• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Khameleon808 on June 03, 2015, 12:48:51 PM
Sidenote. Just got off the phone with a PD in Birmingham. Told me he was interested and to send him the links to Art's stuff.  Man this is much more fun than I thought!!
  Only after the 4th call too!  And thats only cause the other 2 were out to lunch and only had promotion directors in the office. 

And Im being very nice, descriptive and professional about how I ask too.

Hell yeah.  I should start recording these calls  :P

art... you should make khameleon your PR/affiliate relations guy.  he's a legit chap.

nextgen.fm

so that's what it is like to have no dump button   ;D

EDIT now george knows what tommy goes through every night

PathoJen

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2015, 12:46:34 PM
I'm a Libertarian..say whatever you want! Just don't mess with my Art Bell Show, my family and my Malbec!
Samsies.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 03, 2015, 12:53:22 PM
so that's what it is like to have no dump button   ;D

heh heh, well, i wouldn't have dumped that word anyway.  if i had a dump button, i think it would very rarely be used if ever.  as i think about it, i can't recall a single moment where i ever regretted not having one.

PathoJen

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 12:45:26 PM
i only heard that word on the show one time last night.
I will have to listen again I thought I heard it a bunch of times, all in that same timeframe.

ItsOver

Quote from: Khameleon808 on June 03, 2015, 12:48:51 PM
Sidenote. Just got off the phone with a PD in Birmingham. Told me he was interested and to send him the links to Art's stuff.  Man this is much more fun than I thought!!
  Only after the 4th call too!  And thats only cause the other 2 were out to lunch and only had promotion directors in the office. 

And Im being very nice, descriptive and professional about how I ask too.

Hell yeah.  I should start recording these calls  :P
I'll bet the PD didn't say "Dave Bell" once.

chefist

Quote from: PathoJen on June 03, 2015, 12:53:33 PM
Samsies.

Well, Jen...we can always rely on Art and the wine to satisfy...the family, well????

nextgen.fm

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 12:54:41 PM
heh heh, well, i wouldn't have dumped that word anyway.  if i had a dump button, i think it would very rarely be used if ever.  as i think about it, i can't recall a single moment where i ever regretted not having one.

HEY it happened and everyone lived!   I think that was most excitement george has had in a while :)

The General

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 03, 2015, 12:59:08 PM
HEY it happened and everyone lived!

Totally.
Stick around, Nick El. 
Nobody has a problem with you unless you turn it into that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 03, 2015, 12:59:08 PM
HEY it happened and everyone lived!

well, we have yet to see if nick el ass will slit his wrists over this, so let's give it a bit and see, first.

coaster

I want to make out with redacted. Just sayin'

chefist

Quote from: coaster on June 03, 2015, 01:04:38 PM
I want to make out with redacted. Just sayin'

might want to change that avatar first...ya know, set the mood...

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on June 03, 2015, 12:37:56 PM
Man, this is just sad, it sounds like what people say when they are voted off the Island.

Art

I never knew there was an island to be voted off of (or that it was being voted on), Art.

Quote from: The General on June 03, 2015, 12:47:39 PM
If you were truly offended and decided to walk away from Bellgab, you would have just done it.  But you're raising a big stink about it like it's REALLY IMPORTANT that everybody gets all understandy about your feeeelings and how they were ruffled.  You're making something about you that was not ever even remotely about you, you're appropriating a slur and an offense that never even happened, and it just makes you look silly.  It's attitudes like this that force daily insincere public apologies that aren't even warranted in order to 'save someone's career' because they used their freedom of speech in a way that made somebody's butthurt swell up and pulsate.  Thankfully, MV doesn't give a shit about someone taking offense about such an insignificant faux pas that was playfully insulting at worst, and NOT EVEN DIRECTED AT YOU!

It was never about me General, but others sure are saying that.  It was about how people who may be new coming into this deal will hear such comments from host and co-host, and be turned off by it. Thus hurting Art in the long run. If he is ok with that than so be it. The comment I made was not meant as any kind of major announcement at all. My leaving doesn't warrant one.

jerry

I sent off a note to WHIO here in Dayton.  Here is the reply... it's not a yes or a maybe, but it's also not a NO.

"Thanks for the email on this, Jerry!

Jeremy Ratliff |AM 1290 and News 95.7 WHIO Director of Branding and Programming

1611 South Main Street Dayton, Ohio 45409
p: 937-259-2504 |
jeremy.ratliff@coxinc.com"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Nick el Ass on June 03, 2015, 01:08:17 PM
My leaving doesn't warrant one.

finally we're in agreement.

coaster

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2015, 01:06:35 PM
might want to change that avatar first...ya know, set the mood...
If this avatar doesn't set the mood, I don't know what will.

Khameleon808

Hell yeah Jerry.

Even if they dont have a slot for him, just them knowing that he's coming back and that his fans are willing to go grassroots for him, is equally important.

Keep it up man!!

chefist

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 01:09:30 PM
finally we're in agreement.

Can folks file for Teenage Emancipation here MV if things don't work out?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2015, 01:11:32 PM
Can folks file for Teenage Emancipation here MV if things don't work out?

usually DFS removes them due to the cigarette burns before it comes to that.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on June 03, 2015, 01:11:04 PM

I hear ya...hard to resist Dave when he cleans his portals...

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 12:52:59 PM
art... you should make khameleon your PR/affiliate relations guy.  he's a legit chap.

Chap?

RoseGirl

I just have to say....I listened to the recording of GabCast with George on and, well....I was just a bit shocked. George is right...that's a lot of hate.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Nick el Ass on June 03, 2015, 01:08:17 PM

I never knew there was an island to be voted off of (or that it was being voted on), Art.

It was never about me General, but others sure are saying that.  It was about how people who may be new coming into this deal will hear such comments from host and co-host, and be turned off by it. Thus hurting Art in the long run. If he is ok with that than so be it. The comment I made was not meant as any kind of major announcement at all. My leaving doesn't warrant one.

I thought it was a given that Midnight In The Desert and The GabCast are two very different shows, with different vibes to them. 

chefist

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 01:13:14 PM
usually DFS removes them due to the cigarette burns before it comes to that.

Good to know...I mentioned CPS (your DFS) last night...of course no personal experience with them, documented that is...

jerry

Hey MV, people keep saying your avatar is disturbing.  I think it would be MUCH more disturbing if the head on Coaster's was imposed upon yours!  Even the tilt is just about right :)

Khameleon808

MV could always go back to his Tim & Eric cherry picks.   

ItsOver

Quote from: coaster on June 03, 2015, 01:11:04 PM
You could always try Gnoory purging the sinuses. 

lonevoice

Quote from: Nick el Ass on June 03, 2015, 12:10:57 PM
Love is a good thing even when it is vague. Goodbye BellGab, and please be kind too each other.
Nick, I sincerely hope you’ll take a bit of time and reconsider voting yourself off the island.  I’ve appreciated the many contributions you’ve made to this forum, and your posts often make me laugh out loud.   You’re a well-liked Bellgabber, and it would be sad to lose your voice on this ride. 

Words mean things, except when they don’t, and the word that offended you is one of those without meaning in the context in which it was used.  I think you know that.  Everyone’s sense of humor is different too.  There’s a fair amount of humor on this board that revolves around guys making innuendos about each other’s sexual orientation.   There’s a fair amount of bathroom humor and autoerotic humor as well.  Personally, it's not funny to me; not because I find it insulting or offensive, it simply doesn’t float my boat.  However, it’s ridiculously easy to step around it or ignore it, especially since a lot of the posters I otherwise enjoy seem to like it.   

Maybe just take a break and we’ll save a seat for you when you come back?

nbirnes

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 03, 2015, 01:16:13 PM
I thought it was a given that Midnight In The Desert and The GabCast are two very different shows, with different vibes to them.

There are probably no givens anymore. Only expectations, based on what Big Media is serving. Soon, you will have to use AutoTune so your voice sounds nice(er).

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 03, 2015, 01:14:08 PM
Chap?

i became british for two seconds while typing that.