• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

BobGrau

Happy Birthday Art!

Nothing to do with the above, but someday I want to see you dressed up as Walter White/Heisenberg. Just for my files.

serenity

Happy birthday Art.
May the Schwartz be mit youuuuuuuuuuu

Seven-O. We could all only hope to get that far.

Lilith

Quote from: Engineer55 on June 17, 2015, 02:15:44 AM
Oh, My!  MV, you have never looked better!  THIS should be your Avatar *forever* !@!@!

I'll second that!!!

No Quarter

Quote from: jazmunda on June 16, 2015, 11:34:40 PM
I found the reference you were referring to but whilst the sentiment was the same the wording wasn't quite right. He didn't mention aliens landing and being pumped full of lead before they step foot off the craft. He mentioned that if aliens came he'd be worried about their safety and they'd be turned into swiss cheese. I will keep looking/listening. Thank you for the assist though.

I remember hearing that. It was during the caller segment of the show, when someone called in and said something that caused Art to make the comment about aliens being pumped full of lead, etc.

Unfortunately, in addition to the ambiguities in the above statement, I don't remember who the guest was - sorry    :-[

(I blame the 70's)  8)

WhiteCrow

Quote from: jazmunda on June 16, 2015, 05:48:09 PM
He has said it many many times over the years. Thanks I'll put it on in the background at work.

Found a good one! Not the perfect one we both remember, but pretty good stuff that should work.
May 4, 2001 listen from 2:03 to 2:07 and 2:11 to 2:13 both sections are worthy!

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 17, 2015, 12:58:05 AM

...If that's not enough, I'd rather have a few more commercials than no show at all... 

Yes, more commercials, charge more, whatever it takes, Art, if the alternative is no show at all.  You don't have to go "all C2C-style," where it's all about the money rather than a quality show, but you don't have to go completely the other way, either. 

I cringe thinking I'm going to tune in to MITD one night and hear "well folks, it didn't quite work out..."  :-[

And birthday wishes, too.

Quote from: phrodo on June 17, 2015, 03:06:54 AM
Hap                   to you
Hap                   to you
Hap                   dear Art
Hap                   to you!

Hope you have a great day Art  :D

And also hope I don't have to pay a royalty for using the real Happy Birthday song......  :o

reported

chefist

Happy Birthday Art! I made you a cake!

Skunk Ape

I still think they are going to be surprised by the amount of subscribers. Even at five dollars, once the blitz hits there will be tons of new subs. And when the YouTube takedown army rises they'll either find other means, which will still happen, or they'll pay the $5.

In the end, it'll be easier to pay the $5 and let your podcatcher update daily than it will be to go about the other means.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 17, 2015, 12:39:31 AM
Basketball is fun again. 

So long to the ghosts of Joe Barely Cares, er, Joe Barry Carroll and Andris Biedrins, Latrell Sprewell and Monta Ellis.  To the horrific coaching jobs done by PJ Carlesimo, Don Nelson (especially), and the rest. 

To point guards named Sleepy, Speedy, Muggsy, Mookie, Bimbo and BJ

You're speaking my language! I'd like to Throw in some great bench names like Tom Tolbert, Manute Bol, Donyell Marshall, Adonal Foyle....

Draft Busts like Chris Washburn, Clifford Rozier, Todd Fuller, Joe Smith, Antawan Jamison...

My all time favorite warrior was Tim Hardaway, followed up by Andrew DeClerq. I might be the only person to say I had an Andrew DeClerq jersey in the late 90s.

I can't remember all the Coaches the Warriors have had, but Cowens and Brian Winters and Musselman and Montgomery are probably already forgotten.

Thanks for bringing up those point guard names. Spreewell might be the Noory of all former Warriors.

oh and Happy Birthday Art!!!!

SredniVashtar

Happy birthday, Art!

b_dubb

Happy birthday Art! I got you a "hat" you custom fit to that glorious noggin of yours.

Happy Birthday

Heather Wade

May you & your family make it the best birthday you ever had.

Happy birthday Art! You will always be the most terrifyingly beautiful man wearing a black turtleneck.

MV finished chaining his naked unwashed body to Art Bell's lawnmower. As if in a trance MV knew what he must do. He must please the "master". Concentrating he finally slipped his favorite ball gag into his mouth. He tightened leather straps. Shaking, quivering with burning white hot loins, cold sweat dripping from his severe mongloid uni-brow he managed to write words on his chest. MV had to use his index finger to inscribe on himself. Dabbling his finger into blood that had pooled underneath him. He bobbed his finger up and down quickly into the blood. This was the only means of maintaining enough of the sticky fluid to write with. MV cursed the corpses that lie next to him.

The bodies of two males, Juh-munda and Falkie2013. Necessary sacrifices he thought with contempt. "Only I serve the master" MV said aloud. But deep down he knew the truth. Juh-munda was a rising star. Art confirmed this with posts in the forum. That really burned MV's ass. Juh-munda had always been MV's second fiddle. A "side-kick" at best, thought MV.  Jealousy had washed over his very sole just thinking about it. Something had to be done about this personal humiliation.

Falkie2013 was a bulging beast of a man. He always managed to squeeze himself into the newest and finest leisure suits available. MV had always hated Falkie for that. But he hated the attention Falkie had recently received from George Noory. The infamous 'interview'. MV was angry and deeply ashamed that he had auto eroticly asphyxiated himself to Falkie's video interview. Falkie must be punished for MV's deviant behavior. So both men were. Violently, painfully, but most of all sexually. MV had become an animal, an apex predator. A sexual Tyrannosaurus.

Regret. That's all MV feel as he struggled against the chains he had tied himself to. Muffled screams was all he could muster as he knew breaking free was futile. All was lost. Just as he hung his head in defeat and dispare, slobber dripping down and around the ball gag, he remembered something. A single username. A savior that would bring him sweet salvation. 

SARDONDI.

-Fin

cweb

Right then.

Have a great birthday, Art!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: boba FETT on June 17, 2015, 11:21:55 AM
Happy birthday Art! You will always be the most terrifyingly beautiful man wearing a black turtleneck.

MV finished chaining his naked unwashed body to Art Bell's lawnmower. As if in a trance MV knew what he must do. He must please the "master". Concentrating he finally slipped his favorite ball gag into his mouth. He tightened leather straps. Shaking, quivering with burning white hot loins, cold sweat dripping from his severe mongloid uni-brow he managed to write words on his chest. MV had to use his index finger to inscribe on himself. Dabbling his finger into blood that had pooled underneath him. He bobbed his finger up and down quickly into the blood. This was the only means of maintaining enough of the sticky fluid to write with. MV cursed the corpses that lie next to him.

The bodies of two males, Juh-munda and Falkie2013. Necessary sacrifices he thought with contempt. "Only I serve the master" MV said aloud. But deep down he knew the truth. Juh-munda was a rising star. Art confirmed this with posts in the forum. That really burned MV's ass. Juh-munda had always been MV's second fiddle. A "side-kick" at best, thought MV.  Jealousy had washed over his very sole just thinking about it. Something had to be done about this personal humiliation.

Falkie2013 was a bulging beast of a man. He always managed to squeeze himself into the newest and finest leisure suits available. MV had always hated Falkie for that. But he hated the attention Falkie had recently received from George Noory. The infamous 'interview'. MV was angry and deeply ashamed that he had auto eroticly asphyxiated himself to Falkie's video interview. Falkie must be punished for MV's deviant behavior. So both men were. Violently, painfully, but most of all sexually. MV had become an animal, an apex predator. A sexual Tyrannosaurus.

Regret. That's all MV feel as he struggled against the chains he had tied himself to. Muffled screams was all he could muster as he knew breaking free was futile. All was lost. Just as he hung his head in defeat and dispare, slobber dripping down and around the ball gag, he remembered something. A single username. A savior that would bring him sweet salvation. 

SARDONDI.

-Fin

well... that's about got it. 

anyone for a junior mint?  they're very refreshing.

ItsOver

SARDONDI.

-Fin
Yeah, but what about Bateman?  There are many tales to tell in MV's Naked City.

dungiven

SARDONDI.

-Fin

BobGrau

Quote from: ItsOver on June 17, 2015, 12:06:51 PM
Yeah, but what about Bateman?  There are many tales to tell in MV's Naked City.

It helps if you know MV's pet name for Bateman is "Art Bell's lawnmower".

Now go read it again.

A great day for Geminis everywhere!  Happy birthday, Art!

phrodo

Quote from: nika01 on June 17, 2015, 06:09:38 AM
Put money where mouth is

https://www.patreon.com/darkmatterdigitalnetwork

I signed up - so far there were only TEN signed up... c'mon people the Patreon was set up by Keith Rowland to help fund the show. Pledge a few bucks a month -- any amount will help. Think of it as a birthday present to Art that keeps on giving.  :D

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 17, 2015, 06:44:07 AM
Seven-O. We could all only hope to get that far.

Insurance tables say most of us will. Things become dicey a bit later.

Comicbooker

Just signed up for $5 a month. Couldn't be easier.

Quote from: MV on June 17, 2015, 11:50:28 AM
well... that's about got it. 

anyone for a junior mint?  they're very refreshing.

Alright, alright.  Just let me finish my coffee...  then we'll go watch them slice this fat bastard up.

SciFiAuthor

SARDONDI.

-Fin

I applaud this post for being grammatically correct. Otherwise, I wish I could unread it.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 17, 2015, 12:56:31 PM
I applaud this post for being grammatically correct. Otherwise, I wish I could unread it.

Thank you for the cautionary note.  Sometimes it's good to read threads backwards.

chefist

Quote from: phrodo on June 17, 2015, 12:34:11 PM
I signed up - so far there were only TEN signed up... c'mon people the Patreon was set up by Keith Rowland to help fund the show. Pledge a few bucks a month -- any amount will help. Think of it as a birthday present to Art that keeps on giving.  :D

Done...