• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: HorrorReporter on September 06, 2013, 04:05:57 AM
Looks like Art is going to cancel his Coast membership (I kid).. But he ain't joking with this:
[attach=1]

George just can't help being a loser.

Renaldo

Quote from: SaulGoodman on September 06, 2013, 04:54:54 AM
All that lawyer speak gives me a headache..

Care to sum it up?

Did Oats say something bad about Bell?

Yep, you just summarized it for yourself.

kf5iwe

Quote from: basswood on September 06, 2013, 04:36:04 AM
My oh my, no kidding. What did Yamamoto say about waking a sleeping giant?
Said he shoulda launched that third wave and finished the job.

kf5iwe

10 DAYS!!!10 DAYS!!

SaulGoodman

Did Art actually get arrested for Child Pr0n?

SaulGoodman

I can make it legal!

jazmunda

Another "new" classic Art Bell Somewhere In Time episode brought to us by our good friends at Premiere Radio this Saturday night:

"Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 7/1/02 when author Ramon Lopez spoke about the emerging science of space weather."

Long live SIT!

Quote from: SaulGoodman on September 06, 2013, 08:27:23 AM
Did Art actually get arrested for Child Pr0n?
No!! Hence why he sued for Oates allowing this on his radio show. Oates even admitted he knew it wasn't true when his guest said it, but did nothing to correct it.

Then oates show got cancelled because he was turning it into a infomercial :)

Oates also tried to get Keith to do his website, and Keith told him to fuck off.

SaulGoodman

I heard Oats counter sued for $140,000,000 and art wanted to settle?

Why would an innocent victim want to settle?

Bob Lazar was arrested on similar charges.....

starrmtn001

Quote from: SaulGoodman on September 06, 2013, 11:27:26 AM

Is this you Oates?
If not, then I suggest you read "All that lawyer speak . . . " provided in Scully's link http://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@listserv.aol.com/msg14199.html
If this is Oates, I want to tell you what a despicable sewer maggot you are.

Sardondi

Heh. When I first saw this guy's odd posts I couldn't figure out what he was doing here and what he was trying to accomplish. They were so confusing they were even a little creepy.

But now I see his troll feet.

Quote from: Sardondi on September 06, 2013, 12:59:51 PM
Heh. When I first saw this guy's odd posts I couldn't figure out what he was doing here and what he was trying to accomplish. They were so confusing they were even a little creepy.

But now I see his troll feet.

Let's go to the tape, as they say

Timeline

August 30 - Art Bell FaceBook page

"I have no vengeful feelings at all for George, he is simply what he is. I do feel sad at what the show has become. I do have a lot of issues with Premiere that are in the category of anger but not revenge. I am doing Dark Matter because all is well in my life and I love Radio, it's all I know, hope I can still do it!"

August 31 

A new Troll registers and posts

Sept 5 - George interviews David Oats

Sept 6 - Art Bell FaceBook, 15 minutes after C2C ends

"Last night Coast did the most shameful thing since George has been in that seat, I am just sad for them."

Sept 6 - Troll all over it

Stay classy George

6 months from now, if George comes tapping on your window wanting to squeegee the windshield, don't give him any money.

Dude if Art ever got arrested his lawsuit would have been thrown out like Oates lawsuit was.

Also if Art was arrested for this charge he wouldnt even have brough a lawsuit against Oates, it would make 0 % sense.

Its obvious that these claims were and are 110% false. I shouldnt even have to waste time defending him against clearly obviously false charges. Any one who thinks otherwise is a moron.

Has everyone saw the hipster time traveler photo. Apparently the photo has not been edited in any way

Sardondi

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 06, 2013, 01:38:22 PM
Has everyone saw the hipster time traveler photo. Apparently the photo has not been edited in any way...
Why is this stupid, debunked shit here?

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 06, 2013, 01:13:43 AM
Any one have any contact info on this guy. I don't care if its a hoax this would be an awesome interview with art!

VonHelton the Time-Traveling Vampire
Known simply as VonHelton, this enigmatic figure suggests he might be part vampire, but asserts he is 100% time traveler. He has provided proof of his time travel prowess by lining up side-by-side photographs of himself starting in a studio in 1857 England, with stops in 1916 France, 1945 Berlin, and ending in the modern day in front of an American flag. Is he, in fact, a time traveler? Or is his "vampire gene" keeping him immortal?

elbee

wow,

just to clear something up - you paranoid morons!

Saul Goodman is MY account, opened as a satire - I am not as you so cleverly suggest - Oats

I am asking why Art is so annoyed if there is no truth to the claims.

His friend Bob Lazar had a similar charge right? If I was accused of being a pedo by someone in the 90s I wouldnt even bat an eyelid. because its not true!

Morgus

Quote from: El Bee on September 06, 2013, 03:32:18 PM
Saul Goodman is MY account
but isn't creating additional alias accounts/usernames against MV's posted forum rules because its trollish behavior?  8)
only one coastgab account per customer...

SaulGoodman

Sue me, MV knows my IP (probably one of two or three from UK)

Anyway, you have to understand, I'm on Bells side all the way, but If you said something like that in the UK you would go to prison for defamation (if it wasn't true)

So why is this Oats guy just getting away with it?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: SaulGoodman on September 06, 2013, 03:54:03 PM

Because he is very connected.

SaulGoodman

well, in that case Art should sue premier

Morgus

Oates settled out of court with Art, probably had to pay Art for damages.
Oates at that time also had to appear on Art's show to make an apology statement.
That was all for the affair until now...

coaster

So did this John David Oatmeal guy say anything about Art last night while he was on the show? Noory is a fucking schmuck.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Morgus on September 06, 2013, 04:31:52 PM
Oates at that time also had to appear on Art's show to make an apology statement.
Well then, let's hear Premier play that tomorrow on Somewhere In Time.  Hi Tommy!

BobGrau

Quote from: Morgus on September 06, 2013, 04:31:52 PM

So did anyone try reversing the apology?

PrairieGhost

I will never listen to coast to coast am again. It's dead to me.

lonevoice

That's bullshit.  Art has now posted on his facebook page the same link we provided earlier with the text of Art's lawsuit against Oates.  Art also confirmed on his facebook page that the suit was settled out of court.   Part of Art prevailing in this defamation suit was that Oates KNEW when he made the libelous statements that they were not true.  If you don't know why innocent victims settle their civil cases out of court, you're not much of a lawyer, are you?  Jeeze! 

Not only was Art totally innocent of the heinous slander,  as part of the exhibits in the suit the Monterey PD stated that they had confirmed Art Bell had NEVER been arrested anywhere in the entire United States for ANYTHING. 

Keep in mind that the people who perpetrated this attack against Art knew that the Bell family was dealing with the horrible events surrounding Art's son at the same time they were doing this to Art.   Also keep in mind that Art's lawsuit specified there were an additional 1-10 "John Does" as co-defendants.   At least some, maybe all, of those whose names Art didn't know at the time he filed this suit were subsequently identified.   

I wouldn't be at all shocked to know that some of them are posting here now, and on Art's facebook page, as well as other places on the internet.   They may not be as anonymous as they'd like to believe.  And now it's on Art's radar.  Stupid evil people are stupid and evil.

Foodlion

Sue me, MV knows my IP (probably one of two or three from UK)

Anyway, you have to understand, I'm on Bells side all the way, but If you said something like that in the UK you would go to prison for defamation (if it wasn't true)

A lot of innocent people are in prison because of false acusations, but I assure you, little to no retaliation happens when a women lies about being raped.

In America, prisons are big business. They have no problem filling them up, guilty or innocent.
Our motto is, Guilty until proven innocent, and our Prison population proves it.