• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jerry

replay is not working either... keeps repeating

Quote from: flimflam384 on October 19, 2015, 10:18:52 PM
If the idea of being a Darth makes you frown, and doesn't make you revel and grin and giggle like a schoolgirl at the idea of whole worlds falling to your power as lightning courses from your fingertips as it does me, then you probably should stick to the Jedi ways... just sayin'.

I decided to embrace my dark powers!

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on October 19, 2015, 10:42:19 PM
Now a replay of the Andrew Bisiago show is playing on the AAC dark matter stream right now.

That's what I'm getting, sort of.  This nite is like an audio blender.

Uncle Duke

In the words of the dolphins, "So long, and thanks for all the fish".

Morgus

Art just posted this on his facebook page:
Can you hear me now? The Internet in Phoenix has failed taking this out of my heartbroken hands. Damn I wanted to do this show but a single point of failure failed. Check back here for details.

LouSheehan

Quote from: Morgus on October 19, 2015, 10:46:24 PM
The show before Art on DMDN (Future Theater) was having some dropout and technical issues too.
Yeah, but at least some were attributable to my inept use of Skype/getting the correct skype call-in number.  I can't speak for the one guest.

flimflam384

Quote from: Darth Sandra on October 19, 2015, 10:50:47 PM
I decided to embrace my dark powers!

I knew you could see reason.

phrodo

Sounds like Art needs a backup for the backup. Or a plan C for after plan B fails. Or as they call it in the broadcast biz -- a dual redundancy system. That's why you see news anchors with two lapel mics -- the second is for if the first fails. Art needs a triple-redundancy system. Especially with premrat trying so hard to scuttle the SS Bell. 

Weirdoradio

Quote from: phrodo on October 19, 2015, 11:49:41 PM
Sounds like Art needs a backup for the backup. Or a plan C for after plan B fails. Or as they call it in the broadcast biz -- a dual redundancy system. That's why you see news anchors with two lapel mics -- the second is for if the first fails. Art needs a triple-redundancy system. Especially with premrat trying so hard to scuttle the SS Bell.

I'm wondering if there's a way to maintain an "off site" backup (with prepackaged replay episodes ready) to feed to affiliates et al when this occurs. Unfortunately I know little of their communication chain so I'm talking some shit but I'm just curious if there are viable alternatives.

Quote from: Zenman on October 20, 2015, 01:22:43 AM
8:58PM

Hmm..

I had the same HMMM factor, too.

There are no "coninshidenches," some would say.

In this circumstance, you can conclude: Outage me once, shame on you. Outage me twice, shame on me.

Outage a third time?
A conspiracy.

AppealPlay

Quote from: HorrorReporter on October 20, 2015, 03:06:04 AM
I had the same HMMM factor, too.

There are no "coninshidenches," some would say.

In this circumstance, you can conclude: Outage me once, shame on you. Outage me twice, shame on me.

Outage a third time?
A conspiracy.

I wish it was a conspiracy.  That would be fun!  Unfortunately I think it's just technical issue at a facility in Arizona.

AppealPlay

Quote from: jazmunda on October 20, 2015, 04:25:37 AM

Art is a master of spinning a yarn.  Love it!  IT'S A CONSHPEERASEE! :D

Love this ride so much. ;D

CornyCrow

I heard Art for a short time before they started that replay.  He said he was told the problem was caused by Phoenix.  How horrid.  He was probably going to announce Phoenix online and then this happened.  I really wanted to hear last night's show, too.  It's a good thing I didn't have that 12 midnight cup o' java.  Oh, well, they'll reschedule.

AppealPlay

Quote from: CornyCrow on October 20, 2015, 04:54:08 AM
I heard Art for a short time before they started that replay.  He said he was told the problem was caused by Phoenix.  How horrid.  He was probably going to announce Phoenix online and then this happened.  I really wanted to hear last night's show, too.  It's a good thing I didn't have that 12 midnight cup o' java.  Oh, well, they'll reschedule.

Jacobs is rescheduled for tonight.  He's retired now so I guess his schedule is pretty open.

jazmunda

Quote from: BobGrau on October 20, 2015, 04:08:12 AM
Phonix? We need Eddie Dean under the desk.

You're not the first guy to say this.

inuk2600

Quote from: BobGrau on October 20, 2015, 04:08:12 AM

Phonix? We need Eddie Dean under the desk.

Is that where DMDN is?
Too bad the back up connection was not up to the task.  I noticed there is an internet exchange in phoenix. Maybe a connection to one of the members tied into the IX would be more resilient?

http://www.phoenix-ix.net/participants.html

phrodo

I wonder if the timing of the crash was related to Star Wars tickets going on sale last night... I hear the internets were flooded with fans trying to be the first kid on their block with tickets to the opener.  :o

chefist

Come on! It's clearly the fault of the Phoenix Lights!

b_dubb

finger pointing without finger pointing

wr250

Quote from: chefist on October 20, 2015, 07:45:47 AM
Come on! It's clearly the fault of the Phoenix Lights!
and here i thought it was the fault of andre the sasquatch.

BellBoy

Quote from: b_dubb on October 20, 2015, 08:01:34 AM
finger pointing without finger pointing

It's a genuine mystery.

ItsOver

Damn Sirius.  Wait a minute...

inuk2600

Quote from: BellBoy on October 20, 2015, 08:16:55 AM
It's a genuine mystery.

There's so much wrong with the world: Noory, Leo, Falkie, Horn... etc
Get your priorities straight.

Could be Leo or it could be Coast? The villains multiply. The problem is not over here.

ItsOver

At least there's another topic for tonight's GabCast.

chefist

Quote from: wr250 on October 20, 2015, 08:05:54 AM
and here i thought it was the fault of andre the sasquatch.

Well he was an alien robot! So that is still plausible...