• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: akwilly on June 05, 2015, 08:18:39 PM
we might have dated

If your name is really Willy, I'm afraid my bread isn't buttered on that side.

Lilith

Quote from: MV on June 05, 2015, 08:13:10 PM
It sucks living in a truck.

I got tired of breathing diesel exhaust.

You have to leave the truck and walk in to a building if you want to poop, where you will then use a disgusting public bathroom.

Getting a shower can sometimes be difficult.

The pay doesn't adequately compensate you for the real time you actually put into the job. You're only paid when you're rolling.

The job is dangerous, and it opens you up to a million legal vulnerabilities, even if you follow every rule to the letter.

There are entire regions of the country where you can't find a place to park the truck overnight because they are just THAT unfriendly toward the industry and those who work in it. The northeast is the worst.

You are not allowed to carry a gun.

You work around a lot of dummies.

Many states will fine you if you're caught idling your truck. This means no AC if it's a billion degrees outside.

Truck driving turns your back into spaghetti.

You are now subject to intrusive and expensive background checks if you want a hazmat endorsement on your license, which many companies require you to get.

I could go on and on with reasons why I'm glad to be done driving a truck.

*REPORTED*  OFF TOPIC!  Belongs in "Truck Stop Stories" thread  8)

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on June 05, 2015, 08:34:22 PM
I hear having a dating site can be lucrative.

Use BG to market embarrassing YouTube vids while panhandling the members

b_dubb

What happened?  There was something about a studio and then BAM 800 pages. 

chefist

Quote from: b_dubb on June 05, 2015, 08:51:55 PM

What? A studio? And whose this Art Bell guy?

Quote from: chefist on June 05, 2015, 08:53:55 PM
What? A studio? And whose this Art Bell guy?

I don't know.  I think he was on with Falkie once.  Or something.

Art Bell

Speaking of Studio, WOW, Keith and me just got done with a big test after we got the talk back working as it should, Keith put a message on Twitter and we took calls from all over and I must tell you it is awesome! The sound you all will get is going to put anything I have ever worked with to shame.

The Telos gear is simply amazing!

Art

Quote from: b_dubb on June 05, 2015, 08:51:55 PM

You might as well grab a catheter, it'll take you a while to catch up...

However, I can help:

Art Bell is doing the show alone, however their MIGHT be an occasion in which a certain respected female member of this forum has a chance to fill in

- MV (and the creepiest avatar ever) and a guy named Bateman went back and forth a lot of times on what seems to be a misunderstanding, or is fine now, or both.

- The guy with the beer can avatar and successfully go #2 without going #1

- George Noory's talents are subpar to those of Art Bell

- Art Bell is picking up radio stations quicker than Rush Limbaugh can lose them.

All caught up.

PathoJen

Does a thread exist here that discusses Art's old shows? People discussing their favorite guest, moments, etc. I looked, but couldn't find. If it doesn't exist, it should.

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on June 05, 2015, 09:01:14 PM
Speaking of Studio, WOW, Keith and me just got done with a big test after we got the talk back working as it should, Keith put a message on Twitter and we took calls from all over and I must tell you it is awesome! The sound you all will get is going to put anything I have ever worked with to shame.

Art
Great news Art! I wish I'd seen the Tweet.

paladin1991

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on June 05, 2015, 08:17:04 PM
I've trained my body to fake an orgasm.

No need for that after July 20th.  BELLGASMS FOR THE HOUSE!

PathoJen

Darn! I missed this.

jazmunda

Art

I can't believe you didn't notify me. I thought we had a deal. :P

Speaking of studios.... I wonder how the Hawaii studio is going? This must be the 6th or 7th year of building the darned thing. It's gonna be fabyewlash.

ItsOver

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 05, 2015, 09:24:16 PM
Speaking of studios.... I wonder how the Hawaii studio is going? This must be the 6th or 7th year of building the darned thing. It's gonna be fabyewlash.
I hear it's going shwell.

Lilith

Art

I only checked my Twitter a while ago, tried to get hold of you but you were either busy, or already had finished  :-[  Anyway, I left you a contact request...... :'(

PathoJen

Quote from: ItsOver on June 05, 2015, 09:30:26 PM
I hear it's going shwell.

That is still way more fetching then LA or St. Louis.

Catsmile

Quote from: jazmunda on June 05, 2015, 09:18:15 PM
I can't believe you didn't notify me. I thought we had a deal. :P

They call restraining orders a "deal" down under?
Nao I know. You Aussies and ur slang.  :-[

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 05, 2015, 09:24:16 PM

This is Top Secret, but when the Samoan Studio is complete, there will be a special "on the lawn" screening of that 1972 gem, The Brady Bunch episode :  Hawaii Bound.

Surviving cast members will attend the ribbon cutting ceremony.

sydtron

Quote from: Autistic Star Children on June 05, 2015, 09:01:21 PM
You might as well grab a catheter, it'll take you a while to catch up...

However, I can help:

Art Bell is doing the show alone, however their MIGHT be an occasion in which a certain respected female member of this forum has a chance to fill in

Homosexual banter

- MV (and the creepiest avatar ever) and a guy named Bateman went back and forth a lot of times on what seems to be a misunderstanding, or is fine now, or both.

- The guy with the beer can avatar and successfully go #2 without going #1

- George Noory's talents are subpar to those of Art Bell

- Art Bell is picking up radio stations quicker than Rush Limbaugh can lose them.

All caught up.

Fixed  ;D

Art Bell

Tell you what, perhaps Tomorrow or Sunday I will try another test and post up here when I do it, that way you all can give it a try. Damn, the Studio is done and now I don't have a damn thing to do.

Art

Art Bell

One last thing, I am not going to accept contact requests, no need to. After you have made the request you can call me anytime even though I did not add you to what would become a giant list.

Art

Heather Wade

Can we listen to the test on Dark Matter Digital Network?

sydtron

Sounds good Art!

Now to get skype on my phone........... 

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on June 05, 2015, 10:24:50 PM
Tell you what, perhaps Tomorrow or Sunday I will try another test and post up here when I do it, that way you all can give it a try. Damn, the Studio is done and now I don't have a damn thing to do.

Art
That would be amazing! 8)

coaster

have a beer and sweep the gravel. Its what I'd do.

PathoJen

Quote from: coaster on June 05, 2015, 10:29:10 PM
have a beer and sweep the gravel. Its what I'd do.
and scratch yer belly.

sydtron

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 05, 2015, 10:28:36 PM
Can we listen to the test on Dark Matter Digital Network?

Im afraid that would be considered broadcasting.  Wouldnt it?

Heather Wade

Quote from: sydtron on June 05, 2015, 10:30:25 PM
Im afraid that would be considered broadcasting.  Wouldnt it?

Yep.  Just thought it would be fun to listen.  Scratch that idea.

sydtron

Hell yeah it would! I would listen to Art read a phone book and then call a random person with a funny name. Haha.