• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ziznak

Quote from: zeebo on December 02, 2015, 04:32:04 PM
Not sure if it got lost in the latest collapse of this thread, but for the record, I was joking about that.  :)

Maybe kind of a hint as to what a cauldron of conjecture this place can be got that such an idea would even get any traction.   ::)

mmmmhmmmm... I think you were trying to get all the mice on bellgab pissed off.  Don't be a squirell-troll-bellgabber

chefist

Quote from: BellBoy on December 02, 2015, 04:47:42 PM
Seriously? Just look at your icon:

He's absolutely fucking gorgeous! I'd fuck him and I'm straighter than Yorkshire Pud.  ;)

YP is straight?

VtaGeezer

So how many times must I post "Art, you da man" during the show as penance for thinking that the guy who reports seeing shadow people, a massive UFO, OBE, etc just may have puffed up an incident at the homestead for effect.

Zenman

Quote from: BellBoy on December 02, 2015, 04:37:48 PM
Damn squirrels, always stirring the shit and getting us fighting among ourselves.

Lol. This happens. Squirrels have shut down entire states by inadvertently (or "advertently") shorting out power stations. And you can't be sure of their intentions no matter how nicely they dress.

Sounds like an interesting show tonight tho. That's the main thing.

I like the "behind the scenes" idea.

CornyCrow

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 02, 2015, 06:59:30 PM
So how many times must I post "Art, you da man" during the show as penance for thinking that the guy who reports seeing shadow people, a massive UFO, OBE, etc just may have puffed up an incident at the homestead for effect.
Because there are lots of people who have had odd experiences.  That does not make them hucksters.  It only makes you unfortunate.

I clicked on the top right corner

where it took me, I cannot describe. You are a cruel person

TigerLily

In my opinion, I can cry foul when there are pages and pages of "speculation" and "opinion" about Art being "delusional "insane",inferring he is senile, lying to increase ratings, lying to prepare for quitting, manipulating, etc. etc.

So that was theiropinion. They have the right to post it. But I have the right to myopinion that it was bored little trolls trying to stir shit up. And call them on it.

Just because now they wring their hands and say it wasn't meant to be slanderous, only innocent opinion.  Sorry, not buying it. But that is just my opinion

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 02, 2015, 09:53:02 PM
In my opinion, I can cry foul when there are pages and pages of "speculation" and "opinion" about Art being "delusional "insane",inferring he is senile, lying to increase ratings, lying to prepare for quitting, manipulating, etc. etc.

So that was theiropinion. They have the right to post it. But I have the right to myopinion that it was bored little trolls trying to stir shit up. And call them on it.

Just because now they wring their hands and say it wasn't meant to be slanderous, only innocent opinion.  Sorry, not buying it. But that is just my opinion

Grrrrrrrrrrreat

Mastodonkey

Should be a good one tonight. anything besides the lightbulb eater at-least

Sean92008

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 02, 2015, 01:57:29 AM
Corn hole ART.  I was listening to KABC 790 tonight on the way home fm work.  They were talking about hockey, I think.  I get constant jamming on that freak.  I can't believe they dropped ART for some bullshit sporting event.

Yes, sports take a priority over AB, I knew this was coming but some BG-er was like "that's way off..."

I'd hope that KFMB was running now but it could be that they want to start on a Monday.  I hope they run him live for the proper 9-Midnight (PT) run, then I'd be able to roll up the dial to 790 and hear the first hour again, just like the old days with C2Cw/AB.

Ciardelo

He's absolutely fucking gorgeous! I'd fuck him and I'm straighter than Yorkshire Pud.  ;)
Yeah...I get that a lot...it's a blessing...and it's a curse.

trostol

open lines now on tap for tonight

Lt.Uhura

Waiting for Art to get McAfee on his show.  Talk about a "weird" guest, lol.  He does present an interesting scenario here though.  Perhaps we do have equally potent EMP weapons, and what if we engaged in a worldwide 'MAD'-like communications Armageddon... How would we humans (of all races and cultures) continue to spew hatred toward one another without the dehumanizing safe zones of social media?  Could we maintain our divisiveness if we were forced to make regular eye contact with our perceived enemies? 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3343354/Could-hi-tech-doomsday-weapon-wipe-America-New-report-warns-military-failed-pace-China-Russia-electromagnetic-warfare.html

zeebo

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on December 02, 2015, 10:56:58 PM
Waiting for Art to get McAfee on his show.  Talk about a "weird" guest, lol.  ....

I'd like to hear about those botanical experiments he was supposedly doing in the tropics.

ge30542

It ain't easy being pretty.
(and it ain't pretty being easy)

zeebo

Thanks Art, for going to Open Lines tonite.  Although I was really looking forward to the scheduled show, sometimes it's important just to confront current events in real time.  Good call.

paladin1991

He's absolutely fucking gorgeous! I'd fuck him and I'm straighter than Yorkshire Pud.  ;)

What the fuck does that mean exactly?  A pretzel is straighter than the Pud.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 03, 2015, 01:24:17 AM
What the fuck does that mean exactly?  A pretzel is straighter than the Pud.

You sweet talking bastard. Later in the usual place?

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 03, 2015, 02:09:35 AM
You sweet talking bastard. Later in the usual place?

If you are late again....I'll be ever so cross with you....and you ~ know ~ what that means.

paladin1991

Now don't bother me,  I've got to find my kid's cell phones so that I can dial up Dick Hoaxland's show.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 03, 2015, 02:17:04 AM
Now don't bother me,  I've got to find my kid's cell phones so that I can dial up Dick Hoaxland's show.

"Dad, why has all the credit on my phone been used up?"

BellBoy

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 03, 2015, 02:23:57 AM
"Dad, why has all the credit on my phone been used up?"

"Well son, someone has to teach that man a lesson!" "I'll show him useless eaters!"

AppealPlay

Tonight's a show for Aldous. :D

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on December 03, 2015, 05:13:38 AM
Tonight's a show for Aldous. :D

I think I may have to pass on it.  I'll catch the opening but I am not fond of pot for personal reasons.

AppealPlay

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 03, 2015, 05:28:37 AM
I think I may have to pass on it.  I'll catch the opening but I am not fond of pot for personal reasons.

I've never used marijuana but I'm in favor of legalizing it as well as the other drugs people abuse.  The drug war is a failure.

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on December 03, 2015, 06:37:06 AM
I've never used marijuana but I'm in favor of legalizing it as well as the other drugs people abuse.  The drug war is a failure.

I've used it despite my better judgement.  It did nothing for me.  My problem is that it was a gateway drug for my brother.  He's dead now.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: TigerLily on December 02, 2015, 09:53:02 PM

We've been through this, dear. I've sat on chairs whose opinion I value more than yours. You can say whatever you like, but unless you back it up with something substantive then it is worth precisely bugger all. By calling someone a "troll" you are indulging in the sort of labelling that gets confused for intelligent debate these days. It seems that anybody who has an opinion that is not mainstream ends up finding themselves the subject of a personal attack; it is lazy bullshit, and allows the attacker to respond while not actually addressing the argument itself. So, you are "racist", "homophobic", "transphobic" (god help us!) or whatever, if you happen to mention something that falls, however tangentially, into those areas. And, no, for all you idiots out there, I am not calling Art Bell a black, gay shemale! Although, now you mention it...

I think it's interesting that the two people who have been called trolls have one thing in common (not simply that they are both charming and handsome, and possessed of awesome sexual stamina): they are both Brits - or, if you prefer, Limey trolls. I think this is where we have an advantage over you. If you had a monarchy you'd be much less likely to fall into the trap of worshipping people. It seems that a lot of you have to bow down to someone or other, whether it's Almighty Lord Jaysus, or some pop culture celebrity. I am pretty sure the cult of celebrity originated from over there. Because we have a bunch of flap-eared morons called the Royal Family who, supposedly, demand nominal respect, we often see through stuff like this and aren't afraid to tell the Emperor that he's hanging it out in the breeze. That tends to be what sets us apart, for better or worse, from most other countries. We could never have someone like Hitler come to power here because we'd be too busy laughing at him. On the other side of the coin, it means we don't always take things as seriously as we should. And, no, once again, I am not calling Art Bell a racist genocidal maniac. Although, now you mention it...

I keep trying to think the best of people, but I am always falling into the same trap of overestimating people's intelligence. Art's a big boy. He also knows that it is far better to be talked about, in his profession, than not. The sort of stuff we see here reminds me of a child with a bunny rabbit who loved it so much she squeezed it to death. These self-appointed arbiters don't realise how silly they are, because all they do is stifle anything interesting or amusing. My idea of a troll is someone who goes around being deliberately unpleasant. It's boring and destructive. Trying to pose alternative points of view is neither of those things. You can choose to disagree, or you can ignore it, but calling somebody names just makes you look an idiot. The same goes for those bloody fools who go on about thread derailing - if you don't like it then come up with something of your own and, if it's interesting, people will talk about that instead, problem solved!

And, yes, I continue to be hot for you. You remain one of the few females on here with whom I haven't made the beast with two backs. Although I detect a noticeable waning of sales resistance if those PMs you keep sending me are to be believed.  ;)