• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

bateman

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 04, 2013, 01:46:38 PM
New post from Art on Facebook:

"If any of you have a good Guest idea and have contact information for that person please contact Paul Bowman with that info, his email is listed at artbell.com we are getting close folk's!"

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/547452965302827?comment_id=69436267&offset=0&total_comments=28&notif_t=share_reply

Bob Zimmerman, Gordon Chang & Reza Kahlili. All are John Batchelor regulars, all are fantastic. Art's had Bob Zimmerman on before too.

Ravenna

I'm going to contact Paul Bowman.  I still think Giorgio Tsoukalos and Zak Bagans would make great guests.  Both cover classic paranormal topics and both are "stars" (of sorts) on cable TV (i.e., they'd make good, high profile guests that a lot of listeners will have heard of).

bateman

Quote from: Ravenna on September 04, 2013, 04:16:23 PM
I'm going to contact Paul Bowman.  I still think Giorgio Tsoukalos and Zak Bagans would make great guests.  Both cover classic paranormal topics and both are "stars" (of sorts) on cable TV (i.e., they'd make good, high profile guests that a lot of listeners will have heard of).

Tsoukalos would be good for a laugh, but Zak Bagans just strikes me as a vacuous meathead.

Renaldo

Tsoukalos and Dave BFFs? Not sure that would work out. Besides, Tsoukalos is probably too busy touring with his "An Evening With..." shows that he does. You get to pay $80+ and listen to him lecture for an hour. If you're lucky, there's an 'after party' you can spend another $50+ to go to, which is held in a public hotel bar that anyone can walk into.  He comes to Portland more than often.

bateman

Quote from: Renaldo on September 04, 2013, 09:21:08 PM
Tsoukalos and Dave BFFs? Not sure that would work out. Besides, Tsoukalos is probably too busy touring with his "An Evening With..." shows that he does. You get to pay $80+ and listen to him lecture for an hour. If you're lucky, there's an 'after party' you can spend another $50+ to go to, which is held in a public hotel bar that anyone can walk into.  He comes to Portland more than often.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: bateman on September 04, 2013, 09:40:13 PM

Oh man that guy is so annoying and so obviously full of crap.

Falkie2013

And the aliens must have also removed all knowledge of hair care from his brain as well.

Every time I see that guy his hair drives me crazy & I have to resist yelling " Go buy a damned comb at the Dollar Store !!! "

First of all and being very off topic, I got my Logitech Solar Keyboard today and so far its working great. And a friend of mine in Sunnyvale is going to tutor me in how to create You Tube videos. I'm going to be doing ones featuring our car too.

On a 2nd personal note, after 7 months of saving and searching all over the internet, we finally got ourselves a used 2002 Prius. It may have some kind of acceleration issue ( we'll get it checked next week ) but it's great to drive on city streets, except for the lousy padding in the seat backs. Feels like you're leaning on styrofoam blocks and kills your back.

Temporary fix is really soft pillows.

We haven't had a car since March and taking the bus in the heat here really sucks.

But not as much as George Noory Sucks.

IcicleTrepan

I always have to do a double take because I keep thinking it's Rob Sneider lol

Quote from: bateman on September 04, 2013, 04:32:33 PM
Tsoukalos would be good for a laugh, but Zak Bagans just strikes me as a vacuous meathead.

They're all meatheads. It's just a question of who  is entertaining enough to digest.

Personally, I think Rich Dolan lends the most credibilty (and Stanton) to the field.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: FightTheFuture on September 04, 2013, 10:19:27 PM
Personally, I think Rich Dolan lends the most credibilty (and Stanton) to the field.

Dolan and Randle are great guests on the subject, and Friedman has much respect from most of us. He just needs to leave the Betty and Barney references to past shows. Hastings is right up there too. Hopefully, Art can find a new crop of credible UFO researchers in addition to the old guard.

I wonder if Paul bowman is arts friend Paul, the one he gave power of attorney to when he went to Manila and wanted to sell his house/cars?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Falkie2013 on September 04, 2013, 10:15:04 PM

On a 2nd personal note, after 7 months of saving and searching all over the internet, we finally got ourselves a used 2002 Prius. It may have some kind of acceleration issue ( we'll get it checked next week ) but it's great to drive on city streets, except for the lousy padding in the seat backs. Feels like you're leaning on styrofoam blocks and kills your back.

Sounds perfect; potentially a LOT of money to be spent and seats that give you back ache! When is the battery up for renewal?

But not as much as George Noory Sucks.

Da dummm Tssssshhhh..But he's possibly more comfortable to sit on that your car seats.

Sirius did a much more extensive advertizement for Art yesterday, which must be playing across the talk channels. It was aimed for the we's and they's. People who know Art will recognize 'the master of radio is back', while the advertizement spelled out exactly what the topics of the show would be for anyone who doesn't know about Art: ufos, conspiracies, ghosts, paranormal (which was stressed). There isn't anything else like it on Sirius, which puts Art in his unique niche once again. Eleven more days!

Falkie2013

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on September 05, 2013, 01:54:32 AM

Sounds perfect; potentially a LOT of money to be spent and seats that give you back ache! When is the battery up for renewal?

Da dummm Tssssshhhh..But he's possibly more comfortable to sit on that your car seats.

Don't know, indicator says the battery is fine. We're gonna use soft pillows for now.

Have to get a 2002 owners manual too. About $ 30-45 on Ebay. I'm going to start posting videos on this model on You Tube and eventually any other car I have.

I just wish I'd had the ability to work on cars like most everyone else I knew when I grew up, as well as learning how to work on computers.

At one time I was an electronics assembler.

I could build and tear down an Imac or a PC in nothing flat, while I was unable to remove the calipers to try to replace the brakes on our former Saturn.

Technically I've known eventually know where everything is in every car we've ever had, understand how the various systems work ( I kind of look at the inside of cars as another kind of flowchart, being a self taught programmer ) & do a lot of reading on the cars but except for putting oil in the car and fluids and changing tires, I couldn't fix a car if I had to.

Sigh.

I did find out that this is the first car we've ever had where you have to put the car up on stands or a rack to change the transmission fluid.

You use a pump device which sucks out all the fluid, drain that and then put new fluid by reversing the flow. NO transmission dipstick and no way to put it in.

A Prius also has THREE water pumps, one for the engine, one for the transmission and one to cool the battery. If one goes out, its around $ 400 to replace it. I've spent a lot of hours learning how this car works and watching a lot of videos and bookmarking sites, long before we went and got it.

Prices for these things are nuts. I've seen the same model we just got list on Craigslist for $ 10,000 which is nuts because the maximum Blue Book for this is only $4,500. But Californians are crazy for Prius'es and they sell almost as fast as they're listed. We got it to save money on gas and because we won't have to pay for smogging it  which we both hate.

When I went to the Toyota dealer, I sat in a Toyota Highlander. SOFT leather seats, lots of room.

Now to see if I can make enough money in the next year to buy one.

When we came back from SF, we stopped at the Safeway at Strawberry in Marin and I saw a Highlander being driven by a blonde and asked her what she paid for hers. She said used it was $ 33k and she loved it. For some reason there's a lot of single women in the Bay Area who love driving 4x4s and aren't soccer moms.

We also started counting the number of Prius' on the road and stopped when we hit 50. They're everywhere and I suspect the newer ones have better seats.

In my research, I know just about every place between Martinez and San Diego that will replace the battery. Its around $800. One can do it ones self but after watching a You Tube video Tuesday in the wee hours, you have to have a good powered tool and remember where all the screws and bolts are and how to unclip all the connectors to the battery to pull it out. Once its out you can use a voltmeter to check which individual cells are dead and replace them. Dealers just pull the battery and put in a new one, but there are places that sell batteries that come out of wrecked Prius'ses and the batteries are still good.

With the generation 2 Prius'es and beyond the batteries became better.

This car is not meant to be our permanent car. Once I make more money, I'll buy my gf a new one and then work on getting a Highlander for myself. I'm 6'2 with very long legs and I need a bigger car and room for my large torso. Then we'll give the old Prius to her long standing girlfriend who is disabled and doesn't have a car of her own.

I'm going to start looking for part time work to come up with repair money. I worked for years and have NO desire to ever work full time again. 10 years of working graveyard kind of burned me out.

As an aside, when I did an idiotic thing and cleaned my Imac keyboard with 409 and shorted it out, thus killing it, I had to get a new one.

So I found this wireless solar keyboard by Logitech. It also works with Ipads and Iphones.

It took a minute or so for the Imac to recognize it but it's working great and now I could do my typing from my easy chair instead of in front of the computer. Next year when I finally get my Sony HD tv, it will be hooked up to my Imac & act as a monitor & then I can type on the couch or wherever. Normally it costs around $ 60-80, but I got it used on Ebay for $ 50.

I bought a new wireless  Canon printer from Walmart ( $ 50 ), came home and found a box at my door. Thinking it was the printer I opened it and found printer paper. They send the printer separately. I have tons of printer paper. Printer did come with a free 4g USB drive, which are always useful.
Grump.

I got an Iphone peripheral from Ebay and a bonus it came with a free name brand SD card which costs around $15 at the store which will do well for my printer or my Nintendo 3DS 3D.

In a month or so, I'm gonna start saving for a video camera so I can start posting You Tube videos.

I always wonder why all these sites can't recognize certain well known words. I guess they're still using the MacGuffy's  reader as their algorithim.  ::)

Now if my Sirius radio would only arrive ...

We should all look for obscure guest that havent been on C2C and send in the suggestion to Paul Bowman. Keep in mind unless you have contact information its useless. Check their websites for email adresses and phone numbers. I have sent a few in who I think would be good.

Weekends are no longer lsited as TBA.

So whats the plan?

IcicleTrepan

I sent an email to Don Zaidle to see if he would contact Paul and try and get on the show.  Will let you all know what happens.  For those that don't remember, Don Zaidle did an interview about 10-12 years ago with Art for his book American Man-Killers.  He talked to Art about various animal attacks on humans.  It was one of my favourite interviews Art ever did.

Ravenna

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 05, 2013, 02:10:24 PM
Weekends are no longer lsited as TBA.

So whats the plan?

I so hope they get an actual weekend host rather than repeat shows that have already run during the week.  I wonder if Clyde Lewis would be willing to be the weekend host?  Probably, if they offered him enough money.

Quote from: Ravenna on September 05, 2013, 04:07:37 PM
I so hope they get an actual weekend host rather than repeat shows that have already run during the week.  I wonder if Clyde Lewis would be willing to be the weekend host?  Probably, if they offered him enough money.

Clyde isnt going to happen.

1. Art competes with Clyde Mon- Thurs
2. Clyde has been critical of Art in the past
3. Clyde works for premier full time and probably has a non-compete clause
4. Clyde is too political for Bell's audience

ItsOver

I listened to Clyde last night.  He mentioned Art and "others" and said everybody had a different style, including him.  No doubt there, especially if "sucks" is considered a "style," as with Dave Noorie.  ;)

Speaking of, Clyde actually had Strieber on last night.  I'm no big Strieber or Clyde fan, for that matter, but it was actually somewhat listenable last night. 

No matter, though.  Art tops everybody by a large margin.

Foodlion

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 05, 2013, 04:43:13 PM
Clyde isnt going to happen.

1. Art competes with Clyde Mon- Thurs
2. Clyde has been critical of Art in the past
3. Clyde works for premier full time and probably has a non-compete clause
4. Clyde is too political for Bell's audience

I agree. Clyde is too political, but he's still not all that bad. I agree with 75% of what he does say when he speaks politics. Clyde is more like a Alex Jones only far less crazy and doesn't rant about flouride every show lol. 

There is probably someone better to take the weekend than Cylde.

Knapp would be ideal but unlikely.

Ian Punnett would be ok.

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on September 05, 2013, 03:10:31 PM
I sent an email to Don Zaidle to see if he would contact Paul and try and get on the show.  Will let you all know what happens.  For those that don't remember, Don Zaidle did an interview about 10-12 years ago with Art for his book American Man-Killers.  He talked to Art about various animal attacks on humans.  It was one of my favourite interviews Art ever did.

Hell. Yes. The Don Zaidle show was excellent. The grizzly stories spooked the hell out of me.

Renaldo

very cool!  Kinda sad Art doesn't have/need the stacks of electronics anymore. Goes to show how much technology's changed.

eddie dean

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 05, 2013, 07:41:39 PM
Out favorite Host

If FortRock was still posting here, he might analyze the time on the clock to explain what 4:31 really means. I'm sure there is a hidden message in there somewhere.
Maybe 3 -1 = 2 so 4:02.  The time in his first picture earlier this year..... I just got chills!!

AC400KICK

Did anyone ever find out where the phone number listed on Art's site (855-732-5836) calls to? I'm to nervous to call it again and I don't want to disturb Art if this is indeed his home number or the number to his studio in his home.

Renaldo

Quote from: eddie dean on September 05, 2013, 07:56:17 PM
If FortRock was still posting here, he might analyze the time on the clock to explain what 4:31 really means. I'm sure there is a hidden message in there somewhere.
Maybe 3 -1 = 2 so 4:02.  The time in his first picture earlier this year..... I just got chills!!

It's 11 minutes past 4:20, so Bell's mellow is just starting to kick in. You can tell by that smile.