• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Étouffée on March 11, 2016, 04:32:14 PM
Somebody's using double reverse psychology here.  WHO IS IT?!

Not me.

albrecht

What the program manager, or Art, should do is forward the open-line calls to C2C Norry's number and, ideally, call Tommy (who would have to be in on the joke) and have him forward the C2C callers to Art at MITD. And watch the confusion on Norry if he gets an interesting question or better yet the 4chan and Art 'haters' just keep mentioning him or MITD or Heather. And Art would have fun dealing with the older, demented guests, the religious truckers, and the 911 truthers.

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: Mr. Fidget on February 27, 2016, 11:45:26 PM
Or at least follow through on his "soon" assertion, so I can collect my "I told you so"... there's not much soon left!!1
I'm guessing we will get a show . He's in a good place on the curve. If not, he said "expect me to do a show in the next 7 days"... not "I promise", or the like.

Expect.

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 11, 2016, 04:24:08 PM
Even if you disagree, at the very least you have to admit Noory paid his dues years before he even started hosting Coast to Coast.  He didn't start his career hosting a national radio show.  Rather he worked his way up.

He must have slept his way up though only God knows why anybody would want to get it on with Noory.

PKaiser

Quote from: ItsOver on March 11, 2016, 03:38:55 PM
It's like setting around, wating for the phone to ring, thinking it might be that hot date.  Instead, it's your mother.

Hear hear, well said! Made me laugh right out loud with that gem!

Tonight, tonight, tonight woahh ho,
Art is coming back tonight wooah ho

He's gonna tell us he never said there was a stalker. It will all be cleared up tonight.

chefist

Any evidence Art will host?

Lt.Uhura

It's too bad Art is personally offended by the nastiness seemingly directed at him on BellGab. These misanthropes are emboldened by the power of the Internet, and are likely equally nasty at every site they visit.  Maybe Steve Jobs and other IT pioneers were the Dr. Frankensteins of our times, by giving any monster the power to easily and anonymously communicate world-wide without ever leaving their basement.  We are clearly a society who was not sufficiently evolved to handle this level of mass communication.  Like giving a toddler the keys to the car and expecting him to navigate a crowded freeway. 

Quote from: chefist on March 11, 2016, 05:47:37 PM

nobody has posted anything. Art's "word" is on the line here. Not so long ago he made a point that he "never lies to anyone", so we wait and see.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 11, 2016, 05:58:37 PM
It's too bad Art is personally offended by the nastiness seemingly directed at him on BellGab. These misanthropes are emboldened by the power of the Internet, and are likely equally nasty at every site they visit.  Maybe Steve Jobs and other IT pioneers were the Dr. Frankensteins of our times, by giving any monster the power to easily and anonymously communicate world-wide without ever leaving their basement.  We are clearly a society who was not sufficiently evolved to handle this level of mass communication.  Like giving a toddler the keys to the car and expecting him to navigate a crowded freeway.

It wasn't much better when it was just Usenet and only those of us with an IQ of at least 180 were having discussions.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 11, 2016, 06:00:23 PM
It wasn't much better when it was just Usenet and only those of us with an IQ of at least 180 were having discussions.

Haha.  But advanced intelligence does not guarantee empathy and social skills.  Down's Syndrome people are remarkably kind and loving.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 11, 2016, 06:20:18 PM
Haha.  But advanced intelligence does not guarantee empathy and social skills.  Down's Syndrome people are remarkably kind and loving.

Exactly

Ms. C

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 11, 2016, 05:32:48 PM
Tonight's the night.  Gonna be alright.

Let's add another tune  'Tonight Tonight' from Art era even ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUh44qUOn6w

Zenman

Quote from: chefist on March 11, 2016, 05:47:37 PM

Hey, Chef. Well, I did see a cloud formation earlier that was kinda in the shape of the state of Nevada. Don't know if that helps.  :)

ItsOver

Quote from: Zenman on March 11, 2016, 06:52:21 PM
Hey, Chef. Well, I did see a cloud formation earlier that was kinda in the shape of the state of Nevada. Don't know if that helps.  :)
Ft. Rock's seen smoke signals.  So I've heard.

... However I wouldn't say Noory doesn't work hard.  Even if you disagree, at the very least you have to admit Noory paid his dues years before he even started hosting Coast to Coast.  He didn't start his career hosting a national radio show.  Rather he worked his way up.

He doesn't work hard NOW (or for the past 10+ years) on putting out a quality radio show.

He apparently busies himself making arrangements and going to conventions, arranging for books to be published in his name, doing his internet Gaiam show, talking to his agent, taking Tommy to lunch, taking Tommy to dinner, schmmozing program managers, schmoozing PremRat executives, reading email, reading BellGab, bothering people at work, looking for people to interview him, working potential advertisers.  On and on.  Everything except show prep.

That's during the day.  During the program he shows no sign of interest, of following the conversation, of having done any show prep.

Whatever it is he's doing, it isn't working on creating quality C2C shows.

inuk2600

So is Art on tonight or what?
Yeah Heather's improving and all that, but doggy wants a biscuit.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on March 11, 2016, 05:58:37 PM

Well, he could try being straightforward.  Only because jerking people around and making up ludicrous stories aren't really working out for him.  By the way, 'expect me to do a show' means hosting, not calling in.

#StayTuned
#BigNewsComing
#ExpectMeToDoAShowInTheNext7Days

chefist

Quote from: Zenman on March 11, 2016, 06:52:21 PM

Lol best indicator for this ride!

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on March 11, 2016, 07:15:22 PM
Ft. Rock's seen smoke signals.  So I've heard.

I miss Ft Rock...those spring/summer days of 2015 were super fun!

Faustina

Quote from: Roswells, Art on March 11, 2016, 03:41:29 PM
I worry that he'll just be a caller on open lines. It would be nice to hear him because damn can he talk, but that would suck kind of.

That's what I'm thinking, too:  he'll call in, have a short convo with Heather, probably about Trump, and that will be it.

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on March 11, 2016, 09:00:08 PM
I miss Ft Rock...those spring/summer days of 2015 were super fun!
It's been all downhill since Ft. Rock went MIA.

Faustina

Indeed Heather deserves a lot of respect for the work she puts in.   And her willingness to step into an impossible situation.  That is her saving grace and I believe over time she will improve her skills because of it. 

However I wouldn't say Noory doesn't work hard.  Even if you disagree, at the very least you have to admit Noory paid his dues years before he even started hosting Coast to Coast.  He didn't start his career hosting a national radio show.  Rather he worked his way up.

Noory DJ'd on local radio for years before making it onto National radio.  I appreciate his professionalism, while at the same time wishing he would take more days off so that one of the sharper weekend hosts could helm c2c. 

From Wiki:  "He began his radio career as a newscaster with Detroit station WCAR-AM.[4] From 1974â€"1978 he worked as a news producer and executive news producer at WJBK-TV in Detroit.[5] He would later serve as news director for KMSP-TV in Minneapolis[6] and as news director at KSDK-TV in St. Louis. He won three local Emmy Awards for his work in TV news.[4]
In St. Louis, Noory formed Norcom Entertainment, Inc., a company that developed and marketed video training films to law enforcement and security agencies.[7] In 1987, Noory and his partners in Norcom Restaurants, Inc.[8] opened the Café Marrakesh and Oasis Bar in Brentwood, Missouri. The restaurant's theme revolved around a fictional English soldier, Col. William Berry, who opened the establishment following an exciting secret mission to Marrakesh.[9]
In 1996, Noory hosted a late-night radio program called Nighthawk on KTRS in St. Louis, which caught the attention of executives at Premiere Radio Networks, syndicators of Coast to Coast AM.[1] Coast to Coast AM is a North American (United States and Canada) late-night radio talk show that deals with a variety of topics, but most frequently ones that relate to either the paranormal or conspiracy theories. In April 2001, Noory became a guest host for Coast to Coast AM before replacing Ian Punnett as the Sunday night host.[3] In January 2003, following Art Bell's retirement, Noory took over as weeknight host of Coast to Coast AM."

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on March 11, 2016, 09:32:57 PM
It's been all downhill since Ft. Rock went MIA.

He moved to Colorado... Then went Mia...I think he's deep inside Cheyenne mountain...

ge30542

Quote from: Faustina on March 11, 2016, 09:31:00 PM
That's what I'm thinking, too:  he'll call in, have a short convo with Heather, probably about Trump, and that will be it.
Trump HE'LL!  He'll tell Heather what a MARVELOUS, WONDERFUL job she's doing. That she gets better every day. Mark my words.

akwilly

I listened to a pod cast the other day and they said Arts wife Ramona was a wiccan. I did not know that