• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on October 17, 2015, 06:17:11 PM
We are actually doing more then well, it has been a amazing start and the numbers are now going fast indeed. Our "little Podcast" is crawling up their airtime fast.

Art

You are killing it, Art! The callers last night prove it! If Bloomington is winning market share, then Chicago is close behind! Clump, clump, clump...

jazmunda

Quote from: chefist on October 17, 2015, 06:26:45 PM
You are killing it, Art! The callers last night prove it! If Bloomington is winning market share, then Chicago is close behind! Clump, clump, clump...

It's actually Clunk, Cluck, Clunk. Noory is the Clump. :P

https://youtu.be/rImmWfhn-wE

coaster

Noory's ratings will continue to plummet.The bad news is that the braintrust of Leo Assgrab and J Neil Schulman will surely tank Art's show. Ha-ha. Jk. See what I did there? I made a funny.

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on October 17, 2015, 06:30:18 PM
It's actually Clunk, Cluck, Clunk. Noory is the Clump. :P

https://youtu.be/rImmWfhn-wE

I listened again... Sounds like clump to me...its an EVP I guess... :D

jazmunda

Quote from: chefist on October 17, 2015, 06:35:21 PM
I listened again... Sounds like clump to me...its an EVP I guess... :D

Yeah you're right. I can't understand your accents at all. :P

ziznak

Am i looking in the right direction for the megastructures??  I know i cant see shit from here but i kinda wanna know where the star people come from...

jazmunda

Hold up your hands if you've heard of Numbers Stations?

https://youtu.be/qBDptuxibr0

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on October 17, 2015, 06:50:23 PM
Hold up your hands if you've heard of Numbers Stations?

https://youtu.be/qBDptuxibr0

I was a computer communications operator in the Air Force... This could have been a test or preparedness drill...

Interesting the operator pronounced "k-bek" and not "kwu-bek" for the letter Q. I love these broadcasts...creepy...

norland2424

Quote from: chefist on October 17, 2015, 07:06:49 PM
I was a computer communications operator in the Air Force... This could have been a test or preparedness drill...

Interesting the operator pronounced "k-bek" and not "kwu-bek" for the letter Q. I love these broadcasts...creepy...

I am curious wouldn't a real sac transmission be encrypted or are they usually open air like that?

bateman

Art's interview with Michael Harrison was just rebroadcast on WABC as part of Harrison's "A Touch of Grey" program. Pretty neat.

Lt.Uhura

Quote from: norland2424 on October 17, 2015, 07:15:32 PM
I am curious wouldn't a real sac transmission be encrypted or are they usually open air like that?

Art's short piece on the numbers station was such a tease.  I too think it was possibly an emergency test.  FEMA has emergency radio protocol at their website with phonetic alphabet.  FEMA makes some folks nervous here I know, lol, but recent and projected unprecedented storms are reason enough to have emergency communications in place.

Art, I loved the show you did in the 90s with your radio friend from Popular Electronics, I think?  (can't remember his name)  Would love it if you had him back with an all things radio show!

Quote from: jazmunda on October 17, 2015, 03:51:10 PM

Thank you for providing great content night after night.

Art doesn't need a big corporation looking over his shoulder, he has us..

Two thoughts.

The early numbers look good but the word hasn't even begun to get out yet. Virtually all of my friends are Art fans but very few knew he was back. I didn't even know Art was back on Sirius until months after he was already gone. It's going to be an organic thing but Dave will be owned within a year. Art's already taken about 10% of Dave's streaming listeners. The real trick needs to be getting Art on as many terrestrial stations as possible. When we hit the six month point, we should do another blitz on terrestrial stations.

Please do more stuff on numbers station, spook radio transmissions and spook technology. I find that to be among the most fascinating things but there's not a whole lot of info out there. Especially about numbers stations which are quite archaic technology. If they can keep something as old school as numbers station info so tightened down, why wouldn't they be able to keep the real cereal bizness tightened down?

zeebo

Quote from: whoozit on October 17, 2015, 07:32:20 AM
...To the tune of ABBA's Dancing Queen:

Bellgab Scene

You can post, you can write, having the time of your night
See that post, watch that gif, diggin' the Bellgab Scene

Weekday night and the lights are low
Looking out for the thread to go
Where the tone is just right, don't want it too mean
You check out the scene
So many threads could be the one
Still early people having fun
So many animations, everything is slow
You're in the mood for a story
Funny post about Dave Noorie

You're on the Bellgab Scene, post and read, many threads to see
Bellgab Scene, post from angry troll goes unseen
You can post, you can write, having the time of your night
See that post, watch that gif, diggin' the Bellgab Scene ...

Haha this is good.  I'll never hear that song the same way again.   :D

albrecht

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on October 17, 2015, 07:35:37 PM
Art's short piece on the numbers station was such a tease.  I too think it was possibly an emergency test.  FEMA has emergency radio protocol at their website with phonetic alphabet.  FEMA makes some folks nervous here I know, lol, but recent and projected unprecedented storms are reason enough to have emergency communications in place.

Art, I loved the show you did in the 90s with your radio friend from Popular Electronics, I think?  (can't remember his name)  Would love it if you had him back with an all things radio show!
I had a weird test of the EBS (or whatever they call it these days) a while back (I posted it here somewhere) where the tv alerted as normal (somehow they are able to pump up the volume) but then played the audio of Rush Limbaugh. It was bizarre and I went and check my transistor radio and sure enough Rush was on and broadcasting the same thing. So, somehow, some satellite or switch got switched up and instead of the normal "this is a test"- or the President saying we are at war- I got AM talk radio via my cable box and emergency broadcast. Interestingly the AM radio station playing Rush wasn't doing an alert when I checked it but the cable company was. Very bizarre.

I get a kick out of numbers stations on SW, so weird and recall the "foxy" Russian spy caught a few years back used them, apparently.

Morgus

Quote from: LouSheehan on October 17, 2015, 06:25:16 PM
And I remember the C@C comment about the "little podcast"/'get it'.
Noory did it again last night - he commented on Art's "breaking news" story about a possible ET megastructure around a distant star.
Noory said some internet broadcast hosts were saying it was made by ETs, but he reported that it was not and that listeners can always come to his c2c show for "the truth"  :o

trostol

Quote from: Morgus on October 17, 2015, 08:27:03 PM
Noory did it again last night - he commented on Art's "breaking news" story about a possible ET megastructure around a distant star.
Noory said some internet broadcast hosts were saying it was made by ETs, but he reported that it was not and that listeners can always come to his c2c show for "the truth"  :o

ugh it kills me to agree with Dave..well not so much agree with him cause i am sure his truth has something to do with Angels...

AppealPlay

Quote from: Morgus on October 17, 2015, 08:27:03 PM

Dave just keeps jabbing, doesn't he?  Boo, Dave, booooooooo! >:(

Quote from: trostol on October 17, 2015, 08:31:15 PM
ugh it kills me to agree with Dave..well not so much agree with him cause i am sure his truth has something to do with Angels...

Or numbers, or palm readers, or doomsday prophets, or haunted realtors.

His numbers expert did say that Noron is a Number 2. There's some truth in that.

trostol

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on October 17, 2015, 09:04:24 PM
Or numbers, or palm readers, or doomsday prophets, or haunted realtors.

His numbers expert did say that Noron is a Number 2. There's some truth in that.

really? my numbers lead me to see him a a 0

chefist

Quote from: norland2424 on October 17, 2015, 07:15:32 PM

There is no SAC or MAC anymore. There is the Air Combat Command and Air Mobility Command. This would be a third or fourth layer of contingency communication... In case the others went black...

DanTSX

Hey guys I haven't been around for a few weeks.  Whats new?  Are we still complaining to Art about the important things like the file name structure for time traveler downloads, or our personal gripes against his advertisers?

AppealPlay

Quote from: DanTSX on October 17, 2015, 09:20:35 PM
Hey guys I haven't been around for a few weeks.  Whats new?  Are we still complaining to Art about the important things like the file name structure for time traveler downloads, or our personal gripes against his advertisers?

No.  RCH is the one we hate now.  MITD is better than ever.  Art's really getting into his groove and the content and callers continues to improve every show.  It's a wonderful time to be a fan of good radio.

DanTSX

Why are you guys spooked over an EAM?

Art is just playing it up for the audience.  He knows exactly what it is.  And it IS fairly routine.

So are SeaLord messages, etc.

DanTSX

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on October 17, 2015, 09:22:32 PM
No.  RCH is the one we hate now.  MITD is better than ever.  Art's really getting into his groove and the content and callers continues to improve every show.  It's a wonderful time to be a fan of good radio.

Uh oh, why?  Did he do something stupid?

I know RCH always had a little internet hate machine that found a home here, but I always enjoyed the guy.

inuk2600

Quote from: ziznak on October 17, 2015, 06:48:30 PM
Am i looking in the right direction for the megastructures??  I know i cant see shit from here but i kinda wanna know where the star people come from...

Wikipedia tells you which visible stars to look between (the star itself is not visible by naked eye), and you can use Stellarium  to input your location and the reference stars shown in wikipedia.
I think it's on the day-ish side right now so no good night time viewing of the stars in that region.

inuk2600

Quote from: trostol on October 17, 2015, 08:31:15 PM

Yes it's pure pandering to his increasingly terrified religious audience who are much dumber and therefore more likely to take his show as truth rather than entertainment- which this news piece really is at this point.

paladin1991

Quote from: whoozit on October 17, 2015, 05:02:45 PM
I want to send Dave and Tommy gift subscriptions.

Oh.  That is great. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: jazmunda on October 17, 2015, 04:49:25 PM
Goods times to be had by all for sure.
;) memorable phrasing for sure.

phrodo

Quote from: chefist on October 17, 2015, 07:06:49 PM

Are you implying that Leo worked at that numbers station? I knew he claimed that he had previous 'radio experience' but I was thinking it was at a Radio Shack or something more 'mainstream'.