now from two people who say the guy who runs the "people who miss art" group on facebook is a control obsessed cunt who deletes pretty much anything you post on there.  is that true?

whatever.  there's always coastgab.

So is the person who runs that site credible or not? He/she just posted a second message from Art.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 29, 2013, 11:37:56 PM
So is the person who runs that site credible or not? He/she just posted a second message from Art.

i haven't seen the post, so i can't say.  i don't have a facebook account.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: MV on January 29, 2013, 11:44:50 PM

i haven't seen the post, so i can't say.  i don't have a facebook account.

Okay, thanks.

FYI, here's the second message: ""I want you all to take a deep breath. I said we are talking, it is not yet a done deal. When I have details I will tell you all right here. It has to be the right deal!"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 29, 2013, 11:49:06 PM
Okay, thanks.

FYI, here's the second message: ""I want you all to take a deep breath. I said we are talking, it is not yet a done deal. When I have details I will tell you all right here. It has to be the right deal!"

based on everything else i've seen, i suspect that's the real art.

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: MV on January 30, 2013, 12:11:36 AM

based on everything else i've seen, i suspect that's the real art.

Okay, thanks. Your opinion carries weight!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: CrabbyOld Bat on January 30, 2013, 12:15:07 AM
Okay, thanks. Your opinion carries weight!

heh, well, you're welcome, but it shouldn't.

YNOT

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 28, 2013, 09:50:47 AM
   ...which is fine, but I prefer some shade with the light, and CG has that.

I couldn't have said it better.  There is realism on this site.  Besides the occasional obsessed fruitcake like Fort Rock, nobody here is trying to kiss anyone's ass.

Besides some pics of Art and family there isn't anything to the sight.  Art does have the sight "liked" on his FB page so maybe he likes having a cheering section.
I haven't seen him post anything on the sight, he seems to post on his own page.  Even his recent to posts about a radio show were screen capped and shared on the Fan page.

The Art Facebook fan page is just a bunch of AB suck ups IMHO.

On a slightly different note. Keith Rowland, Arts old Webmaster has a Facebook page for artbet.net
https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell.net

He posted this Jan 14th so its probably old news...

lonevoice

I wish I'd saved a screencap of Keith R's facebook post when he first made it.  Initially when he made the post it was full of suggestions about how Art could/should use new media, podcasts, the internet, etc.  for any possible show.  It was sometime after Art's post about being in negotiations for a radio show that Keith edited his post (imo to make it seem as though he knew Art was talking about actual radio all along).

I've also found it interesting that Keith R isn't among Art's 5,000 friends on his facebook page.  By contrast, Keith has the coasttocoastam official facebook page as one of his "likes,"  but not Art Bell's facebook page.

Keith is the registered owner of the domain artbell.net, whereas Art is still the registered owner of artbell.com.  I'm not sure I trust Keith.

YNOT

Quote from: lonevoice on January 31, 2013, 01:36:36 PM
Keith is the registered owner of the domain artbell.net, whereas Art is still the registered owner of artbell.com.  I'm not sure I trust Keith.

You may be right.... Here is a screencap within from the comments following the original post, you'll see at the bottom that Keith Rowlan alludes to maybe a falling out of some sort with Art?

YNOT

Oh Also,
     Keith strarted Artbell.net as a kind of  adjunct for the commemoritive CD He made of the old artbell.com website, (Which I bought when it came out.)

I don't believe he has ever tried to pose as having any specific ties to Art aside from being his old webmaster.

Morgus

Keith is apparently Richard Hoagland's webmaster still after all these years.
Hoagland still often refers to Keith as "Scotty" of his "Enterprise" website...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: lonevoice on January 31, 2013, 01:36:36 PM

that actually is bullshit for a nobody web developer to own the name of a famous radio host he used to work for.  quite lame.

Juan

Every time I see him, Jorch is wearing that purple shirt.  Is it the only shirt he owns, or does he own multiples?