• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

laserjock

I wish I knew what is going on.  I only heard the last 3rd of gabcast last night.

Marc.Knight

I guess I missed some big news.  Or, did I?

nika01

Quote from: laserjock on April 10, 2015, 11:45:49 AM
I wish I knew what is going on.  I only heard the last 3rd of gabcast last night.

lucky you. I can only stomach about 2 minutes of it myself

ge30542

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 10, 2015, 11:48:54 AM
I guess I missed some big news.  Or, did I?

If you're fortunate enough to be on "the list", you will be informed. If you're uncool & not on "the list", you'll remain in the dark.
I've been in the dark since I missed out on making "the list" in High School in the 70s.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: ge30542 on April 10, 2015, 11:53:56 AM
If you're fortunate enough to be on "the list", you will be informed. If you're uncool & not on "the list", you'll remain in the dark.
I've been in the dark since I missed out on making "the list" in High School in the 70s.

Then I guess we will all be in the dark at Midnight in the Desert.

nika01

Its another game of some sort. Why and by whom isn't clear.

Marc.Knight

Might as well throw this out there again.

To Be Or Not To Be Song-Hamlet

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: nika01 on April 10, 2015, 11:49:02 AM
lucky you. I can only stomach about 2 minutes of it myself

i use prints of your posts to sop up my occasional midday swamp ass.

laserjock

Hope whatever it is, it's good news. 

No Quarter

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 10, 2015, 11:09:28 AM
doesn't anybody listen to the Gabcast?  If you can't take a clue, then why should you possibly have a boatspace on the ARK when...

that's, um, okay, I let on more fm the PM than I should have.  You're just gonna have to follow the clues and figure it out.  You are a human being.  Adapt.  Don't expect me to drag your hairless ape ass along the Darwinian road.

Or you could just PM MV and Curtis.

Yeah...that is a big pile of (B)oiling (S)ewage...

While I have loved staying on this roller coaster ride of will he/won't he get back on the air, I am getting VERY TIRED of this game of secrets being played.  As a long time listener of Art's, I come on to these boards to get information directly from the source on how the new venture is going. Then, when I am able to log on to look, I am being told that there is something super-big happening, but it's also super-secret, so, unless you just happen to be on the board for the 2 or 3 milliseconds while the super-big news is 'breaking', you are pretty much screwed in finding out that news (unless, of course, you want to PM someone...).

I understand that there may be information that does not need to be leaked to the 'other camp', but this sort of 'I know something that you don't know' childishness is extremely annoying to those of us (well, me, at least  :)  ) who are genuinely interested in hearing any new developments.

While my interest in Art's potential return is as high as ever, my interest in following this inner-circle nonsense is rapidly waning.

Beyond that, I have thoroughly enjoyed this board, (mostly) everyone on it, as well as the GabCasts.

I hope I did not sound too bitchy; just venting frustrations at feeling like I am being left out *queue childish whine*   :D

nika01

Quote from: MV on April 10, 2015, 11:58:31 AM

Cool. I am glad that you are recycling.

channer1

Oh my christ.......I was afraid we were done with the PM hijinks. 

Tee hee hee,  titter titter, poke poke grab grab

laserjock

Is there a way to listen to last night's gabcast?

chinaclipper

great job on the changeover, MV

nika01

Quote from: laserjock on April 10, 2015, 12:04:19 PM
Is there a way to listen to last night's gabcast?
Seriously, why would you want to subject yourself to that willingly?

MV, more sanitary napkin material.

Marc.Knight

Ever try using that for compost?  You might be able to save the environment.

laserjock

I like the gabcast, though one of the hosts has a hissing laugh that is annoying.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: laserjock on April 10, 2015, 12:07:41 PM
I like the gabcast, though one of the hosts has a hissing laugh that is annoying.

That's the swamp ass.

YNOT

Hehe.

The site is mucho better. Thanks for suggesting to use openDNS's servers. It took awhile for my ISP's to update.

rzr1911

I'm going to call Lindsey Williams. He knows everything.
*grabbing a pen and paper to write it down*

laserjock

My stupid ISP provided gateway won't let me change the DNS settings.

ge30542

Surely it relates to good news, I just don't imagine that there would be so much cloak & dagger around "bad news".
Probably good news we'll hear in time.

laserjock

Oh well.  If we don't rate being on the list, there's a good reason for it, so we'll wait until us poor Morlocks get our cave feeding...

YNOT

Quote from: laserjock on April 10, 2015, 12:09:40 PM
My stupid ISP provided gateway won't let me change the DNS settings.

If you use windows you can override the dns server if you go to the IPv4 settings and add DNS there.

laserjock

Yeah, I actually already did that.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: No Quarter on April 10, 2015, 12:02:31 PM
Yeah...that is a big pile of (B)oiling (S)ewage...

While I have loved staying on this roller coaster ride of will he/won't he get back on the air, I am getting VERY TIRED of this game of secrets being played.  As a long time listener of Art's, I come on to these boards to get information directly from the source on how the new venture is going. Then, when I am able to log on to look, I am being told that there is something super-big happening, but it's also super-secret, so, unless you just happen to be on the board for the 2 or 3 milliseconds while the super-big news is 'breaking', you are pretty much screwed in finding out that news (unless, of course, you want to PM someone...).

I understand that there may be information that does not need to be leaked to the 'other camp', but this sort of 'I know something that you don't know' childishness is extremely annoying to those of us (well, me, at least  :)  ) who are genuinely interested in hearing any new developments.

While my interest in Art's potential return is as high as ever, my interest in following this inner-circle nonsense is rapidly waning.

Beyond that, I have thoroughly enjoyed this board, (mostly) everyone on it, as well as the GabCasts.

I hope I did not sound too bitchy; just venting frustrations at feeling like I am being left out *queue childish whine*   :D

what you need to understand is that each "secret message" or "clue" or whatever has been a joke, almost every single time.  during one of these instances, i instructed users to send me a private message so they could be informed of the "secret plan" laid out in code by art.  well, anyone who bothered to send me a private message quickly noticed my account is not capable of receiving private messages, so the joke was assumed to be established in that way.  there were other angles to the whole gag, but you get the point.

the only actual information art has released has been rather direct and to the point.  if anything, i'd say he's been 1000% more forthcoming about the behind the scenes stuff than any other broadcaster in his position would be.  would limbaugh spend time in a forum with his fans keeping them apprised of the day to day ups and downs in his contract negotiations?  no way.  neither would hannity, savage, beck or anyone else.  i'd say as art bell fans, we're pretty damn lucky to have that level of interaction.

but, all of that aside, i just want to summarize with this:  every "secret" message referred to by art or anyone else has just been a gag (as far as i can recall).  nobody has been left out of anything.  neither i nor anyone else knows anything that the rest of you don't know. 

phrodo

Quote from: YNOT on April 10, 2015, 12:12:01 PM
If you use windows you can override the dns server if you go to the IPv4 settings and add DNS there.

I did that and this forum is too fast now. l miss going to get a snack or taking a piss between page loads.

laserjock

MV, glad the move over worked, it is faster.  Is there any way to hear last night's gabcast?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: laserjock on April 10, 2015, 12:07:41 PM

that's redacted.