• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Jasmine

Quote from: McPhallus on May 24, 2012, 01:39:14 PM
The masses are asses.  More money can be made by catering to the lowest common denominator and aiming for volume.

...and them there asses is full of molasses...baby.

As my dad says, imagine the mind that can sit and watch wrestling, NASCAR, or monster truck rallies with glee and abandon. It can be argued that many of these folks are calling from both east and west of the Rockies.

Off topic for one second. I love this quote by Henry David Thoreau:

"I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society."

Delicious!

JohnnieB

Quote from: Jasmine on May 24, 2012, 02:01:48 PM

"I had three chairs in my house; one for solitude, two for friendship, three for society."

Delicious!

How wonderfully Edwardian of you, dear Lady Jasmine. How civilized. I picture Darjeeling tea and scones served, too.  I rather like Thoreau. Brilliant mind. George should have him on some night to discuss Zyptocruology.

kf5iwe

Quote from: Jasmine on May 24, 2012, 02:01:48 PM
...and them there asses is full of molasses...baby.

As my dad says, imagine the mind that can sit and watch wrestling, NASCAR, or monster truck rallies with glee and abandon. It can be argued that many of these folks are calling from both east and west of the Rockies.

Delicious!
Wait a minute now, I like wrestling and Love NASCAR and monster truck rallies. Why didn't you just insult my dog?

BobGrau

Quote from: kf5iwe on May 24, 2012, 06:07:59 PM
Wait a minute now, I like wrestling and Love NASCAR and monster truck rallies. Why didn't you just insult my dog?

Perhaps your dog is a Thoreau fan too?

noory sucks by the way

JohnnieB

As an act of chivalry, allow me to step in and suggest that perhaps the dear lady's father meant that one can only imagine the broad and eclectic mind that can ingest and assimilate the wondrous display of courage, strength, and virility that is required for one to engage in and bear witness to these time honored masculine feats of stupendous American glory?

My dog simply adores the literary works of John Donne.

I'm going to my Dale Earnhardt shrine right now.  Damn! Who stole my incense?

Morgus

Hoagland is on again right now on c2c with a report on the dragon spacecraft docking at the space station.
Hoagland wants him and Noory to eventually broadcast c2c live from orbit. :D

ziznak

LMH woooot.  I almost missed her for a minute there.  I lost track of how many clowns there are running around in this tent.

jinwicked

Quote from: Morgus on May 24, 2012, 11:16:45 PM
Hoagland is on again right now on c2c with a report on the dragon spacecraft docking at the space station.
Hoagland wants him and Noory to eventually broadcast c2c live from orbit. :D

May they burn up upon reentry.

Quote from: ziznak on May 24, 2012, 11:59:10 PM
LMH woooot.  I almost missed her for a minute there.  I lost track of how many clowns there are running around in this tent.

It means less Noory. LMH just plays her interview tape.

ziznak

I love how she spells everything like we're all in the 3rd grade

jinwicked

"You're a vegetarian?"

"Yes."

"Do you eat chicken?"

Fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuu George Noory.

Morgus

Linda Howe just revealed to Noory that she has been a vegetarian for nearly 20 years now.
After that, Noory asked her if she eats chicken and fish?
Noory must have thought that vegetarian means you just don't eat beef? :o

Oversoul

Quote from: fysisist on May 24, 2012, 01:15:22 PM
Well, I don't think you will find that the vast majority of Noory's listeners are Mensa members, and I can only conclude from the apparent popularity of the show and Noory appearances on TV, conferences, etc, that there are a lot of people that like and enjoy his show and "talent".  He has a market.  The other aspect of this is that the main reason most (if not all) guests come on the show is for the publicity and to sell their products.  Most of them are not going to make any waves with Noory or his staff or overlords because that they want and need the exposure $$$.   Any concerns about interesting and probing discussions, intelligent dialogue, etc, are secondary and minor.  Besides that, most of the schmucks don't want to give away too much about their book, etc.  Bottom line is, if people quit listening, Noory would fade away.  If every time a guest was on his/her book didn't shoot up in the Amazon list, the show would die.  As much as I hate to think that it might be true, the show has a big following, God help them all (and us).

I agree with the observations and conclusions in your post.  In retrospect, it would appear that the continued "big following" of C2C is further proof of the "dumbing down" of Americans, an assertion made no less than Noory himself in the show.  How ironic!   :(

Oversoul

Quote from: ziznak on May 25, 2012, 02:12:26 AM
I love how she spells everything like we're all in the 3rd grade

She sounds like a post-menopausal school marm or teacher with her manner of speaking.   ;D

Quote from: jinwicked on May 25, 2012, 02:27:38 AM
"You're a vegetarian?"

"Yes."

"Do you eat chicken?"

Fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuuuu George Noory.

She does sometimes get a bit testy.  I have heard her say something like, 'George, I just explained that."  (After one of Noory's trademark dumb remarks.)  She is one of the few guests who does this.

(I know she didn't say F you.  I am just pointing out she seems to realize he is a dim bulb and doesn't always hide it.)

Oversoul

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on May 25, 2012, 03:41:42 AM
She does sometimes get a bit testy.  I have heard her say something like, 'George, I just explained that."  (After one of Noory's trademark dumb remarks.)  She is one of the few guests who does this.

She does it to Noory, cause she knows she can get away with it.   ::)

Case of a dumb host and a smart-ass guest?

Quote from: Oversoul on May 25, 2012, 03:46:45 AM

She knows he is not listening and regards her appearances as a chance for an extended coffee break and is somewhat annoyed by it.  (My take on it.)

I don't but I'd say the vast majority in here dislikes Howe... But every time we describe what we want in a host ....she ironically fits that mold... Voice exception ..

Sardondi

Quote from: Morgus on May 25, 2012, 02:28:35 AM
Linda Howe just revealed to Noory that she has been a vegetarian for nearly 20 years now.

Or was it a vageterian who only eats tuna?

Quote from: Oversoul on May 25, 2012, 03:37:35 AM
She sounds like a post-menopausal school marm or teacher with her manner of speaking.   ;D

To me her voice sounds very quivery and shaky, much older than her actual age (60+/-?). Sounds to me kind of Parkinsons-like.

Quote from: DangerousBlossom on May 25, 2012, 03:41:42 AM

(I know she didn't say F you.  I am just pointing out she seems to realize he is a dim bulb and doesn't always hide it.)

Quote from: Oversoul on May 25, 2012, 03:46:45 AM
She does it to Noory, cause she knows she can get away with it.   ::)

I'm thinking the love is gone between them. She still remembers the "joke" George played on her a couple of years ago, and things will never the same between George and her. On live air when he intro'd her for a regular Thursday night appearance, he said something like "..and this will be Linda's final appearance on C2C". You could hear she was truly taken off her guard and that she was upset. When George finally admitted it was just another example of his sweet-natured down-home humor, she was not all-is-forgiven about it. One more example of the passive-aggressive cruel side of George Noory.

ziznak

Humans have K9's for a reason.  Some vegetarian's eat fish I think and it's supposed to be ok.  There's like a bunch of sub-categories for these freaks and they all have their own stupid little rules.  As for LMH she's got ol Snore's beat IQ-wise!  The vegetarian thing has her about tied with him for "FLAKEYNESS" though.  Oh and yeah "VAGertarians" are a type of lesbian aren't they?

Frys Girl

Linda is OK. I can handle here.

The other night, I heard the last caller with the Shaman woman. He said that he was dying and he wanted to know if there was hope. As soon as the question finished, George said goodnight. Wow! Not even an offer of emailing the poor guy. This show is terrible.

Also, I miss valdez!

JohnnieB

Aside from Linda Moulton Howe's nails-down-a-chalkboard voice, for some reason she doesn't annoy me as much as most of the other guests do. I agree that she really doesn't at all like George. There have been several times when George has asked her yet another inane question, and you can hear her let out a sigh before responding. Cracks me up.

Oh where, oh where is the psychic of Cleveland, Mary Ann Winkowski? Perhaps she's collecting more recipes from the dead and taste testing them in her kitchen.

Mary Ann Winkowski is the doppelgänger of Hooterville's Doris Ziffel, mother of Arnold Ziffel.

Mary-Ann Winkowski

Doris Ziffel

Lovely Bones

I've only personally ever watched maybe two NASCAR races on TV, and not necessarily by choice, but I was curious about the stereotype offered on this thread, so I did a little googling.  This article about shifting NASCAR demographics is revealing, especially about how the sport is attracting physics professors:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/2009-07-01-nascar-identity-crisis_N.htm

We know only one couple invested in NASCAR to the point of traveling to races and planning vacations around the NASCAR schedule. 

He's a superintendent of schools and she's got a master's in library science. 

Oh, and George Noory Sucks. 

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: fysisist on May 24, 2012, 01:15:22 PM
Well, I don't think you will find that the vast majority of Noory's listeners are Mensa members, and I can only conclude from the apparent popularity of the show and Noory appearances on TV, conferences, etc, that there are a lot of people that like and enjoy his show and "talent".  He has a market.  The other aspect of this is that the main reason most (if not all) guests come on the show is for the publicity and to sell their products.  Most of them are not going to make any waves with Noory or his staff or overlords because that they want and need the exposure $$$.   Any concerns about interesting and probing discussions, intelligent dialogue, etc, are secondary and minor.  Besides that, most of the schmucks don't want to give away too much about their book, etc.  Bottom line is, if people quit listening, Noory would fade away.  If every time a guest was on his/her book didn't shoot up in the Amazon list, the show would die.  As much as I hate to think that it might be true, the show has a big following, God help them all (and us).

Agreed, and I stand corrected in regards to my earlier post. I think I suffered a NBF (Noory Brain Fart) when I stated the higher-mined demographic outnumbers the dumbers...who perhaps reside in Hooterville? ;-)

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: Sardondi on May 25, 2012, 05:36:43 AM

It's a known fact that hard core lesbians the world over love both the scent and taste of fish, and are known to use tuna forks. Extensive studies conducted by both Harvard University and the Mayo Clinic have concluded that it is especially the scent of raw fish that can literally increase a lesbian's testosterone levels in a matter of seconds, thus rendering them highly sexually aggressive; their labia's engorged with blood almost instantly after inhaling the scent of the raw fish (especially red snapper). Fish markets and sushi bars are but two prime locations where the primal/reptilian portion of a lesbian's brain is activated to a very high degree.

I'm thinking the love is gone between them. She still remembers the "joke" George played on her a couple of years ago, and things will never the same between George and her. On live air when he intro'd her for a regular Thursday night appearance, he said something like "..and this will be Linda's final appearance on C2C". You could hear she was truly taken off her guard and that she was upset. When George finally admitted it was just another example of his sweet-natured down-home humor, she was not all-is-forgiven about it. One more example of the passive-aggressive cruel side of George Noory.

I remember this well. Noory was an absolute and total asshole, and his idea of "funny" borders on sociopath. She was justifiably pissed at his "joke".  I think she only continues to come on the show for the large audience numbers-publicity.

JohnnieB, I too have heard her audibly sigh a few times immediately after Noory asks her yet another fourth grade level question.

texaskdog

Quote from: Morgus on May 25, 2012, 02:28:35 AM

Catholics don't eat meat on Friday...except fish.  Fish must be a vegetable.

texaskdog

To me her voice sounds very quivery and shaky, much older than her actual age (60+/-?). Sounds to me kind of Parkinsons-like.

If Noory started reacting to her like we on coastgab would, it would become a "must listen" show

2styx

In the past week or two listening to Noory has become unbearable. The two major sources of irritation: he is unable to stop himself from telling illustrative stories taken from his own experience. He now repeats himself, telling some of the same stories. He is not a good story teller and I keeping thinking loudly: "I'm NOT listening so that I can hear your stories or your opinions your speculations." George gets in the way of his guests. Also irritating is the atrocious level of interviewing competency. Say a guest will explain nicely how she or he got into the field of X. When they finish explaining George will say, "What got you into the field of X?" Some on this thread have called him out as asking "cue card" questions but what it looks like ... and just this past two weeks I've wondered if he has a substance abuse problem... it looks to me as if he lacks imagination, or suffers diminished intellectual capacity, an inability to formulate questions that could get more deeply into the mind/subject of his guest.

I'm sure George Noory is a great guy. I remember his first session with Richard Hoagland. Hoagland (as I remember it) could barely hold back his impatience and annoyance with having to talk to someone so lacking Art's intelligence and skill. But over time Hoagland's attitude changed and now he, Hoagland, just goes with the flow.

I have considered editing the audio, editing out Noory's input so that I can listen the fabulous guests without the Nooroyance.

Consider this. I can't remember the sequence of Art's retirements, comeback, replacements etc. But I remember quite clearly that Noory came aboard about the same time as -what?- Gulf War One? 9/11? Afghanistan or Iraq? I remember Art on air strongly denying any validity to the idea that 9/11 was an inside job. If he truly believes that I can imagine that he would welcome a retirement and not having to deal with 9/11 conspiracy theories. Or did Art deny the inside job knowing what could happen to a very public person supporting the inside job theory? Right or wrong, I connected Art's disappearance to some important world event.

And enter George Noory who appears too stupid to pose a threat to any Power That Be. My apologies to George for sounding as if I have no compassion but the fact remains that George is a very poor interviewer. He'd probably be much better is he was playing his favorite hits and telling little stories about the music, when he first heard this song or when he once talked to this or that musician.

I used to look forward to downloading shows and listening to fantastic guests but now I can barely take 15 minutes of the inane statements and questions.

JohnnieB

Quote from: 2styx on May 25, 2012, 12:31:29 PM
In the past week or two listening to Noory has become unbearable. The two major sources of irritation: he is unable to stop himself from telling illustrative stories taken from his own experience. He now repeats himself, telling some of the same stories. He is not a good story teller and I keeping thinking loudly: "I'm NOT listening so that I can hear your stories or your opinions your speculations." George gets in the way of his guests. Also irritating is the atrocious level of interviewing competency. Say a guest will explain nicely how she or he got into the field of X. When they finish explaining George will say, "What got you into the field of X?" Some on this thread have called him out as asking "cue card" questions but what it looks like ... and just this past two weeks I've wondered if he has a substance abuse problem... it looks to me as if he lacks imagination, or suffers diminished intellectual capacity, an inability to formulate questions that could get more deeply into the mind/subject of his guest.

I'm sure George Noory is a great guy. I remember his first session with Richard Hoagland. Hoagland (as I remember it) could barely hold back his impatience and annoyance with having to talk to someone so lacking Art's intelligence and skill. But over time Hoagland's attitude changed and now he, Hoagland, just goes with the flow.

I have considered editing the audio, editing out Noory's input so that I can listen the fabulous guests without the Nooroyance.

Consider this. I can't remember the sequence of Art's retirements, comeback, replacements etc. But I remember quite clearly that Noory came aboard about the same time as -what?- Gulf War One? 9/11? Afghanistan or Iraq? I remember Art on air strongly denying any validity to the idea that 9/11 was an inside job. If he truly believes that I can imagine that he would welcome a retirement and not having to deal with 9/11 conspiracy theories. Or did Art deny the inside job knowing what could happen to a very public person supporting the inside job theory? Right or wrong, I connected Art's disappearance to some important world event.

And enter George Noory who appears too stupid to pose a threat to any Power That Be. My apologies to George for sounding as if I have no compassion but the fact remains that George is a very poor interviewer. He'd probably be much better is he was playing his favorite hits and telling little stories about the music, when he first heard this song or when he once talked to this or that musician.

I used to look forward to downloading shows and listening to fantastic guests but now I can barely take 15 minutes of the inane statements and questions.

Welcome to the club, 2styx. You have pretty much captured the collective feeling and opinion that we here have of George Noory and what the show has become. I certainly cannot speak for everyone, nor is that my right, but I will say that I eventually came to look upon Coast to Coast, especially when hosted by Noory, as surreal radio comedy of the absurd. If you step back and then approach the show with your funny bone activated, you perhaps will see it in a whole new light, and get a laugh or twelve from the insanity of it all.

Mind you, that said, there are times when I too cannot take it (the instances where my funny bone is not in working order), and promptly switch him off.