• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

slippingaway

the SDR is RTL2832U R820T+8232 USB. It's actually a DVB TV tuner that someone discovered could be hacked.  The unit didn't come with much documentation, but here it is via Amazon (I purchased from a Ham Radio club in KCMO that was doing a fundraiser) http://www.amazon.com/Huhushop-TM-100KHz-1-7GHz-RTL-SDR-Receiver/dp/B00MB4CPJC

The antenna I have is old reliable: a Radioshack discone. The SDR will also serve as wide-range scanner in it's idle time. it's up on a 20' pole attached to my trailer.
Since the SDR has separate UV and HF ports (SMA), I'm trying to decide if I should make the other antenna a loop or not. need to seek some guidance there.

The platform, I'm still undecided on. I have a Raspberry Pi and a SDR server app that I was going to put it on. The nice thing there is I can put the SDR on a Raspberry Pi, mount it in a dual-gang metal conduit box to cut back interference, and run up my pole with a relatively  short "whack" of RG8X to eliminate signal loss.

My current control app is SDR # as my app on my old Core2Quad.

Willis

Hey Art,

I'd love to hear Marcus Allen on the show.

He's at the forefront of the 'we never went to the Moon' camp.

Really well spoken British guy. Makes a compelling case.

He has a bunch of recent interviews on Youtube.

Art Bell

Yes we have a delay system in place.

Art

albrecht

Quote from: Art Bell on July 10, 2015, 10:59:11 PM

Art
Good, wouldn't want FCC etc problems (where applicable) and some show with idiotic cussing or Stern-style callers trying to yell something out for pranks. Glad callers aren't screened though. I can't wait!!!
ps: hope you are feeling better. I mistakenly ate a tunafish sub today at some chain sandwich shop. Why, why?

Jackstar

Quote from: Art Bell on July 10, 2015, 10:59:11 PM

Art

"EAST OF THE ROCKIES CALL 4 8 15 16 23 42..."

I remember having become trained to swivel my attention from whatever I was doing directly to the radio, because in my experience, whenever the radio went *mumble mumble mumble SNAP CRACKLE WEST OF THE ROCKIES, IF YOU CAN, CALL YOUR PARENTS AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM* that was then going to be immediately followed by something delicious like, "Caller, now, I had to dump the audio, you can't reveal the last name of the leader of the secret society of your kindergarten class on the air, even if it was fifty years ago in Lichtenstein. Do you have a question for my guest?"

sydtron

Quote from: Jackstar on July 11, 2015, 12:06:02 AM

"EAST OF THE ROCKIES CALL 4 8 15 16 23 42..."

I remember having become trained to swivel my attention from whatever I was doing directly to the radio, because in my experience, whenever the radio went *mumble mumble mumble SNAP CRACKLE WEST OF THE ROCKIES, IF YOU CAN, CALL YOUR PARENTS AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM* that was then going to be immediately followed by something delicious like, "Caller, now, I had to dump the audio, you can't reveal the last name of the leader of the secret society of your kindergarten class on the air, even if it was fifty years ago in Lichtenstein. Do you have a question for my guest?"

Ah yes.... Or even..."Do the Wild thing at......."

I'm sorry sir, we don't allow last names on the air.  There are a lot of kooks out there.. Ha ha ha.."

Zenman

10 DAYS      19 HOURS!   

BellaCast tonite 12AM Kalifornika Time!    ON AIR SHORTLY!
http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat/

Possible Topics Include:
   New BLITZ Ideas
   Funyuns
   First Week Guests: Graham Hancock, LMH,..
   Surprise Mystery Guest Rumors
   The Pluto Fly-By (Monday)
   Pre-Show Shows & Parties
   Lost Gold of the Tower
   And many more...!

Plus: Gabbers, Gabblings & Civilians are all
         Welcome to Call the Bella Line at:
         215 488-7374

Be an Art Bell Dweeb and join the fun!

Live Show Girls!

Zenman

you folks are missing some SHOCK on the BellaCast

Holy Moley!!

Ds9james

Can someone put up the latest Gabcast?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Ds9james on July 11, 2015, 02:54:46 AM
Can someone put up the latest Gabcast?

MV is too busy coping with his pregnant wife, it seems. A footling excuse if you ask me. That man's priorities are all balled up. Bloody hippy.

jazmunda

Quote from: SredniVashtar on July 11, 2015, 02:57:02 AM
MV is too busy coping with his pregnant wife, it seems. A footling excuse if you ask me. That man's priorities are all balled up. Bloody hippy.

MV is winding down folks. Winding down.

Zenman

All I can say is: Don't miss Bateman's show! Wow.

Nite all.

ge30542

Never cared for Majorette Dames, tuned in a show last night, he was the guest, and I thought, let me listen to the Major, and see, maybe I will like him after all.
Show was 95 or 96 I think.
He said within 2 years, an "engineered pathogen" will come from space, possibly like Andromeda Strain, killing "everything green", ( except the oceans phytoplankton, we WILL still have oxygen), starting in Africa, food shortages, food will have to be grown underground, or in huge greenhouses, AND, babies will begin dying in large numbers.
Am I the ONLY one who thinks this guy is a putz?

serenity

And for my normal Saturday morning post
Tonight on http://ksyl.com in Alexandria Louisiana  6-10pm PT, 8-Midnight CT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 8/22/96 when during a night of Open Lines, callers reacted to the breaking news about flight TWA 800, and the possibility the plane was brought down by either a bomb or missile.
KSYL does have a live stream and can be found also on Tunein.

May we never get to Hell but may we listen to Art Bell and drink Bushmills the whole trip.

jazmunda

Quote from: serenity on July 11, 2015, 05:39:30 AM
And for my normal Saturday morning post
Tonight on http://ksyl.com in Alexandria Louisiana  6-10pm PT, 8-Midnight CT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 8/22/96 when during a night of Open Lines, callers reacted to the breaking news about flight TWA 800, and the possibility the plane was brought down by either a bomb or missile.
KSYL does have a live stream and can be found also on Tunein.

May we never get to Hell but may we listen to Art Bell and drink Bushmills the whole trip.

Once again this is another "new" classic show as it is not in the mega torrent. As much as it pains us to say it without Somewhere in Time these classics would be Lost in Time.

serenity

Quote from: jazmunda on July 11, 2015, 05:46:03 AM
Once again this is another "new" classic show as it is not in the mega torrent. As much as it pains us to say it without Somewhere in Time these classics would be Lost in Time.

Do you have it? Ill be recording anyway adding to the collective thoughts and weirdness on the drive.

jazmunda

Quote from: serenity on July 11, 2015, 05:51:18 AM
Do you have it? Ill be recording anyway adding to the collective thoughts and weirdness on the drive.

No but I have my sources. Thanks anyway.

serenity

Quote from: jazmunda on July 11, 2015, 06:02:19 AM
No but I have my sources. Thanks anyway.

You got it Jazz, my work here is done lol

"As predicted, a minor G1-class geomagnetic storm broke out during the late hours of July 10th when a high-speed solar wind stream hit Earth's magnetic field. "The Northern Lights surprised us as we were just finishing a stargazing program at Theodore Roosevelt National Park," reports Jeff Zylland of North Dakota: Auroras were also sighted above Wisconsin and Michigan, and in eastern parts of Canada.

The storm is subsiding now. NOAA forecasters estimate a 55% chance that it could flare up again on July 11th as the solar wind continues to blow."
http://www.spaceweather.com/

Hello everyone,

(edit)

Thanks allbrecht!!! worked perfectly. sent him a link to the file I converted.

thanks again!

SaucyRossy

Art, would you be willing to do an AMA (Ask Me Anything, or usually called Ask Me Almost Anything) on Reddit?

I think it would be great for the blitz and a simple text way of handling promotion.

If you would do one, I can contact some reddit admins and get it set up or whomever else can do it.

Falkie_Fan

Art should go on Joe Rogan's show.  He used to be a fan of Arts back in the day.

serenity

Nancy or RoseGirl, did I hear that you were doing a show tonight?

FortRock

FROM THE SCORPION ARMY SIGNAL CORP:

TO ART BELL "MIDNITE IN THE DESERT" PEOPLE, THERE WILL BE DIFFICULTY IN HEARING
THE SHOW IN MANY PARTS OF AMERICA IF YOUR DRIVING AROUND, AND DEPENDING ON
YOUR AM/FM CAR RADIO. AS YOU KNOW ART WILL BE ON SHORTWAVE! BUT THERE ARE
CURRENTLY NO PRODUCTION CAR RADIOS WITH SHORTWAVE ON THEIR DIALS. THAT COULD
CHANGE WITH YOUR HELP! SUPPORT THE MANUFACTURE OF A CROWD-FUNDED AUTOMOTIVE
SHORTWAVE RADIO BEING PROPOSED BY FRED STUDENBERG! THIS MAN WOULD MAKE A
GREAT FIRST-HOUR TYPE GUEST FOR THE FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL!! HERE IS THE WEBSITE
DISCUSSING THE IDEA:

http://swling.com/blog/2015/07/vote-support-the-production-of-a-car-shortwave-radio/

serenity

Quote from: FortRock on July 11, 2015, 06:00:53 PM

GREAT FIRST-HOUR TYPE GUEST FOR THE FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL!! HERE IS THE WEBSITE
DISCUSSING THE IDEA:

http://swling.com/blog/2015/07/vote-support-the-production-of-a-car-shortwave-radio/

Or buy a vintage 60's or 70's European porsche lol 

Zenman

Quote from: serenity on July 11, 2015, 05:52:46 PM
Nancy or RoseGirl, did I hear that you were doing a show tonight?

I think they're gonna go every night straight thru till the 19th, serenity. Like a steamroller!

serenity

Quote from: Zenman on July 11, 2015, 06:08:49 PM
I think they're gonna go every night straight thru till the 19th, serenity. Like a steamroller!

In the words of my Grand daughter.......Awesome!

RoseGirl

Yes....be not afraid...we will be with you every night until Art goes live...and then probably every night after that too.

Cuz that's the way we roll.

nika01

Quote from: FortRock on July 11, 2015, 06:00:53 PM

DISCUSSING THE IDEA:

Waste of time. Lots of up converters already available

Zenman

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 11, 2015, 06:26:35 PM
Yes....be not afraid...we will be with you every night until Art goes live...and then probably every night after that too.

Cuz that's the way we roll.

I thought you were gonna take the 19th off for partying, Rosie.