• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

wr250

Quote from: ItsOver on June 03, 2015, 10:12:20 AM
These two need to merge meet.

i have no desire to meet george.

Khameleon808

Was gonna do some groundpounding today and call some radio stations and talk to program managers about art coming back.  I was wondering if anyone has a link to the post keith made listing the stations on board so far?

Little Hater

Quote from: FortRock on June 03, 2015, 10:51:09 AM
HELP ME, DAVE TWINKLETOES JUST MADE ME NAUSEOUS WITH A PROMOTION OF HIS!!

OLE' TURMERIC BREATH IS AT IT AGAIN WITH ONE OF HIS SHAMELESS PROMOTIONS OF HIS
HAVE YOU HEARD THAT PARANORMAL'S MR. HEFNER IS BACKING A COMPUTER DATING SERVICE
CALLED "PARANORMAL DATE"? YES, A COMPUTER DATING SITE FOR ENTHUSIASTS OF THE
PARANORMAL! TALK ABOUT CLASSLESSNESS AND TACKINESS. THE FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL
WOULD NOT BACK SUCH A SITE! COME ON JULY 20TH, WE NEED ART BELL! THIS PROMOTION
HAS NOW BECOME A REPORTED NEWS ITEM ON HUFFINGTON POST:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/03/george-noory-paranormal-date_n_7455236.html

I fear this is Noory's 'big news' announcement scheduled for tonight.

chefist

Quote from: Khameleon808 on June 03, 2015, 12:03:27 PM
Was gonna do some groundpounding today and call some radio stations and talk to program managers about art coming back.  I was wondering if anyone has a link to the post keith made listing the stations on board so far?

http://artbell.com/radio-stations/

Pahrump, Fresno and Needles now on board!

Nick el Ass

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 11:56:36 AM
i'm not interested in your opinion of me, and i have no "case" to help.  i simply explained the context of things, and apparently the explanation isn't acceptable to you.  oh well.

words are harmless until you personally choose to give them power.  don't expect me to respect your personal moral lines which are based on your experiences, not mine.  again... see ya.

If that helps you sleep better so be it.

/Btw, I'm not easily amused nor offended. I love BellGab, and have from day one. I think it is one thing to tell someone they are bad at their job, but by using such terms you may not mean offense... but that may give others the strength to do the opposite if they think it is ok.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2015, 11:59:47 AM
I just want us to love each other again...is that so wrong?

Love is a good thing even when it is vague. Goodbye BellGab, and please be kind too each other.

Khameleon808

Thank you chefist :)  I am not gonna stop until i get at least 10 maybes today.  I have the next couple days off from editing. So I am gonna take advantage of Jamunda's suggestion about what we can do to help in addition to bringing fans in. Im fairly good at talking to people, so it should be fun.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Nick el Ass on June 03, 2015, 12:08:05 PM
If that helps you sleep better so be it.

i sleep wonderfully.  i didn't know disagreeing with you should make it difficult to sleep.  what an opinion you must have of yourself.

PathoJen

Quote from: Nick el Ass on June 03, 2015, 12:10:57 PM
Love is a good thing even when it is vague. Goodbye BellGab, and please be kind too each other.
See ya Nick. For what it's worth, you have always been one of my favorite posters. *bummed*

chefist

Quote from: Khameleon808 on June 03, 2015, 12:12:00 PM
Thank you chefist :)  I am not gonna stop until i get at least 10 maybes today.  I have the next couple days off from editing. So I am gonna take advantage of Jamunda's suggestion about what we can do to help in addition to bringing fans in. Im fairly good at talking to people, so it should be fun.

hehe...Jamunda...good luck!

Nick el Ass

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 12:17:11 PM
i sleep wonderfully.  i didn't know disagreeing with you should make it difficult to sleep.  what an opinion you must have of yourself.

Like a G.I. Joe toy with amazing Kung-fu grip MV has a button on his back that lets him deflect things with lightning fast speed. It isn't about me, or the impact of my comments it's is about yeeeeeeew.

Quote from: chefist on June 03, 2015, 12:05:16 PM
http://artbell.com/radio-stations/

Pahrump, Fresno and Needles now on board!
8 terrestrial affiliates and it is June 3rd. Awesome!

MV/Liberace!

if i were known to be gay and redacted called me a fag in the context of my sexuality, then fine.  be offended.  you'd be reasonable to have that reaction.  but this notion of certain words being OFF LIMITS regardless of context... that's group-think stupidity and i have no time for it.  context is everything when analyzing the words someone chooses to use.  this push to entirely eliminate certain words from the vernacular, regardless of context or intent or what's in the heart of the user, is dangerous and devoid of any intellectual exertion.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Nick el Ass on June 03, 2015, 12:27:22 PM

Like a G.I. Joe toy with amazing Kung-fu grip MV has a button on his back that lets him deflect things with lightning fast speed. It isn't about me, or the impact of my comments it's is about yeeeeeeew.

ok.

Art Bell

Man, this is just sad, it sounds like what people say when they are voted off the Island.

Art

MV/Liberace!

It isn't about me, or the impact of my comments it's is about yeeeeeeew.

and by the way... it's only about you to the extent that you chose to make it so with your grand departure announcement.  lame.  also, i found your comments to be without impact.

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on June 03, 2015, 12:37:56 PM
Man, this is just sad, it sounds like what people say when they are voted off the Island.

Art
what is sad Art? The fact that someone is leaving over a podcast? or the "fag" word being said. And btw, it wasn't said once, it was a barrage of "fag" coming from all sides.

nextgen.fm

MV towel around the neck joke  last night , george laughed lol

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PathoJen on June 03, 2015, 12:42:16 PM
And btw, it wasn't said once, it was a barrage of "fag" coming from all sides.

i only heard that word on the show one time last night.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 03, 2015, 12:42:36 PM
MV towel around the neck joke  last night , george laughed lol

heh heh, yeah, but i wonder if he really got what i was alluding to.

chefist

Art

I'm a Libertarian..say whatever you want! Just don't mess with my Art Bell Show, my family and my Malbec!

nextgen.fm

i feel that's the most personality george has ever shown on radio ever on gabcast last night, he sounded like he was enjoying himself

chefist

Quote from: MV on June 03, 2015, 12:45:57 PM
heh heh, yeah, but i wonder if he really got what i was alluding to.

No

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nextgenfm on June 03, 2015, 12:46:50 PM
i feel that's the most personality george has ever shown on radio ever on gabcast last night, he sounded like he was enjoying himself

i wish we had more time.  i really wanted to take a lot more calls.

The General

If you were truly offended and decided to walk away from Bellgab, you would have just done it.  But you're raising a big stink about it like it's REALLY IMPORTANT that everybody gets all understandy about your feeeelings and how they were ruffled.  You're making something about you that was not ever even remotely about you, you're appropriating a slur and an offense that never even happened, and it just makes you look silly.  It's attitudes like this that force daily insincere public apologies that aren't even warranted in order to 'save someone's career' because they used their freedom of speech in a way that made somebody's butthurt swell up and pulsate.  Thankfully, MV doesn't give a shit about someone taking offense about such an insignificant faux pas that was playfully insulting at worst, and NOT EVEN DIRECTED AT YOU!

albrecht

Quote from: PathoJen on June 03, 2015, 11:24:55 AM
On another note, how on earth did he know about MV's wife's ethnicity? THAT was creep-ville in my opinion.
That was odd. Norry clearly reads the forum and listens to the show a lot more often than he claims. Or maybe he sent his paralegals to do a back-ground check on MV.

Khameleon808

Sidenote. Just got off the phone with a PD in Birmingham. Told me he was interested and to send him the links to Art's stuff.  Man this is much more fun than I thought!!
  Only after the 4th call too!  And thats only cause the other 2 were out to lunch and only had promotion directors in the office. 

And Im being very nice, descriptive and professional about how I ask too.

Hell yeah.  I should start recording these calls  :P

K_Dubb

Art

Well he's electing to leave an uninhibited, occasionally savage island.  I think MV is entirely right in standing up for uninhibited speech; the benefits far outweigh the costs.  But there are costs.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on June 03, 2015, 12:47:39 PM
Thankfully, MV doesn't give a shit about someone taking offense about such an insignificant faux pas that was playfully insulting at worst, and NOT EVEN DIRECTED AT YOU!

getting back to the quality of my sleep... it helps to know i don't have sponsors nick el ass can harass or a cowardly boss he can write letters to.

Skunk Ape

Let's get on to something that's truly offensive.

Can we get more Liberace? This guy is just too uncomfortable to look at.  ;D