• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

art back on tonight !!!   wow

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 28, 2015, 09:27:41 PM
I would give you credit for an honest admission. But that doesn't change a thing in terms of judging behavior. Trolls are a plague on the Internet, like spam. So, you're one of the more honorable trolls? What do you think that gets you?
I'm not sure. I'm not sure i'm trying to have it "get me" anywhere.

I'm not sure any discussion of anykind online is getting anyone anywhere anyways- It regressive towards real discussion unless you either have groupthink (high fives all around) or small, private groups.

Theres a fine line between debating and trolling and they usually bleed together online- At least for me.

So when theres an interesting event like this, and a segment of hardcore supporters, detractors and trolls will all meet on the virtual battlefield- I join the fray on the side I agree with... For no real reason or expectation of any gain other than to practice up for the flame wars of the future.

Seriously- And I dont usually attack other posters unless i'm attacked but I can instigate a bit. I try to stay on the topic but it always ends up a circular mess anyhow.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on December 28, 2015, 09:38:35 PM
art back on tonight !!!   wow

You know what the penalty is here for false rumoring, don't you?

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Meatie Pie on December 28, 2015, 09:21:11 PM
Well, you have groupthink and hero worship paired together, which is never good for independent thought.

Then the busiest hero worshipper of all is suddenly tapped to be AB's successor and the whole circle starts to make sense. (This also happened in the Church of Scientology, by the way)

It's the rank flattery that's hardest to watch of all.
Thats a really interesting take.

3OctaveFart

i would like to know precisely what kind of childhood he had.

His family was military, and so was mine, and that can leave a few skidmarks on a boy's life.

GravitySucks

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on December 28, 2015, 09:43:10 PM

I'm not sure any discussion of anykind online is getting anyone anywhere anyways- It regressive towards real discussion unless you either have groupthink (high fives all around) or small, private groups.

Theres a fine line between debating and trolling and they usually bleed together online- At least for me.

So when theres an interesting event like this, and a segment of hardcore supporters, detractors and trolls will all meet on the virtual battlefield- I join the fray on the side I agree with... For no real reason or expectation of any gain other than to practice up for the flame wars of the future.

Seriously- And I dont usually attack other posters unless i'm attacked but I can instigate a bit. I try to stay on the topic but it always ends up a circular mess anyhow.

Yeah except this is not some PVP experience. You are a little twit, that by his own admission is at the bottom of his peer group.  So this is all you got. You will tire soon, or a new RPG version will be published, and you will just be a little twit that was a pesty annoyance.

Ciardelo

Why is hoping for a successful show any more "groupthink" than the folks pissing all over it?

Value Of Pi

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on December 28, 2015, 09:43:10 PM

There may be a fine line but it's up to each poster to decide whether they want to step over it definitively and to judge in advance whether or not they're about to do so. Are you there to have a debate or play video games? That's one question to ask. Plenty of trolls play multiplayer war games because shooting other players, sometimes with cheats engaged, is just more fun for them.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 28, 2015, 09:52:06 PM
Why is hoping for a successful show any more "groupthink" than the folks pissing all over it?

That's a good question.  I get herding behavior and all that but the term insinuates that at least some of the group have surrendered their agency and how you'd actually determine that is beyond me.  I think it's another posture of superiority adopted by the wiser ones among us.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 28, 2015, 09:50:50 PM
Yeah except this is not some PVP experience. You are a little twit, that by his own admission is at the bottom of his peer group.  So this is all you got. You will tire soon, or a new RPG version will be published, and you will just be a little twit that was a peaty annoyance.
No, I've no 'peer group' anyhow to be at the bottom of. I'm more of a freelancer .

I will tire soon until Art returns and quits again. You'll still be here talking the same shit about noory because you're sad existence hinges on a radio show from the past. One that has been hosted by George Noory for far longer than Art - Trapped in a sad past that can never be again. Hanging on the words of a man who hasnt been relevant in a decade and a half, has let you down before and will do so again... Yet every crumb he tosses your way will give your pathetic existance a small perk- A reason to continue on mired in 'hope'.

You'll be here complaining about noory and trying to relive the glory years of the late 90s in another decade- Trolling the very same person for a lifetime because he has won and overshadowed your hero.

I'll be moving on, this is true, you'll be trapped.

[cue Twilight Zone music]

For eternity.

-Not being dramatic or anything either. ;)

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 28, 2015, 05:55:22 PM
Is it so hard just to pay Art his $4.99? Come on, that's less than you people pay for your Starbucks coffee you all swill down.

I wouldn't give him 9c.  Hoagie either.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 28, 2015, 09:34:18 PM
Yes, but you're one of those Disney trolls. Or maybe the Grinch That Stole Christmas (we want it back, by the way, BLM or not). That's another distinction.

I really am a heel.

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 28, 2015, 09:54:40 PM
There may be a fine line but it's up to each poster to decide whether they want to step over it definitively and to judge in advance whether or not they're about to do so. Are you there to have a debate or play video games? That's one question to ask. Plenty of trolls play multiplayer war games because shooting other players, sometimes with cheats engaged, is just more fun for them.

Honestly I mostly play co-op games. rarely do I play PVP games.

You do make an interesting point though. Debate and 'games' are kind of intertwined to me since I see debate as a sort of game. Not to get political but I'm a trump supporter (...I know) but I enjoy trolling trump supporters on news comments sometimes and debating the opposite side for the hell of it. So, idk.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 28, 2015, 10:01:39 PM
I wouldn't give him 9c.  Hoagie either.
Well, enjoy your bitter coffee sir. :)

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on December 28, 2015, 05:58:47 PM
Art is a Rock Star   a rock star of radio of sort   ...and rock stars act like this     quit the band     rejoin the band    --go on tour   quit the tour   re join the tour  quit the band again   reform the band       and last tour for band ever   but wait couple years   and again last tour ever for the band  again  -----a rock star who doesn't do drugs   but  a rock star that shoots himself in the foot   ect ect ect

Actually, no. 

Rock stars are by definition well known.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: rekcuf on December 28, 2015, 10:01:47 PM
I really am a heel.

That's a big step up from troll. If I had one of those "Everyone's A Winner" medals laying around, I'd pin it on one of your Alienesque appendages.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 28, 2015, 10:07:38 PM

Actually, no. 

Rock stars are by definition well known.
Point for P*B. I talk to my friends about Art Bell, they barely know who he is and might just be being polite when they nod their heads...that's why finding a forum is nice for the fans :)

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 28, 2015, 10:11:27 PM
Point for P*B. I talk to my friends about Art Bell, they barely know who he is and might just be being polite when they nod their heads...that's why finding a forum is nice for the fans :)

i agree and have seen the same thing -things change very fast and i guess being off for 10 years has that effect =

3OctaveFart

That's the thing, the stakes are so small.

It's like what Kissinger said about why the wars in academia are so vicious, because there's nothing meaningful on the line.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 28, 2015, 10:10:03 PM
That's a big step up from troll. If I had one of those "Everyone's A Winner" medals laying around, I'd pin it on one of your Alienesque appendages.

8)

Value Of Pi

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on December 28, 2015, 10:03:26 PM
Honestly I mostly play co-op games. rarely do I play PVP games.

You do make an interesting point though. Debate and 'games' are kind of intertwined to me since I see debate as a sort of game. Not to get political but I'm a trump supporter (...I know) but I enjoy trolling trump supporters on news comments sometimes and debating the opposite side for the hell of it. So, idk.

Now we're getting somewhere. This intertwining, as you put it, can be a real problem, particularly if it allows you support the master intertwiner and help make him the most powerful and influential person in the world. Reality is reality, games are games. Confuse the two at your own peril -- and in the case of presidential politics, ours.

Quote from: Value Of Pi on December 28, 2015, 10:20:04 PM
Now we're getting somewhere. This intertwining, as you put it, can be a real problem, particularly if it allows you support the master intertwiner and help make him the most powerful and influential person in the world. Reality is reality, games are games. Confuse the two at your own peril -- and in the case of presidential politics, ours.

I'm a master debater.  :P

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: Meatie Pie on December 28, 2015, 10:16:06 PM
That's the thing, the stakes are so small.

It's like what Kissinger said about why the wars in academia are so vicious, because there's nothing meaningful on the line.
Kissenger said that? Thats pretty wise and truthfully makes alot of sense. Ive never quite thought o it that way but, yeah.

You seem to have some real knowledge.

3OctaveFart

Thanks, but just another guy. I fart around on the Falkie Thread - you should check it out for choice trolling and kabuki theater. We're all pretty proud of it.

I just make it a point to go through my life not knowing what some celeb's balls taste like.

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on December 28, 2015, 10:23:02 PM
Kissenger said that? Thats pretty wise and truthfully makes alot of sense. Ive never quite thought o it that way but, yeah.

You seem to have some real knowledge.

Kissenger...  I agree with (the late) Christopher Hitchens opinion of Mr. Kissenger: "a stupendous lair with a remarkable memory."