• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

That panda gif still makes me laugh.  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 01:29:04 PM
I don't see many real questions here, just a lot of fighting. MV and me are fine. I did ask him to review a post from DP after somebody told me it was Libel, he did as did I and I felt it was not libel so I told him to leave it, no problem. Then there was another message from KofK which was libel and he took it down.

The phone call threat came just before I went on air and I mentioned it to Heather but did not call the Police because I have had so many phone and email threats over the Years and learned that the Police always tell you people who talk do not do things and frankly I thought it was just some kid who heard all the on air stuff and wanted to pile on. Never the less Heather on her own decided to report it and when the Police asked me about it I confirmed it and did say I had not reported it for the reasons above and they agreed with me.

I am not supporting the Network in any way, it is supporting itself. Nor am I involved with it in any way. Keith and I remain friends. I have been helping Heather in every way I know how. She has retained many thousands of subs.

I may do a Gab Cast next Week if people want it, perhaps on Tuesday if that's what people want. I did sift through the messages but saw more fighting than questions.

As for the Stalker, we have a pretty darn good idea who it is but not enough proof to make a arrest or even say. The situation has not changed otherwise and my return to the air is something I might try without any prior announcement to test the waters. It still depends frankly on my Wife. Feel free to call me a pussy but this is not just my decision.

Art

Thank you for considering the GABCAST. I really do think it will go along way to silencing your critics.

I am sure that Curtis (themudking) or MV can either let you host it yourself (just work the board and phones for you) or just have you on as a cohost.

I don't have any questions, and as you rightly noticed, not many others do either. There are a few bottom feeding trolls, but most of us would be happier if you felt comfortable posting here like you did in the past, and hope someday you can be back on the air.

Roswells, and Semoer Fly

Auslandia

I don't see many real questions here, just a lot of fighting. MV and me are fine. I did ask him to review a post from DP after somebody told me it was Libel, he did as did I and I felt it was not libel so I told him to leave it, no problem. Then there was another message from KofK which was libel and he took it down.

The phone call threat came just before I went on air and I mentioned it to Heather but did not call the Police because I have had so many phone and email threats over the Years and learned that the Police always tell you people who talk do not do things and frankly I thought it was just some kid who heard all the on air stuff and wanted to pile on. Never the less Heather on her own decided to report it and when the Police asked me about it I confirmed it and did say I had not reported it for the reasons above and they agreed with me.

I am not supporting the Network in any way, it is supporting itself. Nor am I involved with it in any way. Keith and I remain friends. I have been helping Heather in every way I know how. She has retained many thousands of subs.

I may do a Gab Cast next Week if people want it, perhaps on Tuesday if that's what people want. I did sift through the messages but saw more fighting than questions.

As for the Stalker, we have a pretty darn good idea who it is but not enough proof to make a arrest or even say. The situation has not changed otherwise and my return to the air is something I might try without any prior announcement to test the waters. It still depends frankly on my Wife. Feel free to call me a pussy but this is not just my decision.

Art

Do what you've gotta do Art.  I'll listen to you on Gabcast or mitd or wherever you're broadcasting.

Quote from: BettyO417 on January 27, 2016, 01:01:00 AM
Welcome back Art! After all the falderal, hurt and anger because of your abrupt leaving most of us were reacting because we blown the hell away! Thank you for coming back to face the masses and put this behind us. A lot of us have been with you since the beginning. You Sir are a close family member to this group and thousands out there. It was an amazing and exciting homecoming in July that had been anticipated for Years! You finally come back home, had an issue, then split without a word except I'm Done. Disbelief took over like a tsunami. We understood protecting yourself and most of all your Girls. It had to be terrifying. On the other hand and In the blink of an eye you could have had America's finest Snipers, Seals, Militia etc at your door within minutes to protect all the AB's for as long as you needed. Guess with the mindset you were in, who do you trust? But that's the passion of those that have been with you so long. Then enter the trolls. They took a horrifying and complicated situation and ran with it.  Horrible stuff said. Tempers flared and accusations thrown without proof.
I believe to my core the only way to get past this is to get back on that horse and do what is in your heart. I'm sure help is available if you need it for safety concerns. This might sound strange, but your family just doesn't consist of the 3 AB's, it's WORLDWIDE! That's a whole lot of love and disfunction. So much more to say. Just hope you're ready in the words of McCartney/Lennon to "Get Back Where You One Belonged"! You've been Chosen. Your path is in place and no matter the obstacles you encounter the Universe won't release you until the time is right! Hope to hear you on MITD really soon. And I also apologize if I stepped out of line, but what can I say I'm a passionate lady! Again, thanks for coming back to us vaguely loveable BellGabbers...

;)

ART:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-7Z5S78gM

Element 115

Art

So we're in the same boat as when you left.  Ugh, I was hoping for some better news.

Freyja

Art, what if any feedback have you received from the affiliates who dropped MITD when you left? Will/would they be willing to pick up the show again if you decide to return? What about Cumulus?

After this last hiatus are you interested in doing a show 5 nights a  week or what would your intentions be?

How has your leaving affected the TT subscription rates?

What is Airyn's main objection to you returning to the air other than the "stalker"?

Element 115

Quote from: Freyja on January 27, 2016, 02:00:42 PM
Art, what if feedback have you received from the affiliates who dropped MITD when you left? Will/would they be willing to pick up the show again if you decide to return? What about Cumulus?

After this last hiatus are you interested in doing a show 5 nights a  week or what would your intentions be?

What is Airyn's main objection to you returning to the air other than the "stalker"?

I can't wait if he goes on Gabcast we can call in and ask him those good questions.  Hopefully, he replies here though.

GravitySucks

Art, what if any feedback have you received from the affiliates who dropped MITD when you left? Will/would they be willing to pick up the show again if you decide to return? What about Cumulus?

3rd one is easy. The rate went down from 7.99 to 4.99.

Art Bell

Of course when I made the statement I did it caused the big guys to go away, that's as I said on me but many of the others continue to air Heather. Yes the sub rate is back to $4.99 but also as I said many thousands remain and it is very viable.

At this point I honestly can not say if I will come back in any form at this moment for reasons  already mentioned. The only issue for us is the Stalker.

Art

Chronaut

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 01:29:04 PMAs for the Stalker, we have a pretty darn good idea who it is but not enough proof to make a arrest or even say. The situation has not changed otherwise and my return to the air is something I might try without any prior announcement to test the waters. It still depends frankly on my Wife. Feel free to call me a pussy but this is not just my decision.

Art

It’s always good to hear from you Art; I hope that all is peaceful and warm at your homestead.

Have you considered setting a trap for the stalker?  It occurs to me that it would probably cost less than $20K to hire a couple of good stealthy paramilitary guys with night vision to hide around your property and keep an eye out for the little creep, and you could lure him out by going back on the air.  Then they could apprehend him and hold him until the police arrived, and you’d at least have his name on record.  Even knowing who he is and having his identity on file with the Sheriff’s Office would give you and your family a lot more peace of mind than you have now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on January 27, 2016, 02:12:31 PM
Of course when I made the statement I did it caused the big guys to go away, that's as I said on me but many of the others continue to air Heather. Yes the sub rate is back to $4.99 but also as I said many thousands remain and it is very viable.

At this point I honestly can not say if I will come back in any for at this moment for reasons  already mentioned. The only issue for us is the Stalker.

Art

I PMd MV and themudking and asked them to coordinate setting up a GabCast with you. Hopefully this can happen. I think it would be fun for everyone and will help dissuade all of the whacked out conspiracy theorists.

There are a couple off people still pissed off about their Sirius radios though. 😎

phrodo

I don't see many real questions here, just a lot of fighting.

Art

Yeppir -- the little piggies are still oinking away.

I bet you can't say out loud .. but does the suspect's name rhyme with Lieo Asshat? Blink once for yes and twice for no.  ;)

What were the numbers on KXL like?

coaster

At this point I honestly can not say if I will come back in any form at this moment for reasons  already mentioned.
That was my only question. A lot of those subs are hanging on in hopes that you return to the show.

phrodo

At this point I honestly can not say if I will come back in any form at this moment for reasons  already mentioned. The only issue for us is the Stalker.

Art

Seems the affiliates weren't a priority in the first place right? Wasn't the original objective to simply to do the show online and do it your way? Then the stations started picking the show up and well .. reminds me of another saying ---
"When you're up to your ass in alligators -- it's hard to remember that your original objective was to drain the swamp."  ;D

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2016, 01:51:34 PM
Thank you for considering the GABCAST. I really do think it will go along way to silencing your critics.

I am sure that Curtis (themudking) or MV can either let you host it yourself (just work the board and phones for you) or just have you on as a cohost.

I don't have any questions, and as you rightly noticed, not many others do either. There are a few bottom feeding trolls, but most of us would be happier if you felt comfortable posting here like you did in the past, and hope someday you can be back on the air.

Roswells, and Semoer Fly

Please don't co-host, we could use answers to uncomfortable questions, lol.

;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: malachi.martini on January 27, 2016, 02:21:35 PM

Please don't co-host, we could use answers to uncomfortable questions, lol.

;)

I suggested to Curtis and MV that there be no other cohosts. That it just be one of them and Art.

But it is their baby... But don't worry, I won't be volunteering for awhile. I only did the last one to help Curtis test his new board setup.

p.s. You may have to cage up Showroom Dummy though. He will wet himself when he hears about this.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2016, 02:24:00 PM
I suggested to Curtis and MV that there be no other cohosts. That it just be one of them and Art.

Gracious of you.

Curtis is going to be a friend, MV is always understandably soft with Bell... We need another for balance, someone who will ask real questions... Freyja, Sredni?

onan

Art

OK, honest question, you have made a maybe statement of returning, perhaps unannounced. Is this a consideration of returning on a regular basis? If so, is there any assurance you would remain in the chair for any substantial amount of time? Yes, there is lots of infighting between the members here, but I am fairly sure everyone is concerned about another vacancy.

Freyja

Art

Thank you for your response Art  :)

I would like to drill down a bit further if I may.

Should the "stalker" situation be resolved to both your and Airyn's satisfaction, what would your plans be relative to MITD and your role within the program?...in other words, would you return to the chair?

I would also like to thank you for all the golden days of radio over the decades ( long time listener since 1994 and never made first time caller)

All the best to you and all the AB's regardless of what the radio/podcast world brings going forward!

GravitySucks

Quote from: malachi.martini on January 27, 2016, 02:29:03 PM
Gracious of you.

Curtis is going to be a friend, MV is always understandably soft with Bell... We need another for balance, someone who will ask real questions... Freyja, Sredni?

AND I AM NOT DOING SHOW NOTES DAMMIT!!!!

heater

Gracious of you.

Curtis is going to be a friend, MV is always understandable soft with Bell... We need another for balance, someone who will ask real questions... Freyja, Sredni?

while it would be awesome to talk to Art, I am not the right person to be sitting in that hosting chair.  Like most of you I look forward to hearing Art and MV have a chat and take calls.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 27, 2016, 02:24:00 PM
p.s. You may have to cage up Showroom Dummy though. He will wet himself when he hears about this.

lol

Showroom's great, and like you and Curtis, far too nice.

GravitySucks

Gracious of you.

Neither of them even listen to the show.  If there was going to be a third, I would recommend Showroom Dummy.

Art

1. Did you give Heather the go ahead to fire Peter Eberhardt?

2. Will you admit that you encouraged BellGab, through Ross, to embarrass Hoagland on air because of your little behind-the-scenes spat?

3. Do you see it as hypocritical to goof on Noory for his team's hollow libel threats toward MV, using "public person" as a defense, only to do the same thing a few months down the road?

GravitySucks

Quote from: malachi.martini on January 27, 2016, 02:34:22 PM
lol

Showroom's great, and like you and Curtis, far too nice.

Quit trying to get back on my Christmas list. What's done is done.

Freyja

Gracious of you.

Thanks for thinking of me MM!!

Not a great time for me at the moment as I am nursing a recently badly fractured (multiple) wrist, which is currently quite painful and I have to keep it elevated most of the time, however thank you for the honorable mention  :)

Art, did you ever pull the trigger and upgrade to Windows 10?  If so, I'm curious what you think of it.  I also figured that you may have a bit more free time nowadays.  I still get a chuckle out of hearing your old shows of you talking about Netscape and fighting Windows 98 printer drivers to the death.  Take care.

Night Train

I don't remember if it was on here, or on the People Who Love Art Bell page on Facebook, but a couple nights ago someone posted that it looked like people on Bellgab had resigned themselves to the idea that Art wasn't coming back, and they were moving on.  There was much talk about renaming the site, and the conversation about Art on this thread was dying down, and people were mainly discussing X-Files and other topics, and so it wouldn't be long before Art returned to Bellgab  to ensure that he's once again the center of attention.

And, just as predicted, Art does indeed show up.

Art, in your own freaky way, you're as reliable as clockwork.