• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

TigerLily

Quote from: kennedymaure on September 21, 2015, 11:10:39 AM
Did you see anyone over react? I didn't see anyone over react. And zero speculation. I was really proud of these guys.
;D  ;D  ;D

FallenSeraph

Quote from: eddie dean on September 21, 2015, 10:40:33 AM
Art and crew started a new YouTube channel!

With MitD Clips and partial shows for free!

Midnight In The Desert with Art Bell Joined by Gu…:
http://youtu.be/Skx8lQt8Vj8

Midnight In The Desert with Art Bell Joined by Gu…:
http://youtu.be/Aj54oz8oT2Y

This is smart and fabulous!

And yeah, I'm guessing he meant Dave would be shocked and hate this news.

The thing is, though: C2C unfortunately has a huge following here in Memphis (believe it or not). I know the head of programming for that radio station and she said there would be a riot if they switched C2C to MITD, which is ironic considering C2C was originally ART'S SHOW. Clyde Lewis also now has an extra hour here, at the fans' demand, for the slot before C2C and his fans just won that battle. Plus, the corporate syndicates kind of dictate the lineup. So ... I'm not sure how to help, as a MITD listener, at least in terms of AM stations.

But because Art said the signal would be in STEREO, does this mean he's targeting FM stations? In our market, I don't know of any that switch to talk radio at any point -- unless you count the NPR or University stations on the very obscure parts of the radio dial.

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 10:27:15 AM
I have no idea but I think it means that they will be sending the signal out there for any station to pick up if they want to.

You can't stop the signal.

Jaz are you in charge of the YouTubes? If so great job! You have been busy!

FallenSeraph

Quote from: TigerLily on September 21, 2015, 11:02:05 AM
Great News, Art. I'm now a Time Traveling, Facebooking, YouTube subscribing Vestal Virgin of the Dark. I'm going to contact KOGO and KFI

Glad no one here overreacted during the weekend  ;)

Once you've been a member here for more than a few months, you'll see that we are prone to grand proclamations, vehement condemnations, humorous overreactions and giant dramatic gestures. It's what makes us vaguely lovable. Don't take us too seriously.  ;)

whoozit

Interesting news.  I hope this causes some of our more excitable Anglo-friends to close the oven door and set the regulo at 0.

gabrielle

Jazmunda and Redacted, thank you both.  Awesome job.  Maybe MV will do your lawns as well.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: gabrielle on September 21, 2015, 11:32:27 AM
Maybe MV will do your lawns as well.
Um, that sounds dirty  ;)

gabrielle

Does MV do gardens too? ;)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: gabrielle on September 21, 2015, 11:34:52 AM
Does MV do gardens too? ;)
What is it with mature women and gardening? Am I going to hit a certain age and have the overwhelming urge to garden? Is this a skill set I need when looking for older babes? Should I be able to talk annuals and perennials? ;)

EarthAlien007

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 10:22:42 AM
For those who don't have Facebook:

https://youtu.be/KDrdTwwZ1wc

Great news, and that video is absolutely awesome!

AppealPlay

Quote from: jazmunda on September 21, 2015, 10:22:42 AM
For those who don't have Facebook:

https://youtu.be/KDrdTwwZ1wc

That's it?  That's the big shocking announcement? ???

chefist

I was way off! Maybe he has some more that he's saving for the show tonight...I hope so anyway!  8)

The Youtube channel looks very well presented!

EVERYONE! Please make sure to subscribe to Art's new MITD Youtube Channel!

phrodo

Subscribed to the YouTube channel. Pretty awesome news about the satellite delivery. Guess I was wrong about Cumulus (for now) -- maybe tonight he announces that Airyn is pregnant and we get Dreamland archives?  ;)

AppealPlay

Quote from: chefist on September 21, 2015, 11:51:54 AM
I was way off! Maybe he has some more that he's saving for the show tonight...I hope so anyway!  8)

The Youtube channel looks very well presented!

He's got to be holding back something.  I don't see how this is huge news.  Good for the show, sure, but not shocking at all.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 21, 2015, 11:38:12 AM
What is it with mature women and gardening? Am I going to hit a certain age and have the overwhelming urge to garden? Is this a skill set I need when looking for older babes? Should I be able to talk annuals and perennials? ;)

You need to learn how to properly plow a garden.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: PaulAtreides on September 21, 2015, 11:55:21 AM
You need to learn how to properly plow a garden.
Ok, you sir, deserve an award. That was well played.

phrodo

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 21, 2015, 12:00:07 PM
Ok, you sir, deserve an award. That was well played.

But "plow a garden" is such a brute, forceful phrase. I'm sure you are more of a gentle, demure and cunning linguist.  :P

Juan

Dammit. What am I to do with the 1127 complaint posts I created, each with a field to insert whatever Art had done - quit, cut back, bring on sNoory, whatever.  I'm highly pissed.

eddie dean

Quote from: Seraphim27 on September 21, 2015, 11:22:07 AM
This is smart and fabulous!

But because Art said the signal would be in STEREO, does this mean he's targeting FM stations? In our market, I don't know of any that switch to talk radio at any point -- unless you count the NPR or University stations on the very obscure parts of the radio dial.

Yes. I'd guess the stereo feed is provided so either FM or AM stations can easily carry the show. Summing a stereo signal to mono is a simple precedure for an AM station.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: phrodo on September 21, 2015, 12:34:11 PM
But "plow a garden" is such a brute, forceful phrase. I'm sure you are more of a gentle, demure and cunning linguist.  :P
LMAO! I love you guys so much.

gabrielle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on September 21, 2015, 11:38:12 AM

I wanted to say Tulips are my favourite type of flower, but I am afraid you guys might take it the wrong way! 

trostol

does this "shocking" news change the way we have to listen..as in ..can i still listen via TuneIn?

AppealPlay

I feel underwhelmed by this announcement.  I'm thinking there's another bigger announcement coming tonight...otherwise this has been anticlimactic.

coaster

How was this news supposed to anger people? Seems like great news to me.

gabrielle

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 21, 2015, 01:01:29 PM
I feel underwhelmed by this announcement.  I'm thinking there's another bigger announcement coming tonight...otherwise this has been anticlimactic.

Really?  I am very thrilled with the announcement, but I think it is what Art said in the you tube video that really got me going.
From Art's you tube:  "I'm not the woos of a talk show show host you are probably used to listening to." 

I sense a coup in the works.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: gabrielle on September 21, 2015, 01:07:18 PM
Really?  I am very thrilled with the announcement, but I think it is what Art said in the you tube video that really got me going.
From Art's you tube:  "I'm not the woos wus of a talk show show host you are probably used to listening to." 

FIFY

That's how we spell it here in 'Merica! LOL. A coup would mean there was someone to overthrow, and let's be honest, there really isn't. It's more like a return after a long leave of absence. LMAO!

AppealPlay

Quote from: gabrielle on September 21, 2015, 01:07:18 PM
From Art's you tube:  "I'm not the woos of a talk show show host you are probably used to listening to." 

I was anticipating a syndication agreement with Cumulus or he made amends with SiriusXM.  I guess it's good news but certainly not shocking and I'm not sure who would be upset by it.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on September 21, 2015, 01:03:30 PM
How was this news supposed to anger people? Seems like great news to me.

I guess just Dave n the PremRats...IDK

Juan

If Art has a completely reliable satellite uplink, offering stations something they are used to dealing with, Cheap Channel will be mad about it - if they have any sense.  As a former employee, I'm not sure they do.