• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: Art Bell on June 01, 2015, 01:39:49 PM
Maybe one of you can help me, does anybody know the Year I first got Yetti? I honestly can not remember, I must have said something on air. I don't think he will be with us much longer, he throws up a lot so we give him milk which settles his belly.

Art

Not too long ago I listened to the show where you announced Yeti as the winning name, but for the life of me I can't remember which show it was.

boxman

Quote from: alger on May 30, 2015, 09:46:32 AM
I don't understand why people want Art back?  He had a good run for a time but the genre is as boring as George Noory  He must be 75 years old and he's certainly been exposed as a bad parent to say the least. He has always employed the same interviewing stye as Jorche. Talk over the guest.  I bet old "Long John Neville" shows would be more interesting than the stuff Art or C2C do now.
I dont think they are comparable at all.
The difference between Art and Noory is that Art knows when to interrupt the guest/caller and when he should let them speak.
Noory on the other hand interrupts his guests when they are talking about something that I find highly interesting while he can let them drone on and on about nothing at other times.

I am even a skeptic of most of the topics covered, but yet Art has this magical ability to still make it entertaining and interesting to listen to.

aldousburbank

Quote from: PathoJen on June 01, 2015, 02:57:57 PM
Oh, on July 20th  ;)
Thanks!
Why can't everyone be this helpful?

PathoJen

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on June 01, 2015, 02:59:42 PM
Not too long ago I listened to the show where you announced Yeti as the winning name, but for the life of me I can't remember which show it was.
I wonder if Art took Yeti to the vet when he first acquired him? That would be a good way to get the year of the cat.
If that episode was on U7, and you remember which day you heard it, I think they list the shows they've played on their website. WE can crack this mystery!

Maybe one of you can help me, does anybody know the Year I first got Yetti? I honestly can not remember, I must have said something on air. I don't think he will be with us much longer, he throws up a lot so we give him milk which settles his belly.

Art

I've only found internet references to Yeti going back to the beginning of 2006.  I don't suppose that helps much.

chinaclipper

Quote from: chefist on June 01, 2015, 09:20:23 AM
Does everyone else get Fort Rock's avatar in the page tab, or is that just me?

I do NOT!!  must assume I am classified 4-F.....(guess that means i'm officer material)

Zenman

Quote from: starrmtn001 on June 01, 2015, 10:20:29 AM
Art, you may have just upped the sales on atomic clocks!  :D

Or at least upped the rate of heart attacks when they see how much those things cost. Yow.

ItsOver

Quote from: chinaclipper on June 01, 2015, 03:32:32 PM
I do NOT!!  must assume I am classified 4-F.....(guess that means i'm officer material)
That or you're qualified as a substitute for Dave.

ks3484

For decades NASA has vigorously defended it's Moon mission. Well I think that now they will have to vigorously defend why they made up the Moon mission. NASA is just now trying to find a way to protect humans from the radiation they would encounter leaving Earth's atmosphere and magnetic field. ◄Wasn't that done almost 50 years ago when we were told that we went to the Moon?

"Crews on their way to Mars and other distant destinations will venture beyond Earth's protective atmosphere and magnetic field, so they will be subject to relatively high levels of radiation both from the sun and from galactic cosmic rays â€" high-energy particles believed to originate from supernovas"....

• Aug. 20, 1997 Coast To Coast AM With Art Bell Did We Go To The Moon Debate Richard C Hoagland & James Collier

• 1997-08-20 Coast To Coast AM With Art Bell Did We Go To The Moon Debate

• 5 Mars Mission Radiation Shield Ideas Win NASA Challenge

• 1997 James Collier Was It Only a Paper Moon - LEM Analysis

• More about Earth's protective atmosphere and magnetic field

• Mars-Bound Astronauts Could Face Higher Risk of Cancer

chefist

Quote from: ks3484 on June 01, 2015, 03:52:02 PM
For decades NASA has vigorously defended it's Moon mission. Well I think that now they will have to vigorously defend why they made up the Moon mission. NASA is just now trying to find a way to protect humans from the radiation they would encounter leaving Earth's atmosphere and magnetic field. ◄Wasn't that done almost 50 years ago when we were told that we went to the Moon?

"Crews on their way to Mars and other distant destinations will venture beyond Earth's protective atmosphere and magnetic field, so they will be subject to relatively high levels of radiation both from the sun and from galactic cosmic rays â€" high-energy particles believed to originate from supernovas"....

• June 7, 1995 Coast to Coast AM Art Bell - Mars & Moon with Richard C. Hoagland

• 5 Mars Mission Radiation Shield Ideas Win NASA Challenge

• 1997 James Collier Was It Only a Paper Moon - LEM Analysis

• More about Earth's protective atmosphere and magnetic field

• Manned Mars Mission Could Pose High Radiation Risk

Nasa engineers used thin layers of lead and gold to shield the space crafts and space suits of the astronauts to protect from the radiation. Due to their mass, they offer an obstacle for long distance space flight...new shielding materials must be found...

FortRock

Art

TO ART BELL:
MY UNCLE WAS A VETERINARIAN WITH A PRACTICE IN EUGENE, OREGON DURING THE 1960'S. YETI'S SYMPTOMS, AND THE FACT THE KITTIE HAS LONG HAIR, TELLS ME WHEN HE GROOMS, HE INGESTS QUANTITITES OF LOOSE HAIR THAT IS HAVING A HARD TIME PASSING BECAUSE OF AN AGING GASTRO SYSTEM. HERE'S MY UNCLE, DR. HAROLD RUSSELL'S TRICK IN THIS AREA. GIVE YETI ONE TABLESPOON EVERY OTHER DAY OF OLIVE OIL, THE SAME KIND YOU'D USE FOR YOUR SALAD DRESSINGS YOU MAKE! ALSO THIS IS GOING TO SOUND STRANGE, EVERY OTHER DAY ALSO GIVE YETI ONE BEATEN RAW EGG! YETI WILL BE BUZZING AROUND IN NO TIME! YETI SIMPLY HAS AN AGING G.I. SYSTEM THAT NEEDS HELP WITH PROTEIN AND HAIR!

Lowbot

I might have to go ahead and make one of these.

chefist

Looks like the corporate shenanigans are beginning!

bateman

Quote from: chefist on June 01, 2015, 04:54:00 PM

Now isn't that interesting.

ItsOver

The Evil PremRat Empire strikes.  Keep your eyes peeled for a Death Star, Art.

albrecht

Those paralegals are at it again I see. Who cares? Nothing they can do to stop MITD. Even a mist tunnel with piped-in music is no match for Art Bell.

ADG12311990

I think we know who... The man with every changing hair.

chefist

Quote from: ADG12311990 on June 01, 2015, 05:08:00 PM

Strategic toupees..

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on June 01, 2015, 05:00:47 PM
Those paralegals are at it again I see. Who cares? Nothing they can do to stop MITD. Even a mist tunnel with piped-in music is no match for Art Bell.

Arts going to jump out of a mist filled tunnel on July 20!

aldousburbank

This looks like the Post Office wanted posters of my youth.

FortRock

THE GUY OF A MILLION TURMERIC BOTTLES DOES NOT HAVE KNOWLEDGE TO PULL THAT OFF!

HERE'S THE REALITY RATTY PREM MURKEY DITCH IS FACING, READ THIS KENI ARE NOT ALONE AMONGST STATIONS!
MANY STATIONS, ART HAS NOT CHOSEN TO DISCLOSE THEIR ID'S YET, ARE ABANDONING AWFUL SHIP TWINKLETOES!
THERE IS PANIC IN MEDFORD, OREGON AND BURBANK, CALIFORNIA! THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO! ALL THEY HAVE
IN THEIR POWER TO DO IS STOP A 30 TO 45 MINUTE SKYPE LECTURE FROM THE FIELD MARSHALL! PRETTY WEAK!! BE
PREPARED FOR ANYTHING, ATTEMPTS AT WEIRD COURT INJUNCTIONS, FALSE ACCUSATIONS, CHEAP BASENESS, DISCUS-
SIONS OF THINGS FROM THE PAST. THIS IS THE TIME RUNNING THROUGH THE HOURGLASS THAT WAS COAST - NOORY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po94MW8sV2U

munbeam666

Quote from: ItsOver on June 01, 2015, 04:59:09 PM
The Evil PremRat Empire strikes.  Keep your eyes peeled for a Death Star, Art.
Where is Darth Zeebo when we need him?

ge30542

Quote from: FortRock on June 01, 2015, 04:00:31 PM
TO ART BELL:
MY UNCLE WAS A VETERINARIAN WITH A PRACTICE IN EUGENE, OREGON DURING THE 1960'S. YETI'S SYMPTOMS, AND THE FACT THE KITTIE HAS LONG HAIR, TELLS ME WHEN HE GROOMS, HE INGESTS QUANTITITES OF LOOSE HAIR THAT IS HAVING A HARD TIME PASSING BECAUSE OF AN AGING GASTRO SYSTEM. HERE'S MY UNCLE, DR. HAROLD RUSSELL'S TRICK IN THIS AREA. GIVE YETI ONE TABLESPOON EVERY OTHER DAY OF OLIVE OIL, THE SAME KIND YOU'D USE FOR YOUR SALAD DRESSINGS YOU MAKE! ALSO THIS IS GOING TO SOUND STRANGE, EVERY OTHER DAY ALSO GIVE YETI ONE BEATEN RAW EGG! YETI WILL BE BUZZING AROUND IN NO TIME! YETI SIMPLY HAS AN AGING G.I. SYSTEM THAT NEEDS HELP WITH PROTEIN AND HAIR!
Im 56, and, as does Yeti, I too need help with loose hair in my aging G.I. tract.
Thanks for the olive oil tip FortRock, I'm gonna try it!

chefist

Quote from: ge30542 on June 01, 2015, 05:35:13 PM
Im 56, and, as does Yeti, I too need help with loose hair in my aging G.I. tract.
Thanks for the olive oil tip FortRock, I'm gonna try it!

Ah come on...you're a youngin!

nika01

This might cause some to fill CITD's inbox with letters of inquiry

morgana213

I've been reading the posts on Art's FB page.  A lot of people are referring to Dave as well...Dave.  There's this one sweet soul that is replying to those posts and correcting them with "It's George Norry, not Dave."  Priceless!!! ;D

Art Bell

Yes, what a Mystery in the Desert huh? I didn't want to write of all this until my Producer Dr J got out of there alive, which he now has. I guess History is again in repeat, oh well.

As for Yetti, of course we took him to the Vet here in Pahrump when we got him but that office is long closed.

Art

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on June 01, 2015, 06:05:30 PM
Yes, what a Mystery in the Desert huh? I didn't want to write of all this until my Producer Dr J got out of there alive, which he now has. I guess History is again in repeat, oh well.

As for Yetti, of course we took him to the Vet here in Pahrump when we got him but that office is long closed.

Art

Art. I was at a conference in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. 10 years ago the average large corp had a life cycle of 15 years...now it is only 6...why? Smaller more nimble companies use technology to their advantage! You are on that wave sir!

All the best with Yeti! Poor little guy.