• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Morgus

Quote from: michio on October 15, 2012, 11:28:51 PM
George just said he likes to have guests on that challenge him so that he doesn't surround himself with "YES!" men, because that's the only way he learns.  ::) Dramatic and so not true.

yeah right. funny how if a guest challenges any of Noory's beliefs like abiotic oil, the guest mysteriously develops a bad phone connnection and Noory drops him and goes to open lines...

eddie dean

Quote from: Morgus on October 15, 2012, 11:21:21 PM
Noory appears to have another first hour infomercial guest tonight, some kind of motivational speaker with a get rich scheme?  :o

this infomercial guest said he sold his company to PremRat. No doubt someone at PR suggested that Noory "do them a favor" and have him on to pimp his book.

This week is starting off with the type of programming that we have all  come to loath.

rangers1919

Quote from: Morgus on October 16, 2012, 12:15:21 AM
yeah right. funny how if a guest challenges any of Noory's beliefs like abiotic oil, the guest mysteriously develops a bad phone connnection and Noory drops him and goes to open lines...

I've never noticed the dropped calls, but there was one funny guest that accidentally slammed Noory. The guest was something legitimate--or as legitimate as C2C can handle--like a geologist or something. I think it was when they were talking about the BP oil blowout. George asked if the blowout could just go on forever, and the guy said no. George asked "Do you really believe in fossil fuels? What about abiotic oil? Since it wasn't written on his cue card in the exact order George asked the question he made a mash of the sentence so the guy couldn't really tell that George was an abiotic oil Believer. The guest replied that of course he didn't believe in abiotic oil theory, and said something along the lines of it being a ridiculous theory with no scientific backing. George somehow saw that he was going to get destroyed if he debated him so he just let it go.

Morgus

Noory did it again tonight - cutting his main guest to only two hours to go to open lines for the last hour.
Either the guest said something wrong (against a Noory belief) or Noory just got bored and ran out of questions early.

Morgus

A caller in the open lines final hour tonight asked Noory how Art Bell is doing.
Noory replied he hasn't heard from Art for years and so he has no idea...

michio

Over three-quarters of the show is done and it takes a concerned caller to persuade George to relate the scoop about Ian (who really sounded shaken during his side of the road phone call to the show) and the tragic accident his Syracuse contact was involved in. "Truly unbelievable."

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on October 16, 2012, 01:59:01 AM
Noory did it again tonight - cutting his main guest to only two hours to go to open lines for the last hour.
Either the guest said something wrong (against a Noory belief) or Noory just got bored and ran out of questions early.

I heard that guest before in a past show and to my recollection he just repeated everything he said during his last appearance. It was deja vu as I was listening.

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on October 16, 2012, 02:18:16 AM
A caller in the open lines final hour tonight asked Noory how Art Bell is doing.
Noory replied he hasn't heard from Art for years and so he has no idea...

Of course Noory tried to act involved with Art by saying he recommended an immigration attorney he knew from St. Louis to Art when he was trying to get his new wife over here. Noory said Art and the attorney spoke but Art went with his own.

ItsOver

George just said he likes to have guests on that challenge him so that he doesn't surround himself with "YES!" men, because that's the only way he learns.  ::) Dramatic and so not true.

Yeah, I heard that line of BS last night from the Nooron.  With all the lies he pitches, he'd make a great politician, if he wasn't so incompetent.

George just said he likes to have guests on that challenge him so that he doesn't surround himself with "YES!" men, because that's the only way he learns...

Sounds as if he is claiming that he is surrounded by yes men (and women, Lisa) if not for the guests.  It's true of course, just out of character for George to admit it.

I wonder what he thinks he's learning - he clearly isn't listening most of the time, unless it's sumpthin' stupid like Thuh Numbers Lady.  When he's asking a question the guest just spent 5 minutes talking about and answering, or cuts them off in mid-sentence, it's pretty clear he isn't 'learning' anything. 

In ten long years he hasn't learned to do a good job, or even a better job.  God what an arrogant ass-clown.

ItsOver

I can't quote exactly what Noory said last night, but when I heard it, I had the impression he was saying he didn't want "yes men" around him, whether it was guests or staff.  In the case of Noory, I just expect him to come up with a line of crap in some shallow attempt to make himself sound good but, in the process, just confirms he is the fraud we all know.

Morgus

Quote from: ShayP on October 16, 2012, 08:22:27 AM
Of course Noory tried to act involved with Art by saying he recommended an immigration attorney he knew from St. Louis to Art when he was trying to get his new wife over here. Noory said Art and the attorney spoke but Art went with his own.
Very wise move by Art to ignore Noory's recommendations - if Noory's story was true at all, which is doubtful...  8)

NoMoreNoory

Rendered speechless in the opening minutes of tonight's show. Both with disbelief and inability to breathe due to prolonged hysteria. With a night of remote grrrr-viewing ahead, we were entitled to expect a blinder from Noory, but no-one could have anticipated the glories that he just served up for us.

First, he trailed his main guest as Dr Doom-Ed Jay Dames, with not a pause to correct himself. He then proceeded to hit us with the extraordinary news of the number of Americans who are now on food stamps. That number, verbatim and uncorrected by the sNooron, is:

Forty six million and six hundred eighty-one thousand eight hundred thirty-three million.

Wow! If you piled all those food stamps on top of each other, they'd reach from here to Nibiru and back.

Seriously, you have to wonder all over again how a so-called professional broadcaster can let such gibberish fall from beneath his moustache without correcting himself. Does he just not hear it?

Sardondi

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on October 16, 2012, 11:33:24 PM...First, he trailed his main guest as Dr Doom-Ed Jay Dames, with not a pause to correct himself. He then proceeded to hit us with the extraordinary news of the number of Americans who are now on food stamps. That number, verbatim and uncorrected by the sNooron, is:

Forty six million and six hundred eighty-one thousand eight hundred thirty-three million...

? I don't understand: I had thought the Dep't of Agriculture just released figures which reflected that 46, 681, 833 persons were enrolled in the foodstamp program, and were thus eligible for and presumably using foodstamps. Is this not the case?

stevesh

Quote from: Sardondi on October 17, 2012, 01:53:05 AM
? I don't understand: I had thought the Dep't of Agriculture just released figures which reflected that 46, 681, 833 persons were enrolled in the foodstamp program, and were thus eligible for and presumably using foodstamps. Is this not the case?

Forty six million and six hundred eighty-one thousand eight hundred thirty-three million, according to Simple George.

stevesh

Hard to decide which of last night's guests was the bigger bullshit artist. I wouldn't have thought anyone (save Hoagland) could give Ed Dames a run for his money in that department, but Gordon Duff may be a contender. I suspect we'll hear a lot of the guy on C2C going forward.

His self-aggrandizing lunacy reminded me a lot of our Presidio librarian friend, Douglas Dietrich.

Sardondi

Quote from: stevesh on October 17, 2012, 03:52:51 AM
Forty six million and six hundred eighty-one thousand eight hundred thirty-three million, according to Simple George.

Doh!

Okay, first there was Ian's "carpal tunnel", now my reading and comprehension handicap here - idiocy always comes in threes, so I'll just patiently stand here, looking for my next doofus move, waiting on the short bus....

El Kragen

Quote from: michio on October 16, 2012, 02:56:57 AM
Over three-quarters of the show is done and it takes a concerned caller to persuade George to relate the scoop about Ian (who really sounded shaken during his side of the road phone call to the show) and the tragic accident his Syracuse contact was involved in. "Truly unbelievable."

What's this all about? Can you elaborate?

ItsOver

Quote from: stevesh on October 17, 2012, 03:57:58 AM
Hard to decide which of last night's guests was the bigger bullshit artist. I wouldn't have thought anyone (save Hoagland) could give Ed Dames a run for his money in that department, but Gordon Duff may be a contender. I suspect we'll hear a lot of the guy on C2C going forward.

His self-aggrandizing lunacy reminded me a lot of our Presidio librarian friend, Douglas Dietrich.

Duff was all I could take, knowing that Dames was up next.  Duff was all over the map with his lunacy.  He must be smoking the same stuff Deitrich is dipping into.  Nooron was thrilled he got to reference "To Serve Man."  ::)

eddie dean

Doctor Doom was the main guest last night. Although his remote viewing theories and predictions are little more than Make-Believe, I find him quite entertaining. He has a confidence and swagger with a take no shit attitude that seems to clash with GNs "style of broadcasting".  Ed Dames is definitely not a yes man. he interrupted George several times, to correct him.
I detected "numb brain" getting more and more frustrated each time Dames chimed in with a "no no no no George that is not correct....."

or when George ask Ed if he thought the moon was towed into its orbit,  He simply replied  "I just don't have any data on that subject"

I was waiting for "phone problems" during his interview so George could dump him and go to open lines.
Great show for that reason alone!

Do you think Dames is  RVing  Mars because it's much less likely to be debunked due to limited data and knowledge of that planet?

Sardondi

Quote from: eddie dean on October 17, 2012, 11:33:48 AM...Do you think Dames is  RVing  Mars because it's much less likely to be debunked due to limited data and knowledge of that planet?

"I see....red dirt!"  ♪♫Dum Dum Dum DUUUUUMMMMMM♫♪

ItsOver

Duff is one more example why I wish C2C had more than a brain-dead host.  Duff mentioned about aliens supposedly working treaties with both the Truman and Eisenhower administrations.  If the aliens are so much, much further advanced than our civilization, why bother negotiating treaties at all?  Why not do whatever they desire?  A decent host could at least get some interesting discourse going rather than just letting the latest guest spout whatever nonsense they desire.  Oh well, Duff was so far out there, I guess it's all pointless anyway, other than to serve as another illustration of why Noory is such a tool.  ::)

ShayP

I can't stand hearing Noory spout off about being in the Navy. I swear it happens every program.  Three times so far in the one with Dames.  Noory just said he was "an officer from the get-go" followed by a laugh.  ::)   This was after Dames and a caller talked about being enlisted men. 

I'm trying to figure this out.  Noory claims that he quit the Navy after 9 years in, right when the first Gulf War happened.  1989-90.  Anyway, Noory is 62 now.  He was 39 when the war started.  That means he was 30 at the start of his Navy "career."  How did he go in as an officer?  He never mentioned being a reservist and/or possibly going to NCOS school previous to that.  Or even going to college on the GI Bill.   Something about his claim of military service bothers me.  He's too quick to spout off about it and the numbers don't add up.  Especially since he has done so much in his life......a regular renaissance man.  :P

Anybody else have doubts?

Morgus

Quote from: ShayP on October 17, 2012, 12:51:10 PM
I can't stand hearing Noory spout off about being in the Navy. I swear it happens every program.  Three times so far in the one with Dames.  Noory just said he was "an officer from the get-go" followed by a laugh.  ::)   This was after Dames and a caller talked about being enlisted men. 

I'm trying to figure this out.  Noory claims that he quit the Navy after 9 years in, right when the first Gulf War happened.  1989-90.  Anyway, Noory is 62 now.  He was 39 when the war started.  That means he was 30 at the start of his Navy "career."  How did he go in as an officer?  He never mentioned being a reservist and/or possibly going to NCOS school previous to that.  Or even going to college on the GI Bill.   Something about his claim of military service bothers me.  He's too quick to spout off about it and the numbers don't add up.  Especially since he has done so much in his life......a regular renaissance man.  :P

Sounds like you missed the story Noory told on the air a few months back, where he claimed he was offered a special Presidential Naval Officer Commission back in the Reagan years...  8)
Noory has also confirmed he was never in combat, he was always working behind a desk in some public relations duty.
He has often lamented on the air that he never made it to Lt. Commander rank after nearly 10 years.

Quote from: ShayP on October 17, 2012, 12:51:10 PM

I pretty much doubt anything the Snorge says.  But his narrative is he was in the Naval Reserves, so that's what, one weekend a month or something like that?  He would of course have a day job while in the Reserves.

But your timeline shows this might be a lie - who goes into the military reserves at age 30?  The only thing I can think of was he was a failure by age 30 and needed the extra cash.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 17, 2012, 01:57:29 PM
who goes into the military reserves at age 30?  The only thing I can think of was he was a failure by age 30 and needed the extra cash.
A few months back Noory claimed that was when he was approached by someone with an offer for a presidential naval commision.  8)

Quote from: Morgus on October 17, 2012, 02:11:28 PM
A few months back Noory claimed that was when he was approached by someone with an offer for a presidential naval commision.  8)

Hahaha.  So he must have gone into the Reserves at that point because he was so successful at broadcasting and wanted to keep doing that, but at the same time didn't want to say no to a Commission?  I wonder if these are the same people that 'approached' him to run for President a few years later.

ShayP

Quote from: Morgus on October 17, 2012, 01:24:17 PM
Sounds like you missed the story Noory told on the air a few months back, where he claimed he was offered a special Presidential Naval Officer Commission back in the Reagan years...  8)
Noory has also confirmed he was never in combat, he was always working behind a desk in some public relations duty.
He has often lamented on the air that he never made it to Lt. Commander rank after nearly 10 years.

I recall Noory saying something about a commission.  I guess it's possible since 1980 was about the Reagan time.  Unless you are a Captain or higher the Secretary of Defense hands out the commissions. Not the President.  I can't recall what rank Noory stated he was.  I want to say Lieutenant but can't be sure.  Regardless....He was 30 at the start of his naval "career."  8 years AFTER he graduated from Detroit college.  So he essentially had an 8 year window to decide on his career in the Navy and happen to do it as an officer from "the get-go" (his words).  I dunno.  It shouldn't bother me....but it does.  :P

Morgus

Quote from: ShayP on October 17, 2012, 02:36:35 PMI can't recall what rank Noory stated he was.  I want to say Lieutenant but can't be sure.
Regardless....He was 30 at the start of his naval "career."  8 years AFTER he graduated from Detroit college.  So he essentially had an 8 year window to decide on his career in the Navy and happen to do it as an officer from "the get-go" (his words).  I dunno.  It shouldn't bother me....but it does.  :P
Yes Noory claimed he made it up to full Lieutenant rank, but always wanted to reach Lt. Commander if he had stayed in another year.
But he said that he would have had to go with his group to Iraq the following year.