• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

PING

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 18, 2015, 10:02:34 PM
Are you able to post the link?

Since I don't want Premiere/Iheart lawyers giving me a colonoscopy I won't post a link. But if you google "art bell 2.26.99 kenny young" the very first link should serve you well...

LouSheehan

Quote from: Starshina on October 18, 2015, 10:00:53 PM
I really like Jim Al-Khalili, does a lot of work for the BBC, great radio voice and I think would be good for a long-form interview with Art about CERN or quantum biology.
You are soooooo right.  Al-Khalili is wonderful. Have you seen his 3 part vdeo on the 'atom'?  It can be found on youtube sometimes.

LouSheehan

Quote from: PING on October 18, 2015, 10:13:33 PM
Since I don't want Premiere/Iheart lawyers giving me a colonoscopy I won't post a link. But if you google "art bell 2.26.99 kenny young" the very first link should serve you well...
Many thanks.

PING

Quote from: chefist on October 18, 2015, 10:04:13 PM
It quickly went from joking to being VERY, VERY serious...the police and dispatchers were clearly agitated and nervous...one police officer actually went back to the station and picked up the dispatcher making the jokes so she would be convinced....

If you listen closely you also hear the cops say a few words that break Art's #1 rule for calling into MITD

LouSheehan

Quote from: b_dubb on October 18, 2015, 10:11:58 PM
You've posted your email address for everyone / every bot to see. Damn crazy.
Me? If so, live and learn and thanks. 

chefist

Quote from: PING on October 18, 2015, 10:15:35 PM
If you listen closely you also hear the cops say a few words that break Art's #1 rule for calling into MITD

You are right! Art actually talked about it! He didn't want to cut the words out as it leant to the authentic nature of the event...these police officers were very frightened...

One just made the comment, "they won't tell us what is happening anyway if it has to do with the military." An amazing statement!

PING

Quote from: chefist on October 18, 2015, 10:18:16 PM
You are right! Art actually talked about it! He didn't want to cut the words out as it leant to the authentic nature of the event...these police officers were very frightened...

One just made the comment, "they won't tell us what is happening anyway if it has to do with the military." An amazing statement!

The air traffic controller at the military base got me. Less interest in random objects in the sky than Dave has in anything besides his paycheck.

I have a road trip this weekend with 2 friends. I may relisten to that in the car so they KNOW I'm certifiably batshit crazy. They already think so, this will comfirm it.

chefist

Quote from: PING on October 18, 2015, 10:26:21 PM
The air traffic controller at the military base got me. Less interest in random objects in the sky than Dave has in anything besides his paycheck.

I have a road trip this weekend with 2 friends. I may relisten to that in the car so they KNOW I'm certifiably batshit crazy. They already think so, this will comfirm it.

A perfect show for the non believer! It went from a jokey dispatcher dismissing all of it to everyone crapping their pants! Perfect show for the road!

PING

Quote from: chefist on October 18, 2015, 09:44:59 PM
YES SIR! Wow, just really, really good! Art's voice now in 2015 actually sounds a little deeper and more flavorful!

That's the HUGE difference with Dave & Art. This show & either appearance with Ed Pankau are always must listens.

Dave is playing solitaire & reading pre-made questions for the guests, counting the time til he can have pizza rolls.

Art is listening to his guests & engaged. The Kenny Young episode & the Pankau episodes, Art is interacting with them & commenting on what's said (or played in case of Kenny.) You can feel the enthusiasm Art has for the subjects.

Chefist if you haven't, listen to the Ed Pankau episodes. There are 2 of them. They're awesome. Sadly he can't be a MITD guest except as an EVP either as he passed away as well.

On that note I need my beauty sleep. You kids play nice lol

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 18, 2015, 09:54:21 PM
Hoagland treated Ross like crap, refused to pay him, said he owned him, told him that he was more important than Ross's family etc. You know, psychopath stuff. So Ross bolted and the wrath of Bellgab fell upon RCH.

how do we know any of this to be true?

jazmunda

New clip up on the Official YouTube Channel. I think there will be quite a few new releases this week because we have so many ready to go.

https://youtu.be/AvbhvXT766Q

Thanks to lonevoice for the suggestion.

If anyone else has a suggestion for a portion of the show to be showcased on YouTube please send me a PM.

LouSheehan

Quote from: MV on October 18, 2015, 11:00:50 PM

IF discussed previously, perhaps very specific links/specific page numbers.  Otherwise?

LouSheehan

Quote from: PING on October 18, 2015, 10:26:21 PM

It is a good tape.

K_Dubb

Quote from: MV on October 18, 2015, 11:00:50 PM

Mostly by inference.  Rossy's always defended Hoagie and he let the post to which Michael links stand.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: K_Dubb on October 18, 2015, 11:25:59 PM
Mostly by inference.  Rossy's always defended Hoagie and he let the post to which Michael links stand.

the post michaelfromva linked:

Quote from: ayala on October 13, 2015, 03:48:33 PM
I am sending this message to you all so you can know the truth. Rossy was driven out by Richard Hoagland who refused to pay him a penny. He told Rossy that he owned him and pushed him around like a slave.You can not even begin to guess how badly Rossy was treated. He was told that he had to put Richard ahead of his Family all the while refusing to pay him a cent. If you do not buy this ask Rossy yourself, he was insulted and made to feel like a slave so he quit. If you knew the truth it would make you sick. I am writing this because I just feel it is so very wrong, he may well not wish to speak of it but this is the sad truth.

i did see the above quoted post when it was submitted.  however, it's rather worthless information since i have no idea who ayala is or what this person's motives are.  anybody can come on a forum and say anything.  it's rather useless if the source can't be validated.

i'm now receiving private messages telling me, essentially, "hey, the source is anonymous but it's credible.  trust me."  here's (most of) the response i sent to one of these messages:

if the source wants to spread this stuff behind the scenes knowing it will be inevitably spilled on the forum by someone, the source should grow a pair and just come out to say what happened.  he/she should own it.  the source's credibility, in my view, is already eroded by this shadow campaign tactic to spread negative information about rch without publicly owning the comments.

Quote from: MV on October 18, 2015, 09:40:42 PM
i'd know who the bassist is from happy kyne and the mirthmakers before i'd know who "solaris" is.
I skipped over all the comments that followed this, MV, to tell you that this made me laugh so good and so out loud; it felt great!

Fred Willard was brilliant in F2Nite, and I loved that show dearly.
Praise MV.

AppealPlay

Quote from: MV on October 18, 2015, 11:34:18 PM

i did see the above quoted post when it was submitted.  however, it's rather worthless information since i have no idea who ayala is or what this person's motives are.  anybody can come on a forum and say anything.  it's rather useless if the source can't be validated.

i'm now receiving private messages telling me, essentially, "hey, the source is anonymous but it's credible.  trust me."  here's (most of) the response i sent to one of these messages:

Everyone has to make up their own mind.  I don't have anything else to add, really.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Étouffée on October 18, 2015, 11:40:15 PM
I skipped over all the comments that followed this, MV, to tell you that this made me laugh so good and so out loud; it felt great!

Fred Willard was brilliant in F2Nite, and I loved that show dearly.
Praise MV.

heh heh, niiiiice.  thx bud.

trostol

all i ever got was from the source who said he quit and was not fired..and i left it at that cause that is what he asked..and frankly thats all we should worry about..if more wanted to be told we would have known from the source..is what was said plausible...yes..but it has been an interesting study in how wild things get some times on forums lol

i of course am not sure there is a shadow campaign to make RCH look bad..he can do that on his own really

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: trostol on October 18, 2015, 11:45:05 PM

i of course am not sure there is a shadow campaign to make RCH look bad..he can do that on his own really

point taken.

K_Dubb

here's (most of) the response i sent to one of these messages...

Maybe if this was court and that was evidence, yeah.  But Rossy's clearly unhappy and that's enough for me.

Sean92008

The one thing about Art is he's kinda bought into the global warming thing a little different than pragmatic deduction would have us...  Well, look at this picture and tell me, where's the melting ice cap water going? 

jazmunda

That's not proof. You have left a lot of factors out such as time of the year, time of the day. high tide? Low tide? One thing is certain; Time is not a friend to the boobs.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sean92008 on October 18, 2015, 11:48:23 PM
The one thing about Art is he's kinda bought into the global warming thing a little different than pragmatic deduction would have us...  Well, look at this picture and tell me, where's the melting ice cap water going? 

the water actually looks a little deeper in the old pic, heh heh.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: jazmunda on October 18, 2015, 11:54:35 PM
That's not proof. You have left a lot of factors out such as time of the year, time of the day. high tide? Low tide?

ahh, yep.  there's that

pate

Quote from: PING on October 18, 2015, 10:09:13 PM

(four hour workweek, four hour body, four hour chef; sensing a theme PING?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd9NQxIeAAc

Many apologies...

pate

Only thing melting is my heart...

Anyone have asperger's a spare insulin syringe?

TigerLily

Quote from: Starshina on October 18, 2015, 10:00:53 PM
I really like Jim Al-Khalili, does a lot of work for the BBC, great radio voice and I think would be good for a long-form interview with Art about CERN or quantum biology.
You should send your idea to Heather/(Redacted)  Producer@Art Bell.com

Catsmile

Quote from: jazmunda on October 18, 2015, 11:54:35 PM
That's not proof. You have left a lot of factors out such as time of the year, time of the day. high tide? Low tide? One thing is certain; Time is not a friend to the boobs.

And they would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for meddling Jaz.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Catsmile on October 19, 2015, 01:17:20 AM
And they would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for meddling Jaz.

JUST LIKE THE BERENSTAIN BEARS

I liked that lady.  She had a soothing voice.  Hope Art has her back in the future.