• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on December 01, 2015, 06:46:08 PM
i am disappointed..yesterday when i checked in there was pages and pages i had to wade through..today..just 1..you people are not meeting the standard you set
Those nasty little neighbors from Falkie's snuck in this weekend but after I fumigated its been better. Just shoo out  any remaining pests and send them back if you see them

Quote from: TigerLily on December 01, 2015, 08:11:00 PM
Those nasty little neighbors from Falkie's snuck in this weekend but after I fumigated its been better. Just shoo out  any remaining pests and send them back if you see them

Maybe a bit of an exaggeration?

Rix Gins

Quote from: rekcuf on December 01, 2015, 08:08:54 PM
I wonder if he has a lawn? I'm guessing lava rocks or dirt.

I think he has referred to it as being "poof dust" if I heard correctly.

Quote from: Rix Gins on December 01, 2015, 08:42:31 PM
I think he has referred to it as being "poof dust" if I heard correctly.

Makes sense.

chefist

I thought KFMB 760 San Diego was suppose to start carrying MITD on Dec. 1st...nothing on their website...

trostol

Quote from: chefist on December 01, 2015, 08:51:42 PM
I thought KFMB 760 San Diego was suppose to start carrying MITD on Dec. 1st...nothing on their website...

maybe it will be delayed...looks like they have someone in the same slot time

zeebo

Quote from: chefist on December 01, 2015, 03:04:45 PM
The vibe was generally more positive on this thread... Not so much anymore...

Anyone who thinks this thread needs to be knocked down a notch since it's allegedly too pro-Art, just needs to read some of the live show chats.  Plenty of critiques there to show that honest expression from even the most ardent fans is alive and well on bellgab. 

It's actually my sense that Art finds this place interesting precisely because there's such open debate.  Sure it means exposure to various grumblings, sometimes unfair - but he's a pro, he can handle it. 

And I suspect or at least hope that this level of honesty makes the praise all that more sweet when it comes, because when we say it's great stuff, we really mean it.

chefist

Quote from: zeebo on December 01, 2015, 09:10:11 PM
Anyone who thinks this thread needs to be knocked down a notch since it's allegedly too pro-Art, just needs to read some of the live show chats.  Plenty of critiques there to show that honest expression from even the most ardent fans is alive and well on bellgab. 

It's actually my sense that Art finds this place interesting precisely because there's such open debate.  Sure it means exposure to various grumblings, sometimes unfair - but he's a pro, he can handle it. 

And I suspect or at least hope that this level of honesty makes the praise all that more sweet when it comes, because when we say it's great stuff, we really mean it.

Oh there has always been criticism of Art here... But some immediately start attacking each other as if they were Falkie asking for donations...

what's on deck for Art tonight?

Ufologist? Big Foot? Somebody really smart?

usually Jaz has a bio up of the guest by now

Quote from: Crash Folly on December 01, 2015, 09:52:42 PM
what's on deck for Art tonight?

Ufologist? Big Foot? Somebody really smart?

usually Jaz has a bio up of the guest by now

Looks like a guy who eats glass is the guest tonight.

I'll be tuning in. I will miss Mark Levin and the latest report from the "New York Slimes".

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 01, 2015, 07:22:25 AM
I find on nights when I'm not really that interested in the topic I really appreciate the crazy conglomeration of misfits on the island of lost toys that is Bellgab. However, if I'm really interested in what's being discussed on the show, sometimes I find the thread can be a bit too distracting and so I'll read and post much less.
There are some nights that thread stays somewhat on topic, and others where it is all over the place.  Much like you, I pick and choose which night I am active and which I am almost absent (and some nights I actually miss the show entirely- though not too many.)

Some nights reading 30 pages is too distracting and would take away from the interview.  Last night I posted over and over because I just do not believe in bigfoot, pterodactyls, mothman etc.  I enjoyed the show- but posting and reading comments did not detract from the show (at least for me).

Ciardelo

Quote from: WOTR on December 01, 2015, 09:59:21 PM
There are some nights that thread stays somewhat on topic, and others where it is all over the place.  Much like you, I pick and choose which night I am active and which I am almost absent (and some nights I actually miss the show entirely- though not too many.)

Some nights reading 30 pages is too distracting and would take away from the interview.  Last night I posted over and over because I just do not believe in bigfoot, pterodactyls, mothman etc.  I enjoyed the show- but posting and reading comments did not detract from the show (at least for me).
I did just the opposite--I wanted to have fun listening to the crazy man--all of the debbie downers chased me out lol I thought Art did what Art does best--he gave us chills with the red eyes thing and generally kept the stoner on track. :)

WOTR

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 01, 2015, 10:17:20 PM
I did just the opposite--I wanted to have fun listening to the crazy man--all of the debbie downers chased me out lol I thought Art did what Art does best--he gave us chills with the red eyes thing and generally kept the stoner on track. :)
It was not a bad show- just one that I did not feel like I had to pay a huge amount of attention to. I suppose that is what is great about the place... You can use it however you want to get the most enjoyment possible.  Post, don't post.  Post on topic, post off-topic.  I hope you enjoyed the crazy man.  I still have not checked what is in store for us tonight yet.

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on December 01, 2015, 09:59:21 PM
...Some nights reading 30 pages is too distracting and would take away from the interview.  ...

Yep I agree ... For shows I really want to hear I go old school and just listen.  I try not to read the thread on those nites as invariably I get sucked in.  I think though that open lines are great for real-time chatting since it's so random anyway.

Quote from: zeebo on December 01, 2015, 10:35:02 PM
Yep I agree ... For shows I really want to hear I go old school and just listen.  I try not to read the thread on those nites as invariably I get sucked in.  I think though that open lines are great for real-time chatting since it's so random anyway.

It's intoxicating isn't it?

Ciardelo

Quote from: WOTR on December 01, 2015, 10:26:37 PM
It was not a bad show- just one that I did not feel like I had to pay a huge amount of attention to. I suppose that is what is great about the place... You can use it however you want to get the most enjoyment possible.  Post, don't post.  Post on topic, post off-topic.  I hope you enjoyed the crazy man.  I still have not checked what is in store for us tonight yet.
Admittedly, I was tired after a long day, as I am today too. I did enjoy the crazy man and Art. I'm probably going to get into my jammies and curl up in bed around a bluetooth speaker for tonight's offering too :)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on December 01, 2015, 10:35:02 PM

I do the same for shows I really want to hear, however I find the show threads enhance the show for me most nights.

Amy Martin...naked while reading the news? I say yes.

norland2424

Quote from: rekcuf on December 01, 2015, 10:43:36 PM
Amy Martin...naked while reading the news? I say yes.

Unless its a Hoagland style " radio with pictures" it wont end up doing you any good.

Quote from: norland2424 on December 01, 2015, 10:51:59 PM
Unless its a Hoagland style " radio with pictures" it wont end up doing you any good.

Maybe she'll read this and make it happen.

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 01, 2015, 05:47:30 PM
What do you suppose Jorch is staring at in that photo? Was Tommy putting on a sock puppet show or something?

Yes!  With Jorch's favorite pink sock!

Morgus

Yeah I wonder what happened?
Its not listed on the artbell.com radio stations list and the KFMB 760 radio website schedule has Mark Levin in the 9pm-12am PT timeslot and Red Eye radio after that.
Need to ask Art Bell about this!

paladin1991

Quote from: Morgus on December 02, 2015, 01:54:42 AM
Its not listed on the artbell.com radio stations list and the KFMB 760 radio website schedule has Mark Levin in the 9pm-12am PT timeslot and Red Eye radio after that.

Corn hole ART.  I was listening to KABC 790 tonight on the way home fm work.  They were talking about hockey, I think.  I get constant jamming on that freak.  I can't believe they dropped ART for some bullshit sporting event.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 01, 2015, 05:47:30 PM
What do you suppose Jorch is staring at in that photo?...

The clock of coursh. 

In this photo George wistfully realizes he has 3 more long hours to go before the show is over.

Quote from: Morgus on December 02, 2015, 01:54:42 AM

I tuned in and it was Levin last night.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: TigerLily on December 01, 2015, 08:11:00 PM

Where would we be without you, sir? I imagine you keep plenty of fumigants lying around the house - I expect the smell of cats gets rather overpowering at times. It's not actually a crime to have another opinion, you know? I notice that the forum Nazis are also the ones with the least to say. If you spent less time on your Sunday school moralising, and more time coming up with something actually worth reading then perhaps you'd feel less need to berate other people. If we kept to your template then this place would be like all those other Art Bell fan sites that have popped up like soap bubbles over the last few months - run by lonely old women whose only joy is getting a shout-out from the great man.

I imagine your ideal would be a forum where nobody posts at all. Great job! Lots of posts saying "great show, Art!". "You da man, Art!". And how long is that sort of thing going to last before people go off and do something more interesting - like eating their own toenails? If you lack the wit to play then nobody says you must, but don't bother acting as some self-appointed referee because it's pathetic. All those people who moaned about us the other day refused to recognise that it actually made the place interesting for a while. You might pretend to sniff, but you enjoy the controversy like anybody else.

You don't get an oyster without a bit of grit, and we are the grit. So STFU!  :)

BellBoy

Great show, Art!

You da man, Art!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 02, 2015, 08:46:26 AM

You don't get an oyster pearl without a bit of grit, and we are the grit. So STFU!  :)

Bloody southerners. Pearls..necklaces are made of them...Even cat ladies have necklaces...

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 02, 2015, 09:40:20 AM
Bloody southerners. Pearls..necklaces are made of them...Even cat ladies have necklaces...

Don't worry, you'll get your pearl necklace alright, you saucy tart!

I'd like to say that was a deliberate mistake, but I done fucked up there. Mea culpa!  :-[