• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

gabrielle

Quote from: Art Bell on September 16, 2015, 04:12:05 PM
To be fair and accurate, I was introduced to Airyn by Carl Richardson my Brother in Law who is also a Ham and is alive and well. While it is true that we chatted on line. We did not meet on some dating service. I would drive a ten penny nail into my head before I would advertise a Paranormal dating service or for that matter any at all. I am very careful what I attach my name with, I really have to believe in the product.

Art

Thank you Carl Richardson!   

Am I the only one watching the debate on CNN?

AppealPlay

Quote from: Art Bell on September 16, 2015, 04:12:05 PM
To be fair and accurate, I was introduced to Airyn by Carl Richardson my Brother in Law who is also a Ham and is alive and well. While it is true that we chatted on line. We did not meet on some dating service. I would drive a ten penny nail into my head before I would advertise a Paranormal dating service or for that matter any at all. I am very careful what I attach my name with, I really have to believe in the product.

Art

You rule.  Art rules. :D

BellBoy

Quote from: Skunk Ape on September 16, 2015, 04:31:56 PM
Well there goes any chance of QRZDate.com getting their pitch man.

Thank you Skunk Ape! That is the best "Amateur Radio Nerd" joke I have heard since 1994...

(...and the ONLY one)

TigerLily

Quote from: BellBoy on September 16, 2015, 04:27:35 PM
Art, I do not, for one second, envy your position: having to live within the purview of the "jaundiced public eye". I thank God, every day, that I am NOT famous...

(But, thank's for all the GREAT FUCKING RADIO!)
Amen!

chefist

Quote from: gabrielle on September 16, 2015, 04:35:21 PM

Thank you Carl Richardson!   

Am I the only one watching the debate on CNN?

I'm watching it, Gab...

TigerLily

Very clever, Scottydawg  :D Looking forward to future episodes.  Maybe you can parlay it into a movie deal

Marc.Knight

Quote from: coaster on September 16, 2015, 12:43:51 PM
The type of people you'd meet on paranormal date are neck beards and cutters.

Based on current events in 6 months hackers will download every paranormal date subscriber for all the world to see.  Wonder what Dave will say then?  Dave probably has 159 profiles under assorted pseudonyms.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: whoozit on September 15, 2015, 03:05:39 PM
My Insider subscription hadn't expired yet and I got one of these too:

Dear Coast Insider,

As a dedicated listener and supporter of Coast to Coast AM, I want to present you with a special offer. You may have heard that I recently launched Paranormal Date (http://paranormaldate.com), a great dating service to meet like-minded people, who are interested in C2C-type subjects. While it's free to join, as a Coast Insider, we invite you to use the coupon code INSIDER, to get a substantial discount if you decide to explore Paranormal Date further.

This is a one-time offer, and you will not receive further emails from me in this regard.

Sincerely,
George Noory

Is it just me or is it a little sleazy to associate the word "Insider" with "Paranormal Date"? 8)

scottydawg

I hope Art talks about the 14 y/o kid who was arrested in Texas for bringing a homemade CLOCK to school!
Here's a few other dangerous devices the Irving Texas Police have found

http://i.imgur.com/1cfVEpk.jpg

b_dubb

Quote from: MV on September 16, 2015, 11:21:37 AM
please do not post the same message in multiple threads.

isn't ironic? doncha think?

I think Art is going to start bundling MITD with optic fibre/cable internet and digital phone services for your home or business

Skunk Ape

Quote from: BellBoy on September 16, 2015, 04:38:36 PM
Thank you Skunk Ape! That is the best "Amateur Radio Nerd" joke I have heard since 1994...

(...and the ONLY one)

Playing to the back of the room lol

indigoo

Black eyed children show? YES. This should be really interesting...

Gotta listen to last nights as I got sidetracked and then had to get to bed for early work.

albrecht

Quote from: scottydawg on September 16, 2015, 05:27:10 PM
I hope Art talks about the 14 y/o kid who was arrested in Texas for bringing a homemade CLOCK to school!

Yeah, best thing that could've ever happened to the kid. I'm advising all kids to bring a clock to school and maybe they'll also get support, free trips, and maybe a job later from Zuckerberg, Obama, etc.

I'm NOT advocating or supporting him but I noticed that Alex Jones is doing some kind of "moneybomb" fundraising telethon this week, having auction for stuff, and is actively approaching affiliates etc. Not sure if this is related to the divorce settlement or just another media blitz to get bigger but maybe some of the ideas could be useful for Art and the crew. (Crazy rantings aside he found a way to leverage "free" into a mini-media empire.)
warning opens .pdf

http://static.infowars.com/partners/Promo_Pack.pdf

GravitySucks

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 15, 2015, 07:56:22 AM
Speculation for Art's exciting announcement in two weeks.

Umm...he's having JC on for a full three hour interview.  My head would explode from joy. ;D
My guess is that he finally figured out music rights and the archives will contain the bumper music.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 16, 2015, 06:45:53 PM
My guess is that he finally figured out music rights and the archives will contain the bumper music.
Best guess yet. I hope you're right.  I Time Travel more than I get to listen live and I feel like I'm really missing out on the music. And, of course, chatting live with all you beautiful people  :)

AppealPlay

Oh, that would be awesome!  Sounds expensive, though.  Music licensing is a tricky deal.

serenity

Could be. My guess based on just gut feelings is maybe he figured out some way to link MITD and OSOM archives. Guess we will have to wait. I hate waiting lol

GravitySucks

Now I can't wait for Art to say "DING DING DING"

ItsOver

Quote from: scottydawg on September 16, 2015, 05:27:10 PM

I heard that story today about the kid with the homemade clock.  When I was a kid, I built model rockets and brought them to school to launch.  If were a kid today and did that, they'd lock-down the school, call in SWAT, and I'd be nailed as a terrorist.

Of course, I'm probably on a list anyway after the TSA confiscated my peanut butter last year.  Thanks, Big Brother!

jazmunda

That makes sense given the comment about people wanting to be a Time Traveler already at that time. I was under the assumption that including the music in the download was cost prohibitive but if they have found a way around that then that would be awesome.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on September 16, 2015, 07:34:51 PM
I heard that story today about the kid with the homemade clock.  When I was a kid, I built model rockets and brought them to school to launch.  If were a kid today and did that, they'd lock-down the school, call in SWAT, and I'd be nailed as a terrorist.

Of course, I'm probably on a list anyway after the TSA confiscated my peanut butter last year.  Thanks, Big Brother!
Tell me about it. It really is a shame that kids can't have fun (and learn by having fun) or just have fun these days. Parents arrested because their kids walked to the park, cops called because kid is playing alone in front yard, charges of "terrorism" because a kid brought some firecrackers to school, zero-tolerance getting a kid suspended and a record because a pocket knife or empty beer cans found in his father's truck that he took to school, and so on.  Companies are also into this with claims of "intellectual property" so that it is, technically, not allowed to tinker with stuff.

At least the kids have Art to listen too again, though. So there is a bright-side.

Skunk Ape

I feel like C2C or Rush would have figured that out by now. :/

I'd settle for a feed sans music but with all of Arts words intact. I miss hearing "From the High Desert...."

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on September 16, 2015, 07:46:04 PM
Tell me about it. It really is a shame that kids can't have fun (and learn by having fun) or just have fun these days. Parents arrested because their kids walked to the park, cops called because kid is playing alone in front yard, charges of "terrorism" because a kid brought some firecrackers to school, zero-tolerance getting a kid suspended and a record because a pocket knife or empty beer cans found in his father's truck that he took to school, and so on.  Companies are also into this with claims of "intellectual property" so that it is, technically, not allowed to tinker with stuff.

At least the kids have Art to listen too again, though. So there is a bright-side.
It really is a shame.  There's no such thing as a risk-free life and expecting an incompetent Big Brother to look out for us every second of the day for every possible  thing is even more ridiculous.  It just brings to mind "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Spinner

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 02:06:00 PM

If anybody could not take critical words I don't think they could survive this board for more then a day at most, I have been on here for Years now. I will survive, and if I don't, blame Jaz as usual.

Art
Woohoo!
We have Art's blessing to blame Jaz for everything.
It's open season on Jazzy!  ;D

starrmtn001

Page 1905 (19.5) Hmmmm.

jazmunda

Quote from: Spinner on September 16, 2015, 09:05:04 PM

Woohoo!
We have Art's blessing to blame Jaz for everything.
It's open season on Jazzy!  ;D

I cut my arm a little deeper that day.  :'(

coaster

Tonights guest looks interesting.

Dateline

This is just a sucks thing, but you all were posting about Paranormaldate.com.  Last night Norry apologized online for this suckup.  It appears there was a mass mailing to all of the Coast Insiders, penned by George Norry himself.  It gave a discount to all Coast Insiders on Paranormaldate.com if the Coast Insider member joined the site.  A code just had to be entered to get the discount. 

The problem that the e-mail did not differentiate between single people and married folks.  Everyone got the e-mail.  It was an attempt at cross-marketing that to me was an epic fail.  Sure the numbers went up some, but in six months some divorce attorneys may call Norry to court as an expert witness.  Of course, there is money to made as an expert witness.  Jingle, jingle, more money made off of fans. 

Remember you are not alone, you are just a number on a dating site. 

chefist

Quote from: coaster on September 16, 2015, 09:28:55 PM
Tonights guest looks interesting.

Yea it really does! I like the shadow people/black eyed children topics...we even got a little of that last night, which was a pleasant surprise...

I hope Art has some more ghost/hauntings shows on soon...I don't think he has done that many, if any at all...Brad Steiger used to have some good stories if I remember correctly...