• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

stargazr1976

Quote from: ItsOver on July 25, 2015, 08:20:42 AM
Welcome aboard.  Hang on, it's going to be a ride.  ;)

Wore my bigboy pants and strapped in

stargazr1976

ok nite.I'm so bad about sleeping. you all take care

Quote from: stargazr1976 on July 25, 2015, 08:26:15 AM

G'nite!  :)

Quote from: stargazr1976 on July 25, 2015, 08:26:15 AM

Ok. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 24, 2015, 08:43:27 PM
Art has a great voice. He should just read some classic ghost tales or something.. some Poe, Algernon Blackwood, possibly Lovecraft.
That could be an interesting idea.  Maybe a weekend show?  But Art must 'have a life' other than us and I don't think he's going to want weekends.  We don't want him to burn out, do we?  Greedy little vaguely loveables that we are? 

I really like the idea of reading ghost stories, though.  Ross might like to do that. 

ItsOver

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 25, 2015, 09:21:26 AM
That could be an interesting idea.  Maybe a weekend show?  But Art must 'have a life' other than us and I don't think he's going to want weekends.  We don't want him to burn out, do we?  Greedy little vaguely loveables that we are? 

I really like the idea of reading ghost stories, though.  Ross might like to do that.
As much as it pains me to say, I could even enjoy Art reading "Spring-heeled Jack."

SredniVashtar

Quote from: CornyCrow on July 25, 2015, 09:21:26 AM
But Art must 'have a life' other than us and I don't think he's going to want weekends.

Oh, Art should know above all else that you can't invite in the vampires because it always ends in tears. We're in now and he's got to do as he's told!

Seriously, I think the fact that the show seems too short is just testament to what a good job he is doing, not a bunch of whiny assholes wanting more and more out of him. Anyone thinking sensibly about this wants Art to be having at least as much fun doing this as we are having listening to it, and that means not thinking of it as a job, but rather as a hobby that he takes very very seriously.

Whatever Art does is fine with me, and I am guessing that goes for most people.

chefist

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 25, 2015, 09:39:33 AM
Oh, Art should know above all else that you can't invite in the vampires because it always ends in tears. We're in now and he's got to do as he's told!

Seriously, I think the fact that the show seems too short is just testament to what a good job he is doing, not a bunch of whiny assholes wanting more and more out of him. Anyone thinking sensibly about this wants Art to be having at least as much fun doing this as we are having listening to it, and that means not thinking of it as a job, but rather as a hobby that he takes very very seriously.

I agree...Rush says his show is "The Fasted 3 Hours in Media"...but now Art WARPS through 3 hours! The warp drive is driven by his talent and the quality of the production! I say keep it at 3 hours!

pyewacket

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 25, 2015, 09:39:33 AM

Well said, SV. I'm grateful to finally have Art's excellent show back for our listening pleasure. Art knows what he's doing and it's only the beginning. Quality fare comes in smaller portions- if you want to supersize there's always that other show.   

aldousburbank

Quote from: pyewacket on July 25, 2015, 10:02:56 AM
Well said, SV. I'm grateful to finally have Art's excellent show back for our listening pleasure. Art knows what he's doing and it's only the beginning. Quality fare comes in smaller portions- if you want to supersize there's always that other show.
That other show is the 7-11 slurpee. Art is fine cognac.

aldousburbank

Quote from: chefist on July 25, 2015, 10:01:11 AM
I agree...Rush rush says his show is "The Fasted 3 Hours in Media"...but now Art WARPS through 3 hours! The warp drive is driven by his talent and the quality of the production! I say keep it at 3 hours!

Queen

Quote from: jazmunda on July 25, 2015, 06:36:28 AM
For those keeping score this show is a "new" classic meaning it is not in the mega torrent.

Should this be the start of mega torrent 2 😁

Paradox

Quote from: Art Bell on July 24, 2015, 06:33:42 PM
Hi everybody, open lines tonight! Also a Time traveler special line. I have not had the time do be posting because my life is now devoted to the show, it does not mean I have forgotten my Brother's and Sister's here on Bell Gab. It just means I have not so much life left! Stop asking for four Hours and seven days, remember I am 70 now.

Art
hear hear!  not far behind you age-wise.  Finding the new show hours a good fit for my schedule, though I find myself having to adjust to starting at 11PM my time.  lol  I think the reason some people are lobbying for four hours is because the show is going good and they don't want it to end.  Keep it up, it's all good!

And I will re-iterate:  I don't care if Art has a bad back day and they have to put a re-run up.  I don't care if he needs a vacation and they find someone to fill in or put up re-runs.  I don't care if Art gets a bit tired and needs to take some time off.  I will listen for whatever day and however long he wants to broadcast.  And I will NOT cancel my Time Traveler subscription.

The comments about canceling subscriptions because the archive files aren't they way people want them or because the set up isn't perfect right now! and some somewhat negative other comments about the show and guests were what prompted me to post that comment about those who parse minutiae and nitpick.  If that ticked some people off too effin' bad.  I realize the Gabblings fly free and fast, posting whatever pops into their minds and feeling free to run roughshod over anyone or anything whenever a whim strikes them, but at some point it's time for some of you to pull up your , well, pull-ups and suck it up. 

And that's my 2¢.

Connie Willis for weekend host!!

Not the Coast one
But this one:

I kid the Connies. I kid them.

As for Knapp?? I don't think he can. I am sure there is quite the non compete.
maybe for the weekend, Keith could simulcast the SOMEWHERE IN TIME shows that Coast refuses to stop playing

serenity

Quote from: Art Bell on July 24, 2015, 06:33:42 PM
Hi everybody, open lines tonight! Also a Time traveler special line. I have not had the time do be posting because my life is now devoted to the show, it does not mean I have forgotten my Brother's and Sister's here on Bell Gab. It just means I have not so much life left! Stop asking for four Hours and seven days, remember I am 70 now.

Art

I thought you could all use a reminder. Perhaps you can re read the last two sentences again. 

ItsOver

Quote from: HorrorReporter on July 25, 2015, 11:16:34 AM
Connie Willis for weekend host!!

Not the Coast one
But this one:

I kid the Connies. I kid them.

As for Knapp?? I don't think he can. I am sure there is quite the non compete.
maybe for the weekend, Keith could simulcast the SOMEWHERE IN TIME shows that Coast refuses to stop playing
I find it amusing the boobs at PremRat still continue broadcasting SIT and I intend to take advantage of it.  Art, 6 nights a week. :) I wonder if they'll ever realize it's a 4 hour ad for a far superior host.  Art should see if he can con a PremRat suit into running commercials for MiDT during SIT.  Maybe he could get some local stations to do it as part of their local ad package.  That would be hilarious.

Paradox

Quote from: serenity on July 25, 2015, 11:29:03 AM
QuoteQuote from: Art Bell on Yesterday at 07:33:42 PM]Hi everybody, open lines tonight! Also a Time traveler special line. I have not had the time do be posting because my life is now devoted to the show, it does not mean I have forgotten my Brother's and Sister's here on Bell Gab. It just means I have not so much life left! Stop asking for four Hours and seven days, remember I am 70 now.

Art

I thought you could all use a reminder. Perhaps you can re read the last two sentences again.
Thank you! I've been a tad hot=headed lately and not at all the sweet, easy going Granny of yesteryear.

PathoJen

These are so great for listening to art while laying in bed. Not wireless tho.

PathoJen

Ostrich pillow is perfect for listening to Dave.

Paradox

Quote from: PathoJen on July 25, 2015, 11:36:56 AM
These are so great for listening to art while laying in bed. Not wireless tho.
Very nice!

PathoJen

Let me just say, I love Art more than ever. He was so great to let us see behind the scenes last night via Periscope. Watching him at work is unbelievable. He's so relaxed and makes it all look so easy. Him talking and gesturing shows how conversational his interviews are (and open lines). He seemed happy too! Thank you Art!!!!

sorefinger

Quote from: Paradox on July 25, 2015, 10:57:03 AM

And that's my 2¢.

In other words, it's okay for you to grouse but nobody else can.

Quote from: stargazr1976 on July 25, 2015, 08:17:50 AM
when rigormortis sets in you will be stiff and rigid. Might make a fine crutch

Negative. I will become a class specimen. Already have my spot picked out, and the paper work sealed, for http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2235692/Inside-body-farm-corpses-left-outside-decompose-forensic-researchers-study.html  8)

onan

Quote from: NIN on July 25, 2015, 10:37:41 AM
Its easy to take stuff out of context and make it look bad.

Or... it just looks bad.

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 25, 2015, 10:22:55 AM
That other show is the 7-11 slurpee. Art is fine cognac.

If I much prefer a slurpee to a glass of cognac does that mean...

aldousburbank

So, I'm supposed to fall asleep tonight with no live Art Bell? What the hell?

onan

Quote from: aldousburbank on July 25, 2015, 01:22:05 PM
So, I'm supposed to fall asleep tonight with no live Art Bell? What the hell?

I know man, life can be a cruel mistress.