• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on June 04, 2015, 02:03:19 PM
What made it better is Norry tried to cover up his dumb question with a sharp retort "what about winter wheat?!" But winter wheat is called that simply 'winter wheat' because the strain(s) you plant in the fall and goes dormant during the winter and starts growing in spring- and the more snow coverage you have the better off the winter wheat is (it insulates the crop.) So there isn't tall wheat in the fields in the winter for crop circles to be made but, I guess, the UFOs could make snow-circles then! He tried to look smart and be snide to LMH and failed, yet again.

OMG that actually happened? Guess that's why there is a GNS thread...

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 04, 2015, 01:59:44 PM
CFZM 740 is another option.

I sent one to them, they're on a "clear channel" frequency heard in up to 28 U.S. states after dark.  AM640 can barely be heard only 50 miles away, I hope Noorie stays there haha.

RoseGirl

Quote from: albrecht on June 04, 2015, 02:03:19 PM
What made it better is Norry tried to cover up his dumb question with a sharp retort "what about winter wheat?!" But winter wheat is called that simply 'winter wheat' because the strain(s) you plant in the fall and goes dormant during the winter and starts growing in spring- and the more snow coverage you have the better off the winter wheat is (it insulates the crop.) So there isn't tall wheat in the fields in the winter for crop circles to be made but, I guess, the UFOs could make snow-circles then! He tried to look smart and be snide to LMH and failed, yet again.

Radio gold, I tell ya....radio gold.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: phrodo on June 04, 2015, 02:00:28 PM
I just sent KTRS a note via their listener comments form - http://www.ktrs.com/listener-comments/ - maybe if they get several they will look into carrying Art - so write in and tell them you and your family is in the StL area or listen to them via the net. Right now Larry Conners goes from 9-midnight - but I'd imagine Art's show would pull much better numbers for them than Conners.

Yeah, Art would pull better numbers. I have to admit feeling sort of bad though because Larry Conners is a good guy. He was a TV news broadcaster here for decades, a mainstay of the St. Louis area until he questioned the IRS and the administration in some off-hand remark. He was promptly fired from the TV station. In fact, I think George had him on C2C when it happened. Regardless of one's political leanings, it really was a bad state of affairs. 

jazmunda

Quote from: chefist on June 04, 2015, 12:12:57 PM
Nice of you, George. There's Coke and Pepsi out there...

Yeah but Pepsi sucks.

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 04, 2015, 02:25:34 PM
Yeah, Art would pull better numbers. I have to admit feeling sort of bad though because Larry Conners is a good guy. He was a TV news broadcaster here for decades, a mainstay of the St. Louis area until he questioned the IRS and the administration in some off-hand remark. He was promptly fired from the TV station. In fact, I think George had him on C2C when it happened. Regardless of one's political leanings, it really was a bad state of affairs.
Yes, I recall him being on the show and wouldn't like him to get shafted again. And I really support local AM radio hosts with local stories, knows local news/politics/people, etc and don't like the move to total cookie-cutter, nationally syndicated hosts. Maybe another station in the area will take up the MITD. Having said that though the more stations that pick up MITD the better. This is the opposite of the top-down, cookie-cutter, demographic corporate model of picking up affiliates.

phrodo

Quote from: albrecht on June 04, 2015, 02:28:30 PM
Yes, I recall him being on the show and wouldn't like him to get shafted again. And I really support local AM radio hosts with local stories, knows local news/politics/people, etc and don't like the move to total cookie-cutter, nationally syndicated hosts. Maybe another station in the area will take up the MITD. Having said that though the more stations that pick up MITD the better. This is the opposite of the top-down, cookie-cutter, demographic corporate model of picking up affiliates.

I like Larry too - and yes he's gotten shafted - but since Art's show is free to the station maybe they would just cut Conners' show back an hour and keep his pay the same. Larry's not a night owl like Art and I'd imagine Larry might like to get to sleep an hour earlier at his age.  ;)

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 04, 2015, 01:50:54 PM
You know...I think my favourite Dave moment was when he asked Linda Moulton Howe...in the dead of winter...why there were no crop circles this year?

He asked that same question two months in a row believe it or not, it's all documented in the GNS thread.

chefist

Quote from: jazmunda on June 04, 2015, 02:27:23 PM
Yeah but Pepsi sucks.

Hehe..I threw that softball out there... Jaz knocked it out...

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 04, 2015, 02:25:34 PM
. Fire Larry Conners! That's crazy! Back when anchors were real reporters and not just talking heads.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 02:08:58 PM
Oh, do elaborate.

to my knowledge, and correct me if i'm wrong, your "morning zoo" comment is the first thing you've had to say about redacted being brought on by art.  i definitely don't recall anything along the lines of "congrats" from you at all, and i think the reasons are pretty obvious.  again, correct me if i'm wrong about the history there.

you can "ugh" all you like, as did i when i read your comment, but as a fellow opie and anthony listener, i think your morning zoo comment is connected to the whole morning zoo "radio hole" premise that they've made fun of for so many years.  no, i don't think you would have said that if it were a man art had chosen, particularly if it were you.  that's my opinion.

/elaboration

wenck

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 04, 2015, 01:59:44 PM
CFZM 740 is another option.

I'll have to send them an email too!

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on June 04, 2015, 02:28:30 PM

Absolutely. I've been watching it for years. St. Louis used to have a really vibrant group of radio and TV broadcasters and I've watched them retire off one by one and get replaced with politically correct mediocrity. There's one local morning host here in particular that seems to talk about nothing but smoking bans. Day in, day out. Smoking bans.

Quote from: phrodo on June 04, 2015, 02:33:28 PM
I like Larry too - and yes he's gotten shafted - but since Art's show is free to the station maybe they would just cut Conners' show back an hour and keep his pay the same. Larry's not a night owl like Art and I'd imagine Larry might like to get to sleep an hour earlier at his age.  ;)

Well, I noticed at the time that the St. Louis radio people, including George Noory to his credit, rallied around Conners and he was appearing variously as a guest and guest host around the dial. It would seem to me that Conners could probably be moved to any slot on any station so long as it's radio, he's like the local Walter Cronkite.

bateman

Quote from: MV on June 04, 2015, 02:47:04 PM
to my knowledge, and correct me if i'm wrong, your "morning zoo" comment is the first thing you've had to say about redacted being brought on by art.  i definitely don't recall anything along the lines of "congrats" from you at all, and i think the reasons are pretty obvious.  again, correct me if i'm wrong about the history there.

you can "ugh" all you like, as did i when i read your comment, but as a fellow opie and anthony listener, i think your morning zoo comment is connected to the whole morning zoo "radio hole" premise that they've made fun of for so many years.  no, i don't think you would have said that if it were a man art had chosen, particularly if it were you.  that's my opinion.

/elaboration

That's exactly what I thought you were sidestepping, which is funny because a solid month before this I said I didn't like the co-hosting idea when someone else brought it up. To be clear, I have no desire to co-host with Art because as a listener myself, I want to hear Art on his own. My name has been thrown into the ring only about 300 times by other posters as a weekend host, which I'd happily do, but have never once brought up on my own.

Art Bell

I want to keep things in perspective, what we are about to do is designed to be A Streaming Live show, I have mixed feelings about commercial stations joining. On the one hand it is flattering that they are even before the show starts, BUT I am not trying to build a Network, I already climbed that mountain and we ended up bought out and then changed in ways I will not gripe about here.

We have rules which are documented on the page for stations, if somebody wants to change those rules I will not play the game, greed kills creativity. Been down that road and will not do it again.

Art

RoseGirl

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 02:59:08 PM
I want to keep things in perspective, what we are about to do is designed to be A Streaming Live show, I have mixed feelings about commercial stations joining. On the one hand it is flattering that they are even before the show starts, BUT I am not trying to build a Network, I already climbed that mountain and we ended up bought out and then changed in ways I will not gripe about here.

We have rules which are documented on the page for stations, if somebody wants to change those rules I will not play the game, greed kills creativity. Been down that road and will not do it again.

Art

Oh I hear ya Art....but we need you in as many places as we can get. Baby monitors included.

Hell....I'm thinkin' you should be behind the secret door on Dave's secret door birthday show tonight. After all, he called Gabcast, didn't he?

Pay back, baby....pay back.

FortRock

Quote from: Art Bell on June 03, 2015, 10:38:05 PM
Ok, so here is the deal, you can try stations with Dave on if you want, we already got one BUT its most likely not going to work because they also have Rush and will threaten to cancel if Dave is removed, most likely the reason he is there in the first place. Best bet is try the competition.

To the very best of my understanding we have already made Radio History by stations signing on to a show that has not even started airing yet. Thank you all. This is not yet the blitz but it sure is working!

Always ask for the Manager, or the Program Director when calling.

Art

YOU HAVE JUST HEARD FROM THE FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL! THIS IS MAKING RADIO HISTORY! MY RECOMMENDATION IS KEEP
PRESSURE ON CURRENT COAST STATIONS! RUSH IS A DYING SHOW, WITH DYING POPULARITY! WE ARE PART OF THE PROGRESSIVE
VALUES ON RADIO MOVEMENT! CONTACT ALL STATIONS IN YOUR MARKET, OR WITHIN LISTENING RANGE OF YOUR HOMEBASE!
REMEMBER IF A STATION IS TRYING TO KEEP A POPULAR CONSERVATIVE VOICE ON THEIR STATION, AND ASKS ABOUT IT, ADVISE
THEM TO CONTACT "THE GLEN BECK SHOW" PEOPLE! REMIND THE STATIONS OF ART'S FRIENDSHIP WITH MORMONS IN THE PAHRUMP
VALLEY! DAVE TWINKLETOES AND RUSHING AROUND HIGH IS PART OF OLD HISTORY, ART BELL AND GLEN BECK IS THE PARTNERSHIP
OF THE FUTURE! FIRE IT UP PEOPLE, FIRE IT UP LIKE "THE BLAZE"!

chefist

Been down that road and will not do it again.

Art

Keep it yours Art! What we are seeing is a response to a vacuum in the market...in the future most will get the show streamed or podcasted....some OTA and satellite will go the way of the dodo...

paladin1991

Quote from: Gnoory on June 04, 2015, 12:05:54 PM
Just wanted to thank you all publicly for the many IM birthday wishes. I do appreciate it.
And to AB best to you on your new endeavor. Leave some room for me! LOL

GN

Thanks for stopping in!  As for paranormal....how bout getting to the bottom of my Malachai Martin CD's that were promised years back when I joined Coast Insider?  It's as if they went through a portal.  Never to be seen.

popple

Is everyone required to over the top congratulate redacted? Even she said it was only a maybe..... 

RoseGirl

Quote from: popple on June 04, 2015, 03:05:37 PM
Is everyone required to over the top congratulate redacted? Even she said it was only a maybe.....

Oh congratulate her! Everything in radio is a maybe.

Art Bell

Asia tells her friends that maybe means no.

Art

chefist

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 04, 2015, 03:07:38 PM
Oh congratulate her! Everything in radio is a maybe.

Except C2C...that's garanteed crap...

RoseGirl

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 03:09:19 PM

Art

Oh dear...she may be the more management sort then.

bateman

As for the sexism charge...  ::)

I'd feel this way if a "co-host" were a RED BLOODED TRUCK DRIVIN' MMMMURICAN MAN or a fat Haitian woman.

paladin1991

Art

Your bat, your balls, your game.  Sure they might want to tweak up the rules.  So what.  If they don't want to play your game, they can sit on the sidelines and watch.  And really, what kind of fun is that?

coaster

Quote from: Art Bell on June 04, 2015, 03:09:19 PM

Art
heh. What does Airyn think of you coming back to radio? Are they excited too?

RoseGirl

Quote from: bateman on June 04, 2015, 03:13:06 PM
As for the sexism charge...  ::)

I'd feel this way if a "co-host" were a RED BLOODED TRUCK DRIVIN' MMMMURICAN MAN or a fat Haitian woman.

What sexism charge? There's been a sexism charge?

shocking