• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 20, 2015, 04:46:09 PM
Damn.  I am participating in the derailment of Art's Thread. >:( 

Art doesn't understand how fast news dies.

Sredni and BellBoy YOUR both assholes.
Viva la derailment.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 20, 2015, 04:52:25 PM

Sredni and BellBoy YOUR you're both assholes.
Viva la derailment.

Yup, but a literate one. I can't say the same for the other character.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 20, 2015, 04:59:10 PM
Yup Yes, but a literate one. I can't say the same for the other character.
I'm sorry.  I could not help myself on this one. ::)

ItsOver

Viva la derailment.
I believe it would be arseholes.

albrecht

Quote from: kennedymaure on September 20, 2015, 04:42:15 PM
It really doesn't matter, I do report all my income. There's just some trouble in life that is not worth having.
True, my issue with it is it is 'fake' and likely instead of connecting people further distances them because they won't actually get together or even talk on phone but txt, FB, twitter; some of which mediums doesn't even allow enough words for complex discussion. And even if you report all your income there are other reasons, besides the obvious moral or principle one, that you don't want government to have all information on you. Even IF the government was a totally benign thing they have a long history of being hacked. Then you have all the problems of identity theft, fraud, perverts, etc gaining information on you and your family.

I'm using the correct, Dennis Wheatley version.
Wheatley thought immigration would muddle the pure British blood.
Immigration.

BellBoy

Viva la derailment.

Like I'm going to spend my whole weekend gnashing my teeth over what Art 'might' say on Monday. Life does go on...

Viva la derailment!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 20, 2015, 05:03:44 PM
I'm sorry.  I could not help myself on this one. ::)

There is a line that is crossed occasionally, and it is my duty to point this out.

I am not taking lectures from (with respect) bloody Americans on how to speak English. The clue is in the name. 'Eng-lish', meaning derived from the ancient tribe called the Angles, from the British Isles. In other words, we are descended from Angels, and you're not.

You Yanks just borrow it, we invented it! That means whatever I say is automatically correct.

ItsOver

Quote from: BellBoy on September 20, 2015, 05:15:28 PM
Like I'm going to spend my whole weekend gnashing my teeth over what Art 'might' say on Monday. Life does go on...

Viva la derailment!
Hail Hoagie!  Bless The Holy Hair!

albrecht

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on September 20, 2015, 05:13:53 PM
I'm using the correct, Dennis Wheatley version.
Wheatley thought immigration would muddle the pure British blood.
Immigration.
Well, Enoch was right, as they say.

kennedymaure

Quote from: albrecht on September 20, 2015, 05:08:24 PM
True, my issue with it is it is 'fake' and likely instead of connecting people further distances them because they won't actually get together or even talk on phone but txt, FB, twitter; some of which mediums doesn't even allow enough words for complex discussion. And even if you report all your income there are other reasons, besides the obvious moral or principle one, that you don't want government to have all information on you. Even IF the government was a totally benign thing they have a long history of being hacked. Then you have all the problems of identity theft, fraud, perverts, etc gaining information on you and your family.

But the thieves and perverts would have to get that information from the government. No one would steal my identity, trust me on this one.

BellBoy

I deny any association with this charlatan and imposter! I have clearly fallen victim to some form of elaborate Illuminati conspiracy designed explicitly to discredit and undermine my, otherwise, unblemished character!

Viva la derailment!

albrecht

Quote from: kennedymaure on September 20, 2015, 05:20:11 PM
But the thieves and perverts would have to get that information from the government. No one would steal my identity, trust me on this one.
Haha. The government is notorious for bad security. I'm still getting letters from OPM about data breaches because my dad once, many decades ago, worked for them when I was a child! Imagine once the hackers get into the Obamacare healthcare database or, as they have done, into the military's. And there are national security risks also with all the data-mining, social networking, databases, and information sharing/selling (even when legal.) But each to their own.

malliard

Afternoons with Art...

kennedymaure

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 20, 2015, 05:16:22 PM
There is a line that is crossed occasionally, and it is my duty to point this out.

I am not taking lectures from (with respect) bloody Americans on how to speak English. The clue is in the name. 'Eng-lish', meaning derived from the ancient tribe called the Angles, from the British Isles. In other words, we are descended from Angels, and you're not.

You Yanks just borrow it, we invented it! That means whatever I say is automatically correct.

My goodness! You are in a bit of mood this day?

For the record, you all talk way too crappy to each other. My ex-brother in law couldn't even keep up with you guys and he is the biggest recorded dick on planet earth. Peace be with you! I insist!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: BellBoy on September 20, 2015, 05:22:14 PM
I deny any association with this charlatan and imposter! I have clearly fallen victim to some form of elaborate Illuminati conspiracy designed explicitly to discredit and undermine my, otherwise, unblemished character!

This man is a liar and a bastard. A couple of bottles of Scrumpy Jack and he casts his Svengali-like influence over all who have the misfortune to come anywhere near him. Only a strenuous exorcism from Fr. Martin would meet the case, but I am prepared to compromise with a baseball bat.

kennedymaure

Quote from: albrecht on September 20, 2015, 05:23:48 PM
Haha. The government is notorious for bad security. I'm still getting letters from OPM about data breaches because my dad once, many decades ago, worked for them when I was a child! Imagine once the hackers get into the Obamacare healthcare database or, as they have done, into the military's. And there are national security risks also with all the data-mining, social networking, databases, and information sharing/selling (even when legal.) But each to their own.

If you even google some things you get ads and emails already. That train left the station about 4 years ago. My son has money he pays the $6.00 a month to protect his identity. We had a card get hit about 6 months ago, a cop came over and told me the theft on CC numbers is so bad the banks don't even prosecute anymore, even if they know exactly who stole it.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: kennedymaure on September 20, 2015, 05:26:33 PM
For the record, you all talk way too crappy to each other.

That's such bullshit. Anyway, he started it!

BellBoy

And there, I'm afraid, we've degenerated as far as we possibly can with this exchange.

Viva la derailment!

anunnaki

Quote from: chefist on September 20, 2015, 11:28:10 AM
I know some were upset by Art's cryptic messages, but it has made for one of the most entertaining weekends here on BG in a long time!

"Cryptic Message"---Hmmm, now where did I first hear that on this post ??? ::) ::) ::)

starrmtn001

If Art is encouraging listeners to subscribe, he is NOT going to leave.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: kennedymaure on September 20, 2015, 05:29:46 PM
If you even google some things you get ads and emails already. That train left the station about 4 years ago. My son has money he pays the $6.00 a month to protect his identity. We had a card get hit about 6 months ago, a cop came over and told me the theft on CC numbers is so bad the banks don't even prosecute anymore, even if they know exactly who stole it.
Prosecuting CC theft has never been an item done properly well by the police and the costs are just passed down to the customers so bank don't, really, care. It seems that some, screaming and dragging, are moving towards a more secure system like most European countries had for years now though. Busting a individual or criminal racket doing whole-sale theft will be done, sometimes, but the small stuff. Nope. But, heck, these days police won't often investigate simply theft (just give you a form for insurance companies or legal liability- say if your gun was stolen) unless a robbery or aggravated in some way.
ps: don't use Google or the mainstream search engines and if really concern use a VPN and Tor (though slower and the use of such for legal purposes, by itself, might raise "flags" somewhere.) Disable all location stuff in your smart phone and remove SIM card and battery when you don't need to use it. Store anything like passports, CC, etc also in foil or some similar farraday cage as they can be read. Don't use CC but prepaid CCs and burner cellphones paid with cash that has non-sequential serial numbers, withdrawn in small transactions, cleaned through petty transactions, or earned by "off the grid" transactions (swap meets, garage sales, farmers markets, etc) and wiped of all your fingerprints. Wear a hat, ideally something like a cowboy hat (if in an area this would not draw suspicion.) Grow facial hair but frequently change it. Same with regular hair (color, length, etc.) Change your gait by putting pebbles in your shoes and wearing different types of footware. Also, never look up also (satellites and CCTV everywhere.)

K_Dubb

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 20, 2015, 11:42:31 AM
It sounds like you've more than made up for it by partying hardy all by yourself.

Hearty.

Faustina

Quote from: coaster on September 20, 2015, 01:53:21 PM
If I were art, I'd only post on the new facebook account, and make his original facebook private. I am friends with him on fb, and its just weird watching people take his pictures to post them on various fan pages. Creepy. He needs to keep a fb for just his family and close friends. Or just delete it altogether, because fb is garbage anyway.

It would be smart to do that:  have the private FB page just for true family and friends, and the public FB page just that.  If he posts a family picture to FB he should restrict its settings to be able to seen only by close friends and family.

kennedymaure

Quote from: albrecht on September 20, 2015, 06:02:40 PM
Prosecuting CC theft has never been an item done properly well by the police and the costs are just passed down to the customers so bank don't, really, care. It seems that some, screaming and dragging, are moving towards a more secure system like most European countries had for years now though. Busting a individual or criminal racket doing whole-sale theft will be done, sometimes, but the small stuff. Nope. But, heck, these days police won't often investigate simply theft (just give you a form for insurance companies or legal liability- say if your gun was stolen) unless a robbery or aggravated in some way.
ps: don't use Google or the mainstream search engines and if really concern use a VPN and Tor (though slower and the use of such for legal purposes, by itself, might raise "flags" somewhere.) Disable all location stuff in your smart phone and remove SIM card and battery when you don't need to use it. Store anything like passports, CC, etc also in foil or some similar farraday cage as they can be read. Don't use CC but prepaid CCs and burner cellphones paid with cash that has non-sequential serial numbers, withdrawn in small transactions, cleaned through petty transactions, or earned by "off the grid" transactions (swap meets, garage sales, farmers markets, etc) and wiped of all your fingerprints. Wear a hat, ideally something like a cowboy hat (if in an area this would not draw suspicion.) Grow facial hair but frequently change it. Same with regular hair (color, length, etc.) Change your gait by putting pebbles in your shoes and wearing different types of footware. Also, never look up also (satellites and CCTV everywhere.)
Yep, the can see a fly that landed on my head with a satellite now, so why should I worry? Yes, perhaps an asteroid is in order.

bmcintyre

Dear Art:

Please do a show on RODS!

Thank you :-*

Faustina

I'm worried that after being in suspense over what the Big Announcement is going to be, it's not going to be any kind of big deal after all.

I really do hope that Art has reconsidered syndication and will allow it, including the increase of commercial time that would involve.  I think that's the only way the show can take off.  (If Art wants it to "take off":  perhaps he prefers a more small-scale endeavor).

TigerLily

MFM. Succinctly put.  You a my new hero of the moment

AppealPlay

Art's bringing MITD to the next level.  He's moving his studio upstairs.