• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Shastalexy

You HAVE to know that we think the best thing about you is being impulsive, We ride with it, We love that about you. It is the best and the worst thing about you. The worst because you take it so to heart. Of course you can take words back. Jeezzz Art. Just see how it goes. If the coast is clear, come back. Try filling in for a while.Heather could fill in for you. I really don't think you will see the guy again. ***I guess I need to post this on Bellgab**

There is NO NEED to think you can't take something back.....  Obviously if you catch the guy, you come back.  I think that is a given.  If this behavior stops, you fill in when you want.  Time is a great healer, as we all know. 

Taco Bell

My Art poster and Midnight shirt arrived in the mail today.

I believe.

CrazyLady

happy thoughts, everything will workout.....

starrmtn001

Quote from: Art Bell on December 16, 2015, 07:56:49 PM
This person may never be caught unless I catch him and hold him at gunpoint till the cops get here, or I think far less likely one of the random Police patrols gets him. I have chewed this over from a million angles and it still comes down to most likely a crazy person because you have got to be crazy to fire shots at the end of a dead end road.

I will say I reacted emotionally when my Wife said she had had enough but that's life I guess and of course I miss it. I could have said I would just take a break till we get this resolved but I said what I said and you can't take words back.

I have said that if time passes without incident I might do a show every now and then to give Heather a night off but will do so unannounced.

I am going to remain a BellGabber.

Art
I'm going to remain an Art Bell Fan.  Always have, always will.

Freyja

Quote from: Theodora on December 17, 2015, 12:22:15 PM

However, I still can't understand why you have left yourself and your family there, in the same place where the stalker may or may not return?  Yet, you felt scared and protective enough to just randomly "quit" the show after so much was invested.  It didn't change or solve the stalker situation.  Moving your family and yourself immediately from the premises if in danger, is how you protect yourself and your family. Quitting the show impulsively and randomly returning to the radio, while you stay in the same place doesn't in anyway make your family safer. In fact, it makes no sense and for that reason, people feel duped.  :-\

+1 ..EXACTLY...more than well stated!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Taco Bell on December 17, 2015, 01:40:13 PM

I believe.

Yeah, Keith should NOT shut down the shop.   Good for you for buying!

nika01

Quote from: Freyja on December 17, 2015, 01:53:33 PM

As much as I love to disagree with you, I am afraid that I can't in this case.

VtaGeezer

Pahrump Valley Times didn't exactly print a resounding validation of the saga; lots of "alleged" being used...

http://pvtimes.com/news/art-bell-halts-radio-show-after-string-alleged-events-residence.html

DanTSX

Quote from: Freyja on December 17, 2015, 01:53:33 PM

Who says he did?

He could be anywhere

Ciardelo

Quote from: DanTSX on December 17, 2015, 02:06:04 PM
Who says he did?

He could be anywhere
shhhh. ixnay on the ocationlay.

Still giving some MITD/Art Xmas gifts this year, the current situation notwithstanding.  Lots of people bitching about the Time Traveler subscription... but especially at $5/mo., I'm keeping it till the ship goes down.  Might be awhile before any of the shows are available on YouTube, and... I don't know, I'm with what some others have said... the last chapter of all this hasn't been written, I don't think.

RoseGirl

Personally....I'd pay five dollars to watch RCH and nbirnes mud wrestle for Art's time slot. Now THERE'S a GabCast!

Ciardelo

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 17, 2015, 02:03:47 PM
Pahrump Valley Times didn't exactly print a resounding validation of the saga; lots of "alleged" being used...

http://pvtimes.com/news/art-bell-halts-radio-show-after-string-alleged-events-residence.html
Local papers often downplay events that might hurt any perceived "image." Politicians do it too

That being said, why they haven't got a F.B.I CSI team all over that "fresh beer" makes me suspect this thing goes way, way up. I personally called for a Congressional Investigation but have they moved on it no. Several posters here have demanded a full accounting, report in PDF file format and a "not less than" one hour appearance from one Arther Bell to explain himself. 

Something rotten indeed is going on and we, as bat-shit crazy wingnuts must continue to propose theories, demands and questions until this horse has been properly beaten to a goo in the Nevada desert.

bellNwhistle

Well, to be fair, ALL The media loves the use of the word "alleged".. hell, if there was a picture of the shooter with the gun, and Art on the ground, they'd still use the word "alleged". I hate that... but dear me, we might be sued if we don't use it.

Darth

Quote from: Taco Bell on December 17, 2015, 01:40:13 PM

I believe.
Hey Mr Taco Bell. The profile pic that you are use is the guy who lick some tacos shell at the Ridgecrest Ca taco bell.

Quote from: Shalom! on December 17, 2015, 02:24:51 PM
maybe stopping the radio show will drive the Stalker even more crazy. I think Art should broadcast again, and invite the Stalker to call into the show to deliver his demands or say what he wants.

If you believe what Art has said, the guy gave his demand--get off the air or your family dies.  I guess I'd agree with the "flush him out and grab him" camp, but there's only one guy's opinion who matters, and it's none of us.

Taco Bell

Typical print media...always bashing radio!

Quote from: Darth on December 17, 2015, 02:29:27 PM
Hey Mr Taco Bell. The profile pic that you are use is the guy who lick some tacos shell at the Ridgecrest Ca taco bell.

Um, yes? I think I understand your confusing sentence...you seem short a suffix or two.

Darth

well art is a pussy and a quitter.

bobo17

Quote from: Jessicas Place on December 17, 2015, 08:52:07 AM
Well Art Bell

I am very sad for the dilemma you are in and I wish you the very best.  I am going to miss you very much, again.  There are only a couple of good hosts out there out of ALL THE ONES TRYING, that I personally can stomach.  Yes stomach.  Some are so bad they upset me biologically and I have to tune out.  With that said and with my reading you are a bellgabber... I am not sir... I thought I might be heard by writing this. 

What I must say is being done with a conscious that will not allow me to stay silent.  In a way it could be construed that it is happening again only this time we know right up front that YOU DID PICK THIS REPLACEMENT.  And for that gesture I have been giving it 'a chance'.  Unfortunately, I not only will be unsubscribing to MITD but there is no place on this green earth that I would ever recommend this now queerly bizarre show.

As I do not consider myself a bellgabber, this replacement is nobody special to me.  She is however one of your comrade's own.. who should be supportive, I think.  But for me personally it's a NOORY move and your show which took an enormous amount of blood, sweat a tears to materialize, now sucks!

She's a can't stomach kind of host with off the top of my head a dozen reasons why, but I won't make it anymore painful than I have to.  Simply put you have picked someone who no way in hell belongs on radio.  The idea that she is sitting in your place is just surreal to me.  A nightmare in fact!  I waited a dozen years for your return and I get her??  Well. No Way!  Noory taking your place was an apocalypse and this one you have chosen to end with is simply, the end! 

I am sorry to be blunt but with that part off my chest, I hope the psycopath(s) is/are caught immediately and that you can go back to your normal life very soon.  I was really enjoying hearing you again and in some way I guess I just consider it like a dream.  I honestly never thought I'd see that happen.  So I thank you for the memories.

Well said,  i have listened to radio for 50 years, starting with the great Larry Glick.  This "host" is the worst.  Time to shut this down until and when Art Bell comes back.  Its embarrassing
bobo17

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Darth on December 17, 2015, 02:33:58 PM
well art is a pussy and a quitter.

Speaking of which, was anyone else surprised to hear Art  quote the guy on the news who called Obama this? LOL!

deadmeow

All the mean trolls who are posting now, were listening to Art before he went off the air, and these same trolls will be listening when he comes back on the air.

albrecht

Who writes the news these days and are there no editors? Or is this one of those algorithm-generated stories that, apparently, are happening?
"According to a pair of release by the Nye county Sheriff's Office,"

Ciardelo

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 17, 2015, 02:46:29 PM
Speaking of which, was anyone else surprised to hear Art  quote the guy on the news who called Obama this? LOL!
I must have missed that. What show was it?

aldousburbank

Quote from: albrecht on December 17, 2015, 02:54:21 PM
Who writes the news these days and are there no editors? Or is this one of those algorithm-generated stories that, apparently, are happening?
"According to a pair of release by the Nye county Sheriff's Office,"
That my friend, is what the right money will get you in Pahrump.

albrecht

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 17, 2015, 02:57:07 PM
That my friend, is what the right money will get you in Pahrump.
Ha, yep!

Value Of Pi

Quote from: bobo17 on December 17, 2015, 02:46:08 PM
Well said,  i have listened to radio for 50 years, starting with the great Larry Glick.  This "host" is the worst.  Time to shut this down until and when Art Bell comes back.  Its embarrassing
bobo17

A trend in the corporate world over the past few decades is to promote people into positions they're not ready for. Handing out titles is much cheaper than handing out raises. The damage that these people do is often blamed by the powers that be on other factors, but employees know the truth.

You wouldn't expect this trend to take off in the acting world or the broadcast world because, obviously, if someone isn't up to the job, they couldn't avoid being nailed as the problem. But the Internet, with a very different financial model, is fertile ground for almost anyone to say "Hey, I can do this" and get on the air. At the same time, a flock of people will endorse the ingenue with a supportive, "everyone's a winner" enthusiasm.

The only really odd thing about the current replacement situation is Art Bell's role in it. Art is a good enough judge of talent to be able to know Heather's abilities for what they are. Sometimes people will pick a successor that makes them look good by comparison (Tiberious with Caligula in ancient Rome) but I very much doubt that anything like that is going on here. It's a mystery at this point. But anyway, your point is well taken, along with the point you were commenting on.

Soylentblue

Quote from: DanTSX on December 17, 2015, 02:06:04 PM
Who says he did?

He could be anywhere

Having worked in the newspaper business for over thirty years I know that there is a very good reason that they used the word "alleged".

Enough said.

Freyja

Quote from: nika01 on December 17, 2015, 01:59:28 PM
As much as I love to disagree with you, I am afraid that I can't in this case.

LOL...next time k?  ;)

Freyja

Quote from: starrmtn001 on December 17, 2015, 01:52:00 PM
I'm going to remain an Art Bell Fan.  Always have, always will.

So am I starr...that will never change, despite my opinions of this latest fiasco with Art.

Giving kudos, praise, criticism, questioning does not change that.

If we didn't care we would just walk away, wouldn't care and certainly not spend as much time as we do reading and posting, no? 

Catsmile

Quote from: Theodora on December 17, 2015, 12:22:15 PM
I understand trauma Art. My background is in the helping profession. So I recommend you and your family get help with this obvious trauma.

However, I still can't understand why you have left yourself and your family there, in the same place where the stalker may or may not return?  Yet, you felt scared and protective enough to just randomly "quit" the show after so much was invested.  It didn't change or solve the stalker situation.  Moving your family and yourself immediately from the premises if in danger, is how you protect yourself and your family. Quitting the show impulsively and randomly returning to the radio, while you stay in the same place doesn't in anyway make your family safer. In fact, it makes no sense and for that reason, people feel duped.  :-\

Alright you... YOU, DaveBot TROLL!!!!
Stop making sense!