• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 30, 2016, 09:41:45 AM
... I'd say that the 13  colonies saw the value of their raw materials and decided to alienate them for their own use, rather than send them to a faraway land they didn't need any more...

Interestingly enough, we don't have to guess what was on their minds.  They sent an angry Declaration of Independence to the King of England, spelling out a long list of grievances, each of which was a well documented, ongoing problem which they'd been pressing to resolve literally for years.  There was very little mention of purely economic issues. 

I suppose it could have been just a cover for greed, although several lost everything and ended up paupers...

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 30, 2016, 07:13:29 PM
Yes, they're all stupid racists who don't know what's good for them.

Let's just say that the pro-Brexit vote was more about what people were against than what they were voting for. The whole debate was short on details and heavy on rhetoric. These voters really don't know what price Britain will pay or whether they individually will come out ahead. Right decision or wrong decision, it's a shot in the dark.

ge30542

The Art Bell thread is dying a slow, ugly death.
(Art is bobo).

Hautex

Went to the Art Bell unlimited on tunein radio and it was Noory on there instead of Art....wtf...

TigerLily

Quote from: HAUnted TEXan on July 01, 2016, 08:14:01 AM
Went to the Art Bell unlimited on tunein radio and it was Noory on there instead of Art....wtf...

Please. Tell me you're joking. Don't scare (((TigerLily))) like that

Well, it does say unlimited

TigerLily

Quote from: Paper*Boy on July 01, 2016, 08:54:22 AM
Well, it does say unlimited

Wait. I listen to Ultimate (((Art Bell))). Same difference?

Juan

I've been thinking about that July 4th weekend three years ago when Keith made the exclamation point pink and posted fireworks.  It was an exciting time. We've gone through a lot since then.

TigerLily

Quote from: Juan on July 01, 2016, 09:06:07 AM
I've been thinking about that July 4th weekend three years ago when Keith made the exclamation point pink and posted fireworks.  It was an exciting time. We've gone through a lot since then.

My soul is dark now

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 30, 2016, 07:13:29 PM
Yes, they're all stupid racists who don't know what's good for them.

I'm not quite as harsh as you there. I'd say 'xenophobic' rather than racist. They distrust the Germans just as much as those dusky types from the east. I don't think that just because you never had any higher education that necessarily makes you 'stupid' either, but the stats bear out the fact that if you were on the 'leave' side you were much less likely to be educated to degree level or above. Although if you voted 'leave' to 'keep the Pakis out' then  you are a textbook moron. If they voted simply because of a fear of immigration then they certainly didn't know what was good for them, given that the  countries that were cited as possible models, like Norway and Sweden, had to accept immigrants to get access to the Single Market anyway.

So, we are broadly in  agreement, unless that post was an exercise in charmingly mischievous irony?

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 01, 2016, 09:33:37 AM
I'm not quite as harsh as you there. I'd say 'xenophobic' rather than racist. They distrust the Germans just as much as those dusky types from the east. I don't think that just because you never had any higher education that necessarily makes you 'stupid' either, but the stats bear out the fact that if you were on the 'leave' side you were much less likely to be educated to degree level or above. Although if you voted 'leave' to 'keep the Pakis out' then  you are a textbook moron. If they voted simply because of a fear of immigration then they certainly didn't know what was good for them, given that the  countries that were cited as possible models, like Norway and Sweden, had to accept immigrants to get access to the Single Market anyway.

So, we are broadly in  agreement, unless that post was an exercise in charmingly mischievous irony?

ItsOver

My biggest fear is Jorch will be greeting me at The Pearly Gates.  Jorch is too awful for even Satan to accept.  I may have to go to the dark side.

NXOEED

just saw the post on Facebook. Feel better, Art.

July 4 2015 The Blitz
July 4 2016 The Shitz

Robert

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 30, 2016, 07:10:05 PMIf the fascist elites want to sell an undemocratic 'United' Europe, run by them, they should probably come up with a better reason than 'security'.  This was supposed to be about knocking down barriers to trade, of course whenever given a tiny bit more power the globalists tend to grab much much more.  Right on schedule.
When I was little & learned about the Common Market, that sounded pretty good.  Nobody said it was just the beginning of a process that would lead to....

Robert

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on July 01, 2016, 10:41:45 AM
July 4 2015 The Blitz
July 4 2016 The Shitz
When do we get to the Schlitz?

See how Wolfie's got his tongue out reading that & looking for the Schlitz?  I'm so glad I made an avatar, works so well because he's looking at what I write, not looking at you.

norland2424

Art Bell
2 hrs ·
I am back the hospital again,details when I can spend time typing.
Art

TigerLily

Very best wishes, Art, for a quick recovery.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ge30542 on June 30, 2016, 10:22:06 PM
The Art Bell thread is dying a slow, ugly death.
(Art is bobo).

scottydawg

Well Art, don't want to say hang in there because you know how that will be misconstrued and beaten to death!
But if you see Father Martin, J.C. & Ramona standing at the foot of your bed, pack your spiritual baggage!
And if it comes to pass that you get a ghost pass to haunt a few people, who would you have in your top 10 list?   :o

Holy Moses, this WHOLE FORUM is like a ghost town. Anybody home?? Hello?? *tumbleweed dances in the swirling wind*

WOTR

Quote from: COguy on June 30, 2016, 10:43:12 AM
I am pretty sure what really bothers you is the inclusion of Mexico. Mexicans are not at all bad people. Grew up as a minority in a small agricultural town in Colo. Like any group of people sure some are assholes. But most are proud,hardworking,kind people.
Liar!  If there is one thing that I have learned from my time on Bellgab, it is that Mexicans are too busy running around joining drug cartels, raping Americans, running them down with uninsured cars, committing theft and using our education and healthcare resources to be "proud, hardworking and kind" as you assert.

(I should probably not be so limited in my claims of learning... I also learned that the holocaust is a hoax.) ;)

Rix Gins

Take care, Art.  Hope you are up and about by the 4th.

rangerdavid

Art is being kept alive by socialized medicine.  His buddy tRump will end that shit if elected, then we're stuck with Heather.

Hollow Man

Quote from: ItsOver on July 01, 2016, 09:48:23 AM
My biggest fear is Jorch will be greeting me at The Pearly Gates.  Jorch is too awful for even Satan to accept.  I may have to go to the dark side.

I'll put in a good word for ya.

ItsOver

Hollow Man

Quote from: TigerLily on July 01, 2016, 11:20:59 AM
Very best wishes, Art, for a quick recovery.

Indeed. Goddamn, take care, man. You've had a rough fucking time with this shit, but you'll get through it, whatever it is. Keep in touch. All hail the King of Nye!

starrmtn001

Quote from: norland2424 on July 01, 2016, 11:17:14 AM
Art Bell
2 hrs ·
I am back the hospital again,details when I can spend time typing.
Art

We love you Art, remember that.  A Forever Fan. ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 01, 2016, 02:44:29 PM

Ha!  Tiger Lily just lost her breakfast and lunch.