• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

stargazr1976

Quote from: paladin1991 on July 27, 2015, 11:23:24 AM
We should drink mass quantities of beer together.  Nothing like a couple of loudmouthed assholes pontificating in the back of the bar to amuse everyone else.

lmao . my first reaction was fuck you. then i remembered boyscouts with new rainbow flags. ugh. itll be what it is. god bless bell gag i got a half a beer left and a shift to work. ahh shit. dont kick me man i'm just. well. fuck it i spend about 80 percent of my time by myself. bought a degen 29 to rcord art when i'm away. Does a pisspoor job but for forty bucks after three pages of jap instructions the sob does a decent  I think. shall shall see soon
When did i wake in the twilight zone

stargazr1976

i didnt mean to mispell bell gab seriously sorry

onan

Quote from: stargazr1976 on July 27, 2015, 11:30:46 AM
i didnt mean to mispell bell gab seriously sorry

We also answer to ballgrub.

stargazr1976

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 27, 2015, 11:27:32 AM
Zen, excellent point, the nothingness was rather relaxing when I look back on it. I don't really have a definition for what I am other than agnostic, but I also enjoy meditation of a sort. I just like to sit quietly or take a walk and let my thoughts take over. Daydreaming is my form of prayer I suppose. As far as the ghosts are concerned, I would guess that you're right in that it's somehow transitional as people don't seem to see really old ghosts; phantom Cro-Magnons haunting painted caves and things. Maybe it's just some kind of consciousness energy that sticks around for a bit but dissipates after a while.

If so, I at least hope that I end up as a poltergeist so I can throw things at people.

I dont know. Used to pratice kabala. Practiced a few other things thru the ages. Didnt find any answers in it. conjured an elemental once that is friendly near as i can tell but wont go away lol. Gave up on most religion butm still have some core beliefs i guess

stargazr1976

Quote from: onan on July 27, 2015, 11:32:04 AM

when i sober twice and take my amoicillian ill check out bellgrub

stargazr1976

of course mistyped lol

stargazr1976

Quote from: onan on July 27, 2015, 11:32:04 AM

picture suits lol. grouchy fucker.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 27, 2015, 07:21:59 AM
We are not going to lower our lifestyle to eating rice all day so the solution to the pollution must involve a decreased population to some extent.  THe problem is, most of our political/economic systems depend on a constantly expanding consumer/tax base.  We must think of some different way because what we are now doing is unsustainable.

The population worry comes from another scare book, The Population Bomb by Paul Ehrlich. It's crap, our real problem is going to be too low of a population. As societies grow in affluence they stop breeding on their own, this has held true for every affluent nation and is already showing in China and India's birth rates. You do not need 10 kids for financial stability in a rich country, so as your country grows wealthy like China and India are doing, their birth rates naturally begin to drop. If Europe and Japan are any key, those population numbers eventually go negative and you have to scramble to import people to keep the tax base going.

I really hate these scare pieces like Silent Spring, The Population Bomb and An Inconvenient Truth. They make tons of money for the authors because they scare people, but they also put erroneous ideas into people's heads and then they go all political with the stuff and we end up fighting about problems that aren't there.

jjsmooth

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 27, 2015, 11:51:57 AM
we end up fighting about problems that aren't there.

You don't think there is a real issue with water shortages due to overpopulation?

Alienprober

Hi Jorch
First time listener, long time caller from Buttplug Idaho....

snzzzzzzzzzz <- Jorch

Have you ever shot up Tumeric ?

WELL YES I HAVE! <- Jorch

Well, thanks for ruining a great show

snzzzzzzzzzz <- Jorch

( Insert commercial here) have producer wake up Jorch after automated breaks

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 27, 2015, 08:11:46 AM
The best version of this I have come across comes in 'The Master and Margarita' by Mikhail Bulgakov. He turns Pilate into a real figure who was desperate to save Jesus but didn't have the courage to go through with it, giving us one of the most famous quotes from the book: 'cowardice is the most terrible of vices'. How he got this into a satire about Stalin's Russia beats me, but he pulled it off, and is one of the most brilliant novels I have ever read.

Read it! I have no idea how that guy pulled that novel off. It's amazing. I think it's a book that only someone with a background as a playwright could produce.

stargazr1976

Ill tell ya a story. about a man named dan. Ok not much of it. I guess its been a month or two. I work niteshit cussed off and ex on an answering machine
. showed up. jumped out of the car. sob started swinging a fencepost at my head. had 50 50 custody of my daughters prior. Oldest not even the e's kid by blood but somewhere in my stupidity i let her adopt somewhere along 08. dude hit me with everything he could. lmao fucking broke across my head watched it bly by my eyes. tried to disarm him. ex kicked me in the back of the knee. when i started to get the upper hand again trying to disarm the prick that hit me. Ex maced me. Kids screamed saw it all. family court judge miss joanna swisher called in a witness. I got his mom busted as a dealer somewhat like 8 years before i thiink. dude testified.saidn i threatened to slit her and her new babiess throats after. had 50 50 custody of my daughters before that . cant see em now. liars man lliars.33 weeks of domestic violence classes got kicked out of my last one becase i have massive infections in my mouth somewhat to to polycythemia. took me a few min to figure out why. original scope is fifteen percent alcohol.  in a nutshell between and febuary gotta watch all my jots and tittles man. I work night shift. So hence i catch the good radio whebn it can be found. I hear they are trying to prosecute me on assult etc, no contact with my kids probably the most painful thing i've done in well since my first divorce. 1500 dollars worth of injurys. And yet the only thing i can do is try to suck it up and talk to you all 0nce in a while  i do ask your forgveness.  These courts are crooked as hell and im too tired to truely fight em anymore even is a do look like a doosh man, ok so thats why im here other than beiing a clyde lewis andm art bell fan mqkes no sense i know

stargazr1976

peace/ forgive my typing. eyesight has been effected a bit by it all. trying to revert to touch typing. I'm a little rusty.

stargazr1976

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 27, 2015, 12:02:11 PM
Read it! I have no idea how that guy pulled that novel off. It's amazing. I think it's a book that only someone with a background as a playwright could produce.

i will try to take a read man

munbeam666

Quote from: jjsmooth on July 27, 2015, 11:59:10 AM
You don't think there is a real issue with water shortages due to overpopulation?
Absolutely. Here in California we have just about run out. Its scary, and REAL. Plus, the state is being flooded with new people coming here to live everyday
Even up here in Humboldt County, the rivers are at record low levels. Some have actually dried up. Bad news for Salmon, farming, local economy; its a bad scene
This scenario is totally unsustainable, but we are in much better shape than anywhere south of here.
The climatologists are predicting an El Nino year, I'm hoping we have ARkstorms, which is El Nino on steroids. We will need a SERIES of heavy rain years to get us out of this mess....

SciFiAuthor

I'm no expert, but I think it's a solvable problem. Water can be moved just the same as oil can be moved thousands of miles if you have a pipeline. The real question is how much money a society wants to spend on moving water. In the Middle East they spend a huge amount on desalinating and moving water out of necessity, but they manage to do it successfully and Israel even supports an export market for food grown using long-distance irrigation so I'm guessing it's not all that big of a deal. It's all about the cost vs. the benefit rather than lacking the technology to accomplish it. Do we want to spend a billion dollars on a pipeline so people in California can have lawns? Probably not. But we will spend it if the food supply becomes an issue.

stargazr1976

No i actually do. water wars in ca or about to begin. actually had a falling out with an atty over it. its gonna get ugly no doubt about it

stargazr1976

im about to give up but god bless you gabbers. Life so pisses me off. I cant quit even it i want to man.

How in the fuck did they manage to turn this world upside down within a few months? How in the fuck? Radio is great but just seriously how in the fuck . with that Ill bow out. peace

paladin1991

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 27, 2015, 11:51:57 AM
The population worry comes from another scare book, The Population Bomb by Paul Ehrlich. It's crap, our real problem is going to be too low of a population. As societies grow in affluence they stop breeding on their own, this has held true for every affluent nation and is already showing in China and India's birth rates. You do not need 10 kids for financial stability in a rich country, so as your country grows wealthy like China and India are doing, their birth rates naturally begin to drop. If Europe and Japan are any key, those population numbers eventually go negative and you have to scramble to import people to keep the tax base going.

I really hate these scare pieces like Silent Spring, The Population Bomb and An Inconvenient Truth. They make tons of money for the authors because they scare people, but they also put erroneous ideas into people's heads and then they go all political with the stuff and we end up fighting about problems that aren't there.

Dammit!  What have I told you about cool reasoning?  This culture wants to run around wild eyed and pretending that their hair is on fire. 

nika01

Quote from: stargazr1976 on July 27, 2015, 10:32:11 AM
co
Certainly dont agree that the population should shrink for our consumption. Eviromental problems beyond our control unfortunaltly. Eco frieindly products dont exist. They claim as much on the labels but mostly dont. I buy some good unadulterated meat from a local store started in the depression when i can. Good stuff but society is gonna drive him down. Tell me. Exactly who would u cut from society?  That whole idea kinda sounds God like to me. I wouldnt want that responabilty nor the repercussions . Interesting but...... big damn but. so uhh who exactly would you knock off man? Ugly thought in my opinion but i havent slept in a while. God bless ya get down with your bad self.

I personally subscribe to the Georgia Guidstones.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 27, 2015, 12:11:32 PM
I'm no expert, but I think it's a solvable problem. Water can be moved just the same as oil can be moved thousands of miles if you have a pipeline. The real question is how much money a society wants to spend on moving water. In the Middle East they spend a huge amount on desalinating and moving water out of necessity, but they manage to do it successfully and Israel even supports an export market for food grown using long-distance irrigation so I'm guessing it's not all that big of a deal. It's all about the cost vs. the benefit rather than lacking the technology to accomplish it. Do we want to spend a billion dollars on a pipeline so people in California can have lawns? Probably not. But we will spend it if the food supply becomes an issue.

All we need to do is to find an asteroid with a brain and lots of water and then convince it to land softly on Earth.  (based on sage commentary from GN)

Quote from: Marc.Knight on July 27, 2015, 01:08:09 PM
All we need to do is to find an asteroid with a brain and lots of water and then convince it to land softly on Earth.  (based on sage commentary from GN)

Well, there's always this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svKq044qrYU

scottydawg

Ok for all the Ding-Dongs out there in Panic land tell them this: All the water that ever was and forever will be is here on earth today. It isn't drying up and evaporating into space it's here and now, California's problem is man made. All the refugees from the Dust Bowl in the 30's moved West and started new farms because that's all they knew, subsistence farming.
and to keep the farms growing they diverted river water and streams to grow their crops. No Water authority existed back then.
So the crop planters and produce from the central U.S. moved westward and the canning factories sprung up. Really, the Canneries need a LOT of water. For awhile it was OK. But California and Arizona are Arid states with hit and miss rainfall years.
Then WW2 happened, big defense plants sprung up, and with that masses of thirsty factory workers moved west for work after the lean years after the Great Depression, At the end of the war they stayed, built houses and had to have LUSH lawns like back east. And don't forget they had to wash those big Shiny Buicks and Pontiacs once a week, it's in their DNA to this day!
Same thing on the African Continent, shitload of troops to the colonies to fight the Gerry's. Big buildup of bases and camps that taxed the scarce resources. Then baby boom after the war. Everybody has to have a big tub to wash the rugrats in!
California needs to de-populate back to the east and midwest. "But, But I need to STAY in Cali! That's where all the Stars and Beach Babes Are!" Well then Sheep Dip, have fun taking a sand bath!

wr250

Quote from: Marc.Knight on July 27, 2015, 01:08:09 PM
theres this, with volatires music ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMFso-BkfZI

RoseGirl

Oh my...is it Monday already???

Who is Art's guest for tonight? Anyone know?

zeebo

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 27, 2015, 02:05:46 PM
Oh my...is it Monday already???

Who is Art's guest for tonight? Anyone know?

So far they've been posting it on artbell.com the day of the show.  Tonite is Grant Cameron on ufo's.  (Also btw you can check if MV's added a new live chat thread yet, which will also mention the guest.)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: zeebo on July 27, 2015, 02:18:58 PM
  Tonite is Grant Cameron on ufo's. 

Noory has Grant Goodeve on to reminisce about Dick Van Patten.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 27, 2015, 12:11:32 PM
Water can be moved just the same as oil can be moved thousands of miles if you have a pipeline.

Yes, as in the plan of that idiot governor of Kansas to build a pipeline across Missouri and steal water to keep the Kansas corporate wheat farmers in business as they have just about sucked their aquifer dry.  What a dumbshit. 

RoseGirl

Quote from: zeebo on July 27, 2015, 02:18:58 PM
So far they've been posting it on artbell.com the day of the show.  Tonite is Grant Cameron on ufo's.  (Also btw you can check if MV's added a new live chat thread yet, which will also mention the guest.)

Ah.....thanks zeebo. Much appreciated.